thirteen.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

Standing like A Fool

Not being able to do anything

What do you think would be my feeling?

 

“Argggh…. My head’s been aching.” Taemin said as he massaged the aching part on his forehead. He shook his head as he tilted it to all directions.”Arrggh…”

It was still just yesterday, the memories of those moments kept on haunting Taemin’s naïve mind and heart.

He got freaked out and terrified to hear it. The most terrifying thing to be heard of.

It was never a fright but also not something one could accept easily.

“Geun Young- noona… The only girl I loved is alive.” He ran around his hair and tried to look go to the bathroom to check his reflection to the mirror.

“Noona… where’s she?” He continued to ask stupid questions to himself. He washed his face with the running cold water at that very breezy day. He had never felt this shivering coldness before. “I really wanted to see her again. But, the pain that I had gone through…”

There were loud knocks at the door. Bickering voices were also heard. They were quarrelling but Taemin didn’t mind them at all. He looked again to himself and said, “She…she’s back.” He slightly smirked at himself. His confidence backed up his hesitant heart and had gone to face the truth again.

Suddenly, the door busted open. It was Kai, the guy whom Taemin didn’t want to get associated with. He felt the strange aura around him but it was only ‘him’ who knew what had happened after Geun Young’s claim of dying.

“YAH! Where are you?” Kai jumped to Taemin’s bed and lied down. “Ah…so comfortable. It feels really great to be rich.” He said to himself as he pulled a pillow and hugged it tightly.

“Yah! Kai!” Another timid voice was heard by him. “Don’t go there. You even didn’t take off your shoes.” Taemin recognized the voice but he didn’t want to hear it this time.

Her voice would make his heart waver again.

He didn’t want to. He wanted the old times to be back. He wanted…no, he needed her again.

As he slowly entered to the bedroom, the two of them were already playing like elementary kids getting excited over something so trivial.

“Get out! “He glared at the two of them. But, as soon as he got to see Sulli’s twisted lips showing bitterness, he slightly smiled as he uttered, “I’m… I’m just kidding.” His voice was out of nowhere as he slowly got loose again because of her.

“Hey... What do you know about Geun Young-noona?” Kai was really frank. His direct words made Taemin stoned.

“Wai…Wait, how’d the two of you get in my room?” Taemin was speechless. The two (Kailli) just met each other’s eyes.

“Hmph. When you got drank at the middle of the night, who do you think brought you here?” Kai stood up and patted his shoulder. He then looked at Taemin’s desk filled with books of some sorts.

“Well…they forced us to stay for the night.” Sulli quietly put the bed into place again. “Sorry for the inconvenience.”

“Wait, how did I get here?”Taemin could feel the throbbing pain coming from his head. “Ahhh….can’t remember it.”

“Hey!”Kai grabbed his collar and cornered him against the wall. “Don’t play dumb!” Kai then looked at Sulli who got red all of a sudden.”Sulli-ah…”

“No…no…it’s no big deal.” Sulli waved at Kai. “Let’s get out of here.”

As she turned her back at him, Taemin felt her palpitating body. She was nervous. “How could she be like that?” Then, his mind was slowly filled with images.

“What did I do to make her feel that way?” He recollected his memories patiently and slowly, an image had made a huge impact.

It was on a night club. Taemin danced like never before for the first time. He was drunk after having some shots of wine. He was not a drinker so he could really fill the drunkenness. Out of the blue, he pulled someone as he ruffled her hair so passionately. He tried to… to… “Geun Young-noona…”

CHU~ It all happened like just a second again, then that transpired, that his mind went on fire as he tried to punch the wall.

“I’m such an idiot.” Taemin couldn’t believe the mistake. “Wait, she’s about to leave now.”

He ran from the third floor to the basement as he tried to outsmart the driver to catch up with the already moving limousine but he failed to do so. He fell flat on the ground as he tried to get up, he felt the strangeness of Sulli’s tone from the start and even her reaction that he had took advantage of her.

He even directly claimed that it was Geun Young.

At the car, Kai looked at the sullen Sulli. Her eyes were so watery. He tried to lean her head on his shoulders. “Why… it was your first?”

She nodded unthinkably. “He…he even couldn’t remember it.” She clenched her fist. “I thought that he finally liked me…even as a friend. I thought that he couldn’t do…it.”

“It’s alright. I’m here for you.” As he said those words of encouragement, Sulli burst out into tears.

“I…I COULDN’T BELIEVE MYSELF.”

“Don’t worry. This is why I’m here, just for you.”

WEDNESDAY

Another day for Jung Soojung. Another day of fright and at the same time excitement from all of the girl’s weird stares at her.

“Hahaha. I have him as my boyfriend now. What do you think, huh?” She proudly stood on her locker and saying it with only her eyes, the girls backed off as she quietly exited the place.

From every direction, she didn’t even bat an eyebrow to their ‘silly’ glares just for her. She never even cared about how they would make her a lone person.

