forty-three.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

This is the time of my life

So, I wouldn't let them

Or him

To be a hindrance in the future ever, again.

Something had dawned Oh Sehun. Something unimaginable was taking place. He flinched at the spot, eyeing at Krystal.

From his point of view, it was what he wanted. The thing that he liked the most to occur, this was it.

Would he take the risk, then?

Sehun’s mind was clouded. His judgment was as well being pulled into a total illusion. He pictured the moments of finally having the time of his life with her.

“Sehun-ah?” Krystal was waiting for him to deliver his verdict. It was strange and awkward. Why would Jung Krystal be the one to take the first move?

It must have been that she was getting lonely, or even more, frightened that she’d have this unrequited love for the rest of her life.

Sehun blinked rapidly. “Why…me?”

“I don’t know.” Krystal gazed upon the floor.

“Then…” Sehun grabbed her hand. “I’d take that into heart. But,…” Sehun backed off as he loose his grip on her hand. “Will you go out with me?”

“Se…Sehun.” She nodded.

It would hurt a man’s pride for the girl to take all the actions away from him.

And, that was the start of them officially dating each other.

 

The following morning, they bade goodbye to Kai’s family. Before anything else, Krystal gave a curtly bow to them and darted off.

“Wait up…Krystal?”

Krystal looked back and saw Kai’s sister giving her something.

It was some kind of a charm, totally looking mysterious.

 

It had three keys attached to a chain with the embedded letters, I, a heart symbol, and U. Krystal looked moved, she played it with her fingers.

“Why to me?”

She winked, making Krystal feel bewildered more and more. “I know that you’ll be able to use it as a charm.”

“Huh?” Krystal was puzzled. “Kamsahamnida.”

Kai’s noona turned back as she gave her final wave. She purposely wanted her that Louis Vuitton charm. It was authentic and she knew it would suit Krystal best. She was not giving it because she was Kai’s noona, but because Krystal showed her heart, open for scars and challenges.

She hoped that she wouldn’t change. She hoped that that heart would still be as it was, even if time passed by.

Krystal tucked it on her bag and marched off with the others. She’d promised to take care of it.” She smiled sheepishly, getting some questionable glances from the onlookers.

“Don’t drool on what she gave you. “ Kai chuckled softly. “She’s really strange sometimes. But, her deceptions would always lead you to the right path.”

Krystal nodded, and smiled back.

Sehun’s heart was pricked and snatched Krystal’s hand away. “Let’s walk on.” He declared.

“Neh~” Krystal followed along, not minding how Taemin and Sulli looked at both of them.

 

Finally, Sehun and Krystal were official.

Before anything else, Sehun rushed and gave his brother a surprise back hug. It startled the older, like he wasn’t used to Sehun showing his feelings.

Sehun beamed. “Hyungnim, do you know what happened?” Sehun boasted off. He dragged a chair and watched Luhan preparing for a thesis, slumping himself in front of a PC.

“What is it?” He looked curious, but stayed calm.

“Hmmmm?” Sehun was smiling vividly. His smiles were looking more and more radiant.

Luhan could feel his cheesiness and was about to puke. “WHAT IS IT?!” He titled his head and peeked at Sehun making those expressions.

“Hyung! We’re going out!!!!” He jumped on his feet.  “At last, we’re official. AT LAST!!!”

“Really?” Luhan stood up. “Ho…how could that be?” Luhan twitched his eyebrows. Could it be that my words struck her too much?

“I confessed and got the approval.” Sehun hugged his hyung.

“Okay…stop, hands off.” Luhan shoved him away.

“Okay…okay…” Sehun couldn’t believe how happy he was, nor was his brother, Luhan.

Luhan mentally smacked himself. I don’t know how this would lead, but as long as Sehun was happy. I’d love to support him whole-heartedly as his older brother.

