forty-five. Kiss in the Rain

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

I still love you- Bae Suzy

I know I shouldn't cry already but  why  do I keep on crying?

My heart towards you acts however it wants

So it keeps on sending me to you

It hurts so much that I'm the only one who feels this way.

“Why don’t you take some time for a rest?” Krystal looked back, and saw the figure of Oh Sehun approaching her.

She was practicing soccer on the grass lawn. She took her time, sharpening her moves just to qualify for the next game at the near end of the school year.  She was sweating all over, huffing and puffing.

Sehun pulled a towel on his bag and handed it to Krystal. He looked worried as he looked upon his girlfriend. He knew that something was up just by looking at her determined face. It felt like she was releasing all of her stress off her shoulders.

“Thanks, Sehun.” Krystal was about to fetch the nearest ball she could see, but Sehun caught on to her hand.

“What’s the problem?” Sehun grasped her hand tightly. It didn’t matter if it hurt somehow for Krystal.

Krystal, in return, just kept her calm. She was just observing Sehun’s eyes that looked very weary. She smiled at the ground and tried to loosen Sehun’s grip on her arm. But, it was to no avail. Sehun was holding her tightly.

“Sehun-ah…let’s go home together.” She offered.

Sehun beamed, unexpectedly. “But…what’s with the change of heart?” Sehun didn’t mind how Krystal acted and forgave her at that instance.

“I’m hungry.” Krystal held on her tummy. “Care to grab me a chocolate bar?” She pointed at the far-off vending machine.

Sehun nodded as he rushed through the vending machine without looking back.

Krystal took her time on resting at the nearby bench.  She could smell Sehun’s faint scent on the towel he handed.  It felt like his presence lingered, like nothing out of ordinary.

“A nice scent.” She uttered under her breath.

Meanwhile, behind her, someone was eyeing her continuously. He had his hands on both of his pockets. He tried to kick a ball, not being obvious to her. He smiled genuinely. He hid behind a pillar when he heard Sehun’s voice.

“KRYSTAL!” Sehun smiled as he offered the chocolate bar. He let out a bottle of water from his backpack. “Here, also.” He sat beside her, observing her opening the chocolate bar.

Krystal looked conscious, and said, “Hey…don’t look at me eating.”

“But, it’s beautiful.” Sehun couldn’t explain how he couldn’t take his eyes off her.

“Tsk.” She puffed her cheeks. “Ahh…what a day.”

“Why are you working so hard?” Sehun looked upon Krystal’s haggard face. He touched those dark circles beneath her eyes. “I don’t want my girlfriend to look like this.”

Krystal held on to his hand. “I also don’t want my boyfriend to keep on worrying about me, so let’s go back now.” Krystal smiled, assuring Sehun that she was fine.

Sehun had his awed eyes. Krystal hurriedly packed her things and tried to see if she had fetched the soccer balls and put them on the right compartment. She surveyed the scene. She held on Sehun and pulled him closer. Sehun gasped, trying to comprehend what was taking place. Krystal gratefully looked back and saw a faint image of someone. She blinked rapidly, and thought that there was no one.

Krystal heaved a sigh a sigh as she relaxed herself and be composed. Sehun just observed his girlfriend wait at the bus stop.

“Where’s the driver?”

“Taking his day off. He had some urgent matters to attend to.” Krystal held on her lucky charm, shining while dangling on her bag.

“You must’ve really liked that.” Sehun commented, trying to hold on to it.

“No..no, don’t touch it!” Krystal declared, startling the hell out of Sehun.

“Fine.”

Krystal and Sehun then heard the dripping of the rain hitting the roof of the bus stop. They paused, and then looked at each other.

“Do you have an umbrella?” Krystal blinked rapidly.

Sehun rummaged on his things, yet he couldn’t find any. “No, none.”

“Oh my gosh!” Krystal stomped her feet furiously against the gravel road. “What to do?” Her puppy eyes kind of hurt Sehun. No, it hurt him big time.

“What, then?”

“I forgot!” Krystal’s mind had an idea that struck like a thunderstorms. “The last bus to catch right now already left!!!”

“WHAT?! We’d be walking…” Sehun couldn’t believe how his eyes grew furious. “What a bad day!!” Sehun kicked on the metal seat, but he groaned in pain supporting his foot.

“Are you alright?” Krystal let him sit for a while.

“What to do?”

They both waited for the rain to stop from pouring but it only got even more tremendous.

It was reported at that day that there would be a storm coming. But, maybe, both of them turned a blind eye.

Kai, meanwhile, was observing them with his curious eyes. He took two days off school just to visit the province and here was what he got. He felt infuriated as he saw Krystal happy. But, he was as well happy because it was Sehun.

“We couldn’t do anything…let’s go in our house. It’s just a few walks from here. Not so far, I think.” Sehun offered.

Krystal blushed deep red. “Your house?!”

“I thought Sulli mentioned that you took care of Kai when he’s sick.” Sehun clicked his tongue. “This was not your first time.”

“But, Jongin and you are different. “

“What’s so different?” Sehun looked hurt. Krystal felt it and tried to take his hand.

“Then, let’s go. I’ll notify my mom.”

“Thanks for trusting me…”

They went out of the bus stop as the rain poured on their bag, their things and to them. Krystal looked happy as her feet splashed on water on Sehun.

“YAH! NO HORSEPLAYING!” Sehun looked pissed.

Krystal winked, as she ran. “You…you cannot catch me.”

“AH…you really are like that!” Sehun tried to chase her. “Yah! Yah!” Because of his good stature, he could run fast.

Krystal gasped as she noticed that  Sehun was finally catching her.

“YAH!” Krystal squealed. She noticed Sehun’s tight hug from behind.

Suddenly, Krystal’s heart beat faster. Her heart was throbbing as the rain poured on to her.

Sehun tried to tilt her body to face her. “I like you…” He inched to her, close enough for a kiss.

He declared it and Krystal just paused. She closed her eyes, waiting for Sehun to be the first one to initiate.

1 second…2 seconds… Krystal opened her eyes.

Sehun held back, but she noticed the droplets of water not coming from the rain but from his eyes.

“Sehun…are you crying?” Krystal consoled him, looking at his weary state.

“I just couldn’t believe that… I love you, KRYSTAL!” Sehun suddenly, pecked her lips.

Krystal’s eyes grew wider, not expecting his sudden attack. I love…you, too?  Krystal made a mental note that she must’ve been developing feelings for him.

 

Yet, his eyes were trailing off a different course as well as his whole body.  Trying to hide under an umbrella, he let go of it. His whole body was trembling, as he couldn’t explain what to do. He couldn’t bear to see it anymore. His white jacket drenched as he heard the sound of the rain, and the swaying of the wind. It even alarmed him of the sound of thunder, intertwining with lightning.

The heavens must have punished him big time. Kai looked despaired and wasted. He furiously stomped his feet and tried to get the umbrella from the ground.

“I’m not crying…this was just because of the rain.” Kai looked up, convincing him of that.

He was not hurt. He was just really hurt.

He was not regretting it. He was totally regretting it.

He walked off a different course than the two who shared a kiss in the rain.

Kai smirked and felt like he couldn’t believe what was taking place.

“Krystal…” He whispered softly.

 

As Krystal and Sehun held each other’s hand, Krystal heard someone calling for her name. She stopped on her tracks and looked back.

“Why?”

“Nothing. I just felt like someone called my name.” Krystal felt it, too. But, she couldn’t believe who that was even if she knew.

Omo! Like it, Sestal shippers?

Oh....