eight.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Time will pass and this drought will come to an end

Remember that I’ll always be here for you

If the tides are not on your favor

Then I’ll just let you fly to the sky

 

“Mnmmm…” Jung Krystal was very irritated. Her face that is like a portrait feels as disturbed as Sulli gazes upon her sunken, swollen face. Dropping tears from the scar that cannot be fully healed were so pure for it is hers. “Mnmmm…Unnie… Don’t take anything away from me anymore…”She groaned in pain.

 

“Should I call the doctor?” Her worried boyfriend asked Sulli.

 

“Call her mother and father. Notify them.” The serious Sulli couldn’t stand it and held Krystal’s hands together. “Krystal…do not worry. I’ll promise to never leave you, ‘kay?”

 

Meanwhile, Lee Taemin found a good place, a quiet one for a phone call. Gripping harshly his phone, he felt so hopeless. “I’m her boyfriend and this is all what I could do?” He asked himself multiple times. ”I’m really despicable.” As he was talking to himself, a figure of a woman came shadowing his sight. He looked up and saw someone. He greeted her with a fake smile to hide the sadness he feels. “Noona…”

 

“How’s my sister?” Jessica had this happy expression but there hidden on her eyes, the eye bags she got from having insomnia just last night after Krystal got hospitalized. Taemin looked at her pale skin and sturdy and thin body.

 

“Have you eaten, noona? Do you want me to treat you for a snack? Or do you prefer to go there and have a serious talk with your dongsaeng?” Taemin offered her his hand and she gladly accepted his help.

 

“I’m really happy that you are my sister’s boyfriend.”

 

The scene shifted to a small convenience store a few-minute walk from the general hospital. Both of them are stressed out and their tensions couldn’t be relieved with just a cup of instant coffee or a club sandwich grinding each bit slowly as they do not have an appetite.

 

“So…you know also that we’re… in that kind of relationship.” Taemin put his head down.

 

“Do not worry. I won’t tell my parents. Especially that, the Krystal right now hates me.”

 

“I know that it isn’t your fault but…” Taemin shook his head. “From the time I saw you sisters’ relationship, I had a hunch that you really stole everything from her.” Being frank is very hard for Taemin since he’s not very expressive. But, only two people could make him speak up with his stern words and one of them was because she knew him too well and the other was just subconsciously.

 

“Eii…you only do that kind of talk with---“Jessica stopped her itching mouth filled with her own little chitchats.

 

“So…I don’t know. But, what really happened on that day… when Krystal was about to go to New York, why’d you substituted for her and left her with a heavy heart. She always carry that burden of having a sister complex.

 

Jessica couldn’t believe those striking words. “It’s because living on a different country doesn’t suit Krystal that’s all I think is the best explanation for that.” Her way of speaking could really make someone misunderstand her.

 

“Can you put it with simple words?” Taemin couldn’t believe Jessica. “I know that you are not really like that, noona. I know that there’s really something going on.”

 

“Yeah…yeah…” Jessica lost to his brave heart. “It’s because I wanted her to be free. Having to live on a whole new place requires a great lot of courage. Taemin, you don’t know the bullying and the stereotyping that someone could experience. I myself could face all that. I would swallow each and every thing that would happen. I’d take it all but if Krystal would suffer as much as I had suffered, I would just wanted to sacrifice our sisterhood which in the first place is not that great than to tie her to a prison in which there is no turning back.” She smirked a little bit. As she felt that burden on her body, she fell on her knees. Tears came flowing down her beautiful face.

 

“You’re hiding that all along? Are you for real?!” Taemin caught her and supported her with his powerful grasp. “How can you endure all of that?!”

 

“By myself?” Jessica showed her wrists. It was full with scars, lengthy horizontal ones. “I even tried to commit suicide due to the pressure I had gone through. It was a living hell.”

 

“Why didn’t you go back, noona? You know that you deserve more than those types of things?!”They already are causing commotion but he didn’t care as he bluntly talked it all out like a crazy person.

 

“For them to take Krystal because I’m useless. I didn’t give up and now I had found someone to lean on. He’s very supportive and I hoped that after this week, we’d meet again there. I wanted you to be just like him to me to Krystal.”

 

“If you could be given a chance, if this week, I could make your relationship normal then…make…make her come back.”

 

“Who? Her?” Sica’s eyes widened and left ajar. “Are…you kidding me? Why are you?”

 

“Noona…” His expressions changed and he became so beastly and cunning at the same time. His words were very hurtful for him but he needed to move one and the sole purpose for that is.

 

Make her come back.

 

Back to the hospital, no one in the room could even utter a phrase. Taemin, Jessica and Sulli watch over the sleeping princess, Krystal.

“How could she be hospitalized like this?” Sulli could only scowl.

“I’m sorry that you are dragged into this mess, Sulli-ah.” Jessica shyly apologized. “Thank you for always being with her sister.”

“Ah…no..no..” Sulli shook her head as she shyly denied everything.

