.sixty-one.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Sehun's POV
Krystal. Krystal. Krystal.

As I got admitted to 'C' University, the only thing that bothered my mind was how to get back with her.
It was pretty desperate of me and my parents were really devastated. My hyung tried to flatter me with some words like there is still life ahead of you and never surrender. As I stepped both my feet at the entrance of the gate, I've seem some familiar faces. There he was, my childish hyung, Tao and Suho. They were already here since they were both a year older than me. It was pretty nostalgic to be with them.
I always thought that maybe I could really start a new life here.
I don't know to Krystal and Sulli who both attended 'K' University together, but right now, I'm just practically chilling out. I wanted to memorize this place quickly since it would only be a month and I'd be attending classes here. Well, my hyung, Luhan wasn't really a help since he was also busy balancing his own studies and romance.
Yeah. Yeah. He had a girl. And, they've been going out for a while. But, I was really jealous. How could he abandon me like that? 


Oh, that hurt. Was I hit at the back?
“Omo! You've hit him....” I wasn't able to see the coming basketball on me. Was I really this of an airhead?
Then I saw these two girls came rushing at me. Why was I at the ground? Oh, my back totally hurts.
“I'm really sorry for my friend....My name's Luna. ”She looked at the girl next to her. “Gyu Won apologize to him...”
“I don't wanna...” She was pretty stubborn, I guess. “He's not looking...”
Hey.Hey. I deserved a sorry I think. I got up to my feet and dusted myself. “Was that a monstrous ball coming to kill me?”
“Oh sorry, Gyu Won's a basketball player and she just broken up with their guy manager. She's been upset.” Luna's being kind and cutesy, so I'll let this slide.
NOBODY'S POV
“Oh...but that's not a reason to kill someone with a ball.” Sehun turned his back on both Luna and Gyu Won.
“You're such a sissy.” Gyu Won suddenly spoke. This startled Sehun. He felt the white-hot anger on his face, welling up on him. He wanted to turn around and glare at the girl but he couldn't. He didn't really have anything to do with these two. It wasn't as if he would be meeting them again.
“Do anything you want...” He whispered quietly. He waved at them. 

Luna suddenly felt rigid on the spot. Oh, she must've been hit by Cupid's arrows. She looked excitedly at Gyu Won.
“Pfft. What do you see about him?” Gyu Won tried to dribble her ball. “I really hate those kind of guys.” Gyu Won felt apologetic but she just tried to brush it off. She was really pissed off and she vented her anger on a stranger. Well, he was a beautiful stranger. She suppressed the thought at the back of her mind. She hoped they wouldn't be able to meet  again.
“Oh...let's go see the gymnasium, Gyu Won.” Luna pulled her wrist and got dragged on her best friend's pace.

Sulli's POV
I felt that this day would come but  I still didn't want it to come. I had troubles sleeping and facing this day. But, yeah. This was just a trial for the both of us to overcome. Both Taemin and I would face this together. I wanted to spend more time with him so badly but he chose this path. I wasn't that dumb to tie him up with me here in Korea. I just never thought he'd get to 'CA' University. He was really smart. I liked it about him. But, maybe, it backfired. I just hoped I could get used to him not being around.
I stood with him in the airport, sending him off with best wishes. I froze on the spot and didn't want to look at his figure leaving.
“Sulli-yah...” His soft and calm voice reverberated to my ear. I wanted to look down but instead, I wanted to see his face for the last time. “It wouldn't be for too long. I'd  come back eventually. I would call  you every time I could so...please...” He held my hands. His skin touching mine was so warm. I didn't know his hands grew so big and strong after these three years.
“I wish you the best...” I suppressed a soft sob. I couldn't let him see me cry. “Why was I the only one who sends you off...”
“I'd feel comfortable about it. I've talked with Heechul-hyung and I'd be staying with him.” Taemin brushed my right cheek. He pulled me closer and kissed me.
It was so sudden yet so sweet. I would really miss this guy. Before knowing, I hugged him so tightly. He gasped.
“I...love you.” I hoped he didn't notice my reddish face.
He just nodded. “I love you so much.” He hugged me at the last moment as time could stop at this instant. Maybe, it would only be for a while. But, I couldn't really imagine my days without him. “I'd better be going...”
I first let go of his hands that were gripping mine so tightly.
Lee Taemin. Yah, Lee Taemin. Warm tears trickled my face. All those times that I was with him suddenly flashed back. It was all too sudden and I couldn't help but cupped my face with both my hands. I wanted to be with him so badly. 
Then, suddenly, he came rushing to me. He held me tight and my legs was not all ready on the ground.
“You'd better promise not to find another man...okay?” I don't know but was Taemin crying as well? I could see his stinging and reddish eyes looking at me. 
“This is awkward.” I got back on my feet.

