thirty-three.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

In your arms

I felt love and in your eyes, I felt you.

Slowly, let's try to find love together.

 

“You can let go of me now…” Lee Taemin tried to set him free from Sulli’s surprise hug.

“I’m sorry…” She voluntarily let go. “Is this about Kim Yaera again?”

“No…it’s about something else.” Taemin just brushed off the topic. He scratched his head, ruffling his hair. “So…I thought you’re angry at me.”

“ME?!” Sulli began to remember how she acted in the morning at him. She blushed deep red. “It’s…just…”

“You’re really caring.” He patted Sulli’s head. “Well, I’d be going to tear those pictures away.”

“Huh?” Sulli seemed to be puzzled. She just went on his pace.

 

They went to the bulletin board. Lots and lots of photoshopped pictures were found. Taemin gasped as he saw the ample amount of trashes posted.

Sulli just followed him behind. She reluctantly held on to his arms.

Taemin tore off a poster. With the tearing sound of it, everyone diverted his gaze on the man who took it away. Out of sympathy, they felt that he was just framed.

He began to take out the photos, each by each. He tore all of it slowly. The students looked at Lee Taemin with fright. He must’ve been totally angry with the rumors.

“Listen, guys….” He began to speak. “Don’t ever think that Kim Yaera and I are going out. She was just impulsively creating her own dating schemes to get a hold of my family. Remember this.” His eagle eyes pierced through the dumbfounded students. They felt his anger gushing through his cheeks. They left, one by one as they tried to talk to each other.

The students themselves created another rumor that Kim Yaera was being the lunatic one out of the two.

 

Sulli was sitting on a bench. She just rushed off to the place to have some time for herself. She looked around the surroundings. Taemin left her behind announcing that he was getting drinks for them. Sulli just waited for him.

“Yah!” Taemin came by her behind to her surprise.

“Just sit here…” Sulli offered him the space next to her.

“Hmn?” Taemin sat. “Here.” Taemin gave a diet soda to her. She reluctantly took a sip.

“Thank you.” She heaved out a sigh. “Why are they so trying to make rumors? First was that Kai and I are going out. Second is with this Kim Yaera. And now, the third one would be Kim Yaera being a freakshow.”

“It must’ve been because of karma. Ever since she left me, I haven’t seen Kim Yaera. She just popped out like a bubble.” Taemin smirked a little bit.

“I must say…she’s just lonely.”

“Saying that to someone whom you hated hours ago.”

“I thought that…maybe, she just wanted attention.” Sulli commented. She tried to smooth her bangs and said, “I don’t think she intended to harm you.”

“But, the truth is… I don’t like her. She’s just pushing herself to the limits.”

“Why does she have to make everything complicated for me?” Sulli heaved out a sigh. Taemin drew himself closer on her face.

“Why is it hard on you?”

“….” Sulli was flustered. Yet, she just kept in deep with her thoughts.

Taemin was engrossed with his own cycle of thoughts. He was bound to really make some plans to assess Kim Yaera into someone worthy to be loved.

“Don’t you think you could just match-make her?”

“What?”

“I mean Kim Yaera…” Taemin was about to continue his words when suddenly, he saw Krystal waving at his direction.

“Oppa….Jinri-yah…” Krystal had a worried look. Though she was wobbling, she tried her best still, and the words couldn’t come out of her “mouth. “Yaera…Yaera got into an accident. She fell down the stairs!”

“What did you just say?” Sulli stood up.

“Everyone was talking about it. Right now, she’s being supported by Kai to the clinic.” Krystal tried to wipe off the forming sweat. She was wearing her apron still.

Taemin look at his watch. It was 1:00 PM. He even forgot about Kim Yaera for already five hours. He even forgot to take her out for lunch. And now, this happened. His heart was totally bothering him.

 

“Is she okay?” Krystal tried to nag at Kai who was the one who carried her to the clinic temporarily.

“It was not that of a fall. Good thing she was able to stop herself from continuously falling.” Kai tried to pat Krytal’s head. “Good thing we’re there.” Kai now pointed to Taemin. “She was looking for you all this times.”

“Why are the two of you there?” Sulli looked at Krystal. Krystal’s eyes awed. She rattled and tried to put her head down.

“Let’s just go inside for a while.” Krystal recommended. She hove Sulli inside.

“I’m not ready to see her.” Sulli whispered.

