You Are Not Alone

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

But you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
But you are not alone

(You Are Not Alone - Michael Jackson)

 

 

Before reading this chapter, I want to suggest you to try to position yourself as if you are playing the role.

See if you're feeling like it real afterward. If it worked, I'd be glad if you're sharing some comments. :)

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 28

 

 

 

 

 

      TAEYEON knew she had nothing more to do with all of those things already occur.

       However, seeing Tiffany bear the pain and seemed devastated like this really made her shattered already.

       Tiffany’s eyes were watery, but suddenly, for the first time, Taeyeon could see, Tiffany struggled hard to fight back the tears.

       She slightly lifted her head upward, didn’t let even a single drop to flow.

       And Taeyeon knew why. It already brought her to the knowledge, that at this time, Tiffany even bothered to cry for her.

       And again, Taeyeon totally absorb it, that she really didn’t deserve for the tears at all. Discovering the truth that Tiffany really didn’t even show or share the tears with her, obviously already gave the sign to her, where all of this thing would lead to.

       “Tiffany… I can expl…,” Taeyeon couldn’t stand it anymore; trying to explain for the last time, though she’d already expected, it wouldn’t change anything.

       Tiffany hastily lifted her hands. A bitter smile was curved on her sorrowful face.

       “Don’t. Don’t say anything again, please. It’s enough,” she cut off.

       Her tone was flat, didn’t raise any pitch at all; making Taeyeon hurt even more. She rather been slapped or received any harsh words from her than bearing this kind of tone from her.

       It’s not like Tiffany she used to know- Tiffany who had temper, Tiffany who easily released her anger, Tiffany who acted like a child, Tiffany with all the flaws, but still, Tiffany the one she loved most.

       It’s really like facing a stranger, finding the way she talked.

 

 

 

       Taeyeon couldn’t bear it anymore. All of her bones and joint felt suddenly weak and powerless. She dropped herself on the floor. Kneeling, as if it could reduce all pain she made. Tiffany didn’t move even for an inch. She didn’t reach for her. She didn’t hug her. She seemed didn’t affected at all.

       “Mianhae,” it was the only word could be released from Taeyeon.

       “You don’t need to say it,” Tiffany replied again.

        “I’m disgusting, I know it. I know I can’t expect anything more from you,” Taeyeon said feebly.

       “But I really love you. All the experiences we got along were all real….”

       Tiffany widened her smile; only adding another bitter pang to her.

       “Maybe I once had ever been a fool, like you wrote. But if you’re me, will you become fool again, Tae?”

       This time Taeyeon knew everything she said was only fruitless thing. Tiffany didn’t need the answer for her rhetorical question.

       “Just get up, would you?” she asked, very calm.

       “There’s nothing more to talk about, Tae,” Tiffany said. “You know what,” she continued.

       “Though I never regret all happened in my life, if I had a chance to born again, I’d ask God to give me the knowledge to see everything, at least just a bit, so I won’t be this fool again.”

       Hearing all of those pure remarks really terribly lashed Taeyeon’s heart. Slowly she got up. With her last bow, just like at the first time they met and started it out like an assistant-boss relationship, she stepped backward and said.

       “Mianhae… I know you won’t believe this, but for the last time let me say it again. You’re the most beautiful thing I ever had in my life, Tiffany Hwang. Never even for a second I my life, I played with your heart.”

       Afterward she bid a silent goodbye and left.

       After Taeyeon vanished from her sight, Tiffany let out all of her pain and sorrow into a hard cry and tears. She roared. She yelled to let out all of those real feelings. For hours. Until she felt very tired and powerless, and at that time she knew, this time her heart would never be fixed again. Taeyeon was her real first and last love in her life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Yuri was still lounging lazily on the sofa at the living room while watching the television when the bell of her house suddenly rang. Once hearing the bell she just rose and stretched her arms, walking toward the door, wondering who coming in the middle of noon like this.

       “Jamkan~aaa!” she yelled while reaching the door.

       And in a second, the girl popped in her sight. She hung her head low.

       “Taeyeon?” she asked in surprise tone. “What evil brought yo…,” she released a joke, but suddenly hushed her own mouth once she caught the terrible expression displayed on her best friend face.

       “Oh my God… What happened again, Tae?” she asked and widened the door; let her went inside.

      “Anja!” she guided her to sit on the couch and took a sit beside her afterward. She crouched and faced the dark face for a moment, but still didn’t get any answer.

