eighteen.|Match and Jealousy|

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

We don't know how long it would take,

For us, to learn something so vague,

But, why is it that it's hard to learn how to heal the

Wounds of the Heart

Krystal was fidgeting in her seat, praying and wanting to cheer. She saw the image of Jinri wearing that tennis attire finding her way into the field. She looked over at her, with wide eyes, as Jinri sought after her coach. She smiled dazzlingly without fear.

“It was Jinri after all.” She said as she averted her gaze to where Kai is. He was after all with Jinri, helping her with all the things he needed in the match and giving her moral support.

Sehun watched Krystal’s every action. He was now the very first person to know that they were not going out after all, scratch that, he was the very first stranger to their life who knew of the secret.

Just after, Krystal and Kai already announced that they were going out to the people to whom they were accustomed to; the atmosphere became dark and gloomy. The cheers of the girls who ran around chasing Kai had already kept their mouths shut as they had known their place. The boys who were constantly looking at the princess-like Krystal had also kept their secret unknown to the girl of their dreams.

One of them is Oh Sehun. He is very quiet in their class, he seldom talks, but it is only to Choi Sulli. He found peace in talking to her as she was not like the other girls who also liked his pretty face. And in addition to that, she is her best friend.

Sehun just watched Krystal looking anxious. He couldn’t even hold her hand at times like this. He knew at the first instance that he was a sore coward.

Back to the action, Sulli got agitated as time passed by. She was waiting for this all along that she prayed and prayed that everything would go smoothly. She heard a girl’s high-pitched voice trying to cheer for her.

“SULLI-AH!!!! HWAITING!!” At the top of her lungs, Krystal shrieked. Everyone laughed so hard at her but she endured the embarrassment.

“Ahh….I needed to prepare.” Sehun stood up again.

“Why?” Krystal looked up at him. His face brightly shone in the sunlight as he was now so dignified.

“It’s my match just after Sulli’s.” He smiled and bid goodbye.

As soon as he took his leave, Krystal chased him and caught his hand. “Wait, here. A candy. It’s a good luck charm. So, better eat it now.” Krystal gave it to him as she got red all of a sudden.

“Yeah, I’d sure do.” Sehun waved at her.

In the airport, where many people go to and fro, sorrows and happiness surrounded it like a virus scattering in the affected area. Some bid goodbye, some said ‘Welcome Back’. Some tried to shake hands and some waved goodbye. It was just a uniform cycle as always.

Lee Taemin, stood with Geun Young and Heechul waiting for the departure time and leisurely walking around. Lee Taemin got agitated as the time came. It was already too late for him to catch up to the match. Sulli was already battling it. Alone.

“No, she couldn’t be alone.” Taemin fought with his own thoughts. “There’s Krystal, Kai and others, to support her.” He sunk his head down and tried to sit beside Han Geun Young.

“What is it?” The maiden’s smile carved in her face made Taemin ease himself. “Oh, time flew so fast. I’m sorry. We’ve really got here to early yet the flight’s…”

“You don’t have to blame yourself, noona.” Taemin grimaced. He leaned his shoulder on Geun Young.

Geun Young patted his head and ruffled his hair, making it messy.

“Hmmm… You’re really a grown-up now, you know? I’ve always seen you hanging around with your older brother before. I’ve never thought I’d really get involve into this.”

“Yeah…” Taemin straightened his back and sit upright. “Noona… why did Hyung want to…”

“To what?” Geun Young chuckled a little. “To go there and stay with me. It would be a 50-50 chance. It would be hard and agony would fill my mind. But, maybe, that’s why he is willing to come with me.”

“I’ve heard from our butler.” Taemin looked intently at Geun Young’s eyes. “Was it already stage 4?”

“Don’t mention it to him.” Geun Young looked at the busy Kim Heechul at the counter. “He wouldn’t be happy with that.”

“He’s contented now. I know it.” Taemin stood up and said, “Noona, Fighting! Come back here, alive and kicking.”

“Yeah…” They linked their pinkies and arranged for a promise. “I would miss all of you…” Geun Young, behind those smiles, there was darkness covered by it.

“Yah!” Kim Heechul approached them. “It’s time to leave, let’s go Geun Younggie.” He smiled as he grabbed Geun Young’s hands. “Taemin-ah, good luck, kay?”

“Yeah.” Taemin pouted and waved as they turned their backs on him. “So long that they’ve finally met. At least, the red thread of fate is not yet severed. As long as they are happy, I could let go freely.” he murmured unto himself.

Taemin hurriedly went to the car park. “Ahjussi, let’s go to the tournament.” He got too burdened that he couldn’t see or catch a glimpse of the victorious Sulli or is it that she lost? Those were his thoughts that kept on popping on his mind as he got jammed by the heavy traffic. “Aigoo… that match’s about to end already.” He peeped through the window. He looked at the weather and thought, “Is it going to rain tonight?”

 

 

As he was occupied by his own thoughts, the car arrived to the scene. He got off with his shaking legs as he marched to the inside. He was very scared to see her. Even more now, that Geun Young was gone.

There was silence in the crowd of tennis fanatics. Good thing, he brought his binoculars. “Now, where are they?” He caught the busy cheering Jung Krystal. “Oh, Krystal’s there?”

