fifteen.♥~

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

One. Two . Three.

It started.

An Impossible Life Love. That 'no one' could have.

It was a windy day as the leaves of the trees tried to sway around, shadowing Kai’s sight of the holy graveyard. He looked up at the Statue of Mary at the heart of the cemetery. He began to scan his vision of the sacred place. The field had on it, a countless number of more tombs.

He took a step, and then let out a heavy sigh. He grinned momentarily as he closed his eyes. He touched his suffocating chest, “I could do this.” He believed at himself but something so heavy could make his heart waver and harbor more of the sadness.

The air felt so tensed up. It was as if souls were watching his each and every movement. He sought after the tomb. A picture frame was on it. Kai bowed down and burned some incense. He noticed more bouquet of flowers already lying on the surrounding place coming from anonymous people. His expression… looked pained.

It had been years that he came here. He changed. He noticed it, too. But, he should fulfill his promise. It was the only thing that matters the most.

“Sorry…that it took a long time for me to come back.” He whispered to the air. “The seasons really do change. Are you happy right now? I hope so…” He sulked.

As time passed by, Kai remained standing. He stood still until the skies dimmed and cried.

He also did cry. The pure tears were not noticed due to the dark weather.                                

He left there, still full of regrets. It was just 4:00 pm. He had an appointment with Krystal.

Kai hailed a taxi then went off to the destination. As he arrived, still with soaked clothes, his expression shifted to an indifferent one. The more of his knocks at the gate would only cause pain on his knuckles.

“Kai…” A girl with a towel hanging on her shoulders welcomed him. She dragged him over the soccer field. Kai just let himself get dragged. “Ahjusshi, give him clothes.” Krystal asked the butler. She looked at Kai’s hurt ankle. “Is it alright now? I’ve heard from Luhan-oppa that they’ve won. They wanted you to participate for the regionals.”

“Yeah…” He just nodded. His gaze looked so blurred but the hyped up Krystal didn’t want to in.

“Kai…”She squeezed Kai’s hand. But, Kai didn’t notice her. It would be better if it would be Sulli, right? Kai…

Kai was not into it. He refused to change his clothes but accepted the towel prepared. But, Krystal nagged at him and was forced to change on the sweat shirt and pants.

As Kai thought him some of the game’s tricks and mechanics, it still seemed impossible for Krystal. But, she was working hard. The sweat and scratches from practicing toned her body and heart. “Kai… I hope that I could be one of the regulars.” She smiled at him. But, Kai who was standing still in there, kicking a soccer ball seemed to be not there. “HEY!”

“Oh…” He quickly replied. “Sorry… but let’s call it a day.” Kai looked at his watch. “Practice more. Goodbye.”

“Hey… does it really hurt that you’re spending time with me? It’s really better, right? If you are with Sulli…. I…I always noticed that you smiled a lot. “

Kai just continued to walk away. He got his soaked clothes from the butler who didn’t know what was happening.

“KAI!” Krystal screamed. But, he just continued to walk. “Why? Do you hate me so much?”

“I… I don’t hate you. It’s just that I have some problems today.”

“Kai…” Suddenly, Krystal felt the pain from her stomach. She felt the numbness from her body. “Wait… up…” She crouched, stumbling at the ground in pain. “Kai…” Tears ran down her face.

As soon as she woke up, Krystal felt pain from her head. The butler came at her aid and served her with a buffet.

“Young Miss, you’re really trying hard that you forgot to rest and take your lunch.” The butler supported her to stand up.

She looked around. She wanted to find the person that she knew would never be aware of her existence.

“Where is Kai?”

“Huh? Outside? He’s worried for you. Lee Taemin- young master and Miss Sulli also came.”

“Sulli?” Krystal smirked. “Ahjusshi, I’ll go there and we’ll eat this full-course buffet. Together. Hehe.”

She jumped and hopped so the butler won’t notice that she was dismayed that Sulli was there.

Taemin, Sulli and Kai were talking downstairs. They were all worried to the news that Krystal collapsed.

“You are overdoing it, Kai.” Taemin glared at him.

“Why is it? She’s the one who’s trying so hard.”

“But, being in one of the regular player, you have to have experience and skills. Why are you so selfish? You could have asked a lighter compensation for your not-really-hurt ankle.”

“Don’t on other’s business.”

“What?” Taemin reached for his collar.

“Hey, stop it the two of you.” Sulli tried to ease the two beasts trying to bite each other.

There came Krystal, with shock and hesitation on her eyes, she tried to come closer.

“Krystal!” Sulli jumped to her arms. “Ah… I’m happy that you’re fine.”

“Yeah.” Krystal gave off one of her smiles. She’s sincerely worried. How could I get angry at her? “Have you eaten?” She looked at the three of them. But, the two guys’ aura seemed to still be against each other. As Krystal looked at them, she laughed hardly. “Hey…let’s go to the dining area. Ahjusshi, please do the honor of guiding them.”

Dining Area

 

The atmosphere at the dining hall was filled with menace and uncomfortable aura. Kai sat next to Sulli, which was opposite of Taemin and  next to him is Krystal. The butler served them with delicious and nutritious food which could revitalize their energy to get ready for more.

As the butler exited, Krystal tried to ease out the atmosphere. But, as she noticed it, Sulli was properly tending Kai. They giggling and chuckling together. Compared with Kai’s reaction towards her, she seemed to just be a burden for him. She grimaced.

Lee Taemin who was quietly looking at the two busy people, who looked more like lovers, caught a glimpse of Krystal’s pouting. Taemin touched her forehead. “You’re fine, right?” Taemin laughed a little bit. “Get well and rest, Oppa’s here for you.”

“Yeah… Oppa… I’ve heard from Hee---“With the sudden mentioning of Kim Heechul, Taemin dropped his spoon and fork. He began to open widely his eyes due to shock. “I’m sorry…”

“No…no…” He began to pick up the dropped utensils as Sulli quietly watched him.

He’s still on a trance state. He’s still not well. “Kai, you looked pale right now. Did you catch a cold?” She began to tend Kai more. She didn’t know what to do and was only venting her care towards Kai.

In which, the tall guy finally took notice of. She caught Sulli’s thin hand about to check if his head was hot. “You don’t have to care for me like that… Jinri-ah.” Kai released her hand. “I’m fine.” He smirked a little.

Krystal just watched the two of them. Taemin whispered to her ears.

“Krystal, quit practicing football. You’re not meant for it.” Taemin neared his face towards her. He was just a bit closer, scanning her eyes which showed no guilt or horror. “Pfft.” Taemin laughed hardly. “You’re really into it.”

“Neh.” She just nodded. She began to dig up again without caring about proper etiquette.

“Yah! Slowly? Are you even a girl?” Taemin couldn’t believe this young girl.

“Oppa!” *Cough* Krystal felt like choking. Kai poured water on the glass and handed it to her. “Thanks, Kai. Oh, by the way, since… could I ask a little favor?”

“What?” Kai twitched his eyes. “What’s with you?”

“Can I call you by your first name?” Krystal’s eyes waited for the answer. Her puppy eyes were so irresistible, that was part of her charm.

“Yeah, YOU could…That name doesn’t signify anything anymore…” Kai just shrugged. It was true. His name or how one would call him doesn’t do anything important to him. Not anymore, this day was really painful for him.

Sulli just quietly stole glances at Lee Taemin.  She watched how he looked at Krystal, talks with her so casually and wanted the small space next to him. Oh, yeah, I haven’t even tried to call him an Oppa. He repeated the year but still… he’s a year older than me. Should I?

“Aish, I’m so full.” Kai stood up and strutted to the door. “Sulli-ah, it’s getting late.”

“Let her eat.” Kai’s and Taemin’s eyes met again. There was a strong repulsion between them. It felt so strong.

“I’m also planning to go.” Sulli tried to catch up with Kai. “Hey, Kai! It’s unwise to go like this. What’s with you today?”

“It’s nothing.” He let off a fake smile.

“Do you think that it would work for me? I could see through you.”

“Wait up, I’d check for my phone.” Kai suddenly looked for her phone on his pants that were still soaked. “Oh, here. What? 50 missed calls?”

“From whom is that?” Sulli got curious also.

“Geun Young-noona?”

Suddenly,  they saw Lee Taemin running outside. “Oppa!” Krystal tried to call him but he was in a hurry.

“What happened?” Sulli was really clueless.

“We… we have to go to the hospital.” Kai’s hands were shaking. “Geun Young-noona…she collapsed. “

“What a stupid joke is that.” Sulli was also shaking as she looked at the nervous Kai. “Hey, Kai! What happened?”

“It was a voicemail from a doctor of XXX hospital. It seemed that she was not completely healed.”

“But, why did Oppa ran?” Krystal also questioned Taemin’s strange behavior.

“I don’t know. But, let’s go as well.” Kai hailed a taxi. It was still raining and yet, his face was filled with horror. “Sulli-ah, don’t come anymore. Don’t involve yourself too much. You too, Krystal. You’re not in a perfectly good shape.”

Kai left both of them. The butler didn’t allow the two of them to go.

Kai’s POV

I thought she was perfectly healed. Perfectly fine, are those smiles and chuckles fake? Is it just to cover up for the pain? Noona! I don’t want to lose you, not another loved one.

Flashbacks

It was when I was still in Seoul. It had been months since that person died.

It was when I kept on locking myself out of the world. I tried to compose songs and poems in my prison-like room. I felt so horrified to myself, I felt so inferior.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, she came butting into my business. My noona, my very first friend. She was my cousin, she was not mature or there’s nothing so charming about her.

But, as she came to look after me, I had found a confidant. It was the first time that I cried in front of someone since that ‘chingu’ died. I cried till I wear myself out.

She’s really important to me. I don’t know how I could have survived until this day. It was all thanks to her.

“Noona…” I arrived at the hospital. With heavy footsteps, I found my way to her room. She was there, immobilized. She was with a man beside her. Thank God she was not alone.

That man tried to squeeze her hand. She was suffering. I could see.Tears came running. I didn’t think that I could see her suffer like this. She would be hospitalized again. I wouldn’t be able to see her pretty face again.

 

“Jong In-ah…” She called out for me. She’s really an angel. Being able to smile with that limp body, she’s really something.

“Lee Taemin? Don’t you know how to give up?” Even if noona would see, I really wanted to punch this person.

“Heechul-hyung sent me here, to come at his stead. “

“Couldn’t he come?”

“No… I don’t know if he could still.”

 

/a/n/

I couldn't handle this. Oh, no more drama~ T_T

Haha. What am I talking about? So, that's it for Chapter 15~

Thank you for all of the support. Thank you for all of the subscribers.

Stay tuned. Really. I modelled Han Geun Young...to be like Han Geng. So kind~