BROKEN TRUST

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

 

Sometimes not every thing could be spilled out.

That's why we need to trust each other.

 

 

CHAPTER 17

 

 

 

     Taeyeon knew Tiffany kept frowning during their way to home. And she absolutely knew what was ruining on her girlfriend mind.

       “Are you really leaving me?” Finally Tiffany spoke up after they touched down her home. She was still put a gloom expression in hope Taeyeon would cancel her plan.

       Taeyeon pecked her cheek but seemed didn’t work this time. Tiffany still stayed dark.

       “I’m not leaving you, Baby,” Taeyeon said patiently. “It will be quick. Few hours only,” she persuaded.

       “I’m not used to,” Tiffany pouted and huff her cheeks. She avoided any eye contact with Taeyeon.

       “Come on, Fani~aaa. We’d talked about it yesterday, right?” Taeyeon persuaded again.

       “I don’t like it ~ whenever you aren’t around me,” Tiffany admitted bluntly.

       Taeyeon smiled and turned Tiffany’s head by her chin; to face her.

       “Do you think I like it too?” she asked. Tiffany shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly.

       “I also want to spend my time with you as much as I can, Fani~aaa,” she said.

       “Don’t go then. I need you so badly, Tae…,” Tiffany pleaded.

       Taeyeon tipped toe and kissed Tiffany’s top of head then she wrapped her arm around her neck.

       “Don’t be spoiled. You have to adjust yourself to this,” she whispered.

       “What do you mean?” Tiffany asked confusingly.

       “Would you marry me?” Taeyeon asked softly.

       Tiffany’s eyes were widening. The question really caught her off guard. It wasn’t she wasn’t happy to hear that question; but she really couldn’t find any relationship between the circumstance with the question.

       “Of course I would,” Tiffany finally managed to say. “Wouldn’t you?” she threw back the question. Taeyeon was still hugging her and now flashing a smile.

       “Call me fool if I wouldn’t marry you,” she said and giggled. “You’re the only one I would marry with,” she landed a quick peck on Tiffany’s lip. Slowly, Tiffany displayed a smile on her face. Somehow, Taeyeon always could make her smile; no matter how hard the situation was.

       “I don’t see the correlation yet,” Tiffany suddenly realized about the question again.

       “Of course it has strong correlation,” Taeyeon briskly replied.

       “If I be your husband, you have to prepare yourself not to be so spoiled,” she said.

        “Because I suppose to work from the morning until the afternoon. You must not complain about it,” she shook her head.

       Tiffany frowned again.

       “You don’t need to work. We can live well with my…”

       Taeyeon hastily shook her head and interrupted.

       “I know it, Baby,” she said. “But I want to take responsible as a husband. I want to give you something with my money. I want the world know that I deserve to get you. I want to be the best for you. I’ll do that because I love you so much. You get it?” Taeyeon explained and stared at her girlfriend eyes deeply.

       Tiffany seemed taken aback. She found Taeyeon was sincere with her statement. And again she found she really couldn’t live without her.

       “Taeng, I love you,” she said.

       “Me too. Don’t be upset at me again?” Taeyeon pleaded.

       “No. I was never been upset at you. I was upset with myself… for being so weak without you,” Tiffany said innocently.

       Taeyeon couldn’t help but rewarded her girlfriend a passionate kiss before she left her house.

 

 

 

       Didn’t take too long after Taeyeon left, Tiffany suddenly realized Taeyeon forgot to take her cell-phone.

       “She never been so reckless like that,” she mumbled and was about to take Taeyeon’s cell-phone and save it when suddenly it was ringing.

       Tiffany narrowed her eyes when seeing the name on display screen.

 

OMMA CALLING

 

       She hesitated for a moment before finally she picked it up.

       “Yoboseyo?”

       “Taeyeon~aaa? I miss you!” There was a woman voice over.