       “You had another row again?” she guessed. Taeyeon nodded feebly. Yuri patted her back to encourage her.

       “You know you’d make it up again, rite? Everything just will be all…”

       “No. This time it’s really goodbye, Yul,” Taeyeon quickly chimed in and tilted her head to look at her. Yuri displayed a weird smile and threw her a bemusement look.

       “W-what did you say?” she asked dubiously.

       “I messed it all,” Taeyeon replied, briefly.

       “Messed what?” Yuri asked confusingly.

       “Tiffany found my handwriting that stated about my revenge…”

       Yuri eyes were almost bugged out from the socket hearing the remarks.

       “W-what?? What are you talking about??”

       “You’ve heard me, Yul,” Taeyeon said feebly again. “She entered my room and found the handwriting behind the photograph of me and my father… I wrote those stupid things when I was getting emotion… It stated that I’d use her to run my revenge toward her father… and besides, I also said that… she’s only a fool who falling in love with me…”

       “Eo-eotokke, Taeyeon~aaa…,” Yuri gasped in shock. “I… I can’t believe it…,” she murmured.

       “Me too,” Taeyeon smiled wryly.

       “And then… didn’t you have any effort to explain to her what’s already going on?”

       Taeyeon shook her head, still hanging a smile on her face.

       “If you’re on her position, do you think you’d still listen for reason?”

       “Oh my God,” Yuri gasped again and rubbed her head, as if it’s her who experienced the scene.

       “Let me explain everything to her. She’d listen to me!” Yuri quickly said but Taeyeon hastily tugged her shirt and shook her head again.

       “No, Yul, thanks. You had much helped me,” she said sincerely. “What happened between me and Tiffany already had been fated. If I wasn’t able to change it, I believe there’s no one else who is able to do so as well. Maybe she isn’t the one for me, she isn’t my destiny. We can’t force to own what we supposed not to own it, Yul. Though it hurt me a lot, I’d sincerely pray for her. I’d be happy to see her recover and into someone else. Someone deserves her heart. I believe the time will come,” Taeyeon said with her crack voice. Yuri felt so touched hearing all of those remarks. The tears began to prickle on her eyelids and before it dropped, she had already reached Taeyeon into her hug.

       “If you say so, I can’t say anything else, Tae. You know what the best for you… I’d pray for your happiness as well. Remember, Tae, even if you felt nobody cares, you’d still have me… I will always be on your side, even if in the darkest time in your life,” Yuri promised solemnly, making Taeyeon dropped another tears.

      "Remember... you are not alone, Taeyeon..."

       “Gomawo, Yul,” she said thankfully and tightened her hug as well.

 

 

 

 

 

       If Taeyeon thought the problem was ended just like it, she was absolutely wrong then.

       Few moments afterward, Yuri’s phone was ringing. It was Jessica who’s calling.

       “Yes, Baby?” Yuri greeted.

       “Seobang!! Turn on television now, channel X!!!” Jessica didn’t even greet back. She seemed in the shock and panic mode.

       “W-what’s up?” Yuri asked while scrabbling around the sofa to find the remote.

       “Just do it! You’ll see! Bye for now, Seobang! I’ll call you later!”

       Once after the channel on in front of both Yuri and Taeyeon, both of them widened their eyes in shock as well.

       It was kind of entertainment program, clearly revealing so many pictures of both Taeyeon and Tiffany, and all of the pictures obviously exposing their intimate relationship. Mostly of them were taken by Taeyeon herself using self-camera. How… could it be public consumption????

       “Today some of magazine and television station had received the hottest news about new rising star, Tiffany Hwang… What a such disappointed and unexpected to discover that the rising star that had already been a role model for children, teenager, and adult didn’t keep her attitude… The photographs we received this morning already indicated that she had a shameful affair with her assistant and manager, that we’d confirmed it later. However, though we hadn’t confirmed it yet, many people seemed had conclusion in common. We had interviewed some people, mostly her big fans and they revealed their huge disappointment regarding with this issue. They had opinion in common as well, that the confirmation wasn’t really necessary as the pictures had told them more than some remarks.”

       Still holding their breath, they kept watching.

       The camera then zoomed to an ahjumma.

       “What a shame!!! Don’t they know our country just doesn’t receive sort kind of relationship like it? What a pity? A beautiful talented artist like her did that thing like it…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

Good quote for today:

Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes...