four.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

It is apparent that I am actually immature, I don't know what to do in front of her
Please tell me what to do, those who are in love

Would I get to hold her hands someday?
Would I get to kiss on her closed two eyes?

 

Taemin’s POV

Now, I’m with my older brother on a small clinic near the five star hotels. All eyes on us as they saw us entering with my brother piggybacking Choi Jinri, no one ever knows of my relationship with my brother. It was screwed for more than a year now. Simply because I am like Soojung, I despise my brother the most in this world and no words could explain my anger.

He now goes to the counter. The nurse who had obviously taken a liking to him brushes her hand against her hair which my brother found odd. I sat down on a vacant seat and just observed everything. Meanwhiile, as I am spending my time alone again, Soojung abruptly called me to check on the situation.

“Everything is fine, Soojung-ah..” I could hear her cries on the next line. “Do not worry. She just had a sprain. I would just send her home. Yeah, yeah.” He couldn’t help but to get his ears hurt from all of the irksome cries of Soojung. “Don’t worry. I’d take care of her. Yeah, yeah, oh..Alright.” Finally after more than thirty minutes, she ended the call.

I’m back to reality again and hear my brother calling out my name. I’m not really an irritating fella so I followed along. He dragged me to stay with Jinri as her parents are on a business trip.

“What do you want me to do with her?” I really didn’t want to spend the night guarding someone who just hurt herself. I glared at my brother who didn’t mind me. “Hyung… You know that I really hate you, right?”

“I know everything. But, you should know that…we didn’t end up together.” Kim Heechul, you are a sore liar. “I didn’t propose to her..she just came on her own and…” My brother interrupted what he was about to say. “Don’t get hurt about it anymore. Move on and don’t prolong the pain.”

“If we went to dine in the hotel, would our parents really be there?” My brother just looked at me. I madly twitched my eyebrows, waiting for him to reply.

“Of course not.  I’m the one who texted you. Sorry for that. I know that only three times you had seen them.” My brother was worried about me and sat beside me. But, I stood up and said, “I don’t care about them anymore.”

I left the room and goes to a nearby convenience store to get some refreshments. I’m not scarred for life. I’m not bitter about them. I’m just fine the way I am right now and nothing could make my day until I find something interesting. These thoughts kept on repeating on my mind and that; I looked at the clock and saw it ticking past the curfew hours.

I came back with a bottle of cola on my right hand and seemed like; I was the only one present. I saw my brother crouching on the little sofa for he stood as the guardian of the sleeping beast.

“Aish..Choi Jinri, you really are a handful.” I saw the sleeping her. It is surprising that I sneaked in this little clinic just to sleep here if the nurses saw me, they’d be freak out. Oh..well..might as well, spend the night here.

“Choi Jinri…” Oh..she had mole on her face. She looked very peaceful while sleeping. She had a cute side to her as well. Every girl does have. If you’d see her like this, monsters would come getting drawn from her adora---

Lee Taemin, what are you doing? Praising someone, you don’t fully know and..and..you have a girlfriend. “I’d just go home for today. I think I’m going to lose my mind, if I stay here longer.”

END OF POV

Sleeping like a silent bear, Choi Jinri seemed to be harmless. She woke up not knowing anything that had transpired and just looked at her mother’s face gazing upon her. “Are you alright, Sulli?” Sulli tilted her head and looked at the surroundings.

“Why am I here?” Jinri bolted upright. She was stopped by her mother.

“Don’t worry, Jinri. You are at good hands. You fainted due to fatigue. Someone brought you here but he didn’t give his name.” Jinri smiled lightly as she remembered the back of that man where she buried her face. “Why are you blushing?” Her mother caught her and she touched her hot face.

“No, mom, I’m alright. Haha. I’d go clean myself. Ouch..” Her sprain was hurting again. “Oh..this really hurts. I need to go to school.” Jinri was worried again. “Umma… did you see the man who carried me here?” Jinri who was staring blankly into space again looked at the window and caught a glimpse of her reflection. She was as red as the strawberry.

Her mother, who was very fond of her only child ever since she was born, knows everything about Jinri and that she couldn’t even doubt her own speculations. “Do you like that guy, Jinri-ah?” She brushed off her dark hair whilst looking at her stubborn daughter not speaking a word and into total silence.

“Of course not, Umma. I just…just thought that if…I could find a boyfriend, I’d wanted it to be like him.” Sulli tried to feel her throbbing heart and her mounting up whims. She couldn’t look straight at her mother who not more than a minute, she’d know everything that would be coming into her head.

“Jinri-ah, I don’t want you to marry older guys. Also, I think that guy is already dating someone else.” From the looks of things, Jinri’s mom is the most intuitive and keen in the sense if the topic is none other than- love. She would guess every scenario on television dramas and would proclaim to already see the ending.

“Mom, your love for dramas are really massive. Who would know that you’re also a career woman?” Jinri heaved a sigh and tried to contract her swollen ankle. “Ouch… oh..school was just starting yet I could not even find my bearings.” Jinri got lost in thought of her situation.

“Don’t worry, Jinri-ah. Soojung would be visiting you. Let’s go home now.” Jinri changed her dress. She now wore a knee-length skirt with a leather jacket easily frilled with a yellow ribbon and her shoes were not that expensive but classy. She had the best style on her hair getting it up and putting on a matching yellow ribbon as a sign that she was ready to go. She pulled her mother’s wrist and tried to lead her to the exit though her sprain was as well aching.

“Do..don’t rush me. I’d be paying for the bills.” Her mother went instead of the exit but to the counter. She saw the slacking nurse who was idling around chewing bubble gums. Her mother’s sense made her believe that she was on diet and that due to the only small amount of people frequenting the clinic, she could do anything at her free time and that her mother would always comment to Jinri, “Jinri-ah, good thing you are always on the tennis club for goodness’ sake, I don’t want you to be crash dieting in the near future.”

The nurse who was quietly processing the papers got to know that she was being touted; she hurriedly processed them and dropped all of it harshly on the desk. “Good work.” Her mother smirked with a playful tone and asked Jinri, “Don’t you diet, huh?” The nurse who was very particular couldn’t believe the tone of a patient’s mother.

Jinri now wore off her shoes and looked at the casual style of their home. It was just a nice 2-floored building with a homely feel and that only three people quietly houses it, not including Jinri’s nanny who is present there for Jinri expects her mother to go on a business trip yet again.

“Umma…where’s dad?”  Jinri went near a yellow-colored couch and sat there. “It had been a while since he left home.” Jinri beheld at their family picture near the desk, lift it up and sneered as she saw it.

“Well…your dad tried to go here also. But, Mr. Jung wants him there. He needs to be a good assistant.” Her mother frowned a little bit. She tried to change the topic and went on to the kitchen place, being assisted by the house nanny, “Oh…what do you want, huh? I’d cook for you so I could peacefully go on my trip.” Jinri was just looking at the picture frame quietly.

 

Choi Jinri making most of the time remembering the past

It had not been too long since I entered high school. Then on, now I remember the past when I, my father, and my mom were leaving on a small apartment on the outskirts of Seoul. My father with his long mustache would count the cents he was keeping from mom saying to me, “Jinri-ah, one day, not far from the future, I’d be wearing a tuxedo, Haha.”My father said as he touches his mustache to the nine-year-old me.

My mom would then arrive as she was working on a small firm, getting worn out and smelling the nice food my father had prepared. She’d have a wide grin drawn on her face as she reached out for me for a hug then kisses my father on his cheek. My father would then blush and would go to the kitchen and serving mom a large bowl of rice.

My father would then lift me and my mom would then give me a spoonful of rice, “Yum. Yum.” I’d be saying.

Not until, my father befriended Mr. Jung and that from then on, my father would be saying to me, “Next time, Jinri.” That was his favorite line whilst poking my forehead. He’d usually send me a lot of packages from then on; I never believed that those days would come back.

 

“Jinri-ah, why are you not touching your food?” Now, from the looks of things, Jinri was now dining with her mother who was also about to leave after five minutes. She looked worried at her well-being and touched her. “Are you really fine?”

“I just don’t have much of an apetite. Haha.” Jinri put her head down and wiped off the slowly forming tears. “Umma…when will Soojung arrive?” She sought for the company of a friend at a time like this.

“Oh..of course, maybe three or four at the afternoon. Oh..I’d be leaving.” Her mother didn’t even finish just one spoonful of rice.

“Madame, I would also be leaving. It’s my day off.” The house nanny also left Jinri alone and cold.

Jinri went upstairs and decided to sleep while dragging her sore feet against the ground. She didn’t mind how it would hurt her and jumped off to the bedside.

She hugged her rag doll which was her father’s own making and tried to went off to dream land.

4PM

Loud knocks and the rings of the doorbell awoke Choi Jinri. Her head was aching and forcibly opened the door. Jung Soojung jumped off on her arms. “Ah…Choi Jinri, are you alright?” She held her breath as this was Soojung’s type of hug-- the choking type.

“I…I couldn’t breathe. Soo..Soojung-ah…” The girl released her with a big merong~.

