thirty-five.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

U could refer to Chapter 1 and 5 to look at what they're remembering.

Readers, a sweet for everyone of you. Hehe.

Do you remember the first time we met?

Do you remember the time when I'm not the one with you?

I could treasure those memories for forever.

But, you kept on coming for more.

Taemin hollered Sulli inside a casual fast-food place. It looked convenient to be there and that is, what Taemin wanted just at this time. They sat across each other round a table.

“Now…what do you want to eat?” Taemin asked her casually.

“Auh….I thought we’re going to some fancy restaurant.” Sulli said truthfully as she eyed the menu posted on the walls. “I’d just take some iced tea and hamburger.”

“The atmosphere there spoils the mood.” Taemin fell in line. He waited for his turn to order while signaling Sulli at her seat. Sulli replied a silent smirk as she waited for him to finish his business.

He waited for about ten minutes and it was his turn already. The young woman on the counter looked at him, puzzled. Taemin handed his credit card which the woman tried to think if they do accept cards.

“But, sir, we don’t accept credit cards.” The lady gave the card back to him.

“But, how? I thought that many fast-food chains accept…” Taemin got baffled. He then gave her a 50000 won bill.

“Wait for your….” Before the lady could even give him the change, Taemin turned his back. He got their order and smiled sweetly on Sulli.

The lady ran to him and gave but his change. “This, Sir, your change 42000 won in total.”

“Hmn? I thought that you should keep the change.” He said as he sat down.

“No…just accept it.” Sulli panicked as she was the one who accepted the money.

She waved goodbye at the woman on the counter.

“Are you for real?!” She yelled at him.

“Why?” Taemin blinked. He could not possibly have done wrong.

“You…are you possibly richer than Krystal?” She locked her gaze on him.

“You didn’t know? Krystal always says to me that if I want to, I could crash their company overnight.” He whispered under his breathe while taking a big bite of the chicken.

“Auh…” Sulli was stoned. She could not possibly imagine that such a plain and raggedy individual could be far richer than Krystal.

“You thought it was strange? That’s why I transferred to a business-oriented High School, not only because of what Krystal and I shared at the beginning. If that was my first priority, I would not deliberately go on and say that we’re already over.”

“Pfft.” Sulli chukled. This made Taemin even more conscious of everything. “Here…your change. And to think that you don’t have any 1000 won bill in your wallet.”

“But, this was what my wallet always look like.”

“Hmn…” Sulli just observed him as she took a sipped on her iced tea. “I think it’s really strange when I thought at first that you don’t fit in.”

“Really? I’ve always thought that I looked normal.”

“Your atmosphere, that is.” Sulli began to reminisce the scowling and bickering Lee Taemin in front of her. “Time really did fly by so fast.”

“Well…I never thought I would be so comfortable next to you.” He thought. Sulli blushed instantly. “I remember how you vomited on my jacket at that time. I never thought that there could be a girl.”

Sulli pouted. She puffed her cheeks. “I don’t care about the past anymore. Looking back, I could see that Krystal really did change.”

“Because of you?” He flattered her. “Let’s go out now and make this day memorable. As well as, I wanted to say something to you at the end of the day.” He turned his back on her.

“Why would I wait for the day to e---“ Sulli noticed that Taemin’s back became broader. She felt that she wanted to lean on his shoulders. There seemed to be many changes that occurred to them just these past months.

 

 

They went to the amusement park again. Sulli remembered once when Heechul was still here and the four of them where busy entering and having fun. She saw the same bustling number of people with their families, friends and partners alongside them.

“The first time we came here was even before Kai transferred, right? It was when you and Krystal are still…” Shocking Sulli, Taemin dragged her along the roller coaster line.

Busy folks were clutching their hands as they were trying to make themselves feel comfortable when nearing the said ride.

Sulli was as well remembering the time when Heechul dragged her along his pace. He was really like a big brother to her. She felt comforted whenever she remembered him. She hoped that wherever Heechul and Han Geun Young is, they could still be happy no matter what the circumstances were.

