forty-seven.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

I would do anything for you

Not because I just love you

But, because I'd do anything 

in the name of proving my love to  you...

even if I'm not used to doing it.

Sulli sulked while reading her book on her desk. She heaved out a sigh, feeling bored and a little bit tense. She would wonder her eyes, only to find two curious eyes looking back at her.

She gasped, thinking of him again. As their eyes met, they knew the problems of each other, without even saying a word.

Lee Taemin approached her, handing her a lemon candy.

“Kamsahamnida.” She gratefully accepted it. Taemin would then sit beside her, and stare at her for quite a while.

They had never gone on official dates, but they were decently progressive on their love line. Half of the population of the whole school admitted that they were really a match made in heaven.

They would wonder how and why Taemin became her watchdog and bodyguard, and to how childish and naïve he could be just for Sulli.

Taemin had shown them his warm heart due to the change he’d gone through because of loving her. He became fine with talking to people as his vibes grew to be more radiating than it could be before. His fans didn’t just love him; they adore him and respect his relationship with Choi Jinri. They would often see the couple go out of the room, as they trailed their eyes off them. They would observe how tough it could be just for them to hold each other’s hands.

They would laugh while observing.

But, today was a different course. Sulli was observing something; it was the closeness between Oh Sehun and Jung Krystal.

She knew that they were official, but Sehun had been a little bit lacking.

Yes, he was truly like that.

There was couple of times when he needed to practice late because he was skipping due to helping Krystal on some of her paper works at times.

He got shouted by their coach as he left without bidding farewell to all of them.

He would discourage girls to come to him, even if it was needed and only due to good will.

He was becoming more and more attached to her, which signified that it was only to her.

His friends were becoming distant, thinking that Sehun had his own ways now.

There was a drastic change, and to think that it was no good, Sulli began to worry.

“You know, what?” Sulli propped her phone on her hands. “Sehun’s weird lately.”

“Really?” Taemin gave an apathetic gaze on her girlfriend. “Why are you worrying too much?”

“Because…he’s becoming strange. He’s acting like he’s lacking…” Sulli scowled.

“Tell me, then.” Taemin smiled softly and held her hand, making her feel happy and undoubting.

“Sehun’s going for the last competition this school year to be held at a far-off school. He’s  going to be the representative of the high school for this competition. But, he was holding back…”

Taemin raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean, he’s holding back?”

“He’s becoming lazy, and not even practicing like he used to be. I thought that he loves Tennis more than anything else.”

“Maybe…his thoughts are flying so far away and the thing that was only in his mind right now was the existence of Krystal.” Putting it that way, Sulli became sadder.

“What should I do? I’m worried…it’s his dream competition. He practiced hard just for this and to see him like this…pained me.”

Taemin became jealous, but kept it only to himself.

He wanted to know if Sulli would worry if he would not be doing his home works and submitting his projects late. He would wonder how she could be tensed and frightened by thought of him sleeping in the middle of the class.

How jealous he could be, and to think that their relationship was still budding. But, for him to be a good boyfriend, he should attend to his girlfriend’s needs if she needed it. He somehow felt that Sehun was doing a great job of being a boyfriend to Krystal, but he thought that he should let Sulli see how great of a help Sehun was.

Maybe, he would just scold his dongsaeng to allot time for himself once in a while.

Like a flash, Taemin abruptly approached Sehun as he was about to go to Krystal and ask her to have lunch with them. Since Sulli distracted her, Taemin had a time to talk with Sehun since he knew how it would let him see Sehun’s side even better.

Sehun nervously let his hyung start to speak, but Taemin was just staring at the windowpane of their classroom, not minding his stares. Sehun cleared his throat and tried to speak but there were no words.

“What’s between you two and Krystal?” Taemin asked, for him to feel comfortable. But, he was just stating the obvious here. He was just testing Sehun.

“We’re together… I wouldn’t hide. You should know this ‘cause you are  her ex.” Sehun emphasized.

“Yeah.” Taemin puffed his cheeks. “Krystal’s a good girl and she’s tough, too.” Taemin began to characterize Krystal on Sehun’s mind. He let his imaginations run to picture Krystal as a tough and nice young girl.

