seven.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

/a/n/

A quick update. Start of the week. Tests would be coming up and more of those projects, projects, homeworks. So stressful~

So...the planned 7-day update would be implemented effective to the next update. Mianhe~ Please enjoy this.

 

I just have to bear it

By just looking at your smiling face

Why is this heart not obeying its owner?


Sulli’s POV

From now on, I’m the taking over all of the latest happenings from my own point of view. Now, I am here stuck at the middle of these two pairs of brothers and sisters, still not believing the commotion happening.

 

Jung Jessica-unnie’s back. The best unnie you could find in town. But, she’s the worst for her OWN sister, Soojung.

 

I don’t have much history ‘bout them.

 

All I know is that, Krystal should be the one studying overseas and not her sister, but because of some reasons, her sister took over and got on the best school. It was that time when I couldn’t even speak to the silent Krystal. She locked her room with just her inside; she locked her heart not opening it anymore.

 

After her sister left, I cheered her up then I finally saw her angelic smile beneath a sorrowful frown she never wanted to show.

 

Lee Taemin, he was watching intently. I don’t know but I think he was somewhat worried. He murmured some words I couldn’t hear as he was shaking all over. I thought that he was insane and just ignored him.

 

“Krystal is about to collapse!!!” With a dash of a runner, he caught on the collapsing Krystal on her sister’s embrace. “Let’s take her to the hospital.” Lee Taemin with his determined eyes, I couldn’t believe he could show such emotion. He really is in love with Krystal.

 

Thump. Thump. Squeal. Yelp. Why is my heart shouting deep inside? It is as if a thunder strikes me with its electricity that I could never tell what I’m feeling.

 

I followed them with mini footsteps; I don’t want to walk side by side with them. I feel so out of place and out of tune. Not until, someone held my hand. It is warm and strangely, Kim Heechul-oppa winked at me. As he whispered with a kind and brotherly voice, “Don’t think too much about it. Taemin has his reasons.”

 

“What?” I shook my head. “I’m not thinking of that.” I swear I wouldn’t think about him with Krystal. I’m not worried about him carrying her… or am I worried? Yes, I’m worried about Krystal that’s all. How could I be feeling like this? “Oppa. What are you saying? I’m worried about my…” I couldn’t continue my words.

 

“Taemin, Jessica, take care of Krystal. I’d be going to send Sulli home.” I’m expecting his voice to shout back at his brother but he is silent.

 

“Oh…Sulli-ah, you’ve grown well.” Unnie looked at Heechul-oppa. “Then, we’d be going now. I think she just got fatigued because of me.” Unnie lowered her head and supported the collapsed Krystal on the inside of the car.

Then, I put on the seatbelt and felt the awkwardness drifting through the air. I reached for my phone, waiting for a phone call; I hoped everything would be all right.

 

“Sulli-ah, do you like my brother?” I don’t know what to say to Oppa’s striking words. He is right on track that I’m thinking about Taemin strangely but I wouldn’t put it on that way.

 

“Annyeo…” I denied his accusations like how a guilty person tried to escape his sins. “I could not like my best friend’s boyfriend. At times like this, I’m just out of the picture.

 

“Your thinking is right, I guess so.” I looked at oppa. His gaze was fixated to the streets; his eyes are so like Lee Taemin. Burning hot and piercing cold. Like ice and fire, I couldn’t know what is running through his mind. I don’t know anymore and just looked at anywhere as I try to avoid his questions. “But, the one you’re feeling right now is not like a person betraying the most precious people to them.”

 

“I don’t get your point, Oppa. You’re getting discreet and your words are too blurry.” My world span as the words echoed in my mind. My sanity is driving me off a cliff.

 

“Do you want to know why they ended up together? Do you know what happened between Taemin and me that he hated me so ruthlessly all along? Do you want me to tell you?” I know he is waiting for a definite and obvious ‘yes’ coming from my mouth. I want to know the truth but I don’t know if it is alright.

 

“I don’t know if I have the privilege to know. I think that it is alright for me to be a bystander right now since I’m just nothing compared to all of you.”

 

Heechul-oppa stopped the car. “We’re here.” He didn’t speak anything at all, just ‘We’re here.’ I’m expecting some more, some more words of a good elder brother. I wanted to hear more of his words of wisdom. I wanted to hear more about … his … brother. “Sulli-ah, I felt so disappointed in you.” He looked at me with that piercing gaze. “I thought that you are someone capable of fighting for yourself and could stand up against all odds. But, treating yourself as nothing, you are not suitable to even speak for yourself. Tell me, why do you feel so inferior about everything?”

