twenty-five.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Words I couldn't say to you

Those questions yearning for  answers

After a sunny day, there came a storm

Where is then the rainbow?

As Kai tried to pack all of his things, he also would feel a little bit nostalgic if he goes to the dorm by the end of the day. This had been his home for a couple of months. Though there were not so many fond times, he was still happy that he could meet Sulli in here.

Before transferring here in Seoul, he would always look at the internet to see who won the tennis girls competitions. He would jump out of joy still, as he remembered his face getting enlightened as he saw Jinri’s pictures having a grand victory.

He would then remember Choi Min Ah all of a sudden. It seemed to burden him so he just shrugged off his shoulders.

 

The doorbell rang as a visitor came. Krystal excitedly welcomed him and it was none other than Lee Taemin.

“Hey…where’s that bastard?” Not still having placed his shoes on the rack, he quickly raised a question.

“Oh…he’s packing.” Krystal pointed to the second floor.

“Okay…”

“Oppa…what’s that?”  Krystal noticed a couple of papers Taemin was clenching on his right hand.

“Ah!” He looked like he forgot it. “I’d be discussing with Sulli about the café.”

“Suit yourself, then.” Sulli came by as she used the shower and trying to ask Krystal to go in already.

“Oh…oppa, then you two talk here.” They went to the sofa. Krystal left then and went to the bathroom.

 

There was an awkward silence in there. Both of them didn’t know how to interact well socially.

“Why… did you come here?” Sulli held her hands tightly together. She fidgeted on her seat.

“Well..” Taemin was trying to look somewhere to hide his nervousness. “Here.” He passed the papers to Sulli.

“Ah…the decorations for the café. We hadn’t still making them.” Sulli leafed through the pages.

“What…do you think of it?” He said awkwardly, trying to yearn for her answer.

“It was good.” She smiled brightly.

“Really?” There were signs of joy on his face. He felt relieved and smiled.

“Hehe.” Sulli got excited. “This was the first time that I’d be doing this. Every time we had a cultural festival , I’d be helping my sunbaes in setting up the tennis courts.”

“It must’ve been hard.” Taemin tried to look at the surroundings. “I have never seen your house up this close. Wait, I remembered that Krystal was going to a soccer competition this coming Sunday?”

“Ah…yeah, she luckily joined in. Luhan-sunbaenim helped her. Well, it all goes to Sehun, if  you narrowed it down.” Sulli dropped the papers in the table.

“Why is Sehun involved?”

Sulli tried to hide it and just shrugged it off. Her still wet-hair seemed to not be easily combed.

“Hey, I’ll help you with it.” Taemin volunteered and brushed her hair.

“It feels good if someone brushes your hair for you.” She giggled, more and more admiring him.

“Oh…” He blushed as she said that. “It’s because I’m always doing it for Krystal.”

“Ah… you and Krystal, don’t you two miss being in a relationship?” Sulli wanted to ask this.

“No…the two of us could move on. “

“You got dumped.”

“No…I mean, yeah.” Taemin tried to stay in composed. “Remember that time when I got totally drank? Did that two of us really…”

“The kiss.” She said it so bluntly.

How could this little girl say it so bluntly? It was as if it was nothing. Taemin thought of it.

“Well…just a few centimeters away, but you lost consciousness.”

 

Flashbacks (Whole story: Chapter 13)

“Hey!”Kai grabbed his collar and cornered him against the wall. “Don’t play dumb!” Kai then looked at Sulli who got red all of a sudden.”Sulli-ah…”

“No…no…it’s no big deal.” Sulli waved at Kai. “Let’s get out of here.”

As she turned her back at him, Taemin felt her palpitating body. She was nervous. “How could she be like that?” Then, his mind was slowly filled with images.

“What did I do to make her feel that way?” He recollected his memories patiently and slowly, an image had made a huge impact.

It was on a night club. Taemin danced like never before for the first time. He was drunk after having some shots of wine. He was not a drinker so he could really fill the drunkenness. Out of the blue, he pulled someone as he ruffled her hair so passionately. He tried to… to… “Geun Young-noona…”

CHU~ It all happened like just a second again, then that transpired, that his mind went on fire as he tried to punch the wall.

 

I’m an idiot.” He quickly finished combing her hair. He gave the comb as he awkwardly tried to stay far.

“Hehe.” She innocently smiled. “Uhmmm… I have something to ask to you….”

“What is it?”

“Do…do not take it as a confession.” Sulli looked at him intently.

“Hey, you’re making me scared.”

“Have…have you---“

 

“Hey!” Kai barged into the living room. “What are you two doing here?”

“Oh! Kai, you’re finished packing.” Sulli looked bewildered and nervous at the same time.

“Yeah…hey, where’s Krystal?” He titled his head. “Hey, why are you hiding there?”

“Aish.” She rolled her eyes. “Don’t be such a spoiler. They’re going to a good part already.”

“Stop with all of that. Let’s go to the dorms.”