So this was such a bittersweet farewell.

NOBODY'S POV
As everyone went on with their lives, friendships were made along the way. Partings were hard but as our character's moved forward. Everything would eventually fall back into place.

Meanwhile, Taemin was able to catch a glance of someone familiar to him. He hadn't really changed at all. Taemin smirked a little bit and head on to the plane. “This is going to be interesting...”

Kai tried to call back home, clenching his phone loosely on his hand. Sulli's phone suddenly rang.
“Who's number is this??” Sulli looked at the phone number scrutinizing it. “Hey..hey...it couldn't be...”
Sulli pushed the answer button. She fidgeted uncomfortably. After her parting with Taemin, she would be able to reunite with an old friend.
“It took you so long to pick it up. Can I still stay in your place??” 
“Kai....Jongin-ah...” Sulli couldn't suppress a smile. She had long forgotten this voice. She hadn't heard news about him. His voice was deeper and manlier than before. He really missed this guy.
“Oh...Jinri??” Kai looked baffled. Nobody answered on the next line.
“Mnm...” Sulli suddenly founded herself heaving a sigh of relief. “You can...anytime.” Jinri was so surprised but she should go on and tell this to Krystal. But, she found the thought to be depressing. Krystal was down after she broke up with Sehun on their graduation ceremony. Right now, talking about Kai would just make it unfair for Sehun.
Now, she just enjoyed this moment of talking with her friend. It was so long and it looked Kai didn't want to mention Krystal as well. Maybe, they weren't ready to meet each other again. Time was such a peculiar thing. Would two years really totally erase a person's feelings? What about for four to six years? Sulli cringed in thinking that she and Taemin wouldn't be able to maintain their relationship.


Sulli found herself picking up Kai at the same airport. What type of coincidence is this?
Kai hadn't really changed though he was taller and more handsome than before. He held a sense of dignity yet a humble nature.
“Yah!” Jinri hugged Kai tightly. Kai just laughed out loud thinking of how these years had gone by with his misery of home and her.
“Hey....how's you and Taemin-hyung?” Kai was really curious. But, suddenly it felt all tensed.
“Ooohhh....” Sulli's eyes got all teary-eyed. “Oh...I just sent him off...”
“Oh..sorry sorry.” Kai tried to comfort her. “I'm really sorry...I just saw him, you know. I wanted to wave at him but he didn't seem to notice me.
“Then, do you want to see Krystal?” Sulli retorted.
Kai's face turned pale. He wasn't really prepared about taking this talk about Krystal. “Jinri....I don't really care about her at all.” He shrugged the topic naturally.
It was too naturally that it felt so artificially. Sulli just bit back a smile. “I guess it doesn't bother you anymore, huh? Then...Krystal and Sehun breaking up was just for nothing...”
“What?” Kai suddenly gripped Sulli's wrist. “Why did Sehun break up with her? I...I made sure that Sehun would watch over her...”
“So...that's it.” Sulli loosely shoved his hand away. “You tried to set the two up. But, Kai...Krystal still...”
“Sulli, it has been two years. She could have just moved on...” Kai felt hurt but he needed to push this. He was already on his limits as well.
Both of them awkwardly stood together. They were very sad and wasn't able to look at each other's eyes all the way home.