.thirty.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

f(X)- Love Hate         

   Like a big wave, my heart drops

This unknown and silly fickleness

This is ridiculous

 

  It was the night Krystal was hospitalized. She was sitting arms-crossed on her bed, looking at nowhere. She yawned and felt bored once again at everything. She found her way to the presents her classmates had given her, short after she was hospitalized. She was surprised by the number of those with concerns for her. Little did she know that almost half of it was given by his concerned father that found his way to the news.

                Krystal laughed and was overwhelmed with the big teddy bear she saw while looking at her presents. She tried to stand up to cuddle it but her sprain got twisted again. Disappointed, she just tried to lie down while looking at her leg on a wrap. She missed sometimes being home. She missed being at home, talking to Sulli all over the night. She laughed while remembering the phone calls.

                She heard some knocks at the door. It was past seven already and she didn’t know that there were still visitors to see her. Her butler left shortly, excusing himself to get her clothes and food. She couldn’t figure out who it was. She gulped and calmly said, “Who is it?”

                The more the other person was keeping silent, the more that she was getting anxious to the situation. She couldn’t run or hide, she’s trapped. The door swung open as she tried to hold the vase tightly on her hands. “YOU!” She squealed.

                “Who do you think would I be?”, Kai looked at her intently in the eyes.

                “Well, I just thought that you couldn’t find time to visit~” She sang. She tried to look at the surroundings. She was for the first time alone with him in a room. Only they and no one’s interfering.

                “So…you do know how to be concerned?” Krystal chuckled.

                “What are you talking about? I just thought that this was the only time when I could ask you what happened to you and Sehun.” He said truthfully. He gestured to the sofa near Krystal’s bed. “You’re really rich.”

                “You’re one to talk---“She became silent for a while. “Wait, how did you know about me and Sehun…”

                “I just heard the two of you. I heard him crying as well.” Kai tried to lean his back on the sofa. He looked up and tried to hide his eyes with his arm. “How could Sehun be so honest and innocent?”

                “Hmph. So, you knew…” Krystal wanted to say something but something was hindering her. “About everything that happened, I knew that I became too pushy on you.”

                “You don’t have to worry about it.” He assured her with a smile. “Here.” He gave out a drink.

                “Hey, why did you give me something Sehun always…” She looked back at Kai.

                “Okay, I’ll say it. It’s Sehun who gave me that as well as he asked me if I could check on you casually.”

                “So, that’s it?”

                “Yeah.” He nodded as he scratched the back of his neck.

                “Hehe.” She smiled.

                “But, tell me. Is that serious?” He tried to point her leg.

                “Not as hurtful as that… scandal.”

Both of them stayed silent. They never thought that it would have the same effects on them.

                “I was kind of…how should you call .i…it?” She was stuttering. “Jealous?”

                “Krystal…from now on, I wanted the two of us to be friends. Let’s start to be buddies first.” Kai came forward and tried to shake Krystal’s hand.

                “What is the benefit of being your friend?”

                “Well…” He was thinking. “I could treasure you more than others.”

Krystal’s heart skipped a beat. Her heart was racing and couldn’t help but to blush.

                “Hey…earth to Krystal.” Kai was an inch close to her face. “Your butler’s back.”

                “Ah…is he?” She looked so absent-minded.

Kai left. He left Krystal hoping on some things to come with the declaration of friendship. She smiled and whispered to the cold air, “At least… this is better than being on a fake relationship.” She ruffled her hair. “I hope I could be in school.”

Krystal was permitted to attend the Cultural Festival. But, she should be helped by someone in order to have a somewhat normal feeling even if she has an injury.

                “My son could be of help.” The head doctor tried to in with Krystal and the doctor-in-charge’s conversation. “He’s also at the same year and same school as you.” She laughed loudly. “Please do say my regards to him.” Her hideous expression made Krystal even more puzzled.

Though Krystal was being cautious, it was really hard to act like nothing happened. She was wobbling on her walk.

                “Whoops, careful.” Sehun shyly supported her while Krystal just looked indifferent.

                “Thanks…” She shyly said. “Sehunnie…”

                “Geez, I don’t have anything to do. Your company made it clear to boost the popularity of the café. Thanks to that I don’t have to please the girls.” He waved at his fans.

                “You act like someone else Sehun-ah.” Krystal looked at his face. “Are you sick? Did something happen to you?” She tried to feel the heat from his forehead.

