twenty-seven.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

I know that you wouldn't believe me instantly

You passed by me like I have a sickness

It hurts me to find out that

You never trusted me as much as I wanted you to.

Unbeknownst to the crying Sehun and the comforting Krystal, someone was peeking at them. He was listening intently with his awed eyes and gape mouth. He couldn’t contain the silence and tried to hide his presence as he neared for the rooftop door. He quietly lifted his feet and tried to go downstairs.

The bell rang and suddenly, there was silence. Sehun nested in the infirmary. Krystal involuntarily went to resume the classes. She also was worried about Sehun but couldn’t do anything about it.

 Sulli looked like she had not been able to sleep for centuries. Her eyes were blinking as she couldn’t even raise her mechanical pencil up and tried to jot down some notes on her notebook. 

Someone was laughing on the sidelines, looking at her sunken face for a while now. He looked at her with teasing eyes. He was of course, Lee Taemin. He had nothing to do because for half a year now he didn’t have any club activities.

“Oh…Sehunnie didn’t come.” As they wanted to get ready for the café, Sulli raised her brows. She didn’t have her supporter with her. “Then…who could help me?”

She shyly asked the boys who were so eager to help her. But, they couldn’t. The boys needed to some other stuff in their club and Sulli was left alone in their class having to make schedules and preparations all by herself. She looked astonished to how much more she needed to do. She wanted to make it perfectly.

Before the classes ended, she handed out to the girls some recipes they needed to do. They just raised a brow on her. They emphasized that they do not want to help her.

It would only be days. Just after Krystal’s competition, the week for the Cultural Festival will commence. She was at her wit’s end. Planning these all out, she wanted someone to appreciate her work and try to help her.

As she was jotting down some reports to be passed to the teacher at the end of the day, Lee Taemin crept on the classroom and tried to say hi to her.

“Boo!” He came out all of a sudden behind.

“Ahhhh…Eomma….” Sulli held on her chest. “Yah! Lee Taemin.”

“Hey, just a while…” He looked disappointed. “You’re calling me Oppa.”

“Pssh.” Sulli heaved a sigh. “You can just go out if you won’t help me.”

“You’re cruel.” Taemin pinched her cheeks, making Sulli so red. “Smile, okay? This hero here will help you” He gave out one of his bright smiles.

“Then…arrange these for me.” Sulli passed on some documents and make a table out of these.” She pointed it out to him.

“Why does no one help you?” Taemin questioned her as he tried to scratch his head. “This is really hard.”

“What the heck do you think I’m working hard on? My father could go h---“

“Oh…you have ulterior motives?” Taemin chuckled softly as he pissed her off.

“You…don’t you have club activities?”

Taemin made a straight face. “I don’t want to attend to anything.”

“You’re just being selfish.” She commented as she worked on more and more piles of papers.

Being alone in the classroom felt like date to Sulli. She looked happy as the sun peeked through the glass windows of the classroom. Laughing with him felt like something worthwhile to her.

It made her heart flutter and didn’t mind the workload.

“By the way…” Sulli said coyly. “Thank you for helping me.”

“Oh…” Taemin yawned. “No, I just don’t have anything to do.”

“Really?” Sulli just watched him yawn and yawn more. “Then, can you help me set up the café tomorrow? As well as pick up all the uniforms.”

“Maid uniform?” He stomped his feet due to excitement. “So, you would wear one?”

“Of course… we are ‘obliged’ to.”

“I thought Sehun would help you…” Taemin tried to change the subject.

“Yeah, but he was out resting in the infirmary. I checked on him and his eyes looked like their gouging out.”

“What happened to him?”

“I don’t know.” She put her head down. “Ask Krystal…”

 

While they were having a nice chit-chat in the classroom, people were starting to peek on them. They were having uneasy feelings about the two of them.

“Are they going out?” A tall girl with a lollipop on said as she it more.

“If that is so…” Another girl tried to think more of the situation. “…maybe, from the first time, she wanted to snatch him from Krystal.”

“Hey….let’s fight for Taemin-oppa. That girl, she felt like she was so important even to Kai’s case.”

“Yeah…yeah…” The girl with a lollipop muttered.

“Hey…I have a plan for her to know her place.” Kim Yaera, a major Taemin fan ever since he came to this school plotted a scheme Sulli didn’t even know.

As Taemin left after his chauffeur called him, Sulli was again left out. Taemin demanded that he would drive her home but she replied to not be worried about her.

She finished the work at 7:05 pm. She looked at her wristwatch and tried to yawn. “Oh…well, no one’s waiting for me there. So, I better go.”

She had her knapsack with her and tried to stride down the hallway. It was unpleasantly silent. There were still lights but it was kind of creepy.

“Oh…who’s that?” Kim Yaera stepped forward. “Oh…Sulli-ah…Teacher Kim wanted you to get some reserved decorations for the café.”

“Really?” She thought of her adviser, Mrs. Kim. “She didn’t really want to have a café?”

“Why? Are you doubting me?” Kim Yaera was after all the class president of their class so, she better not to be doubted.

“Where is it?”

“At the stock room, it is a floor above here.” Yaera winked and turned around. Now. The girls should do their work. Haha. Kim Yaera, you’re having a lot of fun. I better watch her scream out loud, she thought and texted her friends.

Sender: Kim Yaera

Message:

She’s biting the trap~ She really do deserve this, right? Now, go lock her up there. Until she screams and swears not to mess around our beloved Lee Taemin-oppa, then release her and keep shut. I don’t want Krystal to help her friend.