 

Yaera was not yet waking up. She had a calm and serene sleep for someone who had gone through a lot. Her eyes were teary and one could feel her pain all over her body.

“This isn’t something minor…but she’s on the cheering squad, right?” The nurse tried to talk to the four of them.

“Sorry but we don’t know.” Krystal was the one who did the talking. The other three just looked at each other, wondering if they knew something about Kim Yaera.

“Can someone call a friend of hers?” The nurse adjusted the bridge of her eyeglasses. Her forehead wrinkled and tried to ask herself if they could bring one.

“I don’t think she has real friends.” Kai spoke out. “She was trying to call her friends over where we found her already falling. No one came though they know that she was waiting for them.”

“Try to check on her phone.” The nurse asked Sulli to do so.

“Oh…she did call them many times.” Sulli redialed the numbers. The people on the next lines were included on Yaera’s gang of friends. They were summoned at the clinic one by one.

 

“We…weren’t her friends. She’s just….” One of her friends tried to prove innocence.

But, Krystal caught on her. “Were you the same people who spread rumors around that school that Sulli and Kai are going out?” Kai looked at her direction. He smirked, thinking how tough Krystal looked now. “Were you the ones who photoshopped these photos?” As evidence of that, she tried to let them see the photos.

“We were framed. We…were getting cash from her. She tried to blackmail us. We were…just doing what she wanted.” A girl with her ponytailed hair said. “And, we did not want harm on Taemin-oppa. We are his fans.”

“How were all of you framed?” Sulli got curious more and more.

“We’re not truly rich. Kim Yaera got a hold of our secrets that we were just working students. She checked our backgrounds right after we joined Lee Taemin-sshi’s fan club. We were afraid our boyfriends would know about this.” A blonde haired girl stepped forward. “We’re sincerely sorry for everything, Sulli-sshi and Kai-sshi.” She bowed a ninety-degree bow. Everyone followed behind her.

“I’m afraid all of you would be suspended.” Their adviser came as well. She was contacted by the nurse. “This school is a mess.”

“Everyone has the power to control this school.” The nurse whispered.

“Where’s my sweetie?” Behind their adviser was Yaera’s mother. She was contacted by the nurse. She got hold of the voice message and rushed off in the middle of a meeting.

She saw Kim Yaera in pain while lying down in bed. She leaned closer to her. She saw bruises and bandages around her daughter’s face. She grimaced and tried to caress her cheeks.

“Sorry….for being late.” Her mother’s tears dripped.

Meanwhile, Yaera opened her eyelids. She saw the concerned people peering at her. She got frightened at them but also somewhat moved. She thought that no one would be concerned about her.

“Mom…”

“What is it, sweetie?” Her mother tried to soothe Yaera. “Hungry?”

“Mnm.” She nodded. “Let’s take our lunch. Mom…you looked really skinny.”

“Work, sweetie. Work.” Some of her mother’s bodyguard tried to the mother and daughter out of the school clinic. Yaera’s leg was in a wrap. She was transferred to a general hospital immediately.

 

After some more day, the cultural festival came to a close. Everyone had a great time while doing the festival. The principal who just came back after dealing with some affairs gave his closing remarks. Afterwards, he dealt with Kim Yaera.

Kim Yaera after coming back to school was summoned by the principal himself. He included calling the Yaera’s so-called friends to receive proper punishments on their doings.

It was revealed that the Principal was also having his investigations done on these girls. It was found out that they were truly the culprits about those silly rumors.

 

“Aish…and the problem was gone already.” Sulli jumped into Krystal’s arms.

“Too bad Yaera could not join the squad.” She heaved out a sigh.

“Is your knee okay already?”

“Yes.”

“Hey…what did you and Jongin talk about as the two of you saw Yaera.”

“Hmn…he apologized.” Krystal said while not looking at her friend’s face. “For making me feel like this to him all the time, he said that we could start being friends again.”

“Aish…is that all?”

“What?” Krystal got flustered again. “Hmn…well, he said that he couldn’t wait for the time that he’d soon realize that he already fell for me.”

“Omo!” Sulli poked her head.

“Ouch!”

These two friends grinned while trying to get to know more about love. They did not know that love was getting the best of them.

The movie 2012 really did become a comedy.

Haha. Nothing catastrophic happened yesterday, 12/21/2012.

So, here another update.

iwaslaughingwhilelookingatmywatch, 12/22/2012.

It's already my Christmas Vacation, so yeah...I could update more for goodness' sake.