twenty-six.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Mai Kuraki- Secret Love

Just by falling in love with loving you
I still want to say
Because I'm happy by just keeping it as a secret
Now it's only my secret love

 

Krystal’s POV

I didn’t know how news got out but we’re really over. Now, it was time for us to prepare for the café our class would be doing on. When many people looked at me, they tried to giggle and mumble to themselves how much a freak I am to let go of him. Well, I do not even have a damn choice. It’s just we had broken up without even getting to reveal that we’re fake.

How funny it was? This day that I needed to go to class earlier than I needed to, before I knew it, I was so damn late for the morning training to us going to the competition just a few days from now.

I didn’t know what gotten into me. When I arrived, waving goodbye at my chauffeur, the unnies were scaring me with their yells. I got on my PE Uniform and ran an additional five laps around the campus. It was hell of a thing for me.  I passed by Sulli who was also practicing with her co-teammates in the tennis courts.

I waved at her as she waved back, huffing and puffing as well. I spotted Sehun, he was still focused on sparring with a senior.

I stopped my tracks when I saw Kim Jong In. That bastard, he really pissed me off just by the look of his face. He was lying on the ground, his face covered with a book. What damn thing? I could even recognize him instantly. Well, I’d be off. I didn’t want to be scolded by the unnies.

So, there, even though I didn’t like what I’m doing and I just lost a lot of motivation to continue playing soccer, I still went with the flow. I was not going to be hurt, really.

 

Classes resumed as my classmates murmured when I entered the classroom. Everyone was getting their gossip times with each other. I might as well just do my thing.

Then, Kim Jong In came in. Everyone looked at him with astonishments, a girl even tried to go and say ‘Good Morning’ to him.

I never thought he would reply back. It was kind of hurting.

“Good Morning, Hyemi-sshi.” He was really polite as he said those words.

I ran my hand through my hair as I let out my cellphone. I did my usual thing, playing with it until the teacher arrives.

Everyone got crowded around him like they were pests clinging to him. He was really weird. He smiled, laughed aloud and became a total womanizer on the girls. I tried to take a peek at what he’s doing. He was mesmerized by his ‘fans’.

“Hey…” A girl shyly went forward. “Can we go to the cafeteria together?”

A thought came into me. He was always alone when he goes there. When we had this fake relationship thingy, we always went to eat at the rooftop, along with Oppa and Jinri. Those memories were coming back to me; I couldn’t contain my tears anymore.

“Sure.” He nodded. ”But, I really wanted it to be homemade.”

I bit my lips. My ears were bursting red, I think.

“Hehhh?” A girl said, she was getting enthusiastic. “I made one. Thank God, both of you broke up.” She was really happy. Her tone of voice pissed me off like I wanted to rip her apart.

“Yeah. We had a chance.”

“Yes, I knew it that both of you were ‘not-so-good-together couple’.”

“Hahaha.” He just laughed it off. I secretly glared at him, purposely throwing daggers.

 

“Krystal-yah!” I didn’t notice Sehun’s face just an inch far to mine. His smiles were brighter today. I didn’t know why.

“Oh…Sehunnie.” I just laughed along with him. I totally needed his company right now. I sighed, trying to retain my composure. Maybe, just maybe. If he didn’t come, I was going to throw my phone on that bastard’s face.

“I heard the news.” Sehun looked sympathetic towards me. “Mind sitting next to you for a while.”

“No. It’s fine.”

But, the teacher came in and Sehun had to go back to his seat. Everyone went back, the girls that were flocking on him, also went to their respective seats. I took a peek on him and he seemed to smile.

I never thought that he looked happy when the girls were not flocking on him. ‘His eyes met mine’ at the process. My heart totally skipped a beat. I faced the teacher as classes started.

Sehun threw crumpled paper on my direction. What is he thinking? I read the note, ‘Meet me at the rooftop’.

I smiled as I tried to put the note in my bag. ‘Thanks Sehun’. I really wanted to say it to him.

Sehun’s POV

News got out from the boy’s dorm that everyone in there heard that Kai broke up with Krystal. The first time I heard about it I wanted to know what happened to Krystal. What does she feel about it? About them? I didn’t get any sleep the last night thinking of this.

I tried to scratch my head. AH, I really think I’m getting frustrated over this.

Just this morning, I couldn’t get her out of my mind. The only thing I needed to get her out is to focus on my tennis. I really needed to think clearly for myself once in a while. I didn’t even see her running around the school. I just knew it from Sulli.