She smirked quietly and got out of the building. Waiting in there was a car. “Hmmm…” Kim Yaera played with her phone. “I’ll better see something nice tomorrow. So, tired, ahjusshi let’s go.”

Though hesitating, Sulli went to the stock room. She opened the door widely as she looked out for a box Yaera had described, but she couldn’t find any. When she got the clue that she was just tricked, she wanted to escape due to the darkness but couldn’t as the door was already locked. It was lock there, the four corners of the room looked like a really little box to her. She felt scared and tried to call out.

“HELP! HELPPPP!” Sulli couldn’t help but to cry and agonize on her situation right now. She tried to knock on the door. But, there was no one. She tried to look for her phone but she left it with her bag in the classroom. She felt really, really helpless.

Classroom

“Aish…where is that textbook I need?” Kai was looking for it on his room. “Oh, why is Sulli’s bag here?”

He heard murmurs coming from his direction. He hunched that something happened and that, it was pretty bad. He then tried to go outside and surprise the girls on his presence.

“Hey…you three.” Kai glared at each one of them. He had pretty fierce eyes and the girls looked like they were really affected. “Where’s Sulli?”

“We don’t know.” The tall girl looked frightened at him.

“We’d be leaving.” One of the girls said and tried to pass by him.

“Wait a sec,” Kai tried to hold on to one of the girl’s arm. “If you won’t talk, I’d be breaking your arm even if you’re a girl.”

“Kai… it hurts.” The girl tried to release her hand from him.

“Hey…hey… you’re being too harsh on her.” The other two looked frightened more and more.

“HELP! HELP!” The sound finally reached Kai’s ears.

“That was Sulli’s voice… she’s trapped?” He glared back at the girls. “If something happened to her, I’ll remember your faces.”

 

Kai tried to get closer to the origin of the voice. He needed to hurry for he smelled danger.

“Sulli-ah…Choi Jinri, are you there?” He finally went to the stock room. It was locked.  “Ah….I should have gotten the key to the girls.”

“Kai....” Sulli recognized his voice and tried to knock harder on the metal door.

“Wait there…what to do?” He tried to plead her to step aside as he was about to break the door but he couldn’t. “Those girls…wait Jinri-yah, I’d be getting… the keys.” He panicked and tried to catch up to the girls.

He saw one of them, “Fine…here…” They really irked due to shock from him and submitted the keys obediently.

He then came back and heard her crying at the other side of the wall.

“Hey…Jinri-ah, do you want Taemin to look at the pitiful you, huh?”

“What are you---“ Jinri tried to brave herself up. “I’m not having that kind of feelings for him…”

“Then, stop crying…or else, you would lose to yourself just like in my case.” He unlocked the door and Jinri cried and hugged her. Kai hugged her back passionately.

He knew more than anyone else how it amount to be alone and locked up on a box-like room more than anyone else.  He held her in his hands like a big brother.

“Let’s go home?” Kai tried to wipe her tears.

“Mnm.” She nodded and they got out of the building. Sulli got so scared that she needed Kai to hold on to her.

“Ahhh…it really looks so dark here.” Kai commented, wanting to scare her.

“Hey…Kai, what is with that case you’re saying? You’ve been really harsh on Krystal…” Kai was baffled at the mention of Krystal’s name.

“Well… I must’ve been crazy at that time. I owe her an apology.”

“I really think that both of you suit each other together.” Sulli smiled as she saw Kai blushing all of a sudden.

“It doesn’t mean that if you suit each other, you could go out so openly.”

“Are you pertaining to Min Ah?”

Kai’s eyes widened. “No way…she’s out of the topic.”

“Is she still the one?”

“Stop with the blabbering. I’d be on my way and you also.”

“Roger that.” They parted way in the bus stop.

 

As Sulli wanted to thank Kai after the incident last night, she was shocked as she greeted Taemin in the hallway.

“Good Morning…” She looked at that person who stayed with her finishing the workload.

But, Taemin coldly passed her by. He looked angry as it was evident on his eyes.  What’s happening? She thought and ran to where Taemin is and caught him.

“What’s up with you?” Sulli was perplexed. Why is he acting weird after all that happened between us yesterday?

“Can’t you look at the bulletin board?”

 

There were many pictures posted there. Scandalous ones.

“These were from last night…”

It was she and Kai hugging each other passionately on the stock room.

There were also pictures of them leaving the school, holding hands.

Is that why he behaved like that? Desperately, she tried to reach her hand out and tried to tear off all of the pictures in there. She glared back at the students. “Hey, who did this?! ANSWER MEEEE….” She shrieked but to no avail, everyone laughed at her.

“Why? We’re not in that kind of---“ Sulli saw Krystal stepping forward.

Krystal slapped Sulli in the face. “What’s gotten into you? I thought that you were…my only friend?” She saw Kim Yaera laughing at the background, whispering something to Krystal right after she slapped her.

“Come Krystal…she’s not your friend.” She tried to lend her a hand.  “Let’s go to the classroom.”

“Am I being hated?”

“Hey, what’s with all of the fuss?” Kai saw the pictures, ripped off already. “Wait…I can explain this to everyone…”

Okay~ A big chapter happened.

Ohmygod...I hope that the IU and Hyukjae scandal would die down.

I'm kind of bitter, maybe because of that I wrote this chapter.

So, here everyone, this case~ this really would test Taemin's love for Sulli.

As well as to how extent does Kai really care for Krystal.