 

Kai got associated quite fast in the insides of the dorm. It felt like he would be having a good time there as he smiled on the with him.  He got also hyped up as he was close to a soccer lawn.

“It would be nice to practice here…” Kai looked at the surroundings. “Hey, wait up. Krystal are you practicing earnestly? This coming Sunday.”

“Yes, I do.” She tried to panic all of a sudden. “I…I’ve promised you to.”

“Well, good then.” He gave off one of his charismatic smiles as he patted her head.

“Pssh.” Krystal tried to point to the soccer lawn. “Up for a match?”

“Bring it on.” Kai had his fiery eyes.

 

The four of them went to the soccer lawn. Kai is getting excited unexpectedly as Krystal tried to steal the ball on him. Unluckily though, Krystal was just letting him to take the lead.

“Hey…I’ve got something to ask.” Krystal said as she chased for the ball.

“Then…say it.” Kai uttered as he stopped on kicking the ball. He got the ball from the ground and waited for Krystal’s question.

The other two were just spacing out, so they didn’t know what happened next to both of them.

“Why…did you want me to participate in the soccer match?” Krystal looked rather nervous than excited.

“It’s because it was Min Ah’s dreams. She wanted to be a soccer player of this school. She always wanted to. But, because of such things that happened, she vanished to thin air.”

There was sadness pricking Krystal’s heart. Yes, she didn’t reject his proposal. Yes, she is the one who volunteered about the fake relationship. But, it was also a ‘yes’ that she truly cared for him but up to all this times, she wanted him to reply that, ‘I’m only playing with you.’ ‘Why do you care, I’m already at my wit’s end when I told you about it’. Those were the kind of replies she was anticipating.

Krystal couldn’t look at him. “Just one more question…” She bravely looked at his eyes.

“Why did you want to become a soccer player?” Krystal wanted to stay far away from him at that moment. She didn’t want him to state the obvious.

“For Min Ah and I to play together…” Kai shyly muttered. He couldn’t help but remember the times with her. In his heart, there must’ve been still lingering feelings for her. He looked happy remembering it now that he knew she’s still alive. “So…that I could stay closer to h---“

“I’m not doing it!” Krystal shrieked. Taemin noticed those watery tears on her eyes. He ran into her and threw a towel on her face.

“She looked tired.” Taemin excused both of them.

Sulli and Kai looked dumbfounded as they looked at each other. They didn’t know what to do as they let out sighs waiting for Taemin and Krystal to come.

 

“It isn’t time for you to behave like that. What happened?” Taemin was leaning on the rails, at the front of the dorm.

“So…all along, I’ve been getting worked up just for that Choi Min Ah…”

“So, you already knew, huh? Heechul-hyung said to me that Min Ah really did attempted suicide but was saved by Sulli’s father.”

“Really?” She put her head down. “I don’t care.” She sobbed loudly without even caring if anyone was looking.

“Stop being a .” Taemin tried to pat her head and make her hair messy.

“Then..what happened to her now?”

“I don’t know.”

“I hope that she just di—“

“Krystal, stop with that!” Kai rushed in as both of them were having a conversation. “Why are you so angry? Is it because of the fake relationship?”

“Why? Can’t I deserve your---“

“My what? You’re being ridiculous. Why do you hate her? You should be happy for me. She lived…” Kai was raising his voice unexpectedly.

“I’m being ridiculous.”

“Yes, you are. You even proposed to be my girl—“

“Didn’t it help?” These two looked helpless.

“Yah! Both of you stop it.” Sulli tried to shove away Krystal from Kai. She did go but Krystal said something.

“Then, let’s call it off. I won’t go to the soccer competition you wanted me to go.”

“Fine…” Kai looked so worked up. “I’m not even expecting anything from you.”

“Really?”

Krystal never had this kind of feeling.

It was a waste.

It was nothing.

For what did she became like this?

 She hopelessly walked, her way was even wavering. She tried to contain her feelings and control herself but it was for nothing. She already heard him saying those things to her.

Why did I even love a man at this extent. Yeah, maybe Taemin-oppa wasn’t my first love… but, he is. She thought to herself, while crying at the car. Sulli just hugged her, she also didn’t know the story to why she was crying aloud. She just comforted her and trusted her. As a friend would do.

Taemin was left with Kai in the dorms. Taemin was not speaking anything.

“Pheew.” Taemin already talked. “You don’t need to act like that.”

“I know… but, it felt like I wanted her to understand.”

“I thought…that you’re already falling in love with her.”

“I don’t know...ever since I knew of the news, I could only despise myself. I know that I could hurt her.”

Annyeong guys, I know that this is somewhat long.

Arrghh...So here, a big chapter for all of you.

Though there seemed like there is still not much happening between Taelli,

just look forward to them for the next chapters.

Kaistal will still be the highlight. I hope you all could understand.

'My writing style' seemed to be pretty messed up at the present.

Sorry.