 

He waited for a minute then slowly, I got off. I looked at his car distancing for about a few meters. Then, at the top of my voice, crying like a wimp, “I… ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT I COULDN’T MATCH UP TO KRYS…TAL.. WITH...WITH HER LOOKS AND EVERYTHING ABOUT HER, HOW COULD I BE ON PAR WITH HER?!!!! TO SUCH A PERFECT GIRL, HOW…HOW COULD I…” I knelt down. Feeling the cold from the stone pavement outside of my house, I felt emptiness.

 

It was quiet for some time. Then, I heard the rapid sounds of someone running. Huffing and puffing, Heechul-oppa was looking strange at me again. “Look here… “ I don’t want to face him again. He grabbed my chin and tried to tilt it forcibly. “I…I’m going to change you. You’ll be something else and I’ll know for sure that if I left you alone, you’d be someone who could surpass Krystal at anything then.then…you could confess your love freely?”

 

He supported me as I stood up. Then, like a lost child who found her home, I buried my head on his broad chest as I yelp, squealed, and cried like a moron.


Monday

Another week started again. As I got ready for a new day in school, I saw the empty seats of Krystal and Lee Taemin. I sighed as I look at those seats, I wanted at that moment to feel those empty spots.

 

I was determined to fulfill the promise to Oppa from last night. I wanted to change.

 

But, something stuck on my mind, how could he help me?

 

Like the calling of a devil, someone called to me in the middle of classes. An urgent call. And, speaking of the devil, Lee Taemin is calling me. How did her find my number… I don’t damn care. But, I am kind of happy that he exerted effort in getting hold of my number.

 

“Miss…Miss Sulli-ah, if that is an urgent issue, you could go outside and answer that. You looked like a fool, smiling crazy like that.”

 

“I’m smiling.” I didn’t know I am smiling. With just this call, my heart is thumping like crazy.

 

I went outside and grinned wildly. I don’t know why as I am expecting for his gentle voice…I

 

“HEY! WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG?!” Crack. Cracked. My dreams were shuttered. It would be better if at least he could be SO nice to me.

 

“So…sorry… I’m at the middle of classes. What’s the deal?” I’m really waiting for the reason.

 

“I..need you.” (nobody’s POV already) Lee Taemin was kind of red and got to be tricked by his own words. “No…no I mean, Krystal need you. She’s been calling your name and I don’t know what to do anymore. “

 

“Oh…” Sulli got too cocky. “Haha. Then, what could I have in coming there NOW?”

 

“I don’t know…why would you get something just for this?…”

 

“Fine. Then, I’m hanging up..” Sulli’s waiting for an OKAY reply. And, she got it.

 

“Okay…Okay…I’ll treat you to dinner, kay?”

 

“No…buy me a new phone. The best of the best.”

 

“Why would I---“

 

“Then…I’m going to go back to my classes and---“

 

“Fine. Fine. I’d pick something that would really suit you, YOUR MAJESTY.” A pissed off Taemin hung up.

 

“Serves you right. Merong~” A slightly hopping Sulli came back and excused herself. Good thing, the teachers heard of the news.


General Hospital

Lee Taemin’s POV

It’s now my time to take over the talking.

 

Aish. Why is Choi Jinri leisurely taking her time? Krystal’s groaning at her sleep. Aish. Why am I in charge of her now? I have my own life.

 

Well… If Sulli’s here, she’d be worth it as an entertainment.

 

Oh…the other night, where did she go? I couldn’t see her after we arrived in the hospital?

 

Wait. Did he go to my brother’s car? Why? Why? Why there? My brother’s a ert, playing with his dongsaengs. Is he after her? I’m going crazy. Why do I really want to see her right now?

 

“Oh…so cold outside..” Just like the coming of spring, Choi Jinri came to the footsteps of the lonely hospital. She’s really pale and I wanted to touch her. “Oh…what happened to Krystal?”

 

Not until she talks, it would be better if she couldn’t talk. If she’s talking, she’s like the maid back to our mansion. Such a chatter box. She’s really a lesbian trapped on a princess’s body.

 

“Oi. I’m asking nicely…So what happened?”

 

“Calm her down.” Psshh. She didn’t even say hi.

 

Like a caring my mother, she touches Krystal’s face. Her soothing sense of touch felt like magic to me as Krystal who was holding her breath, smiled. I was captivated by Krystal’s smile. But, as I look up to the fairy Sulli…she…she’s

 

“NEOMU YEPPO.” I whispered softly so she couldn’t hear my admiration.