       “Ehm,” Tiffany cleared . “Mianhaeyo,” Tiffany said. “This isn’t Taeyeon. Taeyeon forgot to bring this cell-phone,” Tiffany explained.

       “Ahhhhh… Arassoyo,” the woman briskly replied. “Mianhaeyo, I think you’re my daughter,” the woman continued.

       “Gwaenchanayo,” Tiffany said politely.

       “So, who’s this?”

       “Tiffany yeyo,” Tiffany said. “Tiffany Hwang.”

       “Omoooo!!!” Suddenly the woman gasped. “Jongmalyo joesonghaeyo…,” she quickly apologized again as she knew Taeyeon was working for her.

        Tiffany smiled. “Ah, gweanchanayo, Ahjumma,” Tiffany assured her.

        “You’re Taeyeon’s boss, right?”

        Tiffany paused for a moment.

        “I’m Taeyeon’s girlfriend and would be his wife in the future. And would call you Omma as well.”

       She really wanted to spill this answer out; however she knew she would make her-future-mother-in-law got heart attack if she told her now.

       “Ne, Ahjumma,” Tiffany replied politely.

       “Did she work well?” Mrs. Kim asked curiously.

        “More than well, Omma. She could make me cry yet make me smile again in just a blink. She gave me love that I never felt before.”

         And again Tiffany could only gulp her saliva. Ugh, Taeng… I really wanted to call her Omma and told her the truth.

       “Ne, Ahjumma,” Tiffany said. “She helped me a lot. I was lucky to know her.”

       “Aniyeyo,” Mrs. Kim replied. “That kid was lucky you accepted her. It was out of her expectation actually. She really needed a work. She was a good kid… She worked hard for us…,” Mrs. Kim’s voice began to softer and faintly heard.

       “Ugh, mianhaeyo… What I was talking about,” she hastily cut off when she found she was talking too much; but Mrs. Kim heard Tiffany giggled.

       “Arassoyo, Ahjumma,” Tiffany said. “I know she’s a good person. You’re lucky have a daughter like her. Jongmalyo,” she convinced.

       “Gomawoyo, Mrs. Hwang,” Mrs. Kim said in embarrassment.

       “Owh, just call me Tiffany, Ahjumma…”

       “Ugh, hajiman…,” Mrs. Kim was about to refuse.

       “Gwaenchanayo, Ahjumma… Taeyeon and I were so close. We’re just like a sister,” Tiffany said.

 

Not a sister, actually. We’re an item. T.T

 

       “A sister? What such a good news,” Mrs. Kim responded cheerfully. “You can call me Omma if you like, Tiffany,” Mrs. Kim offered.

       Tiffany’s eyes were widening. OMMA???

       “I’d love to…” “Omma…”

       “Ah… That sounds good,” Mrs. Kim said. “Anyway, where’s Taeyeon, Tiffany?”

       “Ah… She had any business outside, Omma. You may call her in her another mobile. She brought it, actually.”

       “Business?” Mrs. Kim repeated curiously and seemed ignored the suggestion. “This night?”

       “She had to look after her niece,” Tiffany explained briefly.

       “Her niece???” Mrs. Kim repeated surprisingly. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. It obviously wasn’t a good response.

       “W-why you seemed so surprise, Omma?”

       There was a short pause.

       “Taeng didn’t have any niece,” Mrs. Kim said.

       Tiffany tried to giggle in her panic. She hoped it was only a misunderstanding.

       “Ah… Perhaps it wasn’t her real niece. Taeng told me that it was one of her relative here. Her relative had to go to work and back home late during these days, so she didn’t have any choice unless entrust her children to Taeyeon.”

       “I’m sure I am not wrong, Tiffany,” Mrs. Kim said. “She didn’t even have any relative in Seoul. No one,” Mrs. Kim assured.

       And that time, Tiffany felt her heart was stopping pump.

