sixty.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Two years have passed in the blink of an eye.

Taemin and Sulli had been really happy being with each other’s company. Things weren’t going well with Taemin’s family. Everything was still so conflicted but Taemin assured Sulli.

“Dad’s going at it, you know…” It was a calm day in the park. All the kids playing around made Sulli’s heart at peace. Well, she was with Taemin, and both of them are having the best days of their lives together.

“Wait…your dad’s being bold, then?” Sulli smiled brighter than the sun. Taemin felt hotter and cursed mentally, blaming the day’s heat.

Taemin blushed. “Yeah, everything’s been a chaos. The media weren’t helping. It’s quite stressful…” Taemin shook his head as he leaned his body on Sulli’s.

“Well, it couldn’t be helped. Minah is going to be happy about this. “ Sulli tried to rest Taemin’s head on her shoulder. She felt hot, as well. She never knew that the temperature got higher in this area.

“Oh, have you heard anything about Minah and Kai?” Taemin said on a whim.

“Ah…” Sulli fidgeted uncomfortably. “They are doing pretty well, haha. Minah’s been sending me postcards. Well, rather, photos of her with a man.” Sulli looked at the bright blue sky. The clouds were drifting apart, so were Kai and Minah.

“Wait!” Taemin panicked. ”Does this mean that…”

“Yeah, they’ve broken up. Well, it is for the sake of both of them.” Sulli frowned. “Kai’s haven’t forgotten Krystal after all.”

“Oh…”Taemin looked down, closing his eyes for a brief moment. “But, Krystal has moved on, right?”

“Sehun’s been doing a pretty good job at it.” Sulli leaned back on her seat. “But, whenever I mentioned Kai, her mind’s been drifting off somewhere.”

“I feel sorry for the three of them. “ Taemin suddenly stood up. “Oh gosh…tomorrow’s the graduation, right?”

“Oh…now that you mention it….we’re graduating, then?”  Sulli stood up as well. “The teachers have been pretty upset that you are going to quit soccer already.”

“I have been with them for the rest of time. Well, I would miss all the girls that were cheering for me like crazy…”

“What the…” Sulli pouted. “They were always there, you know. Completely forgetting that you have a girlfriend CURRENTLY??”

“Oh…you’re good at phrasing that out.” Taemin smiled meekly. “I guess…my charms have matured as well..”

“How are you mature, huh?”

Both of them giggled at the same time. “Let’s go back?” Taemin and Sulli held hands as they were going to start another life ahead of them.

 

“Sehun, hurry up!” Sulli called out to him. “Everyone in the badminton team’s been pretty gaga that you’re graduating already. They’re throwing fits at the clubroom.”

“Well….if you put it that way… I guess I have to go.” Sehun was talking about something with Krystal when Sulli arrived. Sulli felt a little bit guilty about this. “Gotta talk to you, later…” Sehun smiled weakly back at Krystal.

“I’d be waiting…” Krystal looked as if her eyes were blank. She wasn’t expecting anything to happen today. But, she just felt that she had been holding back.

 

Sulli lightly pushed Sehun at the clubroom. Everyone suddenly attacked him, wanting some autographs and a few wanted hugs. Sulli was just sitting idly at the corner, she had a few fans also who were all worked up on her. What a day, really.

 

“Our Sehunnie's gonna be away from us..” One of the senior murmured.
“Hey, I'm going to graduated with you guys...” Sehun smacked his friend's head lightly.
“Oh Sehun-oppa, what university would you be attending??” Sehun completely forgot the existence of his own fanclub's president, peeking from behind the door.
“Well....I was admitted at 'C' University.”
“Hey, isn't it far from Krystal's?” Sulli waited for Sehun to reply. She looked intently on his eyes.
“It would be just an hour ride from 'K' University.” Sehun scratched his head.

Sulli sensed something suddenly. She felt that Sehun was pretty tensed about all this. It was like the moment when she interrupted Krystal and Sehun was something they needed to patch things up between them once and for all.


“Sulli...please let's go out now. The ceremony's going to take place.” Sehun felt stressed out about all this thing about him and Krystal not going to meet each like usual. But, his hyung, Luhan, was admitted there already. It was hard for his family to put them in two different universities. There was also an unsettled issue about Kai.
 

After all these years, even if I wanted to, she couldn't really fall in love with me as deeper as the love she had to Kai. Even if I took a step forward, it was like she was dragging me two steps backward. Those two years without Kai was a blessing for me because I could have her for myself. And, Kai also entrusted me with her. I was really happy. But, was she? Was she really happy about all these? If only she could face the truth...