When I entered the room, why is her heart so fixated on him? What is so good about that gloomy guy at the back of the room? Those girls, they were so into him.

What is that person thinking? Does he want fame for himself? What the heck? I didn’t know what to do? She’s all into him.

I saw Krystal; her eyes were already tearing up. I tried to sit beside her but before I could comfort her. The teacher came in, nice timing.

I wanted to meet her, maybe at the rooftop. It was a quiet place there. Not from here, I needed to talk to her quickly because I don’t have much time. I needed to help Sulli for the café.

Quickly. I tried to throw a crumpled paper at her. Of course, it’s not trash. She happily smiled as she finished it. I’m really glad. But, then, she looked at Kai. I tried to glare at him. Their eyes met and my heart was boiling due to anger.

I must admit that I’m really, really jealous. If I just grabbed the chance just after Krystal broke up with Lee Taemin-sshi, do I get the spot next to her? I do not know.

 

Yes, the bell rang. I went to the rooftop as quickly as possible. I really wanted to say it to her. I brought homemade food and the drink that I last let her to taste.

Maybe, this drink I’m clenching in my hands right now tastes bitter. It could relieve from all of the things that happened before between them.

“Ah….Sehun-ah.” There she came, the girl of my dreams. With that poker face of hers, she’s still pretty. I tried to let her seat on the ground. I’m really quite embarrassed.

She sat and I handed her the bitter drink. She tried to gulp it in one go. “Blehh.”

I laughed as I looked at her. This is my last chance, Oh Sehun be brave, don’t be afraid of rejection any longer.

“Krystal….no, Jung Soojung, I wanted to say something to you as a man,” I held her hand tightly.

“Yah! Oh Sehun, you’re scaring me.” Krystal smiled.

“Soojung-ah…. I… I like—“I stuttered. My heartbeat got faster. “I like you is an understatement. I love you.”

“Sehun-ah…” She looked more puzzled. “Ahahahahaha.” She laughed hard. My heart was crumbling into pieces. This secret love I had been keeping for myself now spoke. But, I got laughed at. My pride was hurting, but maybe I just needed her to understand.

“You must’ve been joking?” She held into her stomach, she’s laughing ridiculously loud.

“No. I’m serious.” I looked intently at her eyes.

“Sehun-ah..” I felt like I do not want to hear her words. “I must’ve been rash to my feelings as well. I admit it that I was really pathetic before. I really did get scared and jealous that he’d go so far away that I wouldn’t be able to reach him. But, I understood it that though he couldn’t get over his first love, I would still---“

“STILL WHAT?”

I didn’t know what to feel. My heart was hurting, suffocating me on that spot. My senses got numbed, I do not know at all.  I felt the tears, is it the rain? No, my tears were making my vision so clouded.

“Ah, must’ve had something on my eyes.”

I cried and sobbed and wanted to shout at the world. What is it that I did wrong?

“Sehun-ah… “She tried to hug me, tightly. She wrapped me gently on her arms. This girl that I had hoped for, for so long

“What is it that I should do to surpass him?” I tried to say this words but I think my voice was so shaking and incoherent. My tears just kept on flooding, my cheeks were damped. She tried to wipe my tears away but like a kid, my tears were unstoppable.

“You don’t have to do anything. It’s just that I would fight for my love. I wouldn’t be weak. I’m really sorry… I don’t want you to go through to the same pain I’ve been experiencing. But, I’m really grateful for your love.”

I wanted to vanish in the world to turn into foam and bury my feelings in the fertile Korean soil. What is the use of being poetic? What is the use of winning in the tennis competitions? What is the use of coming into this school just to see her?

I fell in love at first sight with that girl. Jung Soojung, when we’re in middle school, she accompanied Sulli to a competition. I saw how the cheers reverberated in the tennis court, it even reached me. For the first time, I was touched with the screams as I hoped I could have someone cheer for me just like her.

It was even before he came into that school. It was not really Krystal's fault. It was just that...I tripled or even quadrupled my efforts of aiming to that school just for her.

And that was then, that every day I was repeatedly getting infatuated to her.

"Krystal..."

 

A short chapter and update

Haha. I understand that all of you likes Sehun now.

But, please don't hate Kai~

He's my bias and all. And he has his own reasons to act like this.

Pretty please~