Because Actually We're Never Been A Fate in This Life

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 23

 

 

 

 

 

 Tiffany to Tae:   

 Tae, it’s still 20 minutes more. Don’t be mad, kay? Neujeoso mianhae… :(

       Taeyeon quickly texted and reply the SMS while smiling imagining her unstoppable girlfriend.

(She always knew how to treat me properly, even when it just came to some little things)

 

Tae to Tiffany:      

Gwaenchana. Gidarilgeyo. Are u up to any Starbucks?

 

Tiffany to Tae:

       Aiii, Tae tae my lover… How could u read my mind? Eagerly. Order my fave, as usual, would u?

     

Tae to Tiffany:

You got it. *wink. Smooch.

 

 

       It was actually just an ordinary day like the other day. Taeyeon just picked up Tiffany as usual, like her routine, at the Choi Enterpreise, as she had already signed the MoU with the company. Tiffany was supposed to be done with her schedule at 11.00; however when Taeyeon reached there, she already got the text from her, said she’d probably bit late for around 20 minutes.

 

       Actually Tiffany knew Taeyeon wouldn’t be mad for sort things of that; instead she’d waited for her patiently and welcomed her with her sweet smile once she’d popped in front of her. But as Tiffany really would always want to be sweet in any occasion, no matter whether if it was only small occasion tough, Tiffany always inserted a little attention or sweet words toward her.

 

       And Taeyeon had to admit, day by day, Tiffany just already been the reason behind her smile, no matter how hard the pain she’d bear. Tiffany… was just like an angel that had been sent God from above…

 

       Taeyeon was still losing with her thought while holding two glasses of Starbucks. One was her favorite, cappucinno, and the other was Tiffany’s fave, iced green tea latte with soya milk. She ambled calmly as she knew she didn’t need to be hurry yet.

 

       But at that time suddenly she got the alarm as her eyes caught a children was almost running across the street; trying to catch up the ball bouncing toward the street, presumably came from the nearly park. Taeyeon eyes widened as she caught from the opposite direction, a car just run with a high speed and seemed the driver didn’t see it coming yet.

 

       “Josimhae!!!” She exclaimed but the children seemed didn’t pay attention at all.

 

       So instinctively Taeyeon dumped the drinks and hastily launched herself toward the children – in time before the car hit the kid; both of them rolling on the ground, with the kid inside her hug. She embraced the children tight for some second before finally slowly released her. The children stared at her for a moment; but strangely her face was deadpan. No sign of frantic or shock at all. But it didn’t take any matter for Taeyeon once she’d known the kid didn’t get hurt at all. She exhaled a relieving breath after all.

 

       “Are you okay?” she squatted and touched the kid’s hand; making sure once again.

 

 

       …

 

 

 

       “Yoona! Yoona! Omo… Oh my God… you’re really killing me,” a man suddenly hustled over the people in panic, approaching them. He was panting hard when finally he got the children.

       “Thankfully, she’s okay,” Taeyeon flashed a smile toward the man.

       “Gomawoyo... Gomawoyo…,” the man bowed in polite manner toward Taeyeon, the savior.

       “I really couldn’t imagine if you’re not here. Thank you very much…,” the man trailed off and Taeyeon already known he needed her name.

       “Taeyeon,” she smiled again.

       “Thank you very much, Taeyeon ssi. I owe you,” he said solemnly.

       “Gwaenchanayo, Ahjussi,” she assured. “I’m glad could help.”

       “Yoona, have you already said thank you to this Eonnie?” his father asked the little girl.

       “Gamsahamnida, Eonnie,” the girl said with her animated voice, making Taeyeon giggled.

       “Chonmaneyo. Josimhaeyo, would you?” she replied and caressed her cheeks few times before finally the man piped up again.

       Yoona nodded cutely, making Taeyeon widened her smile.

       “Good,” she said and waved her hand.

       “Annyeonghigyeseyo, Eonni.”

       “Annyeonghigaseyo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Taeyeon was still sitting on the bench and rubbing the wound on her knee few times when she suddenly heard the familiar giggled behind her. She tilted her head and suddenly just widened her eyes when she saw Tiffany was building interaction with that jerk. They seemed so close and it’s absolutely the scene she’d never like to see.

       “Ermh,” she made a sound, clearing , making both of them realized her presence.

