.fifty-five.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

She coming here doesn't mean anything bad

She coming here doesn't mean she could do something

Because she just wanted to regain something she lost

But, to find it already on someone's possessions.

 

It had been three years already since Minah was away in Korea. She was nestled abroad, cared for there and being cured for all of her experiences. She held into her heart, as she remembered bits of the hypnosis sessions as the doctors rushed onto her to forget some of her memories.

But, she tried to hold on to those. She feared that she wouldn’t have a home to come back to or people who would welcome her if she would forget. And, most of all, she didn’t want to forget about the existence of a Kim Jongin in her life.

He had been her companion. Her monotone world was bathed with colors when she met him. They were the first loves of each other .She thought that it would never change until that incident which killed her parents, making her unable to see their figures again.

Minah boarded the car as she didn’t even glance to look at Kai’s window on his dorm. He was as well occupied with thoughts that seemed to not help, even enhancing his insanity level. She smirked a little, noticing how things changed over the course of time.

Whenever possible, even abroad, she would look at the internet of the latest happenings in Korea.

But, the person she wanted to see was always him and him.

Mr. and Mrs. Choi got off to their residence. Minah followed them along. Her face, without mentioning it, changed. She had a mature look on her face. There weren’t any more traces of her childishness or baby-like ways. It all changed after those three years. She didn’t have any resemblance to Sulli whatsoever anymore.

 

Sulli got back from the beach, getting a little bit sunburned. She smiled back enjoying the recollection of her memories with Taemin. It was fun to have a boyfriend who would be there for you. It was pure happiness. She set her duffel bag near the side table, crouching down to sit down on the sofa. She wanted to take a nap since she was deadly tired of the heat. She massaged her temples as she heard some footsteps coming in.

Without further ado, she bounced up. She wanted to welcome her parents no matter what.

“OH, Sulli-ah..” The smile of her mother made Sulli’s day complete. There came some baggage her father dragged with him.

“Appa!” She jumped into his father’s arms.

“Jinri-yah, long time no see. I have gifts for you.” He pointed to the boxes of presents mixed in with the other baggage. Mr. Choi hushed and patted her head soothingly.

“Umma! Appa!” She chuckled softly. She didn’t notice that there was someone she hadn’t seen for years behind them. It was late for her to notice. “Who’s that…”Her eyes bulged out as she neared the said person.

Minah made a curt nod, making a happy face as she saw her cousin.

“Minah-yah!!!” Sulli tensed up, feeling the overwhelming tears. “It’s been like forever.” She hugged her cousin tightly.

“Sulli-yah…I really wanted to see you so badly. It’s been like just yesterday and now, I see you like a grown-up. Before, you were so small.”

“Yeah, I know I’m short before. But, now Minah, you look like a foreigner.” Sulli noticed the unusual glint of her eyes and those lips that curved up a smile just like a young miss. “I wanted you to meet Krystal. I think both of you would enjoy each other’s company.”

“Krystal?” In Minah’s mind, this name rang a bell. She was led into the dining table.

 

The Choi family, finally reuniting again, looked happy as they eyed the scrumptious dishes lined up on the table. Sulli felt home again as she looked at Minah who was absent-mindedly digging up beside her.

“Didn’t you miss this?” Sulli pouted. She offered Minah some side dishes.

“Truthfully speaking, I’ve been eating lots of hospital food over the past three years. I didn’t know what delicious food taste like.” She muttered.

Mr. and Mrs. Choi looked at each other and felt concern for Minah. She lost her parents and no one cared for her. Good thing, Mr. Choi had saved up money for her to get cured abroad. Well, he received a huge amount from Kai’s loving parents who knew the matter beforehand. They just didn’t like Minah getting close with Kai any longer. He would suffer even more, as they presumed.

Yeah, and what they assumed came true.

“Here, eat up.” Mrs. Choi gave Minah another serving of rice.

“Madame, I’d get fat.” She jested. The whole family laughed along with her. “I’m tired I’d be going to sleep.” She yawned and tried to put down the chopsticks.

“Then, better sleep in Geun Young’s room opposite of Sulli’s. There’s a name plate there so do not worry.” Mr. Choi trailed his eyes on Minah. He quietly observed her.