“Sehun? Sehun?” Sulli waved her hand on Sehun's. “Are you alright?”
“Ah, Sulli..yeah...yeah....”
“You've been so absent-minded.” Sulli pushed his back lightly. “It's going to be okay, right? Our class valedictorian?” Sulli winked at him.
“Easy for you to say. Why didn't Taemin-hyung just get to the top spot. He's been more capable than me.”
“Well...he doesn't seem to mind it. And, his grades slightly dropped due to what's going on with his family.” Sulli smiled weakly. “I'm pretty worried but I have to move forward. He's going to US already. He received a scholarship for one of those IVY LEAGUE Universities.”
“Oh...it's going to be a long distance relationship, huh?”
“ Yeah...but I get to bond with Krystal. You should visit us frequently, okay?”
“I'll try to.” Sehun patted Sulli's head.

All eyes on Sehun. He was truly scared at this moment. But, he suddenly forgot all tension when he looked straight at Krystal's eyes. Krystal was now looking at him. Not at Kai. Nor that of that drifting blank space in her mind. There was a telepathic feeling that she was sending. This sensation was something only Krystal could provide of him. It was love. He didn't know if it was romantic love but...now all his restricted feelings got freed out of nowhere.

As he spoke, everyone listened silently. He poured all of his memories, thoughts, dreams, inspirations to these people...all he had ever wanted to say to Krystal and his friends, he said it right now.


“And even though we had to part, as we will step a little closer to our goals, I impart you something that I have really learned all these three years. It is that at the first time that I was here, I was struck by love. Pretty funny, huh? And I thought that, we just couldn't find true love. Well, not all of us could. But, realizing that it was a mistake on my part, I would say proudly to all of you. We could have it, if we just go on into this life. But, only once. Yes, we could only have it once. It might take different forms. We might meet struggles but I assure you guys, that if we pour our hearts out and believe that we would find it one day...we might be able to find it right within our reach, waiting for us as well. Because love wants to be felt as well. And that is the same with our goals and responsibilities. There isn't only one path though. There are many means to have it. But, the real question is, when would you start. Please do start today. Thank you.”
 

Everyone clapped. Krystal fist-bumped into the air. Sehun lightly laughed seeing the cute side of Krystal. He hadn't noticed that she had been pretty fine lately. Maybe, he had been preoccupied with thoughts about Kai and Krystal meeting again.

 

“Congrats Sehun,” His mom and dad came to him. “...we're really proud. Auuhhmm...but I know that you want to talk with her as well. She's been waiting...”
“Krystal?” Sehun saw Krystal beside Sehun's mother. Her mother gripped her hand and whispeered, “Take care of him, huh?”. Krystal nodded obediently though Sehun wasn't sure what words were exchanged in that whisper.
“Sehun...I think it would be hard for us with the distance.” Krystal looked at her feet.
“But, I don't have a problem with that...” Sehun had been the happiest since the ceremony had ended. But, he was sure something really bugged Krystal. “I saw you fist-bumping to the air, though. It was so funny of you.”
“Well, thank you but... I've realized something...”
Sehun's heart beat so fast.
“What was it???” He was too clueless about this.

 

“We couldn't continue this anymore. This relationship hasn't even progressed. I've been wanting to tell you this all these times but I never had a clue when....”
“Krystal, wait... are you breaking up on me?”
“Sehun...I can explain...” Krystal's eyes were watery. “I know that distance doesn't matter but as you can see, I don't want to hinder you to your goals. I love you and I know that you have things planned out for you...”
“Krystal...so you've wanted to let go of me for my sake as well. Don't you trust me? I could do this.”
“But, I can't...” Krystal reached for Sehun's hand and held it tightly. “I don't want you to see this as a relationship anymore. You've been a great friend. You've helped me after Kai left. But, that Kim Jongin I still love him. And, if I couldn't move forward like you, I couldn't love you Sehun. I'd just be tying you up.”
“That's just an excuse...” Sehun felt desperate. “We could work this out...” He felt tears rushing on his face. “Even though those two years were so precious to me...what were they to you?”

 

Krystal hugged Sehun who was now trying to cover his face with both hands for crying. “They were really important to me....but I have to let you go so that I could move forward and start anew. This wouldn't be the end. Maybe...maybe I could realize all my mistakes and finally be able to face you.”
“So..sad, Krystal....I'm so sad....” Sehun's tears flooded his eyes. On his graduation day, it was too pathetic for him to cry on his girlfriend, no ex-girlfriend now. 

But, maybe it was wise. Maybe, Krystal could freely love him if he did this. He couldn't wait for that time to come. His warm tears touched Krystal's face and as she looked up to him, he was a completely different person. Sehun had grown to be a fine young man. Krystal felt sorry and somehow regretted it. But, she couldn't just let herself hurt him any further. Someone had to let go and someone had to be hurt. 
“This is for the two of us...” Krystal sobbed quietly as she let go of Sehun.

This was such a ridiculous graduation day.

 

 

Hi~Hi~ Hi~

I'm back..After a major hiatus...

I've missed you all guys.

Oh, I've been pretty much busy-busy-busy.

But, since I love you all guys, I wanted to tell you that here~

A major treat~Haha. And, I'd be announcing a sequel to this. 

Waddya think?~ HAHA. Another two more chapters, I think. 

Please don't be sad about the revelations. Everyone deserves a happy ending.