“Ah…Jinri-ah, I’ve brought lots of fruits and also fan letters. Oppa..Oppa!” Soojung hauled Lee Taemin to the inside of the house. He was just grumping on the gates of the house and was nearly going home not to the insistent Soojung.

“Wae?” Choi Jinri peeped and saw Lee Taemin. Her expression changed as that of being grumpy and sleepy at the same time. She dragged her foot again as she served the two of them refreshments.

Soojung who frequently visits the house just sat there in a nice manner. “Is your mom here?” She was after all afraid of her mom and taking notice of her etiquette.

“No way. She’s on a business trip. More of, I’m the only one here so you could do anything you like.”

“Pssh..Why am I dragged here?” Taemin said with a frown while rubbing off his sleepy eyes.

“Oppa, don’t be like that.” Soojung tried to cheer him up. “Heechul-oppa said to give her a message for him.”

“Heechul-oppa?” Jinri heard it for the first time. She just looked at the stubborn Lee Taemin and the forcing Soojung.

“You don’t know? He’s the one who carried you to the clinic.” Taemin said in a taunting manner. He observed Jinri’s dress, a one-piece one with a print of Jinri’s favorite, ‘Hello Kitty.’ He smirked a little, hiding it from the two. But, he noticed something far more intriguing, “Why are you blushing all of a sudden?” Taemin was in the verge of confusion. “Do..do you perhaps..like?”

“No. No. I’m just grateful. Can I meet him?” Jinri was really hopeful.

“No way, you could meet him already. He also went on a business trip. He said that the two of you could meet someday and he also wanted to know about your health.” Soojung relayed the message.

“You really are childish, Choi Jinri. Wearing something like that, in front of me. By the way, where’s my coat?” Taemin had his open arms.

“Oh…it is still in the laundry. By the way, sorry for that.” Jinri sat beside Soojung; she’s very apologetic.

“Well…what’s up with the coat?” Soojung who was feeling out of place asked. As the two looked at each other’s eyes, they retold the story and Soojung who worried for nothing just cracked up like it was a total joke. “Oh…so that’s it? Ahahaha.”

Soojung looked at the two archenemies’ expressions. Lee Taemin was irritated again at Jinri. He checks on her for about ten times due to the dress.

“Oh…first, I called her cute. Now, what?” Taemin couldn’t believe himself.

“Are you alright, Oppa?” Soojung caught him getting crazy.

“Yeah, yeah. Ahahahaha. So, Soojung, let’s go on a date by the end of the week.” Taemin bolted quickly and whispered it to Soojung.

“It’s alright but..you know that it is a secret, right?” Taemin just pointed at Jinri who was pouring water on a glass.

“Oh…Jinri-ah, can you come to our date?” Soojung’s eyes were very puffy. She watched her movements.

“Okay, fine. I’m the life saver again.” Jinri was again involved in the conspiracy.

“I owe you another one, Jinri. But, I'm really uncomfortable to seeing the two of you fight. I felt that I'm always stuck at the middle. " Soojung looked so irritated. Taemin just laughed it off.

"Well... don't mind it. It doesn't matter to me whether she would like me or not." Taemin chuckled more. His laughter sounds so truthful as he stopped realizing that for the first time, he was opening up and getting far more in the reality that he was having fun.

"Waeyo? You're really a jerk." Choi Jinri misunderstood his laughter. Taemin was just happy that he found happiness but in an odd way to put it all together.

Jinri lightly poked his face. "Yah! I'd get back everything you've done to me."

Lee Taemin held her wrist. Choi Jinri was taken aback and her heart toughly skipped a beat. While looking at his eyes, "You, you're really not a girl." Lee Taemin commented, still not letting her go.

"You...you let go of me." Taemin seemed to forget that he was in fact holding it. He began to release her and looked at somewhere else.

"The two of you... suits each other." Jung Soojung never had a feeling such as this before. 

Jung Soojung's POV

I'm just quietly sitting in here, admiring the tense up atmosphere, these two morons created. Well, I'm their friend still but I could see the happiness in Oppa's eyes.

For the first time, he acted like a child, taunting and mocking a young girl. He loves to tease me but not in that way. To me, just after he teases me, he would just say, "Sorry. I'd stop." Then, pat my back and gently smile.

But, to Jinri, I could feel the happiness in his chuckles like it would overpower the fact that he loves me.

After getting more and more of this, this is the first time that I had felt jealousy.

 

/a/n/

Okay, updated. Our classes are suspended so what to do? Haha. >.<

Now, watching EXO Fantastic Thursday... Hey, EXOtics, come watch with me.

Haha. So, this a long chappie..Coz I know that, I won't be updating more if things get busy on my side.