Yet, Sehun didn’t get it. “What is it then, hyungnim?”

“She’s going to move on.” Taemin looked at him. He saw his eyes full of sadness and discontentment.

“Really?” Sehun uttered, giving a lopsided smile.

Taemin smirked, continuing his own prospect of things. “I know that she’s just heartbroken, so try to trust her even a little. You’re too strange right now. Maybe, you should have a time to chase for your dreams.”

“Just like what you said, I wouldn’t let her to get hurt.” Sehun began to remember their plans and actions.

“Back then… I knew you’d be overly qualified for this job. But, I want you to continue being happy as well. Try to be yourself, and let you two’s relationship not run astray. Keep it at bay, as well as, your emotions in check.

“Did Sulli say something to you?” Sehun sensed it, Taemin wasn’t truly concerned at him but to Sulli.

“I care for you as my dongsaeng, and I wouldn’t want you to fail.”

“I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks, hyung.” Sehun darted off without looking back. He closed his eyes momentarily, and tried to snap out of it. He was too immersed in taking care of Krystal that he forgot what he wanted, too. It was to let Krystal see that he wouldn’t be a failure at all costs.

During the practice period, right after the classes ended, Sehun was cleaning the tennis court. He was the first one to go there, as he handed himself a broom. He swept the floor, and tried to gather the tennis balls scattered around.

There, he saw a couple of his sunbaes who were very jealous of the attention he gets from the coach and to the other respectable upperclassmen.

“Hyung…don’t litter.” Sehun pointed that one of the sunbae dropped a stick of a lollipop. “There’s the trash can there.” Sehun darted his eyes to the trash can, signaling the hyung to throw it away.

“You’re being too carefree.” There were five of them, and the tallest stood out. He talked to Sehun, barking.

“Hyung, I’m not being carefree.” Sehun defended himself. Against all odds, he promised to make all things at bay.

“You are!” He taunted Sehun, barking off tenaciously. “JUST BECAUSE YOU BECAME THE ACE AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE! WE WOULD TIRE OUR ASSES OUT JUST TO WATCH YOUR STUPID PLAY!”

Sehun clenched his fists, pretending to smile. “I didn’t do anything. I just did like how many people did it. I’m a practice maniac, though.”

“You bribed our coach right?” The second tallest smirked at him, pointing out that he tried to do things illegally.

“I’m being true.”

“Oh, yeah~” His older brother’s classmate whom he recognized muttered. He played with a tennis ball and let out his racket. He was going for a smash right pointing to Sehun’s pretty face.

Sehun tried to dodge it, but no avail, he was scratched. He felt the oozing feeling on his left cheek, burning. There was blood as his head spun round. He was confused, not even saying anything.

The sunbaes all laughed at him, like he was just a kid who lost a banana. They were being effective on disheartening him. More on, he was getting too inferior to them.

But, Jung Krystal was watching everything. It was up to the point, which Kai who was standing beside her, would try to watch out if she gets on a rampage.

“Oh…here comes your savior!” They were alarmed, but let Krystal join them.

One of the silent guys there whispered to Sehun something.

Sehun’s eyes grew large, his eyes getting red from getting infuriated. Krystal stopped on her tracks.

Sehun was aiming for his goal on that dirty person’s face. He clenched his fist and swung his arm around. He hit his sunbae who fell to the ground. He didn’t stop there, and Sehun aimed for his stomach.

The sunbae growled in pain, his friends were scared of even moving. Sehun was like a beast trapped on a fragile and tall young body. The sunbae’s face had a concussion and there was a huge wound on his face. Everyone was terrified as they saw that.

Everyone was there. Those five sunbaes, Krystal, Kai and Sehun. No one saw the whole thing. The sunbae’s friends carried him to the infirmary, barely walking. He continuously cursed Sehun’s name under his breath. Before going into the infirmary, he collapsed.

He had a broken rib and his arm was wrapped.

Immediately, everyone who witnessed it reported in the principal’s office. Unluckily, the director was not present. It was the principal who was. Even more, the sunbae Sehun hit was his older son. He ran straight to the emergency room right after hearing it.

He sought for the person who did it to his very poor son.

Who could have done that?

How could Sehun do that?

Oh? How is it?

Curious, already?