.fifty-three.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Infinite- Inconvenient Truth

It's way too short, what's up with that skirt?

Why did you have to wear that on such a windy day?

People are stealing glances at you, what's wrong with you, it's embarassing

I like it if it's only in front of me

 

Sulli bounced on her seat as she stared at the computer screen. She checked the net so many times of what to have on summer vacations or when people do go to the beach. She froze in thought of how much she wanted that day to be so perfect.

She hoped that Taemin could be happy with all she was preparing. She wouldn’t want her boyfriend to get tired of her, would she? So, she rose from her seat and started to pack some basic necessities for the day. She had a quick phone call with Krystal.

“Hello?” Krystal’s voice felt frantic to her. She was also at the same boat with Sulli. Sulli didn’t have to think twice to what was up with her best friend.

“Oh, having troubles?”

“No, no…I was cooking for lunch.” Sulli heard the oil heating up in the frying pan. She also heard the kitchen timer on the other side. Krystal abruptly turned off the stove as she clenched the phone on her hand.

“Good riddance, I wanted to eat what you’d cook. You’re pretty much good at cooking.” Sulli laughed aloud. This made Krystal blush as to what people would say on her omurice and other bite-size sweets she baked.

“I just hope all of you would like this. I made this for Sehun so he couldn’t be that indifferent to me.” Krystal sighed on the other end. Sulli knew that something was wrong to Sehun. She nodded in agreement to Krystal.

“Better luck to you, then.” Sulli faked a smile.

“You’re so lucky that Taem-oppa is very, very, loyal to you.”

Sulli raised a brow.

“Well…there are many people wearing y bikinis. Oppa’s eyes would feast on them.” Krystal taunted her.

Sulli pinked, thinking of how depressing that situation could be. “No..no, he’s not that kind of person.” She defended him, as if her life was on the line.

“Arasseo.” Krystal knew of how much determined Sulli was. She cut it off already. “I’d be preparing still many things. I’d be hanging up.”

“Yeah.” Sulli ended the call.

 

Taemin waited in front of the resort. He took his time observing the scenery. He wore his tainted sunglasses just for style. But the truth was, he didn’t like the constant stairs of the girls when they laid their eyes on him. It was as if he was going to be devoured all these times. He felt the creepiness running down his spine. He wanted Sulli to arrive so badly.

Well, like it was just a normal day, he was just wearing a plain white tee with swimming trunks. He had his duffel bag with him, having some spare shirts for the day. He saw Kai approaching with a map on his hand.

Taemin waved at him enthusiastically, “Yah!” Taemin called out to him.

Kai noticed, blinking. “Oh, hyung…” He shoved the map on his bag. He had his hoodie on, so one would notice that it was him. But, Taemin had his eagle’s eyes and thanks to that, he was not alone. He would suffer with him with all those stares laid upon them.

 Sehun approached them reluctantly, going there after. He paused for a while as he greeted both of them. He sat at the bench beside Taemin, distancing himself from Kai.

Taemin didn’t notice and just wanted to have fun this day.

And thank the heavens already, Sulli and Krystal approached them. Krystal was holding some heavy-sized bag. Sehun approached her, wanting her to give the bag to him.

Krystal shook his head. “No, I can manage.” She waved her hands on his face.

“I could pretty much do this.” He let himself grip the sling of the bag. Krystal just gave it to him, her face falling.

Sulli sighed as she looked at them. She herself was holding a beach volleyball ball and a big umbrella to shade them with the heat. She dragged around a somewhat picnic blanket.

“I’d be holding on those.” Taemin smirked on her direction. Sulli nodded, trailing her eyes on her boyfriend.

“Let’s go now.” Kai led them inside.

“Wow…you sure knew the place.” Sulli commented, oblivious of the fact that Kai was holding a map of the very vast resort area.

“Well…” He ruffled through his hair. “I’ve been researching….” He blushed.

“Is it the first time that you went on a summer trip with your classmates?” Krystal jested.

Kai nodded.

“What?!” Krystal was shocked. She chuckled, supporting her tummy.

“Is that something bad?” Taemin felt concerned. “Krystal, just knock it off.”

“No, you’ve been misunderstanding. I’ve never really gone to hot places since my mother hates the heat. We often go to cold places every damn summer of my life.” Kai murmured.

“I see…” Krystal sighed.