He ran his way to Krystal. He approached her into fast speed. She was shocked by the tired Lee Taemin from running. He sat by her side, as Krystal watched his every action with his eyes.

“Hey…aren’t you a bit late?” Krystal whispered to his ears.

“Waeyo? Did it already end?” he asked. Krystal nodded. “…Then, where is she? Well, that’s for you to know. Go there.” Krystal signaled him to go at the resting place for the players who finished the matches already. “Wouldn’t you come with me?”

“No, I’m still watching Oh Sehun. He’s pretty agile.” Krystal waved goodbye at him as she watched the match intently.

“Well, suit yourself.”

At the resting place, loud cheers where heard from some students. They were happily congratulating the winning playes. The scary unnies of Taemin’s high school surrounded Sulli. He saw them as he approached yet he couldn’t see Sulli.

“Congrats.” Everyone of them said. “Ahh, you really are the ace.” All of them .

“Kamsahamnida.”

“We’ll be going at the cafeteria downstairs. Think, we could all go together?” The Unnies invited her but she declined.

“I wanted some time alone for now.”

“Oh, well. Suit yourself. Let’s go, guys.” The captain at the other regular players walked their way.

There came Kai, hiding himself at the corner, now with a chance to talk to Sulli he came without further ado. He added a sports drink to her.

“Aish, you’re really good.” He offered his hand. Sulli shook it.

“What’s with that?”

“It’s a job well done. My father thought of it to me as a gesture. It also means ‘Thank you for being an acquaintance.”

“I don’t think, it really meant that way.”

“Is it?” He looked at the palm of his hand. “Oh, well. Maybe, it’s already a habit.”

“Haha.” She chuckled softly. “Ah, I really wanted to go on a vacation after all these stresses.”

“Yeah.” They both chuckled. Taemin just watched them talking comfortably with each other.

“Pfft. He’s really different when he’s with Sulli.” Lee Taemin commented.

“Oh, who’s there?” Kai twitched his brows. “Who are you?!”

Taemin got shocked as Kai all along knew that he was hiding there. As, he threw daggers on him, he got closer to Taemin. He hauled his hand and dragged him to sit with Sulli.

“Should have said you are there.” Kai walked on and left the two of them. He didn’t say his goodbye as he marched his way to the arena. They noticed his peculiar actions but they didn’t mind. They also don’t know his way of thinking.

 

 

“What’s up with him?” Sulli was shaking as she was beside Taemin.

“I…I don’t know.” Taemin also felt the same.

The awkwardness they put up on their own, they were really having a hard time with each other.

“Ahhh…What’s up with this development?” Sulli asked herself.

 

Kai went outside to the tournament proper. Loud cheers were heard from the other schools as their ace was being triumphant over Sehun. He watched Krystal getting hopeless looking at Sehun.

“Hey, Sehun-ah! Hwaiting!!!!” He shrieked at the top of her voice.

“You’re too loud.” Krystal noticed Kai sitting beside him.

“Grrr… I hate that opponent. He’s playing with—“

“—Don’t get too much occupied with it. It’s just a game. He could still have a reversal.”

“How’d you know?”

“Well…” Kai watched the match with his eyes already knowing the end. “Cause..he’s the ace?”

“Oh.. Krystal also tried to shut .

As Sehun’s match reached its peak, Krystal jumped into delight as Sehun caught up. “Wow…” She jumped and jumped and even Kai, who had nothing to do with it, experienced her stifling hug. “Yay! Sulli and Sehun won, they’ve won!” She was so happy that she didn’t know she was about to kill the poor young man.

“Ouch…” Kai said as Krystal let go of him. “You’re overj---“As Kai was just saying something, Krystal welcomed the tired Sehun as it approached him. “What’s with that Oh Sehun? I thought she liked Sulli?”

“Sehunniee….” Krystal hugged Sehun.

The boy was taken aback by Krystal. He felt his racing heart that he never heard to thump so hard like this. Before, he was just a bystander, waiting to be noticed by Jung Krystal.

He never tried to talk to his idol; he was very dumbfounded as he found that she was already going out with someone. He thought that he had a chance when he heard that they already broke up.

Now, he had a chance but it all ruined as Krystal had someone she likes already.

“Soojung-ssi…” He let go of her hug. “Kumawo.”

“Oh, it’s nothing. Haha. What’s with you? You look so red? Are you hurting anywhere?”

“No…no…”

 

“Yah!” Kai with his eyes glaring at Sehun grabbed Krystal’s hand. “Don’t go around with my servant. “

“Ser…vant?” Krystal looked sad as he mentioned that.

“Hey, the players are going to have a congratulatory party.” He said to Krystal. “Let’s also go.”

“Yeah…” She nodded in agreement.

“Well…I’d be going already. I think I don’t really like that I left the two of them alone.”

 

Kai let go of Krystal’s hand abruptly. Krystal clenched her fist and trying to suppress the tears. “Sehun-ah, I’m not going to cry.. I’m not really…”

“Here. Lean by my side.” Krystal bowed her head low, facing Sehun, as Sehun ruffled at her long hair. “It’s alright. I’m here.”

 

Sowee.. That, I updated so late~

I got too preoccupied with school works.

I thought that I could update yesterday but there are too many problems

I just had to update now on my leisure time

So, sorry, that it's not much of a development.

 

Okay, the Part Two of this would come next week.

Stay tuned.