                “Pfft. Why? Did something really change?”

                “You’re being pretentious, Thehunnie.” She tried to slung her arm on his shoulders. He was taken aback and couldn’t hide the happiness.     

“Ei…your arm.” He tried to shove it away.

“Be my date for today.” She chuckled but Sehun just let it slide.

But, he wouldn’t want to make it obvious. For goodness’ sake, he was really fuming deep inside due to her just an inch close to him.

                “Hey, is that Kai? He also has a date.” Sehun pointed to a corner. It was Kai and another girl, somewhat a year older than him. They were at a gift shop looking for some cute things to buy. Sehun and Krystal spotted them window-shopping on the glass window of that shop.

                “Aigoo…. He’s really popular.” Sehun heaved out a sigh.

                “Whatever. Let’s go to the café?”

                “Shall we?”

                “Yup.” She nodded as Sehun tried to support her wobbling walk.

The place seemed authentic to everyone. It had caught the eyes of so many couples, visitors and campus couples alike were in there. They were having a good time with the Class A food and place. They almost gouged their eyes at the cheap prices in the menu.

                “Everyone, please eat. It’s all in the house.” Krystal who came with Sehun grinned as she proudly announced it.

                “Where’s Sulli?” Sehun asked.

                “Yeah, where’s Sulli?” She tried to ask one of the girls there.

                “Mnm… She went off with a guy somewhere.” The girl shyly replied.

                “Wow, she’s got a date as well.” Sehun was thinking who it was.

Meanwhile, Kai and his noona were having a good time window-shopping. They were having so much free time that they forgot the passing time.

                “You just came home after how many years…and to surprise me like this.” Kai tried to get off her arm on his shoulder.

                “Ei….don’t you miss your pretty noona?” Her noona was laughing hard. “My god, your school is good. Wait, did mom and dad meet you already? They are in Seoul right now?”

                “Yup, I met them…” He gave a lopsided smiled. “They announced that I’m going to meet her soon.”

                “Really? She’s still alive. After she hurt my Jonginie so much, she’d come back.” His noona pouted.                         

                “Stop it already. I’m glad…that she’s safe and sound. “ He gave a smile that he never had shown yet. It was very caring and solemn, different from the bright and charismatic ones he had plastered on his face before.

                “Do you still have feelings for him? After our parents do their best to hide her recovery from you, after you are traumatized when you thought that someone you love has already left you. “ His noona was nagging again. “Don’t you know how to move on?”

                “I don’t know anymore. Let’s just buy food for a while.”

                “Oh…look there’s a cute girl over there.” His noona pointed to Krystal. She was surprisingly radiating from his eyes. He never thought that Krystal could be this charming.

                “Oh…she’s with Sehun.”

                “You know them? Let’s greet them.” His noona dragged him over their table. Krystal who was sulking jolted upright when she noticed Kai and his noona approaching.

                “Annyeong~” She introduced herself. “I’m Jonginnie’s girlfriend.” She faked it. Krystal had this ‘I-know-it-already-so-don’t-effing-announce-it-so-bluntly face. “Just kidding, I’m his noona. I just came back from States.”

                “Just believe her. Let’s go already.”

                “Hey, let’s join their table.” They managed to squeeze themselves from the small table.

                “So…she’s his noona?” Sehun whispered to Krystal. Krystal nodded. “It’s good to hear, right?” Krystal unknowingly nodded.

                “Neh.”

At the back of Sehun’s mind, he had hoped that she wouldn’t have that expression. What is so wrong about Krystal that Kim Jongin couldn’t fall in love with her? Sehun fell so hard already. It was like every day that he repeatedly falls in love for her charms. Oh, god. He’s always mesmerized.

Her little gestures, her awkward smiles and laughters, her figure and silhouette. Everything was perfect. The only thing that could make Sehun turned off is that she chooses to love a man that even for the first sight already has a name inscribed in his heart. It was something profound already.

He’s taken by someone they don’t yet to know.

 

YAY! I KNOW IT.

Haha. SO I ALREADY DID AN UPDATE

JUST A CAUTION: THIS IS KAISTALxSESTAL focused.

Okay, Taelli + Yaera would be next.

Guys~ You gotta love this.

ANYONE HOPING FOR AN UNEXPECTED LOVE TO COME?

JUST HOPE FOR THE UNEXPECTED.

Annyeong~