She had Sulli. But, she couldn’t keep in touch to her. She was quite distancing herself from her a few days ago. She would slightly see her frowning on a corner of the room. Even the atmosphere when Sulli would coincidentally bump into Taemin, she’d avoid his attempts of talking with her and just shoved off him if he persisted.

Krystal didn’t know what to do so as Kai was with her soccer friend, Luhan and Sehun. She snatched him away from them like a tornado bumping on guiltless lambs.

“Really, Kai was big time, I knew it.” Both of them thought at each other.

Krystal forced him to sit on the stairs near the rooftop of the school. She looked at his figure and saw that he could know something.

“Hey! What happened between Oppa and Jinri?”

“Why do you care?” Kai tried to ran off downstairs.

“Yah!”But, Krystal pulled his hair now. He groaned in pain.

“Why do you even care?”

“It’s because I felt that she was kind of offended from Taemin-oppa.”

“Aish. I wanted that to happen. Why would I go against it?”

“You…you have me but you still wanted…want-..Su…SULLI” She said out of embarrassment, her stuttering voice made Kai chuckle.

“Hey…you’re really… We just wanted to have some time for the best of our lives. Thanks by the way.”

Kai went downstairs. He was fast as he ran like any other soccer player. But, Krystal insisted on pursuing Kai. She tripped his ankle while trying to make another step, she threw her body downwards but thankfully, Kai had caught her but he was the one who

FELL BADLY.

“Ouch…” Kai squealed as he rolled around in pain touching his sprain on his ankle. “My…my foot.”

“K…KAI!” Krystal called for the nurse as quickly as she could.

The scene shifted to the infirmary. Kai’s foot was bandaged temporarily and was advised to get a check-up from a physician.

“I’m sorry.” Krystal frowned as she tried to hold Kai’s cold hand. He fell asleep due to exasperation and from the pain moments ago.

“Kai…” Krystal moaned in pain. Meanwhile, the door busted open. There let out a tiny cry from a young boy. Krystal suddenly stood up and released Kai’s hand from her grasp.

“Luhan-sunbaenim.” The third year looked and greeted at her.

“What happened to our MVP?”

“I….I’m afraid that.. he would…not be able to play the tournament.” Krystal bowed her head. “I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry. I’ll compensate for it. I’ll ask—“

“You don’t have to do that. It’s just quite a disappointment.” Luhan quietly went out. He slammed the soccer ball violently. “Aish. What happened to Kai?! It has been his dreams. Really, he really had it big time.”

Krystal saw Luhan’s reaction. It was something to be expected from the captain.

After Kai has nearly opened his eyes, he called out for ‘Sulli’s name’.

“I’m sorry…” She heard a different woman’s moan. “I destroyed your dream again.” She said between the sobs.”

“Why? Is it because of what happened?”

“I’m sorry. You couldn’t make it to the tournament.”

“WHAT?!” Kai’s upper body went upright as his eyes widened in awe. “I… I couldn’t make it?”

“I’m really…”

Kai looked at her then to his injury again.

“Don’t worry but you have to compensate for it.”

“WHAT? I’ll do anything.”

“In just five weeks, the soccer games for girls will be held. In just five weeks, you have to learn soccer. And, be one of the regulars so you could join that tournament.”

“NO…no way. I’ve never even played even just once.”

“I know.” Kai winked at her. “I’ll personally teach you, Jung Soojung.”

“From the best of the best?”

Going Back Home

Taemin was waiting for someone at the front of the gate. All eyes were on him as the other girls rolled their eyes to what he was up to. He just waited there, cannot be moved or be budged.

He quietly waited for the right time. He quietly smiled in confidence.

Suddenly, all of the girls from the tennis club were out except for Sulli. Taemin got worried so he asked for someone from the tennis club.

“Oh…Choi Jinri. She got to stay for the night. She needed to practice more because she was spacing out. She got yelled at and that is how she got into the mess.”

Taemin ran to the tennis courts. She saw a girl practicing serves and more. Taemin looked at her determined self. “Choi Jinri…the fault lies with me.” He quietly took his seat on the grass hiding from the bushes and just peeping through.

Suddenly, Sulli was already about to collapse. Taemin hesitated to help for a moment then, suddenly, someone came out of nowhere. It was Oh Sehun, one of Taemin’s respected dongsaeng. He showed concern to her.

Sehun piggybacked Sulli with a smiling face. Taemin got disappointed on himself.

“It was just a second.” Taemin just followed on Sehun carrying Choi Jinri.

Sulli and Sehun

Sniff. Sniff. Sulli was devastated.

“I’m sorry to drag you with this Sehun-ah, you’re really a nice chingu.” She wrapped her arms around Sehun while he was piggybacking her.

“Hey, it’s nothing. Kai really likes you and I even got to piggyback my idol back from middle school.” He weakly smiled.

“Thank you. I’m really happy that you’re a nice friend. I hope that he was also…”

“You know, what? I saw someone from the bushes at that time.”

“Who?”

“It was Lee Taemin. My favorite hyung.

“But…”