.fin. 0.25

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Kai,...
    Yes, I am back. Right now, I am here standing on a condominium provided by big sister. I am packing things up, arranging other stuff here and I could be finish by noon. Well, I want to visit Sulli and Krystal. My good bye with Minah abroad is a bit tearful but we are slowly moving on.
    Suddenly, one by one, I pick out the pieces of the memories back when I went abroad.
    
    Minah and I lived in our own apartments in a compound. We're neighbors and we've helped each other out. Minah and I went out for a while. But, it didn't work for us. Precisely, it was my fault. I felt like this whole time I was deceiving Minah. Most importantly, I was deceiving myself.
    “Yah! Jonginnie, this doesn't work, don't ya think?” Minah and I sat beside each other in table on a cafeteria near the school where we were attending. Things were very complicated with all of the getting-to-know and getting-used-to. But, since we had each other, it worked perfectly fine.
    “What are you talking about?” I looked intently in her eyes. I closed my eyes reflexively. I knew it. It was Krystal again. Beautiful Krystal, the person I love...
    “I don't wanna go out with you.” Minah held my hands. Her hands were cold, really really cold. I noticed that I hadn't really held it. Or, I had a loose grip all along. Minah must've been hurt. She was totally led on.
    “Do you regret coming with me?” This was a question I truly want to ask her. Did everything she thought of me changed? Was everything we had just a dream?
    “I couldn't have it, Kai.” Minah purposefully said my nickname. Why was that? She used to sweetly call out my real name. Was I just not paying attention to her? I must've been. I was pretty much worked up with all this. “I couldn't have your love.” I noticed the small tears formed in the corner of her hazel brown eyes.
    Suddenly, I also felt the tears. Minah was so precious to me. I love her, but that wasn't the kind of grand romantic love. It was a love for a little sister and friend. She was my family. But, she was also my first love. She affected my life all these years yet I wasn't able to see the  real picture. I was able to overcome her already. I didn't notice that I already had forgotten about my love for her for so long.
    “I'm sorry...”
    
    “Kim Jongin, chase after your own happiness.” Whilst saying that, she bade goodbye and ran away out of the cafeteria. She changed her address but I heard tidbits that she was going out with someone. He looked like a foreigner but maybe half-Korean.

    Right now, I'm going to face Krystal. I must've hurt her already so I won't be getting close to her at all. But since we're going to the same university, I want to keep my distance.
    I don't want to hurt anyone anymore.
    I'm not here to resume my life. Instead, I'm going to start fresh.
    “I also couldn't have it, Minah...Not like this, I couldn't have her love.....”Tears automatically came. I was kind of dazed after that.
    
Krystal,...
    I didn't know it was him who knocked on my door. By 'him', it's him, really. I'm not so good with words but I was overflowed with happiness. I hugged him reluctantly while he was in front of my doorsteps.
    “Kai...welcome back.” I didn't know about this before. But, I know now that they are still present. I still have some lingering feelings with Kai. But,I know that it wouldn't be this sudden. I just broke up with Sehun and I'm still a bit shaken. I supposed the shock got over me so much. But, I couldn't hide that I like to see his face. He's more mature now. But, everything in him felt the same.
    He bit back a laugh. “What's with that?”
    This afternoon the maid served us tea. The smell of the tea was so fragrant. Everything was so silent.
    “How are you after these two years?”
    “...” He didn't reply to that. Maybe, it was hard for him. He seemed a bit daze. So, I touched his forehead. He looked relentlessly upon my face. He cupped it with both his strong hands. I felt flustered.”Krystal...there's something I need to ask you. What happened between you and Sehun?”
    “We broke up.”
    “I heard about it.” He slid his hands on his pockets. Was he nervous? “You know, you shouldn't have...”
    Kai, what are you saying?
    “..I entrusted Sehun to take care of you. Both of you are perfect for each other...”
    I knew it. I was selfish of breaking up with him. But, I needed to settle this conflicted heart. I wanted him to know. I wanted to express my feelings again. If I wouldn't be able to set myself free, who would do that?
    “I did it for you. I love you.” Before I knew it, it slipped in my mouth.
    “Krystal...no...Jung Soojung, we're not going to be able to be together. I just came here to settle things once and for all. And, to check up on you... I think you already heard that I broke up with Minah...”
    “I know...I know that I don't deserve you.” Why...even after those two years, why was it so hard to let you go? Why was I still hoping for a happy ending? I...I couldn't have your love, Kai. I was guilty because in these two years, I came to know that my one love is you and not, Sehun.
    I think that Sehun had a really nice idea about this in general.
    And, I also knew that...he didn't deserve me. he deserved someone better. Dear Sehun, I hoped that you could find real happiness.
    Because right now, I'm going to chase it. Even though, I couldn't have his heart.
    I was teary-eyed when he left. But, I made it clear.
    “I love you, and it doesn't matter if you did love me or you didn't. The most important thing is the 'now'. I won't give you up...”
    Why was I so persistent? Maybe, because I wanted to give all my effort in having a happy ending.
    I loved him. I love him.  I will always love him. This time, right now, the past, present and future would intertwine.
    This is my resolve.


NOBODY'S POV
    Sulli looked upon the sky and felt a bit jumpy. She just receive a call from Taemin. Their relationship had been progressing despite the distance. Krystal also made herself a bit more mature and elegant. Sulli had seen her friend right now in a different glow. She gazed upon Krystal's face.
    “You looked refreshed.”
    “Well, yeah...I'm going to chase after happiness.” Krystal winked at her best friend. She pulled her closely and said, “I'm not going to let go of my happy ending.”
    Sulli laughed. Of course, it was going to be the same for her and Taemin. She felt like she could overcome everything as long as she put all her efforts into it.
    Well, everyone deserved a happy ending.

    “We're both in the Business Department.” Sulli looked upon her class schedule. School's starting in two days.
    “Yeah...I hope we could be classmates in our major subjects.” Krystal leaned close to her.
    “Let's both do our best.” Krystal and Sulli reminisced the entire three years of their friendship. They had made progress and matured a little bit. Both of them found love and even though, Krystal had painful experiences. It was love that changed her. She had gained lots of courage.
    
    “Oh! Sulli!”
    Meanwhile, she heard a distant voice. It was Kai's. He was also there, they were now attending the same university. Krystal smiled giddily, trying to suppress her smiles by hiding in Sulli's back.
    “Here's Krystal, too.” Sulli playfully pointed at her.
    “Hi!” Kai waved nonchalantly. “I'm in the Engineering Department. I hope we could join the same club together.”
    Maybe, it was her imagination but Kai was totally avoiding her gaze.
    “Aigoo...” Sulli pulled Krystal along. “Of course, we all are...” She winked at Krystal.
    Krystal pinched Sulli's wrist.
    “Hello...” She put a lock of her hair behind her ear. “Please take care of us.”
    By looking up, Krystal had seen a glimpse of Kai's reddish face. He suddenly turned around and tried to look afar on the distant buildings.
    Krystal and Sulli waved at him as she said, “Let's look for the rooms together.”

This is going to be the end of this fanfic.

Okay?

But, there would be a sequel.

Supposedly, it was "We Could Have it All Once."

to

"Our Happy Ending Together."

Well...you could suggest. Goodbye~

Okay.