       “Taetae,” Tiffany greeted her cheerfully and held her hand casually, as if nothing’s happened.

       “Annyeonghaseyo, Taeyeon Ssi. Long time no see. How’re you doing?”

       Strangely, this time Siwon showed some attitude.

(Weird… Really weird… It didn’t make any sense…

(Why suddenly this jerk’s behavior just changed 180 degrees?)

       “Er… I’m fine. How’re u doing?” finally Taeyeon could manage an answer, after considering that this time she had no reason to make any mess with him. Moreover it would make them looked like an amateur in this entertainment business and world if she couldn’t make any attitude as well.

       “Fine, as you could see,” Siwon widened his smile.

        “Oh yeah, it’s probably very late…,” he paused momentarily. “But… I’d really like to say sorry for everything already happened,” he said solemnly; making both TaeNy startled and jolted in surprise.

       “You might not believe my remarks,” he smiled as if know what Taeyeon was thinking.

       “But I’m really sorry. I knew I had made many mistakes in the past.”

       “Uhm, uh,” Taeyeon couldn’t find any words to spell. “It’s… okay,” finally she replied, though she didn’t feel want to spill it out.

       “I’m glad to hear that,” Siwon nodded his head seriously. “I just want to make it clear that… since this day on, there’s no crash between us again,” he said. “Since Tiffany was a star of our CF, I really really hope we’d build any good interaction and cooperation.”

       “Yeah. I’m sure about it,” Taeyeon replied awkwardly again, and forced a smile.

       “Good,” he smiled complacently and suddenly extended his hand. For some manner sake, Taeyeon received it and shook his hand.

       Afterward, Siwon stepped backward and slightly bowed.

       “Bye, Tiffany, Taeyeon Ssi,” he bid a goodbye politely,

       “Bye, Oppa,” Tiffany replied.

(Oppa??? What the - …) Taeyeon POV

 

       “Tae tae… Where’s my starbucks?” Tiffany made a face and asked her cutely.

       Taeyeon who was still trying hard to not think about the latest scene quickly flashed a smile and managed to answer.

       “Ah… it’s…,” Taeyeon was about to explain about the scene, when she dumped the drinks in order to save Yoona, but suddenly she hushed since she realized it would only making Tiffany worried about her.

       “Ummm… I… haven’t bought it yet,” she smiled dorkily. Tiffany frowned.

       “I… Actually was going to the toilet,” she improvised. “Since the queue was slightly long, I just haven’t made it yet,” she explained. “Hajiman… jamkan gidariseyo,” Taeyeon hastily added.

       “I’ll get it for you,” she quickly about to walk toward Starbuck stall again, but suddenly she felt her movement was restricted. It was caused by no other than her lover.

       Tiffany gripped her arms tightly and glared at her. Taeyeon smirked like a fool once she’d already known what the meaning behind the gaze.

      “Fanny~aaa,” she made a sound.

       “It wasn’t funny, don’t you know, Kim Taeyeon?” she released her grip and now crossing her arms, still glaring at her.

      “W-what?” Taeyeon still acted stupid deliberately.

      “Don’t you think you can hide it from me?” she shook her head in disbelief, then guided her to sit on the nearly bench. This time, Taeyeon obeyed tamely.

       “You limped,” she hissed. “Let me check your wound.”

       “Aish… it’s nothing, Fanny~aaa… Don’t…”

       “Let me see, would you?” Tiffany asked again with firm tone, making Taeyeon didn’t dare to argue more.

       Unwillingly she let Tiffany scrutinize her knee. As she had predicted Tiffany gasped and made a worry face.

       “Omo… It’s bleeding,” Tiffany said. “What’s happened to you?” she demanded an explanation.

      “Ugh… I was so reckless,” she improvised again. “I just didn’t see that the floor was slippery, so…. Yeah… I was slipped and falling down at the pavement,” she said convincingly; making the latter finally bought her lie.

       “But it’s okay, Fanny~aaa… Don’t exaggerate it,” she assured; making Tiffany’s eyes widened again.

       “You know I don’t like the way you talk, Tae.”

      “Mianhae,” Taeyeon quickly said, didn’t want to see her mad. “I mean… I don’t want you’re too much worry about me. Because…”

(Because you really had no idea what kind of person I am, Fanny~aaa…

The more you love me… the more pain you’d get later…)

       Taeyeon was trying hard not to spill the truth out.

