Awkward!!!

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

CHAPTER 7

 

 

 

 

KTY

       My name is Kim Tae Yeon. I was sort of person that used to stand on my own. I wouldn’t let myself depend on someone, count on someone, or even worse desperate into someone. No. Those terms would never be existed in my dictionary. So, with that, I knew I didn’t need much to ponder with it. Everything just would be okay. She got his boyfriend back and I was already bothered with her. I’d find another fun with another thing. At least, I kept indoctrinating myself with those words. But the fact…?

       Hummm, now I found myself was sitting on the corner of my favorite bar at the Sinchon. The bartender had already known me well, so without even explaining me what I wanted, he already made me the cocktail. He chuckled and flashed smile toward me discovering I spent my time in Saturday night on my own. Usually I came here with Yuri and Jessica, or with other people, mentioned anyone! I never went to pub on my own, so you know. Unless… when I wanted to be alone badly.

       “Gimme another shot!” I ordered him but he seemed hesitate.

       “No,” he replied dubiously. “Who gonna get drunk and this time I don’t see someone gonna send you home… Or at least, you call Yuri or…”

       “Aish,” I snapped indignantly. “Just gimme what I want,” I proffered my empty glass to him.

 

 

 

TH

       I was glad today. Very glad. Very happy. Dong Hae Oppa had already made it up to me. I thought it was all because of Taetae’s job. She’s unmistakably great. Her idea was such a brilliant one. And she… just did it to me? She really saved me from tears. But why… suddenly I felt bad for her? Was she… upset I just cancelled our plan? No, it wasn’t right. She wouldn’t be upset. Why she should be so? I didn’t even harm her at all…

       “Hi, what are you thinking about, Baby?” Dong Hae asked me as he discovered me spaced out in the car.

       “Owh… Umm, nothing, Oppa… I was glad… We’re back together again,” I admitted and felt my face suddenly blushed as I released the words. It made Dong Hae giggled and suddenly touched my hand.

       “I was glad as well, you gave me another chance,” he said. “What if… we celebrate it, Baby?”

       “Celebrate it?” I repeated confusingly.

       “Uh-uh,” he nodded cheerfully. “Let’s have some drink. I know a well-known bar around here.”

 

 

KTY

       I was about to ask another shot when my eyes suddenly spotted the couple figure just entered the bar. Oh no. no. no. I gasped secretly and hit my head dramatically as though I was dreaming. Ouchhh. No. I wasn’t dreaming. It was really her and her boyfriend. Now they had been one again and it was all because of my great work. I supposed to be HAPPY, rite. I supposed to be proud I just did something great: saving someone from heart breaking by pairing her with her boyfriend again – a rare thing I ever did during my phlegm world life -.

       But… but… NOOO… I wouldn’t let them capturing me on my own at the bar on the Saturday night. I would looked like as “DESPERATE” one… Desperate??? What??? Was it the words I often enhanced her not to be?? And now what would she say if I was caught red-handed here??

 

 

       Ohh… why on this beautiful earth she had to appear at the bar on the city where SNSD was born…????

 

 

       Would it just be okay if I displayed my best smile and casually said. “Hi? I planned to have a drink with Yuri and Jessica but seemed they wouldn’t make it happen. So, yeah, as you see, now here I am. Alone.”

       WHAT? I knew she’s dumb but I didn’t think she was as dumb as that to buy my lie this time. NO. It was a big no… Moreover her boyfriend… I had no idea what he felt toward me… It was possible for him to… slightly became not easy toward me because less or more I had made a mess with him. I humiliated him and I couldn’t imagine he’d smirked and threw a pathetic look at me this time. No, it couldn’t be happened to Kim Taeyeon life.

       While thinking, I gulped my tequila again. Not long afterward, finally it happened.

       I heard the husky voice yelled my name. Dead you, Kim Taeyeon…

 

 

 

 

TH

       “Taetae?” I greeted her wonderingly, didn’t expect will find her in this kind of place. Did she… just finished her meeting and go here? But why I didn’t see anybody else but her only?

       She didn’t answer me and I could see her face was slightly red.

       “Tae? Do you recognize me?” I asked again, this time dubiously. Did she… already got drunk?

       “HA!!! I see angel from the sky!!! Who’s your name, Angel?”

       Suddenly she exclaimed and clapped her hands happily. I threw her baffled look and in a second I just realized she’d already reached drunken state.

       “Ah… Miss,” I heard bartender said to me. I shifted my gaze toward him.

