twenty.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Infinite- Julia

The only thing I hoped from you was just a couple of words.

The only thing I hoped for was to have the same point of view as you.

The thing I hoped for you was to be together.

Taemin rode a bus, going to the mystical place- a restaurant at the end of the town. He was busily checking for mails or texts from his brother, Heechul or to the investigator he seldom wanted to vomit at the sight of him trying to know more of who Kim Jong In is.

He tried to arrange his messy bangs into place, as he looked outside. He was already there. He saw a man with a nice build, making his way through the people at the outside of the street. He walked back and forth, trying to know if Taemin was already there in action.

Taemin tried to wave back, uneasiness filled the air as he saw how agitated the man looked like. Was he ready yet to find the truth? Perhaps, he was butting in to other’s business. But, he felt like he needed to do so. He was never really interested but as he observed Kai, he was more like him in the past. He was trying to stay away from the past that slowly devoured him whole if only not for the sense that Sulli and the others were watching him, from then, he moved on.

The man ushered him to go to the outside. It was already past seven.

Taemin had a busy day, trying to see his first love off, trying to cheer for a tall young girl as the match ended when he came. He tried so many times to get close to her, but it seemed that it was not right. They were still kids, busy and preoccupied by problems.

“Yungsoo-nim, so what did you find out?” Taemin pulled a chair as the man in front of him tried to let out piles of paper Taemin didn’t notice at all.

“Well… Young Master Taemin, it was really odd. I was trying to know about his past but I just found myself trying to know more of an accident from years ago, back when you’re just in middle school.” There were odd actions done by Mr. Yungsoo, the butler and an old friend of Taemin’s dad.

“What is it, Sir? I really wanted to help that friend out?” Taemin creased his forehead and saw the man about to say the truth, getting sweaty.

“It was an unfortunate accident. It was a really sad accident. I never thought that such a kid would die just yet.”

“What kid?”

“Well…it was…that there was this girl… whose family got bankrupted leaving the family homeless, hopeless and desperate. That girl saw her parents to commit suicide in front of her.”

“Wait…wait, what’s up? Why is it about her, I’m trying to investigate about K—“

“…She used to be Kai’s girlfriend. “

“No way. Can I see her photographs?” Taemin tried to look at the photos. She has a striking personality like Sulli’s. “She really do look like Sulli.”

“But, Sir, this girl… She used to be an aspiring soccer player. She used to be Choi Jinri-ssi’s friend when they were in elementary. “

“Sir, I don’t want to anymore. I’m feeling more and more disgusting.” Taemin pulled the chair and stood up. “Kamsahamnida.”

“Yes sir, this is nothing but… why don’t you just ask about it from the person concerned?”

Flashbacks

It was even before the time when Kai and Taemin were in Geun Young’s hospital room. Taemin was looking at the peaceful Kai holding his noona’s hand tightly as he slept on her bedside. He heard a beeping sound, it was Kai’s.

“What’s up with him? Not, turning this off.” He tried to see his cellphone. “Oh, what could be his secrets, huh?”

He tried to look at the inbox. His cellphone had saved messages even from the past. “Oh, he must have saved these emails. Such, a long time ago.”

He tried to look at one of the message: It wrote there:

Sender: ---

Jong In-ah, do you fear dying? Ever since I met you, I didn’t fear it. I used to be your friend and now, I’m your girlfriend. I’m really happy. But, look at me right now, I wanted to die. Please save me Jong In-ah.

It felt so creepy. Taemin again saw a girl’s photo.

“What’s with this? It felt like Sulli.” He twitched his brows and then looks at more of the photos.

He saw three people trying to make a picture of a nice picnic in the park. The two girls resembled each other; they playfully try to write pictures in the sand. There was a young man about their age, no it was a boy. He playfully tried to play soccer with the other girl. And, so that was the piles of pictures go.

“What’s up with this?” Taemin was far more confused. He just tried to see for himself the message that Sulli left for him.

Sender: Choi Sulli 010-XXXXXXX

What’s up with Geun Young-unnie? Please, I really wanted to make sure, she’s okay.

And, so, you’re the boy from back then? What’s up with my cousin right now? I’ve never seen her since back then.

Taemin tried to lay down the cellphone next to him.

End of Flashbacks

Taemin left the restaurant, with still awed eyes. He couldn’t believe the dark secrets he had begun to unravel. He didn’t intend to get involve, but there was something more to it. He came back at the empty box called a mansion by many enthusiasts.