“Don’t worry…” Mrs. Choi assured him. “She suffered a mental blow but she’s a strong girl. Let’s eat for now.”

Minah then saw the name plate that was opposite of Sulli’s bed. She turned the knob open and saw how clean and properly-maintained the room was. Even though she didn’t know who was Han Geun Young, she just settled there.

She tried to close her eyes.

Minah woke up in the middle of the night. She found herself curled up like a ball in that bed room.

“Oh, this was Kai’s room.” Sulli looked unease on that realization.

“What is it?” She rubbed her eyes and rose from sleep.

“Oh, sorry to wake you up. The maid must’ve mistaken this.”

“Kai settled here?”

“Yeah, for a while since Geun Young-unnie left to abroad to cure her disease.” Sulli and Minah fell silent. Sulli was not used of Minah being around, sensing that there was something she was hiding from her cousin. Minah just never had a chance to open up with Sulli. She didn’t know where to begin her story and to how she would answer her if she would say how she pretended to be dead to Kai all these times.

“I’m glad…” Sulli couldn’t help to plaster a smile on her face. “You’re here already. Everything looked perfect in my point of view.”

“Sulli,I came here for a reason.” Minah started. Sulli shot her a look, alarmed by what she just said.

“What is it? You make heart feel uneasy.”

“I wanted to settle things with my parents’ murderers. That family, I wanted to get my revenge on them.”

Sulli felt the creeping dark and ominous aura on Minah. It was then that she realized that her heart was stoned with hatred and anguish. She sat beside her on the bedside, waiting for Minah to continue.

“That Lee family. “ She forced a smile. “I wanted to do something…” Her brown orbs flared up as Sulli observed her.

“Lee?” She hadn’t asked a thing about it from her parents. But, she was sure there was something behind that family that made Minah like this. It was the root cause of all of these complicated relationships.

“Do you know…about the Kim Chain of Companies? Or even, the Lee Enterprise?” Minah talked again, now with a dignified tone. “I wanted to settle things with them.”

“That is…” She remembered how she researched on Taemin’s background. And, there she found out. It was the root cause of how everything turned this way of how Taemin quit soccer, of how Kai suffered a tremendous trauma, of how Taemin’s family fall apart and how Minah happened to be this way.

It was just a person’s mistake yet it had caused a chain of events to take place.

It felt like a storm surging a war at the coast.

“No, no…Minah.” She clenched her hands on Minah’s shoulders. “You cannot do this. I’ll stop you.”

“Sulli, why are you like this?” She shoved her hands away forcibly. “I would just settle things with them. That would be my revenge. “

“No, Taemin shouldn’t…”

“Taemin?” Minah raised her eyebrows. “Is that your boyfriend?”

Sulli held onto her heart nervously. “It’s got nothing to do with this. He’s got nothing to do with this.”

“Who is he?!” Minah punched the pillow. Sulli gasped, exasperated from everything.

 

A lopsided smile came on Minah’s lips. “Then, introduce him to me.” She didn’t know anything. She mistook for Sulli being shy and timid.

“I’d be going..” Sulli stood up, feeling tensed up with their conversation.

“Ahh…Sulli-ah…” Minah murmured. Sulli heard, halting from turning the door knob.

“What is it?” Minah felt shivers. “Can I sleep next to you in your room? I’ve been missing everyone.”

“I understand.” Sulli turned back at her, regaining her smile. “I know…” She led Minah to her room.

Minah happily regained enthusiasm while she was in Sulli’s room. Sulli just comfortably observed her whilst lying down on her bed. Minah sat on her study table, humming a tune as she rummage through her belongings.

“It’s really fine this way, right?” Minah felt nostalgic. She looked up at the ceiling, as she closed her eyes for a moment.

“You better sleep…” Since it was summer that time, Sulli could be able to find time and introduce Minah to her friends. But, at most, she wanted to avoid Minah and Taemin to meet. She should avoid it at all costs. Now that, she got herself involved in this situation, she would do her very best to stop any bad things from happening.

Minah and Sulli slept next to each other. And, for now it was a good night and sweet dreams.

 

April fools. :)