       “Eh…,” he sounded surprise when our face met. “Seems… you’re familiar… Jamkan…,” he thought for some moment then snapping his fingers. “Ah I know! You’re the new actress rite? The one who mimicked the barking dog, rite???”

       Suddenly my face just blushed hearing the remarks. Why from all of the descriptions he could use he had to say “the one who mimicked the barking dog???” Why didn’t he use term “the one who picked the ahjumma group” or “the one who participated on Taeyeon’s production?”

       But I didn’t have any choice. I nodded.

       “Good good… What such a coincidence,” he said.

       “Huh?”

       “Would you like to send Taeyeon Ssi home? She seemed already had skinful,” he said.

       I cocked my head to Dong Hae but he only crossed his arms.

       I smiled and pleaded him. “Oppa…?”

       I knew he was still uneasy with the slender girl but… in other hand I couldn’t just let her here and pretend it wasn’t my business at all. Taeyeon had been so nice to me and… I wanted at least I ever did something to her though it might just a small thing.

       “Ara… ara,” finally Dong Hae gave up and assented with me.

       “But I don’t know where she lives,” suddenly I remembered I had no idea about her address.

       “Ah, gwaenchana. I know that. Here’s the address, but jebal, just keep it for yourself,” he said and proffered a writing of her address to me.

 

 

 

 

 

KTY

INSIDE THE CAR

       “Oppa…,” I heard Tiffany said with aegyeo when finding him just slightly quiet than before. “Are you getting upset with me?”

       “Hmmm,” he only said that, making her heaved a huge sigh.

       “Oppa… Don’t get her wrong, please? She’s a nice person…”

(WTH… It supposed not to be like this… Arghhh…Why this babo, instead of leaving ‘fake-drunken’ me, just sending me home… with this… jerk… Erghhh)

       I thought by pretending getting drunk, she would just bother to do something with me and just left me like that. I didn’t expect she would be so nice and send me home… Fiuh. And now, I was trapped under the same ‘roof’ with them and for the God sake… the issue they were bringing up now was ME!

       They’re talking about me and I couldn’t pretend didn’t hear. I could hear them clearly. T.T -.-

       “Didn’t you remember what she said to me, Baby?” I heard Dong Hae said. I heard Tiffany giggled and it made me wonder.

       “Oh, Oppa. I can’t believe you’re still thinking about it,” Tiffany uttered. “Were you… getting jealous?”

       “Hmmh, yes.”

       I heard Tiffany gasped then giggled again as if she just watched Jerry was tricking Tom.

       “Oh my God, for God sake, Oppa… What we’re talking about here was a girl! You’re getting jealous by a girl?”

       “What’s wrong with it?” Dong Hae shrugged his shoulder. “The point was she had crush on you, Tiffany. And she also said… she’d after you if…”

       “Oppa,” Tiffany cut off. “You know it wouldn’t make any sense, rite?”

       The moment I heard Tiffany remarked those words, suddenly I felt my heart stop beating and my soul like already hovered around my body… But why? Why I had to feel so? She’s right. I just blurted out randomly that time and it wouldn’t make any sense. I didn’t have any crush on her and I wouldn’t after her… She’s right. I just did it spontaneously to save her seemed so desperate in front of him.

       “Oppa… Let me make it’s clear to you. What she’s exactly doing that time was only helping me… She… had no crush on me and vice versa. I’m not into girl, Oppa.”

       “I don’t think so,” Dong Hae showed disagreement. “What if she really has crush on you?”

       “Hmmmh…,” Tiffany trailed off.

        “I hope she doesn’t,” she said briefly.

(Oh man… Stop that. Stop that. You’re talking about me! And I could absorb everything here! Please stop it! You may talk about me anytime anywhere you want… but not now and not here… with conscious me. It is so… AWKWARD!!!)

       But suddenly I felt sudden pang emerged on my heart as I heard she finished her sentence.

“Because I don’t want her gets hurt.”

 

 

 

 

 

TH

       It had already been a week… and I found it’s weird… since she didn’t call or text me at all. It seemed like she had been disappeared from this world… It seemed like I never knew a bossy girl named Kim Taeyeon. Even in the morning after I sent her home that night, out of my expectation, she didn’t call or text me at all… At least… show some gratitude or… Ah, I forgot. It was a bossy girl we’re talking about. Of course she would bother to say thanks or so… Forget that.

