nineteen.|Three Men|

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Infinite-Can U Smile

With only my heart, I can’t seem to have you

I said to leave, I said I’m okay

In the end, it seems I could give you nothing but this

Looking at each other’s eyes, they knew that from the start that they slowly drew to each other. It was like a magical thread of fate, connected the two of them without prior notice. They tried to keep their calm and make decisions they had never known they were capable to withstood, right now again, wavering hearts made their way in choosing the future.

“Sulli-ah….” Lee Taemin tried to hold her wrist. “It looked bruised.” He tried to touch it and she shrieked in pain.

“Ahhh…Easy there. I was just forcing it to…” Sulli tried to just shrug it off.

“As if, I’m a man that doesn’t know how to cure this.” Taemin got a hold of the medicine kit. He tried to look at her once more, and he burst into laughing.

“You’re really a meanie.” She pouted at the sight of him laughing hardly.

“Okay, but, your look….” Taemin ruffled her hair. “It’s alright to say that you’re hurting.” He assured her again with one of those cute smiles.

“How did you live life when you knew that your parents divorced?” She was just curious but it was a pained question.

“I missed them a lot. But, I couldn’t say that to them because, I’m such an insolent kid. I’m really spoiled.” He frowned and held back his tears.

“I see…my father rarely comes home. He always had a burden on his shoulders.” She too was holding back.

“Hey, let’s stop this. Oh, look Kai is approaching. That kid, he doesn’t use honorifics when he addresses me. It really pissed me off.” He quietly pointed him as he finished bandaging the swollen part of Sulli’s wrist.

 

“Hey, the noonas were already calling for you. They’re going to a celebration party. We’re also invited Taemin-ssi.” Kai shyly looked at his hyung.

“Talk about time.” Taemin looked at his watch.

“Let’s go then.” Sulli smiled as she dragged the two outside of the resting place. “Ahh…. I’m hungry.”

The two shook their heads as they saw the crazy glutton Sulli wanting food.

Sulli came close to the waiting Sehun and Krystal. They were happily discussing things to each other. It was as if Krystal found a perfect match. Sulli tried to look at Kai’s expression. It was after all….

Indifferent, he never showed real intentions to Krystal even if, they proposed to be couple in the public. It was still the same old empty-hearted couple.

“What are you two doing there?” Sulli looked at them with questioning eyes. She looked again at Oh Sehun. “Why is Sehunnie like this? Was he really falling for—“Her thoughts were interrupted.

“Let’s go. They’re looking at the five of us already.” Kai looked upon the noonas watching them. They were all crazy to him. “Really, those noonas.”

“Sulli-ah, let’s go.” Sulli flinched as Taemin held her hand. Her face showed that she liked it.

“Mnmm..”She just nodded and off they go.

 

As far as those three, they awkwardly walk along each other. They never did have any conversation with each other. They were just watching each other’s footsteps.

“J…Jongin-ah, why did you say that I’m your servant?” Krystal, who was in the middle, couldn’t help but to break the silence.

“Because…that’s what I wanted to say.” Kai looked intently at her but Krystal couldn’t get a clue with that stare.

“So, it’s really like that.” She sunk her head low.

“Aish, let’s go. Sehun-ah, don’t get so far away from us.” Kai abruptly held Krystal’s hand. The girl was taken aback by his actions, but she simply followed as she giggled like a child alongside him.

“Kai….do you perhaps, cared for the first time for your fake girlfriend?”

“Don’t call me Kai. It’s really uncomfortable. I’m not that cool like that name implies.”

“No, you act like a kid.”

Sehun looked so desperate as he looked at those two’s linked hands. Laughing together as they tried to take a walk, he felt the jealousy flowing through his veins. He couldn’t keep it still but he moved forward to an unseen future.

“Even if it’s one-sided, I would do my best so I could get closer to her. More and more, I wanted to… to believe that, I still have a chance.”

“Sehun-ah, what are you muttering?” Sehun got startled as Sulli neared at his direction. His palms were sweaty and he thought if she really did hear.

“Omo… do you really like my best-“

“Shh…” He posed as if he was threatening his friend. Sulli just shut , clean of all her thoughts.

