five.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

 

/a/n/

Sorry for changing what I called them. I can’t keep up with Soojung and Jinri since I unconsciously typed Krystal and Sulli. Haha. Silly mistake. Please, still enjoy the fifth chappie.

Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you

Fighting, crying and hugging

Tell me, if this is love

 

It was a really, really cold dawn. Silence filled the air as Sulli, home alone, searches for her ringing phone. She picked it up, still half-asleep, trying to decipher the caller, "Oh. Who's this?" Sulli couldn't comprehend the words and was dozing off again, wanting to continue her dreams.

 

"Hello...Hello...Sulli-ah" Jung Soojung was frantic. Her clothes were scattered on her bed as she tried to see what should be worn. Her best friend was after all, still sleeping as she needed energy more than her due to the tennis club acitivities. "Hey, Sulli-ah, help me, please! Just a few hours and it would be our date, please, help me." Sulli was unresponsive as she was already slacking off. "Oh, please!!! CHOI SULLI! WAKE UP!" Krystal was at her wit's end. She shouted at the top of her lungs, with a voice never heard before, if her room was not sound-proof, she could have woken up everyone in the mansion.

"Oh..." Sulli came to her senses. She bolted upright and tried to discuss the things Krystal wanted to be helped off. "Oh..so that's the problem? Just wear the classy dress matched up with a cute coat, then put on light make-up and somewhat curl your hair, enough for it to be admirable." Sulli is not like the other girls who don't have a keen fashion. She grew up to a family where even if there's no money, try to blend and have fun way of thinking. Krystal rummaged on the clothes and piled it up until she found the right item.

"Gumawo." She said as she tried the outfit. "You really are a fashionista. Even if I'm the one from a classy family, who would have thought that, you are the one always choosing the dress for me. Hehe." Krystal hang up.

Sulli now with her pyjamas still with her, just with a wide grin continued to have her dreams. She peacefully closed her eyes. Awoke by the sounds of a beeping car, Jung Krystal arrived at her footsteps. With still her hair tangled up and still not having her teeth being brushed, she opened the door as she defended herself from Krystal's surprise but expected squeezing hug, choking Sulli every time she does it.

She finely dodged her hug and twitched her eyes, rubbing off them as they are so sleepy and reddish. "Oh...what is it now? You're really something, to be able to sneak around and even conspired with the driver?" Sulli could just laugh at Krystal's schemes.

"I didn't actually conspire. I just...for the first time, I was able to get my parents' permission to go with you and Oppa on a trip to the amusement park.

"Call it a jinx, how'd you do it with just a sweet talk?" Sulli just didn't mind her speech. She seemed to be bored  and had a glass of cold water.

"So..why are you not getting ready yet?" Krystal glared at Sulli from top to toe. "Oh my god, are you seriously not ready yet?" She couldn't believe herself.

"Don't mind it, in just fifteen minutes; I'd be up to go. Ready your stopwatch, time is ticking fast."

 

Just like the dash of a marathon runner, Sulli brushed her teeth. Combed and fixed her hair. Put on her admirable fashion-sensed clothes. Put on her cute shoes. Got a little bit of eyeliner beneath her eyes and thickened her brows a little bit also. Just like a soft touch of a fairy godmother, Sulli looked like someone else.

"Wow..." Krystal could just be impressed. "Now, let's go." She led Sulli to the gates and now they were off to go.

"Hey, aren't we going to be late?" Sulli looked at the heavy traffic in front of them.

"Don't worry. Heechul-oppa and Taemin would be there." Krystal looked at her reflection caught on the side mirror. She admired the curls on her soft hair, carresing them as time ticks. Sulli just looked simply amazing at point of view.

"Waeyo?" Krystal was caught. But, just simply smiled and Sulli got the message. "I don't care about what people say that I have a good fashion sense. But Krystal Jung, you had what it takes to be a fashion goddess. Your reddish cheeks, the admirable smiles of yours, those twinkling eyes, and no one could turn you down.