       “Because?” Tiffany repeated her last word confusingly.

       “Because… it’s really nothing. I don’t want you spoil me a lot… Instead, it should be my role, hmh?” Taeyeon improvised very well this time. She herself was startled how could her tongue easily marshal some remarks like that. “I love you,” she added and finally just successfully made Tiffany gave in.

       “I love you too, Babo,” she uttered. “But next time, please,” she pleaded. “Don’t hide anything again from me, even if it was just small matter or even if you might thought it wasn’t necessary at all… because for me… everything comes to you, though it was only small unnecessary stuff… I’d really care about it… because…,” she trailed off.

       “Because… I had no idea what was going on to me…,” she paused momentarily again. “But just day after day, Tae… I already felt… you’re like blood cells streaming on my vein, Taeng… which was… when I found even if only one in million cells was ruptured, I’d got broken as well…”

 

 

 

 

 

       That night, as usual, Tiffany snuggled into Taeyeon’s chest. Because it had already been her habit, to sleep inside her hug. Sometimes she found it ridiculous, but hell yeah, once it had been her habit, she felt really addicted to it… Sleeping inside her hug was look like a drug addict consumed narcotics – they’d never be easy and comfortable before getting it.

       Tiffany smiled happily when she felt Taeyeon gently caressed her hair in the peaceful silence overwhelmed their night. But suddenly, a sudden strange feeling just gnawing at her mind when she abruptly noticed Taeyeon was barely talked to her this night, not like the other night, when she used to pepper her with many sweet and romantic words.

       “Tae…,” she called out her name softly.

       “Yes, Baby?” Taeyeon peered down, looking at the angelic face.

       “You’re kinda quiet this night,” she uttered. Taeyeon couldn’t reply fast.

       “You know you weren’t able to hide anything from me, do you?” she asked again, not with forcing tone, but rather to understanding tone.

       “You promise me to share anything and not to bear anything by your own, do you remember?” she asked again and now, gently touched her cheek.

       Taeyeon nodded her head feebly.

       “Are you getting mad at me?” she asked again, trying to find some clue as Taeyeon seemed still bother to share her thought with her.

       “Mad?” Taeyon repeated in bemusement.

       “Yeah… You… didn’t like… Siwon acted friendly… to us…? To me, I mean?” she slightly stuttered when asked the question. To tell the truth, Tiffany was a bit frantic releasing that question, she’s afraid it would make Taeyeon hurt.

       “Or… were you mad…because I called him… Oppa?” Tiffany guessed again.

 

 

 

 

(Frankly… of course I didn’t like it, Fanny~aaa… But… you must know… there’s something much more important to think right now… than sort of things…)

 

 

 

 

       “Aniya,” finally Taeyeon released any sound. “I indeed not really like it, but as long as he didn’t do any harassment toward you, I don’t think I have to raise any fuss with him…,” she said wisely; making Tiffany taken aback.

       “Why you’re seemed surprise?” Taeyeon asked wonderingly.

       “Because… because I never expected you’d that way… I thought… tonight we’d end up with another arguing…,” she admitted bluntly, earning a tender peck from Taeyeon.

       “It’s time to be mature, Fanny~aaa,” she whispered and pecked her again; making the latter giggled joyfully.

        “Tae… do you ever think why God was too generous to us?” she suddenly asked out of the blue.

       “Huh?”

       “Do you ever think… how lucky we’re?” she asked again. “He already paired us… and made us completed, together we wouldn't be lack of anything, Tae,” she explained; making Taeyeon struggled hard to fight back her tears.

 

 

 

 

(It was really really indeed hard… discovering her pure and innocent love toward me…)

(Why this all bad things happened to us, Fanny~aaa…)

(Why you must be a daughter of the one who’s in charge on my father’s death? Why God?)

 

 

 

 

       “Taeng… why didn’t you answer me at all?” Tiffany asked wonderingly again.

       “Tiffany…,” finally she released some sound. “Do you ever think about future?” suddenly Taeyeon asked an irrelevant question.

       “Future?” Tiffany puckered up her face in bewilderment. She shook her head dubiously.

       “Why I have to think about future?” she questioned. “My future is definitely you. I shouldn’t question it more, rite?” she asked again, now facing Taeyeon.