“Oh, well, I just hope Krystal notices that…”

 

Karaoke Bar

The feasting crowd of people got on a room and ordered lots and lots of sweets. Their coach couldn’t even get a hold of them. She’s also occupied with the food lined of the table. The flashing lights made them want to sing and sing, like it was the end of the world.

“Waaahhh… Go, Shina-unnie…” Everyone cheered for the captain of the team. The boys were clapping their hands as they saw how the noona went from being calm and reserved to a wild boar-like human.

“Pffft.” Kai smirked at the end of the table, trying to eat the pizza.

“Oh, where’s Sehun?” Krystal who was eating with him, looked around all of them. Sehun was missing in action. She let out a deep sigh. “I have something to tell him. Aish.”

“What is it?” Kai got more and more curious to what Krystal was up to.

“It’s a secret, of course.” She tried to stand up, but Kai got a hold of her hand.

“Sit down. We’re only drag in this. So, you just quietly sit here.”

“Get off.” Krystal tried to release herself from Kai’s grasp. “What am I to you anyway? I’m going to look for a REAL friend.” He let her go away without looking at her expressions.

 

“Aish…what am I to him anyway? Why does it feel like I wanted him to hold on to me? Pabo.” Krystal’s heart was ablaze at what happened right just now. Her throbbing heart couldn’t stop on thumping, trying to suffocate her already scarred heart more and more.

She tried to go outside and saw Oh Sehun, sitting on a nearby bench outside. It was already dawn, Sehun watched the sun, and the night’s dawning so the sun was setting.

“What are you doing here?” Krystal tried to make him smile but without further ado, Sehun tried to stay far away from her.

“Just sight-seeing. You know what? I’ve made up my mind that I’d be confessing to my first love if I won the match.” Sehun heaved a sigh. Krystal just watched the drifting clouds.

“That person…how would you treat her?” Krystal’s eyes became watery as time passed by.

“She? Of course, like a princess. I’d be having the last days of my life with her. More than years, I’ve already found my perfect match.”

“Really?”

“You? How does he treat you?”

“We’re not like that. I just made it clear to you. We are not in that kind of a relation---“

All of a sudden, the door of the karaoke bar swung open and Kai came and took Krystal in a spur of a moment. He looked intently at her as she pulled him inside. He had gone mad over something, which Krystal was left puzzled yet again with him.

“What is it, K—Jongin-ah?” But, there was no reply.

“I’m…I’m sorry. “ He let go of her hand, as he saw that she was in fact REALLY hurting. “What’s up with you?”

“It’s nothing. I’ve been really weird lately. Sulli’s looking for you.” They went inside the Karaoke Bar and found that Sulli was just sleeping, leaning on Taemin’s shoulders. Like a baby, she was really tired.

 

“I thought that she was looking for me.” Krystal creased her forehead then look back at Kai.

“She might’ve dozed off.” Kai’s face became dimmed.

“What dozed off? She’s…” Taemin was about to tell the truth but as he saw Kai getting so worked up covering for it, he must’ve a reason. “Krystal-yah, my parents are calling me so can you watch over her? Be careful not to wake her up.

“Sheesh.” Kai pouted as he looked at Taemin.

“Well, I’m just too honest, right? Why won’t I give you some of mine?” He playfully whispered to Kai as he exited with still an impish grin. “Be careful, she might get stolen.”

“Not so fast” Kai got a hold of his hand. “I’m stealing her away from you. Sulli and I would be together.”

“Kai, move on already. Do you know where I’m going right now? I’m going for someone who knows so many things about your past. Do you want me to reveal it? “

Kai slowly let go of his hand. “You’re not going to succeed.”

“That trauma…you had experienced.. I’m not going to believe that you liked Sulli from the start.”

“Are you picking a fight with me?”

“No, I’m just removing you from one of my rivals.”

“Try me.” Kai had those determined eyes.

“You just liked the girl who looked so much like her…no, who is like her at every single thing.”

 

Taemin left trying to recover the pieces together.

Sehun was left out, trying to mend the pain of a one-sided love.

Kai tried to fight the feelings of the past and the problems of the future.

 

Woot! Good for me, I've finally updated.

Annyeong~ Everyone, yet a nice chapter again.

Well, somewhat rushed. But, still good.

So, the development became much more to handle.

Well, I hope you guys like it.

Though, I wanted many readers to not be too silent.

Argghh... :)) Thanks for the subbies.