"Except Oppa." She gave off a weak smile then back to her mailing Lee Taemin about their current status.

"What is it about you and that Lee Taemin?" She said without having honorifics to the guy.

"Well..it was...nothing." Krystal changed the topic into something sensitive to her heart. "Unnie's coming back. My parents are going to the airport to fetch her."

"It's alright, I think to have fun today. Don't mind them, kay?" Sull tried to calm her friend. "Oh...really want to sleep.On a busy Sunday, I just wanted to relax."

"Your parents are not there, right?" Krystal guessed correctly. Sulli just quiets down.

 

---

 

Lee  Residence

 

The two brothers who often didn't talk about anything were just doing their own businesses. Taemin sats on a table on the terrace, admiring the eye-catching view of the vast garden laid in front of his sight. He often relaxes there when his older brother arrives home. He casually crouches on his seat and with his binoculars; he had a habit of checking everything in place. He would often get scolded by the butler for stalking like a stranger. He would just laugh if off telling that he cannot do anything.

"So...if this is the case, I'd better be admiring this for another day, time flies so fast. Need to get ready." Taemin stood up, having the last look of the beautiful scene as he turned back. The figure of a lousy, lazy and charismatic elder brother came up to him and spanks him all of a sudden. “Yah! What’s that for?”

“Well…I was just thinking that you’re getting lazy and well, just a reflex.” Heechul just had a big grin on his face. “I really wanted to see Jung Krystal of the last time. Well, why are we always calling her by her American name? Well…they’re of American Origin.”

“Never mind that. Do you really wanted to tag along? It’s still my date and all…” Taemin looked frustrated at the sight of his spacing out brother. “Do. You...” He turned his head down and one last time, “You. You are really so despicable.”

“Taemin-ah, I know that you hate me. But, I really wanted to me Sulli-ah, can’t I?” Heechul reached for his phone on his left pocket and tried to dial some numbers and whispered quietly. “Oh…Krystal!”

Taemin went to his room and just casually wore anything that was in it. To his case, anything is fine as long as he just looked like nothing of ordinary. He would boast around his smile but all of the people would just see him as a cute and kind young boy. He hated what other people thought of him. Always saying that I’m cute just because I’m the maknae, maybe that’s why noona broke up with me.

 

Nearing the time of meeting up

“Finally here…” Krystal said while looking at the bustling people nearing the amusement park. She admired the kids going around holding each of the hands of their parents, walking side by side together. Laughing and laughing, she didn’t have such a chance at her case. It would be like going around a trip without their parents having a lovey-dovey moment or having a barbeque party with her parents and other strangers that would only be out of the topic.

Krystal got off with the driver opening it for her. “Thanks, Driver-ajusshi.” She was astonished at the sight of the big amusement park and that she had wished that this day would be a nice one. “God…please let me remember this day with a big smile on my face.”

“AH…Miss, please wake up your friend.” The driver-ajusshi was now pushing Sulli and trying to wake her up.

“Oh…this girl really…” Krystal just laughed it off. Sulli is just her mood-maker so she couldn’t help but to chuckle. “Really, how many years had it been?”

“Five more minutes…” Sulli lied down on the seats, nearly drooling. She’s out of the fashion icon and now, just your normal slowpoke.

Krystal lightly whacks her friend on her head. “Ouch…” Sulli finally woke up with a distressed look on her face. “Ah…wanted to go home…” Sulli couldn’t believe the thought of having to wake up 5am in the morning due to a friend’s call.

They now entered the amusement park. The fun-filled place of everyone’s childhood memories. Krystal couldn’t have any but Sulli was having fun reminiscing. “I really wanted to go here again.” Sulli is now wafting the smell of the freshly-made cotton candies.

“Your mouth is watering, Sulli-ah.” Krystal giggled. “Now, where’s oppa?” She fiddled on her cellphone. “Ahh…they’re so dead, if they’re late.”