       “Or… are…you… not sure… with me?” she summoned her courage to ask; now she felt was about to pour some tears as her own question really freaked her out. Losing Taeyeon was the last thing she could bear in her life, for sure. Taeyeon quickly reached her into her hug and patted her back gently.

       “Aniya,” she murmured. “I always dream to be with you all the time.”

       “Don’t dream, Tae,” she murmured again. “Just make it happen, would you?”

       Instead of answering her question, Taeyeon was raising up another question.

       “Fanny~aaa… I just sometimes think… people aren't immortal, rite?”

       Suddenly Tiffany released herself from her hug. She stared at her with sorrowful gaze. Taeyeon had already known Tiffany wouldn’t be glad finding her brought up the issue, but she didn’t have any choice because the issue, at least on her opinion, was really necessary.

       “I don’t mean to make you sad or mad, Fanny~aaa. Don’t get me wrong. I know you hate me to talk about it,” Taeyeon said understandingly. “But it’s inevitable… people would die one day… What if I gone first?” she asked.

       Tiffany just already realized that Taeyeon’s thought was actually really making sense. During this time, she never wanted to think about it because she’s too afraid to even imagining losing Taeyeon.

       “Would you promise me that you’re will live well and properly if it really happened in our life?” Taeyeon asked again and in a blink she already caught Tiffany’s eyes already soaked with tears.

       Tiffany only could bit her bottom lips and Taeyeon couldn’t do anything more unless pulled her again into her embrace. She knew, by only that way, she could make the latter felt so secure, though she knew as well it wasn’t enough to erase all her fears.

      “Why you suddenly asked me like that?” Tiffany murmured inside her sob.

 

 

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

       “Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked to the little girl she just saved. The girl nodded impassively and suddenly held her hand, opened up her palms. Taeyeon was taken aback by her action but didn’t pull away her hand.

       The girl suddenly released some remarks that in Taeyeon’s ears were just not like any ordinary children remarks.

       “The dark is coming,” the girl uttered.

       “W-what?”

       “The dark is coming. It is really not over yet,” she mumbled again. “Just follow your heart.”

       “W-w…”

       “I can see the death is coming as well… The tears will pour hard just as hard as a snowy rain in December… the eyse will dry… as dry as the desert in Sahara...

       “W-what are you saying?” Taeyeon stammered and suddenly the atmosphere was already turned into the usual one again. The girl seemed dumbfounded looking at her.

       “I didn’t say anything, Eonnie,” the girl said solemnly.

(Is this girl... could foresee the future?)

 

       “Yoona! Yoona! Omo… Oh my God… you’re really killing me…………………., the man voice was heard... 

*end of flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       “Tae, you love me, do you?” the crack husky voice suddenly took her back to the reality.

       “It isn’t necessary to be questioned, Fanny~aaa. If I can find another word above ‘love’, I’d surely use it to tell you. In my life, I’d never felt the love as great as my love for you.”

       “Then don’t leave me, Tae. Don’t leave me. You know I can’t live without you.”

       “I won’t,” Taeyeon finally decided to say. “I won’t…”

       “Promise me?”

       She nodded and cupped her cheeks carefully. “With all my soul,” she said sincerely.

       Tiffany closed her eyes and slowly pulled her face closer.

       “I won’t leave you, Fanny~aaa. I promise you,” she said once again before sealing that night with kiss. She could see Tiffany finally smiled satisfyingly and snuggled again into her; this time she slept peacefully.

       While hours after hours afterward, even after the dawn was almost breaking, a girl still couldn’t sleep her eyes even for a minute. She spilled out her tears secretly in the dark, kept mumbling inside her heart.

       “I’m sorry, Fanny~aaa… This time seems I can’t make it happen to you…But perhaps, just perhaps, if God really takes my soul away from you, that’s maybe because actually we’re never really been a fate in this life.

 

 

 

 

 

to be continued...

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT

GAMSAHAMNIDA... ^^

 

 

 

Neujeoseo mianhae = sorry for being late

Annyeonghigyeseyo = good bye (was mentioned by the one who left)

Annyeonghigaseyo = bye (was mentioned by the one who had been left)

Hajiman = but

Jamkan gidariseyo = wait for a moment

Chonmaneyo = you're welcome

Josimhaeyo = be careful