 

At school, chatters were heard occupying the place. Sehun stormed inside like there was no tomorrow. With his eagle’s eyes, he looked for Krystal. Krystal was wearing her poker face and played with her phone.

“Krystal?” Sehun peered at her and lowered to her eye level.

“Oh Sehun! You startled me!” Krystal rubbed her chest, “My gosh.” She laughed.

“Annyeong~” Sehun smiled sweetly.

“Annyeong” Krystal looked moved while looking at his eye smile. She smiled meekly.

Sehun sat beside her while Taemin was not yet arriving.

But, Sehun could feel it. It was that far-off distance between them. There was still a barrier but he knew that it could be softened. He loved to be with her, so it didn’t matter.

Sehun then leaned on her ear and whispered softly, “I love you.”

Krystal blushed. “Me, too.” She said, dismissing the thought to not cloud her mind.

“Truth is…I felt like I’m the happiest person in the whole, wide, vast, world.”

“I could feel it.”

Sehun seized for her hand.

She flinched and tried to shoo his hand away. She was feeling awkward with skin ships.

“I’ll wait until you could be comfortable with me.” Sehun assured, not putting pressure on her.

“I know.” Krystal nodded, her attention diverted to her phone. She couldn’t look at Sehun nor could he even give back the attention she’s getting. She felt guilty most of all.

But, she knew she was selfish. This was the only thing that could guarantee her happiness and claim her pride after all these times.

If it’s you, I know that I could fall in love again. That phrase again. Krystal could never give up. She barely moved on with that. But, Choi Minah would still be his love. Maybe, fate was intertwining her and Sehun.

Maybe, it was her destiny. This was it for sure.

She placed the three-key lucky charm on her bag. She looked at it and smiled softly, gazing and admiring its grandeur.

“What is that?” Sehun peered.

“This…is what Kai’s noona’s gift to me.” Krystal said, honestly.

“You should not associate with Kai anymore. As your boyfriend, I know that you’d get hurt.” Sehun patted her back. “But, I’d be here to ease your feelings. “ He comforted.

“I know that.” Krystal ruffled on Sehun’s soft chestnut brown hair.

“Yah! No one could touch my hair!” Sehun blushed pink.

“Really?”

“Auuh…except, you.” His childish acts were too adorable.  “I really hate you for making me feel this way.”

“What way?”

He placed Krystal’s hand on his chest. “This heart behaves this way because of you and the only thing that could ease me is to DECLARE our relationship to the WORLD.”

“Are you crazy?!” Krystal put her hand on his mouth. “Don’t you ever… I’m not ready yet.”

“Why?” Sehun questioned.

“Because…because…  I don’t want to be hated by your fans and I don’t want you to get hurt because of the boys flocking all over me.” Krystal gave a half-hearted confession. Her heart and mind was feeling guilty all together. She knew that if he’d announce it, she knew that NOTHING could stand in their way.

They were being paired by fangirls and fanboys all over the school.

 But, there was something that Krystal was holding back on. She wished that it would be better if there was nothing. But, she couldn’t help it.

Sulli slapped Krystal’s desk with her hand. “Tell me seriously.” Her curious eyes were looking for answers. “Are you two..official?”

Krystal blinked rapidly, and tried to shake her head.

“I don’t believe you.” Sulli scowled.

“Gosh… I couldn’t really hide it to you.” Krystal muttered. She nodded, not being obvious to others.

“WHAT ABOUT?! And, I’m being a Kaistal shipper.” She frowned, cheekily.

“Stop with that. I’m moving on…”

“Just don’t hurt yourself.” Sulli uttered her concern. She was being a trustworthy friend, yet again. “If he hurts you one thing or another, I’ll beat him up.” Sulli gave a ‘fighting’. She went back to her seat, not far from Krystal’s.

And without them even noticing, Kai was absent. The teacher dismissed it as he was paying a visit to his parents back in the province.

“Is she coming back?” Sulli was having her heart racing. “Could she be?”