two.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

Just like a puppet, going to become a grown up already.

She tried to change her future and to direct it all to love.

Is she not making another mistake????

                “What is my mother doing in my school again?” She sent a mail on her mother, “Okay. Affirmative. Now, heading there.” Jung Soojung pouted. She overhauled her skirt which she had put on shorter than the other girls. She put on her coat and tied the ribbon. Jung Soojung’s footsteps took a mile until she got at the front of the school. She delivered a half-hearted wave on her mother’s direction. Her mother lightly smiled back as she was having a conversation with her acquaintances via phone.

                “Soojung-ah, where’s the director’s office?” Her mother’s first question meant that she didn’t come for her. She circled her eyes on her mother’s behavior. “Where is it? Taemin contacted me that he needs a guardian to sign for the papers.” Her mother looked at the spaced-out her.  

                “Mnmm..Oppa?Why? Is there any problem?” Soojung looked again at the surroundings. She bit her thumb and tried it. But, her mother glared at her and she had to hold it for a total halt.

                “Don’t do that, Soojung.” Her mother twitched her lips. “Lead me there. I need to talk with them.” Soojung unenthusiastically directed her mother up to the entrance of the director’s office. “So, is this it?” Her mother caught the handle of the door and was about to open it. “Oh..you can go now.”

                Soojung already turned back but still wanting to catch a glimpse of a nice piece of infos from her mother.  Just about to walk a few meters away from her mom, her mother paused and talked about someone she hated again, “Sooyeon-ah is going to visit us for a week. Look forward to it, Soojung.”

                “Mnmm..” She waved back and smiled fakely again. “Haha. I’m happy to see her.” Soojung’s voice seemed to give her.

                “I know that you don’t like your sister, but to still…” Her mother heaved a sigh.

Soojung’s POV

                What do you want me to do, huh? To be happy for Pete’s sake, everything I had tried to do was only ruining my life in this society and now, the only person who could make my own happiness disappear is her own existence.

                “Soo—Soojung..” Choi Jinri was just an inch close to me and had wiped off the sweat from her plain handkerchief. “Are you alright?” I nodded and wanted to make this inferiority disappear. I wanted most of all to forget about this life.

                “Ji—Jinri-ah, Gumawo.” I squeezed my best friend, my only companion, her shoulder is the only one I could lean on during this times. She was kind of hysterical as she looked at my face.             

“Why are you crying? Are you really sure you are not sick? Where is madame?” Jinri riveted my arm and dragged me in the bathroom. “Aigoo..don’t cry anymore. Is it because of unni again? Is she coming back?” I could no longer hold it and cried and cried until I wear myself out. I got a few tissues from the roll and snuffled and sniffed. Jinri was just smiling.

                With a hoarse voice, I asked her, “Why are you smiling?” She just stood there and her apathetic face gave off another of her perky smiles. “Mnmmm..I..I…really thought that you are just a simple student of this high school.”

                “What do you mean by that?” I said between the sniffing and sobbing. I looked at myself at the mirror then back to my best friend.

END OF POV

                “I just thought that you are a normal girl sometimes, ahaha.” Jinri winked. “Let’s go, classes are resuming already.” Jinri hauled her on the classroom and tried to perk up her mood.

                “Fine. I’m fine now. Oh, where’s Oppa?” Jinri looked alarmed. She took out a few notebooks from her bag and avoided Soojung’s piercing eye contacts. “Earth to Choi Jinri?” She tried to get close to her friend. “Wae?” She nagged more.

                “I..I don’t know.” She was stuttering. Her hands were sweaty and shaking. She looked at the door as Lee Taemin quietly entered. Just his presence could make him stand out, even if there are many handsome boys on his class.

                “Oh…Soojung-ah, missed me?” He partially teased Soojung. As he saw that Jinri was talking to her, he didn’t give himself another second on teasing Soojung and came back on his seat. “Tsk. Why am so irritated, aish.” Taemin gritted his teeth and threw the notebook on his desk.

                Everyone had suspicious thoughts. He looked at each and every one of them, and buried his face on the desk. “What a day.” Taemin didn’t want to cause any more of this discomfort and approached Jinri.

                “YAH! We’ll talk about my coat after dismissal.” Lee Taemin came back to his seat. Everyone got the idea that he was after all concerned and liked Jinri in some way. Yet he shouted out of embarrassment, “That girl, she..she..” As Sulli heard it, she tilted her head and was pouting unconsciously. “She confessed to me, kay? I don’t like her or anything AND I SERIOUSLY MEANT IT.” He shouted and his fan girls hearts’ that were about to drop were able to survive the final blow.

                “Is it true?” Soojung was shaking and at the verge of tears again. “Of..Of course not. I’d be explaining things to you, kay? It’s just I need to apologize to him. “ Soojung nodded and looked once more at the high strung Lee Taemin.

                “Aish..once more, I made another mistake.”Taemin scowled as he looked at the teacher entering. 

/a/n/

Hi~ This is my new fanfic and I had to have a HIATUS on my other fanfictions to center to this refreshing kind. I just hope that everyone could happily enjoy reading. That is all.