six.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

You are the only friend I have

He is the only person I had loved this deep

Why are you closer to her than to me?

In a small corner of the amusement park, two persons are having chitchat of a few things running wildly on their minds. A small figure of a girl with a long black hair, ponytailed up was sipping a cup of cold soda. She is smiling happily with her oppa, a very close one to her heart. She sings as she waves her hand back and forth, as if on a field trip. Her oppa just looks around, careful of people misunderstanding their relationship.

“Krystal-ah, isn’t it getting dark? Let’s go meet Taemin and Sulli.” Kim Heechul who was getting impatient at the time tried to make them rendezvous with the others already. He is a busy man and for sure, time is so precious for him.

 

Meanwhile, Krystal never learns. She stops for a moment then continues on as if she heard nothing.

 

Kim Heechul grabbed her hand and pushed her to a bench. “What’s up with you?” Too close to her face, Krystal could only shake. It was a reflex action and Heechul didn’t bother about it and just continued to interrogate her.

“Now, Krystal, what’s up with you? Why are you having such doubtful expressions on your face as you gaze upon my little brother?” Heechul put his hands on Krystal’s shoulders. Krystal felt the burden of a brother who cherishes his precious dongsaeng from the bottom of his heart.

“Oppa..let go.. I know it already.” Krystal looked with already watery eyes. Heechul didn’t budge and continued on. “Oppa… I…just let me have space for now.” She looked frantic and nervous whilst Heechul already releasing her and sitting down next to Krystal.

“What do you really believed at, huh? Do you think he would go out with you because he is just going through a hard stage of his youth?” Heechul held both of his hands together and sank at the bench. His eyes were hidden by the long bangs of his mushroom-colored hair. He didn’t talk for a while and before he knew it, grief was already drawn on his face.

“Oppa…are you guilty of what happened between the two of you?” Krystal his shoulder. It was now time for her to cheer her favorite oppa.

“More than being guilty… I have regretted what happened on that day…” Heechul was holding back his tears. Suddenly, Sulli ran to his side and beside him, she sat and was confused about everything.

“Hee..Heechul-su..sunbaenim… Ar..Are you alright?” Sulli his mushroom-like hair and Heechul got shocked about it that he caught her arm and detained it tightly. “Why?”Sulli could only see the way Heechul’s eyes seize hers into a menacingly manner. She stared at them and slowly, she said, “I’m so..sorry… I…I thought I could help.”

Looking like an angel, Heechul could only her hair and pull a smile beaming on his handsome face.

“Okay..you’re forgiven. Haha. I was just kidding.”  This girl she’s really something. She had her vibes and also the atmosphere. The way she touches my hair is very identical to hers. Taemin, how could you find such a girl in this short period of time after ‘that’? Or, is it that you cannot see it until now?

“O..Oppa…” Sulli was punching him already.

“Oh..Sulli, by the way, where’s Taemin?”

“There, Krystal and Taemin-sshi are chatting already. Let’s go also.”

Sulli dragged the absentminded Kim Heechul down the street and way to the car park where unexpectedly, someone is waiting for all of them. Most of all, to Krystal.

On the rearview of the car, the door was open and someone was waiting. She has a long brown hair, waving off her curls back as she side glances. She is wearing a fur coat looking like a superstar with her black stilettos with matching black sunglasses. Her skin is so pale and her own way of looking could make everyone froze to ice shards.

Krystal got ossified the first time she was nearing the car. Her hands were shaky and her feet caught the cold from the ground she’s stepping on. She got anguish ran down her face and all she could here was ‘She’s back’. She didn’t know what to do and held on to Taemin’s freezing hand as well. But, the boy caught on and held hers. Krystal’s eyes were wide open as she hears the woman calling on to her name, “Soojung…” Her way of saying her name was very remarkable to her ears.

She slightly steps down the open doors of the car and hugged her little sister. Taemin backs off and lands near the also shocked Sulli.

Krystal looks around looking for something to cling on. She’s too desperate for the only woman she hates is hugging her whole cold body made of eyes due to the woman’s icy stares. Even if the hug is a passionate one, it couldn’t get through to her thick skin. She couldn’t feel the same blood flowing through both of them as she directly look at her beautiful eyes.

“Un..Unnie…” She finally releases the forbidden word. Flashbacks of her memories soon break off and revealed to everyone. It is as if time freezes and gets back to the moment where Krystal herself adores her only loving sister, Jung Sooyeon now Jessica as she unravels everything from that moment.

 

Flashbacks

A young girl holding a Barbie doll opens a door near her own room. Her small footsteps and the sound of the door opening alarmed the person sleeping inside. The girl recognizes the little girl few years younger than her as she moves the curtains of the window to welcome a nice and refreshing day.

“What is it my cute ‘lil and cuddly sister?” Jessica wrapped her sister on her arms. “Oh…wanna play dolls? Haha.” Jessica grabbed hold of her doll and played it by herself.

Krystal sat down near a tea party-like arrangement on a corner of the room. She played with the pots and kettles making them fall on the floor and arranging them again.

Jessica now throws the doll on her. Krystal was hit badly by the head as Jessica hauls her to the door to see their parents. “Come…Soojung-ah?” Her cutesy and fluffy voice just lured Krystal without even questioning. There stood the figure of a couple with suitcases, probably went home after going on various business trips.

“Oh…our pretty little Sooyeon.” Their father bent down and opened his arms for Jessica to hug her. “Miss me, dear?” Like a doll, their old man lifted her up and swung her back and forth. “Oh…you’ve grown really well.”

“Hehe. Appa. Chu~” Jessica kissed her father on his cheeks that made the old man get teary-eyed.

Krystal was just in there hiding from a pillar and watching her family go on. Her innocent eyes had those piteous look telling her that she never belong to that instant. Her mother noticed her and called out her name, “Krystal dear.” She ran as fast as she could not until Jessica clang also to her mother.

“Umma…” She held her mother’s hand and her mom felt love. She shook her head and hesitatingly implanted a kiss on Jessica’s forehead.

Krystal noticing that, she slowed her run and continued to walk still diffident. She clasps her doll and continued to hold on to her mother’s skirt.

“Oh…dear…” Her mother shook her hair.

“Mama?” She wrapped her arms around her. “Mama…”

“Our family is complete again.” The father joked around.

That day should be a day to be remembered. But,

“Krystal, we’re throwing a birthday party for you three days from now. Haha.” The old man announced it as he joked around the maknae.

“OH…” There was happiness flowing to the air as Jessica watched her little sister.

Her mother caught Jessica glancing as she assumed, “Don’t get jealous, huh? I have a new toy for you… ta-dah! New dresses for you, sweetie.”

“Mama!” She jumped into her mother’s arms. As she checked on the cute and fancy little clothes fitted only to her.

“We’ve bought it from who-knows-where-to places. Haha. Happy?”

“Mnmm..” Jessica ran around and boasted all of it to the watching maids with also grinning face.

Krystal’s POV

Back to the present time where she meets her sister

I don’t like her. My birthday party got ruined and everything else after it got corrupted. Like a virus, she shattered all of my dreams and I could only feel the emptiness right through me, eating me away.

I just loved to… see her disappear.

 

/a/n/

Very short update for everyone. Happy Saturday! :)