“Yah! Yah! We’re not late!” Suddenly, a grown up’s voice alarmed the two idling individuals.

“Oh…annyeonghaseyo…” Sulli had a ninety degree bow. “Haha. It’s nice to meet you.” She came to Heechul who also greeted her with a smile.

“So…let’s go, Krystal Jung.” Taemin held her hand tightly. “You’d be having fun. Leave it all to me.” They walked like a popular couple.

“Let’s not fall behind.” Kim Heechul shook his head. “By the way, Sulli, you could call me Heechul-oppa, kay?”

“Neh..” Sulli felt weird at the first time she saw Heechul. The prince image of him turned into just a chattering box-like man. But, she smiled to seeing that he looked harmless and oppa-like.

“Oppa! Oppa! Let’s buy a cotton candy!” Krystal was found eyeing on the colorful cotton candies.

“I know. I know. Buy one.” Taemin just followed along.

“Mnmmm…” Krystal could hardly believe that she is like a child at times like this.

“It’s fine. I’ll tolerate your childishness.” Taemin patted her head. Krystal jumped to her arms and thanked him enough to choke Taemin.

They looked like a portrait. A perfect couple and what a nice picture. I cannot believe I’m holding back my happiness. Why can’t I be happy right now? Sulli just quietly admires the view.

 

“Hey…Sulli-ah, you wanna try the rides?” Sulli’s wrist was clutched by Heechul and hauled him on the roller coaster ride. “This is the best ride you could ever find here.” He gleefully pushed Sulli to a seat then sat beside her and off to go to the narrow tracks of the roller coaster.

“WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Sulli could only scream. She was not much afraid of the heights, and always craved for fun but still, “I..It’s so scary.”

After the roller coaster ride, she could only sit and sipped the water with the help of a straw. She sits quietly, frozen in place, unable to talk.

“The beast really has her own weaknesses.” Taemin laughed.

“Hey…you… you really always get on my nerves.” Sulli was already at her wit’s end.

“Heechul-oppa, I wanted to go there. But, Taemin doesn’t want to. Can you come with me?” Krystal pointed on the bungee jump ride.

“Oh..there..but..” Krystal dragged him forcibly and tried to get farther enough to the other two.

“Oppa…let’s go.” She smiled happily without Heechul knowing her own speculative plans.

 

Already 2PM

“Aish..why did they run off just after having lunch?” Sulli couldn’t believe her best friend’s behaviors.

“How would I know?” Taemin sat comfortably on the vacant space beside Sulli.

“Haahh…The two of you really look like a funny couple.” She took a deep breath then admired the nice atmosphere.

“You really think so? But, we’re just not the usual type. I’ve just asked her to go out with me to relieve her of all the stresses.” He honestly told her the secret of their relationship.

“So..that’s it?”

Meanwhile, a cute young boy was nearing the two people. With tears on his eyes, he gripped on Sulli’s dress. The young boy then screamed, “UMMA!!!”

“Oh..who’s that? Your child?”

“The heck he would be.” Sulli lifted the child in an awkward manner.

“Hey..I would..” Taemin lifted him higher than how Sulli had done it. He grinned. “Where’s your parents?”

“Hey..careful of the child.” She grabbed Taemin’s wrist.

“Hey, where do you think you’re touching?” He blushed unconsciously.

“Yah! What’s your name?” Sulli asked the child. She had done funny faces to make him stop crying.

“Yoogeun…” The small child touches Sulli’s hand. His small hand was enough to make Sulli happy and remember her childhood memories on the same park.

“Hey…let’s go ask the officials in this park.”

What am I getting conscious of?

Lee Taemin,  Get it off your mind.

She’s not the right girl for you.

On the other hand,

Choi Jinri, what the heck?

He’s not the right person to meddle with.

Why is your heart throbbing so fast?