“Let’s go.” Taemin scowled while pushing Sulli on a seat. “Ready to scream?”

The engine came to life which shocked the absent-minded Sulli. She tried to squeeze Taemin’s hands. She couldn’t afford to scream like last time, she felt like she was so not lady-like to do it for the second time. She regretted that she came back to this place. And, before she could even pray for the heaven above to give her power, the roller coaster went on to the narrow tracks.

“KYAAAAAHHHHHH!!!” Sulli cried at the top of her voice. She closed her eyes while they traveled up and down.

“Hey…hey…” Taemin whispered, laughing heartily. “Look ahead.”

“Hmn?” Sulli looked at Taemin who was having the time of her life right now. She smiled softly as she thought that he never had to be like this before. Flashes of images were sent back as they traveled along the roller coaster. The images of the cheeky Lee Taemin and his indifferent face before were coming back into life.

Sulli dredged up the memories when she so envied Krystal when the two of them were together.

“Ah…finished.” Taemin stretched out his hand for Sulli to get off the scary ride.

“Let’s buy cotton candy.” Sulli recommended and looked at the sweets stall far from the other booths. “Oh…wah. Cute head bands.” She squealed. Before Taemin could even buy her the cotton candy, she ran off far away towards the cute head bands. She picked up the bunny-ear designed head band and wore it for herself. She then picked out the cat-ear designed head band for Taemin.

“Why do you want me to weat this?” He sighed, trying to look at the cat ears. “They are soft.” He touched them. He blushed as he tried to wear the head band.

“Hmmm…this is great.” Sulli said while looking at the bunny ears already placed atop her head. “Let’s take a picture.”

Sulli flashed out her cellphone camera to frame the scene. “Ah… You got cut out of the picture.”

“Hey…but your arms are not long enough.” Sulli scowled.

He frowned. “As if, yours are longer.”

Sulli grimaced. “Fine, let’s just take this.”

They took multiple photos as they pledged to keep these memories alive from their memories.

It was already nearing six. The last stop they could actually enjoy of is the famous Ferris wheel. The merry-go-round would help them to recuperate after a long day of going here and there.

Sulli had a smile crept on her face. “So, what do you want to tell me?”

“I seemed to forget about it.” Taemin was tricking her.

“Aish.” She frowned and waited for Taemin to respond.

“Ah…” Taemin became really red all of a sudden.

Is it coming? Is he possibly--- Sulli’s trail of thoughts were cut off.

“I..I like you, Sulli-ah. Will you go out with me?”

“What?”

“When I was waiting for Kim Yaera just for a while, I’ve been thinking of confessing to you of how my feelings for you developed just these past few months.” Taemin couldn’t look at her. He was avoiding her but she couldn’t. He thought of how perfect the bunny ears looked at Sulli right now.

“Let me think about it.” Sulli was stoned and couldn’t think of anything else. She burst into crying. “I couldn’t believe this…”

“Hey, I’m trying to ask if I am a goner already. I should just---“

“Yes…I…I also like you, even before. The first time I saw was when Krystal visited your former school. I thought of how such a man could be my best friend’s boyfriend. I really like you even when the two of you had a relationship with each other. It pained to think about how I endured to keep my feelings hid—“

She was cut off by Taemin’s surprised hug. “Well…I couldn’t kiss you passionately…” He just pecked her lips casually. “Let’s just wait for the time when we’ll clear our problems and do many things just like other couples do.

“What are you talking about?”

Taemin began to attack her lips again. “I’m planning to get you meet my mom.”

“YOUR MOM?”

“Yeah…” Taemin looked at her bashfully. I just hoped that after all of this, I could finally date her openly.

 

Once again, MERRY MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

12.25.2012. If doomsday did happen, Christmas would not happen.

Let's thank God for such a wonderful sunny day. 

Kyah~ Please wait for more of Taelli and Kaistal.

My New Year's resolutions:

1. To make even more romance/comedy fanfics and to update the angsty ones.

2. To even become a more proper student... and to gradute with flying colors. Hehehehehehehehehe.