“You became cuter Sulli-ah. Do you have a boyfriend?”

 

Lee Taemin’s POV

“Pfftt.” I chuckled at the thought of it. How could she have a boyfriend if she’s really like that?

“Yah! Taemin-ah, don’t laugh. It’s true, you know, Sulli’s really pretty right now. If only I could help you beautify yourself more.” Noona caught me red-handed. She’s really a different kind.

She and Krystal are really sisters.

So, what to do? How could I help them to be together? I could need her help again.

“Noona..our promise, okay?” Noona winked at me. I nodded gratefully and thought of possibilities where she could get to her good side.

But, I don’t know how Krystal would react to this. Hmmm..Think. Think. Think.

I sheepishly go to the bed side and kissed Krystal’s cheek.

“You’re getting cocky, brat.” Jessica-noona grabbed my collar. I felt the suffocation all over. She’s really like a pro wrestler.

“Noona..she needs to wake up you know. And, she’s really cute while sleeping. I’m really hopeless at this kind of things.” I tried to stay away from the topic as soon as possible.

But then again, I saw Sulli’s pout. Her eyes are watery and I couldn’t stand her expression to be like that.

“What are you staring at?” She battled again to me.

“No…I’m just thinking to go home already and I think I need to drive you back home. I’m the one who called you here in the first place.” Crazy me. Why am I thinking about? She really looks cute. Aish. I really want to pamper her… no, more, I mean.

“Unnie…then I’d be accepting the offer of this bastard.” Bastard? How could she call me like that? After all those scheming she had done to me. She even pointed her finger to me.

“Oh…then, I’d be taking care of Krystal. She really needs rest. I asked the doctor about this and she just said that because of the stresses she had been enduring due to me flying here without any notice for her.” Noona shook her head. She felt so miserable in this kind of situation. I really wanted to help them so I could see Krystal smile again.

Car Park

“Why are we here?” I think this girl really gets scared easily. I really wanted to more.

“Hey…you know what? There are ghosts in this kind of places. You know that this is a hospital, right? I’ve heard so many stories about people committing suicide in these kinds of places. Haha.” I saw the grief on her face. Marked on. She’s scared.

“But…what time is it right now? Oh..it’s already 10 pm.” I tried to look at my watch. “We should hurry. There’s a thing called ghosts running around here incident.”

“Hey…hey…hurry up. I…I can’t stand places like this.” She tried to look around and even murmured a short prayer. I locked my eyes on a car and slowly saw the driver trying to look for me. I gave him a wave and he turned the car to fetch us.

“Aish…scaredy-cat. Let’s go now. I’m just kidding. “As I said that, her expressions changed drastically. She softly smiled at me like an angel and she heaved a sigh of relief. I am stoned at this moment as I hear the thumping of my heart. I really don’t know what to do as I averted my attention to the coming car.

“Do…don’t scare me like that.” Her soft words touched my heart.

As I got on the back seat of the car, the driver noticed something very peculiar about me. “Why are you blushing?” I twitched my brows and threw daggers at him. “Why are you like that, boy? You’re never like that to Krystal.”

“Stop minding people’s business.” I just sat on the left side as Sulli welcomed herself to the car. “Feel..feel at ease, okay?” I just said a few words with a thought of getting worried. She replied back with a beam.

“Yeah, gumawo.” It was the first time I think that she said thank you. How come I feel so happy?

As I looked at the side streets, she slowly closed her eyes. I’m observing her features right now as I see a small mole on her face. I tried to poke it but just didn’t mind as I see the hot eyes of the driver wanting to tease me yet again. “That ajusshi.”

She leaned her head on my shoulder. I tried to stay far but I pity her. She must be really tired. I just pretended to close my eyes also.

But, but… I could still hear it. Why is my heart thumping for this airhead? I couldn’t. You have a girlfriend. Get back to your senses.

This thirty minute ride felt so long. But, as she woke up, she was indifferent. It was like I’m just someone to be… “This girl.”

“Oh…we’re here. Please, stop ahjusshi.” Once again, she indifferently bid farewell to the two of us. I stared at her if she could go back home safely. As soon as she got on her house and entered the gates, I felt relieved.

“Hehe. Sir, could it be that…you are falling in love with her?”

“NO!” Definitely not. Even in my dreams, she would never trespass me in my dreams. Mark my words!

Taemin came back home and as soon as he got there he threw himself in his bed to sleep

NOBODY’S POV

“What a day.” Taemin slowly closed his eyes. His big room felt so empty and quiet. He easily fell asleep.

On a sunny day, near the sea shore. Lee Taemin playfully collected shells of different kinds. He put in on a pail and slowly sat on the sand. He got a handful of sand and played with it. “Ah…happiness.”

He got up as if he was going to approach someone. He saw a bright smile on a girl’s face. But, the coming wind and the sand made her eyes irritated.

In the end, he didn’t see her face.

Lee Taemin hailed another day with a heavy heart.