Krystal and Kai.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Krystal didn't know what to feel right now. She was confused more than anyone else. She somewhat wished she had never left Sehun's side. But, she also knew that she needed to. She wanted to settle her heart once and for all. She needed to understand her heart and who was truly on it. Though she accepted the fact that she was choosing Sehun over Kai and Kai was just a person to forget, she wished that she could have a proper talk with him in the end.

 

It was Kai after all. She wanted to have answers.

 

Meanwhile, Kai sat idly in a row of seats, waiting for his flight schedule. He came early yet the flight was delayed. He didn't know why but he felt like he was leaving something totally important. Probably, this was because of Krystal. He was not able to properly bid goodbye to her or even said his real feelings towards the girl. Somehow, he knew that in the first place, he wasn't going to give her the love she truly deserved. And, he left her with Sehun already. There were no more questions about it.

 

He had settled his heart perfectly.

 

It would be fine if it's Sehun. He is a better person than me. He mumbled to himself. He knew perfectly well that everything was over once he went to States and slowly, forget everything that had transpired.

 

But, why was he looking intently at his cellphone? He wanted it to buzz continuously as a sign of a call. Oh, he badly wanted it.

 

Don't dream about it. You don't deserve her. She deserves someone who would cherish her, someone who would prioritize her over anyone else. Kai convinced himself. Kim Jong In, it was over. You're finished. Your love finished, too.

 

Minah was tying her shoe laces next to Kai. She also didn't want to settle with the matter of things right now. She was obviously excited, feeling the thrill as she was going to be with him once and for all. All those times that she wanted him to be by her side, those times were going to continue. Her paused time was going to start ticking again. She didn't want to wait anymore.

 

But, as Minah looked at Kai. She felt that Kai was in another place, in another dimension with someone else. Maybe, he didn't want to leave. Minah held Kai's hand yet Kai gasped in response.

 

“Don't shock me like that.” Kai heaved a sigh.

“I'm sorry.” Minah returned a smile. “I'm just happy that we could start anew.”

“Starting anew is tough, you know?” Kai looked upon the distant stream of people coming in the airport. “We're just running away.”

“Running away is fine, if it's you.” Minah uttered.

“Thank you, Minah.” Kai squeezed back Minah's hand. “If it isn't for you, I would have chose to stay.”

“Did I make you leave?”

“Somewhat.” Kai looked intently at Minah. “You gave me a resolve to run away from her. I'm sorry for dragging you into this. My life was a total mess in the order of things. I'm also depressed and stressed out in my life in here. Thank you as well for keeping me company.”

 

Minah's smile turned dull. Her mood changed quickly as she didn't hide her gloomy appearance.

“Is that a bad thing?” Minah said reluctantly.

“Yes, but you provided me with another choice. And, I choose running away with you than staying here getting haunted by her.” Kai locked her eyes at her.

“Kai, thank you...” Minah gave Kai a surprised hug. He was startled for a moment but he hugged her back.

“If it's you....maybe, I could forget about her, too.” Kai mumbled to himself. But, Kim Jong In, it wouldn't be easy. You have fallen so deeply in love with her. It is hard to leave, you know.

 

To Kai, it was hard to sit idly. He somewhat wished she would show up, looking haggard yet pretty, amused but determined, and sad yet happy. That mixture of emotions was hardly seen on her face, that Jung Krystal.

 

The first time Kai met her was the time when she was always nagging Jinri about many things. She had a great presence yet Kai didn't want to mix in with her. She also seemed to remind her of the old Minah. She was tough yet calm, gentle yet lively. She was like a perfect maiden to him. But, he didn't need to have another love. All those persons he cared for seemed to left his side pretty quickly.

 

His noonas. Minah. His parents. Nobody was able to stay. He was always alone. But, after the appearance of Jung Krystal, he never was. He thought he just wanted a friend out of her, but it deepened. He felt crushed to admit it but he regretted choosing Minah over her sometimes. He somehow wished for that friend to come back to his side, keep him company and care for him more than how he cared for her. He needed her warmth to creep on his cold personality again.

 

If only Krystal would turn up, I wanted to confess my feelings to her once and for all.

 

And then, someone who looked just like her came sprinting. She materialized out of nowhere as she came face to face with Kai.

 

Oh no, my eyes are playing tricks on me.

 

“Yah! Kim Jong In, we need to talk.” Krystal could hardly breathe. She was huffing and puffing from hurrying a few moments ago. Kai locked his gaze upon her. He always admired Krystal's pride and strong demeanor colored in her eyes. She looks gorgeous, even more than the first we've met.

 

“What is it?” Krystal held his hand and ran away.

 

“Woah, wait.” Kai just followed suit. He wanted to ask questions yet no word was coming out of his mouth. He was still in shock. A few minutes back, he was wishing her to be with him. Now, that she was he wasn't thinking straight. He didn't know what to do.

 

Krystal stopped her tracks. She tried to face him. “Yah! Listen to me....you....you have to...”

“Krystal, I'm glad to see you.” Kai gently smiled upon her.

Krystal's heart skipped. She was not expecting this gentle expression coming from him. She was totally confused now. She still had a conflicted heart.

“Wait....you have to---” She got cut off suddenly.

“I know why you're here. You want to settle things with me once and for all. This time, before I get to leave...” Kai suddenly got interested in his boat shoes.

“Yeah...” Krystal looked away. She didn't want to meet Kai's eyes. She's afraid that she might for for him again.

“Honestly and truthfully...” Kai started to talk. Krystal's ears seemed to be deaf as she was unresponsive, but she totally listening, unaware of the crowd rounding up on them. The crowd was busily watching them. “I love you....”

“What?” Krystal looked shocked.

“Yes, I do. And, I really do up until the present.”

“What? Why only now--”

“But, I don't deserve you.” Kai smoothly finished his sentence. Yes, I love you but you deserved Sehun more than me.

“I'm confused. I thought that you don't like me.”

“I love you, and I have nothing else to say to you but the words I love you. I wanted to tell this to you, and I always love you.” Kai's words reverberated deeply in Krystal's heart. She found the answer she was looking for, yet she was crushed on the inside. Maybe, because right after this confession, she knew he'd be gone forever on her life.

“Don't you dare regret saying this to me.” Krystal blushed, but she still looked intently at him.

“Of course, I wouldn't.” Kai said in a mocking voice.

“You're so cheeky. You're also weird and proud. But, you never tried to show off. You always care for others.” Krystal looked for the charm Kai's noona gave to her. She reached for it, and it felt hot on her palms. Her cheeks were truly burning red. “I also like you...Kai.”

“Yeah, and that 'like' wouldn't go further than 'love'.” Kai turned away. “Krystal, let's meet again, okay?” He waved his hand on her.

 

“Stupid. Kai. Fool. Stupid Kim Jong In.” Krystal's tears were falling down her face. “But, thank you. Thank you for your love.” Krystal's eyes weren't able to stop the tears. She was finally able to conclude this.

 

Meanwhile, Minah looked taken aback as she saw Kai's expression. “Did you cry, Jongin-ah?”

“No...no way. Let's leave.” Kai squeezed Minah's hand firmly, imagining that it was Krystal's.