 

 

 

 

       When Taeyeon was back home and found Tiffany was sitting on a chair at the dining room; with no sound or any gaze toward her; she directly caught the indication. Something went wrong. And it didn't seem good. But she was clueless as few hours before she remembered TIffany was in her good mood after they talked about marriage and their future.

       "Fani~aaaa?" she called out carefully. Tiffany didn't answer yet didn't give any reaction.

       Taeyeon stepped forward her and was about to touch her but Tiffany suddenly got up and pushed away her.

       Taeyeon stumbled backward for few steps but finally she could manage her balance again. She threw a puzzled look toward her girlfriend.

       "What kind of look is that?" Tiffany yelled.

       "Fani~aaa, I really don't get it. What's wrong?" Taeyeon asked.

       "You really don't get it?" Tiffany repeated in mocking voice.

       "FINE then!" She threw away a glass and it crashed the floor. It was breaking into pieces and Taeyeon looked dumbfounded witnessing it. Actually it was the first time Tiffany being rude again since they were official. And it could be called as their first row as well.

       "Fani~aaa," Taeyeon still managed to be patient. "Just tell me what my mistake. I really couldn't figure it out."

       "YOU'RE LIAR!" Tiffany cried out. Taeyeon jerked.

       "You didn't go for looking after your niece and you didn't even have any relative here, did you???"

       Taeyeon was frozen. WHAT THE... How could she know??? Taeyeon knew she's supposed to not continue her lie.

       "Yes," finally she could answer. "I lied," she said briefly.

       "Why did you do this to me? Where actually you were going?" Tiffany demanded.

       "Mianhae," Taeyeon said again. "But I can't tell you."

       "YOU WHAT? I caught you lie to me and you still didn't want to tell me the truth? F**K you, Kim Tae Yeon!" Tiffany exclaimed in anger.

       "Fani~aaa, trust me. I didn't do anything that you may think about."

       "How could I trust you when you just keep silent and didn't tell me what actually was happening???"

       "Sometimes not every thing could be spilled out," Taeyeon pleaded. "That's why we need to trust each other."

       "HOW COULD YOU SAY A KIND OF THING LIKE THIS????" Tiffany widened her eyes when she heard Taeyeon's plead.

       "I trust you but I couldn't accept the way you lie to me!" she began to cry.

       "I hate you Kim Tae Yeon! I hate you!"

       Then Tiffany just run away and headed to her room. She locked it from inside while stiffling. She wanted to trust Taeyeon. She wanted to believe that Taeyeon didn't cheat on her. But how could she was? Her thought was so messy. She hurt.

       Taeyeon held her tears as well. She headed to her room since she knew it was useless to talk to Tiffany again. It would only worsen the situation if she insisted to soothe Tiffany anger or persuade her not to be mad at her. She knew Tiffany deserved to be angry to her.

       Tiffany sobbed on her bed. And her sob was getting hard when she realized she was going to sleep alone this night. She glimpsed at the vacant space beside her; where Taeyeon used to sleep. She felt so lonely. Felt so lost. Felt missing something. Deep inside her heart she knew she really need her badly. And wanted her to be with her always. Even in this kind of circumstance... Because she loved Taeyeon more than everything.

 

 

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

 GLOSSARIUM 

 YOBOSEYO = HALLO 

 MIANHAEYO, JOISONGHAEYO = SORRY (INFORMAL BUT POLITE) 

 GWAENCHANAYO = IT'S OK (INFORMAL BUT POLITE) 

 ARASSOYO = GET IT (INFORMAL BUT POLITE) 

 HAJIMAN = BUT 

 ANIYEYO = NO (INFORMAL BUT POLITE) 

 JONGMALYO = REALLY (INFORMAL BUT POLITE) 

 

 

 

Poor Tiffany and bad Taeng.

Why Taeng just didn't tell the truth and make everything be easier?

Didn't Taeng realize that Tiffany would accept her the way she was rather than building a lie?

Or... perhaps it was a kind of thing that Taeyeon knew Tiffany wouldn't accept it?

Like a cheating, maybe?