Sehun tugged his arm on hers. This surprised her pretty much, “Let’s just play for now.” Sehun muttered.

Krystal nodded, unknowingly. “Neh…” She followed his lead.

 

Krystal and Sulli changed on their summer attire. Sulli wrapped herself around her cardigan, feeling embarrassed of what she was wearing.

Everyone, especially Kai and Sehun looked stunned to Krystal’s swim suit. She was really, really cute with that fuchsia pink swim suit. She matched it up with tainted sunglasses with a white frame.

“You look perfect… “Kai commented. Krystal blushed as she walked past through Kai.

She rested on the big umbrella to shade herself. She put on some sunscreen cream.

“He’s right… “Sehun stared at her.

Krystal looked attentively to Sehun. She was being guilty because she was not being sincere with him as always. These past few weeks she was troubled with Kai. She really did want to maintain their relationship with each other. It would hurt her if it would hurt Sehun as well.

“By the way…” Krystal hesitated. “I’m sorry… I’ve been bad to you. I don’t deserv---“ Sehun put his pointing finger on her lips.

Sehun nervously his bottom lip. “I love you, Krystal.” He pecked her left cheek.

Krystal backed off. Kai looked at them distractingly as if he just witnessed something so heart-aching.

Sulli was having troubles with Taemin looking at her intently. Taemin looked pretty happy, just seeing her at that. At least, the boys wouldn’t be staring at his girlfriend.

“I looked pretty weird… “Sulli said truthfully.

“You look good at anything… “Taemin muttered under his breath. “I would always love you.”

“Let’s play at the beach.” Sulli still wore her cardigan and buttoned them, not minding of the heat.

Both of them ran straight to the ocean, splashing water at each other. They were like kids lost in the sea, thinking nothing but how great it was to spend time in the summer heat.

The other three joined along, thinking of how interesting the Taelli couple was doing. Taemin ran fast and tried to find a place where they could do some beach volleyball.

He was happy to find and made a court for the five of them to occupy. Since they were odd in number, Kai tried to step out of it. But, Krystal insisted that he should have fun. They were really happy that Sehun’s hyung, Luhan sprung out of nowhere and tried to join with them.

One of Luhan’s friends became the coach.

 Sulli felt really, really hot with the cardigan still buttoned. She called for a time out and took it off. Everyone was pretty stunned at her exposing so much of her skin. She’s even more adorable than Krystal. Taemin tried to shot glances on the boys laying their eyes on his girl.

He wouldn’t want to spoil this day but he sure would want to keep their eyes shut.

“I’m fine now..” Sulli bit her lip.

“No, let’s just go for a snack.” Krystal grumbled. Her stomach was aching since she didn’t have anything to eat this morning.

“Fine, then.” Luhan joined his company, winking at Sehun. Sehun nodded, knowingly.

They ate Krystal’s buffet-like lunchboxes as if there was scarcity on the land. She giggled happily as she served them. Meanwhile, Sulli darted off to the shore, writing something on the sand. She felt like it happened before and she wrote with her determined hand, ‘CHOI SULLI FINALLY FOUND HER LOVE’.

“Pretty childish…”

Sulli gasped from behind and saw Taemin looking at her. He kicked the sand, erasing a portion of what Sulli wrote.

“Yah!” Sulli pouted.

“Let’s just go…” Sulli noticed of how much Taemin reddened because of what she wrote. “…it’s pretty embarrassing.”

Sulli ran off to him and hugged him from behind. “Thank you, Taemin-…oppa.”

“What are you saying?” Taemin hid his face. Sulli buried her face on his back.

“Let’s join the others.” Sulli let herself loose but Taemin held onto her and hugged her from the front. It was so tight that it felt so warm and cozy.

“Thank you for coming into my life. “Taemin loved this person so much that he didn’t want to let her go. She was just such a fragile thing that he wouldn’t want to give up.

And, Sulli felt that, too. She felt that she was having her time on her life. It was the best time and it was that time that she realized that she was always falling in love over and over again with this person.

They heard the sea gulls as they flocked over the summer sky. It was already twilight. Krystal looked at the dusky sky and felt a bit chilly. Sehun was sleeping, taking his time as he wanted to recover his energy. Kai let her wear his jacket. Krystal thanked her, feeling herself flustered from that.

 

Please look forward to more. :)