He tried to lie down on his bed, so tired after a day. It would still be convenient if he would keep this a secret from everyone. He would not try to open the box because he is not Pandora.

Oh Residence

“Yawn.” Start of the day still, the busy schedules got to pile up yet again. Sehun woke up with a feeling of draining energy. He stretched out his hands as he waved to his brother, Luhan. He tried to look at his parents, who were grinning still at him, he couldn’t get a clue.

“So, our Sehunnie is already…. Uhmmm… having a crush on someone?” His mother tried to give him a bowl of rice.

“Who told you that?” Sehun glared at his brother, Luhan who was busy eating.

“Hey, I didn’t know it until I got the idea. So, you were after all really interested in her?”

“No way.” Sehun blushed. It will then all get messed up because of his crazy family.

“But, I thought that he’s dating with our ace player.” Luhan tried to more.

“No way. I’m giving up. I’ll make them---“

“Eomma, Appa, Sehunnie’s going for it.”Luhan jumped in joy as his brother’s secrets were revealed red-handed.

“Yay! Our Sehunnie’s a man now.” His father complimented him.

The busy days of his family made her to notice what Krystal was about to tell him. He walked with his brother till they reached the school. Since his father is already a senior, they were not on the same building. They had different preferences, also they had different sports. But, now, he saw his brother, the team captain, trying to coach Jung Krystal about the easy know-hows of soccer.

“Jung Soojung-ah, try to kick it AS IF your life depended on it.” Luhan was laughing at Sehun, who couldn’t do anything as he saw his brother already getting close to him.

“Roger that!” Krystal shouted and tried to make a goal. But, it seemed to fail. Sehun saw how determined Krystal was, even as far as trying to consult the team captain. “Arrgghh… I really needed to be a regular player.”

“You couldn’t do that. With such a short time, you couldn’t. It would be more than a month now and the coach would be choosing qualifiers from the soccer tournament coming up next month.” Luhan explained it with serious eyes.

“But, I needed to. Or else, he would be disappointed.” Krystal thought of Kim Jong In. “Ahh..really? Why is playing soccer very hard.”

“It’s not hard. You just needed time.” Sehun tried to be courageous and said it to him. “You couldn’t get something without trying to sacrifice another. If you wanted to, you could not get it like buying stuffs.”

“Nicely said, Sehun. But, you could be quite good since you’re athletic.”

“Chincha?” Her face glistened.

“No, it’s just you need to practice, practice, practice.” Luhan waved bye at them. “The class’ going to start. Bye, you two.”

“Aish, I really needed to make it.”

 

Sehun saw Kai trying to drag Krystal yet again out of the soccer field. Sehun tried to glare at him but he couldn’t match up to his cold stares. He could devour a person’s whole being if he wanted to. He slowly dragged Krystal. “It’s about time already. Change.”

Krystal nodded and voluntarily followed him. “Hey, did you see me? Have I improved?”

“You couldn’t match with them yet. Forget about that, I’m already healed. I could go for the regionals right now.”

“Really? I would want to? Luhan-oppa said that I could do great. I just needed to practice.”

“No, don’t try to match up with the scary girls of the soccer team. They’ll just eat you.”

“How do you know? Are you concerned about me?”

“Why would I?!” He shouted at the top of his voice. ”Just, don’t exert yourself excessively.”

“It would be better if you could be hon---“ Krystal looked around. “Wait, where’s my bag?”

“It’s with me. Let’s go, classes’ about to start.”

Without any words, Sulli and Taemin were drawn more and more to each other. They were happily discussing things in class, like they were the only people in there. They were so happy but there was something not right, right now. It was Taemin being silent all of a sudden, as he saw Kai walking passed by him.

“Soojung-ah, good morning.” Sulli just greeted her friend.

“What’s up with today?” Krystal twitched his brows. “Why is he so kind to me?”

“Oh, could it be… that he’s falling for you already.” There came Sulli’s intense giggling at the point of rolling to the floor.

“Hey, you’re embarrassing me. It couldn’t be. Hey, why are the unnies in the soccer team scary?”

“They’re not scary. They’re just fighting like crazy because they all adore Kai.”

“Huh?”

“Yeah, they’re like es. They wanted to get close to him, so you better get far away from them.”

“Ohmygod, it felt like war.” Krystal’s eyes blazed involuntarily. “I would be by his side…”

A double update~ Enjoy~

We're getting closer and closer

To a perfect love

But being perfect, means making the imperfections something to not mind.