       But… really, finding her didn’t prank me… I felt… like something had already missed from my life. Did I… miss her? And why… I seemed want her… Aih, that’s not right. I supposed to be happy. One big troublemaker had already gone! Now I could live peacefully! Right?

       I jolted in surprise when suddenly my mobile-phone rang. I frowned as I didn’t recognize the number but once I heard someone greeted back, I displayed smile on my face as I recognized the voice.

 

 

 

KTY

       “GET your eyes off from her , Byunyul!” I smirked and nudged my best friend that I caught her eyes kept pinning on the curve perfect of my cousin.

       She growled and glared at me. “Hey, what’s wrong with you?” she scowled as I distracted her.

       “Ya know I think she had crush on me as well,” she grinned confidently, making me shook in disbelief.

       “Let me ask her and find whether you’re right or not,” I bluffed and pretended to rise from my chair. She quickly tugged my shirt and glared at me again.

       “Do it and I bet you’d get big trouble to find my substitute to handle your new program!”

       I burst into laughter as I knew what Yuri was talking about.

       “You’re right,” I laughed. “I can imagine she will cut you into pieces and make Yuri’s stew! HAHAHAHA…”

       “Oh yeah, did Jessica already tell you?” Yuri suddenly asked.

       “About what?”

       “Oh… I guessed she forgot, but…”

      

 

 

 

       “Annyeonghaseyo…”

 

 

 

 

       The moment I recognized the voice, that’s the moment I felt frozen as well. What the????

       Yuri quickly rose from her chair and approached her. She extended her hand to welcome Tiffany and the latter beamed her eye-smile that already killed me that time. I held my breath and hoped it wasn’t real. What the… Who invited her to join our private party??? I meant…

       “I invited her,” Jessica suddenly popped beside me, as if could read my mind. “She deserves it. Because of her, our TV show attracted many audiences!”

       “Yeah, hell, but how could you don’t ask my permission first?” I asked indignantly. In a glance, I could catch Tiffany’s expression turned into gloom one.

       “Hi, dude,” Yuri seemed surprise with my remarks. “Can you just show any attitude?” she whispered to me but I ignored it.

       “Was… is it you yourself that once intended to celebrate it with her?” Yuri asked again.

       “I changed my mind,” I said in annoying tone while pouring my wine into my glass.

        I waved my hand as if shooing some flies and continued. “Come on, don’t exaggerate it,” I said. “Don’t act as if she’s national warrior.”

       I stole a glance at Tiffany again, and now she seemed fight back her tears. I knew my words already hurt her.

       “Don’t listen to her,” I heard Jessica said and patted Tiffany’s back. “She really had bad temper, you know that.”

       But now, seemed Jessica and Yuri weren’t on my side and to tell the truth, I was sort of person who keep my dignity high.

       “Fine!” I hastily got up and hit the table. “Just go on without me. I don’t need this crap.”

       I knew everyone was still stunned on by my action but I hastily dashed leaving the place. I clenched my fist and didn’t really know what I felt.

       I hate her. I hate what she’d already said in the car that night.

       She said… she didn’t hope me had crush on her because she didn’t want me got hurt…

       What the hell she thought she’s??? Did she think I’d really fall into her?? Oh, come on man… I could find lotta “Tiffany Hwang” in this world… So don’t think you’re the only one who could make me feel that way…

       But, wait… wait… make me feel what way????

 

 

 

 

       I kicked out a small stone in my annoyance, while stuffing my hands on my pocket.

       Before I walked further, suddenly a hand held mine, restricting me to go any further.

       “Taetae?”

 

 

 

“What’s happened to you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

       I clenched my teeth and yanked her hand away. I’d already told you. I HATE HER.

 

 

 

 

 

 

       She didn’t let me go of. She held my arm again, this time even tighter.

       For the first time I realized… this girl had something in common with me. She’s stubborn…

       I couldn’t help but stopped in my track again. This time I heard her said again. Despite of what I’ve done to her, her voice was still remained patient and calm.

 

 

“Taetae…,” she called out my name again. “What’s happened to US?”

 

 

 

She rephrased the word “you” became “us”.

 

 

to be continued...

 

 

 

I wonder if you ever experienced situation when someone're talking about you and you could clearly hear them...

Hahaha... What did you feel? Hahaha...

And oh yeah, with her super dignity, would Tae 'give in' to Tiff?

Eh, cham, have u watched I GOT A BOY MV that already been released today?

How's ur opinion?