thirty-six.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

 

I never thought of how small I was

When I compared myself to you

I've found myself on a tight spot

 

“Thanks for dropping me off..” Sulli bade goodbye to Lee Taemin. They drove off to Sulli’s place in Taemin’s limousine. Still, there were some fragments of doubts on Sulli’s mind about his whole being. It was as if he was still hiding a piece of his own self wrapped around a shell. She could not figure it out, but right now, she knew that he could tell her everything at the right time. They were already at that kind of ‘relationship’.

Before Taemin could turn his back, he whispered for only Sulli to hear. “I’m serious about letting you meet my mother.” He waved goodbye which left Sulli questioning herself about everything at that same night.

She stood at the door and absent-mindedly thought of who were truly his parents. If they were aristocrats or business tycoons, she could not figure it out anymore.

She went out to her room and tried to search for their names. (a/n: His parents’ names are fictional, I must say.) She slumped herself on the seat and tried to open her laptop on her desk.

There let out some good websites which featured the two parents. She looked baffled to look at them but she gave it a go.

She first clicked on a website, Builders of the New Generation. It was an article describing the success of Lee Sung Hyun. She traveled her eyes on the whole article, reading it thoroughly at every point.

/Lee Sung Hyun who inherited the Lee Enterprise had spun his wings on making the tourist spots of Seoul spectacularly known in the whole world./

Sulli looked at it with wide eyes. This sentence made her know more of how big her and Taemin’s gap between each other.

/A father of two kids and a good husband, he made his family still know who the head was. As he showered them with love and care, he was truly a good role model of fathers. /

She then looked at the date the article was created; it was at the year 2009. “Looks like, this was from the past?” She asked herself. She hurriedly closed the tab and searched on more articles concerning Lee Sung Hyun.

She looked at the images as she traveled her eyes on more promising websites to give her what she wanted. She clicked on a family picture. It somewhat looked old but she tried to think who the persons in there once been.

There she read the captions, Lee Sunghyun and Kim Haenim with their sons, Heechul and Taemin.

She saw how formal look her boyfriend once had been. “Oh so cute~” She sang and tried to keep her composure. “His mother’s name is Kim Haenim.”

/Kim Haenim, a mother of two kids. She married Lee Sung Hyun back when she turned twenty due to business purposes. Her father, Kim Wobin entrusted her to the Lee Household for her to know more of business. /

Arranged Marriage? So, that truly happens. She sighed. She looked at her more. “Her mother looks like him.” She smiled and tried to think of how wonderful his mother could be, even more surpassing her imaginations.

/Lee Sunghyun and Kim Haenim had a son, Lee Heechul after two years of marriage. /

/Following Kim Heechul who just turned 10 this year, Lee Sunghyun and Kim Haenim happily welcomed their second son, Taemin, in their life./

/It seemed that nothing could break them but Lee Sunghyun and Kim Haenim announced their divorce today/.

“Taemin-ah…..” Her eyes bulged out already. “So…before I could even meet you, you had already suffered so much.”

She turned off her laptop and decided to have a sleep. This placed her into a tight spot. She thought of how brave he was and how she looked nothing compared to him.

She decided that on Monday, she would ask him these questions for her to clear her mind.

Monday

Sulli didn’t know why. But, she was avoiding Lee Taemin at all costs. Whenever she saw Taemin coming at her direction, she would hide herself on a pillar to not make everything obvious. She did not go to the rooftop to spend her lunch, thinking that Taemin would bother her.

She would deliberately go to where Krystal was. Krystal, on the other hand, was spending her lunch with Kai and Sehun. They were surprised to see Sulli huffing and puffing as if she had run a marathon already. Sulli would throw herself on them and dug in in fast speed.

“Hey, what happened to you?” Krystal put her hand on her forehead.

“Yeah, you looked exhausted.” Kai would wipe off her sweat with his handkerchief when Krystal caught his hand. “Why?” He asked her, puzzled.

“I..I’d do it.” She made excuses and did it for her friend. “So, what happened?” Krystal asked her for the second time. But, it was still unsuccessful.

“Hey, are you perhaps…avoiding Taemin-hyung?” Sehun made a face.

Suddenly, Sulli coughed as Kai gave her a glass of water. “So, is that really it?”

Sulli frowned, still denying. “No way. Why would I---“

“And, here I thought you’re nowhere.” Taemin came behind her.

Sulli gasped, almost alerting every one of them.

“….” Sulli was speechless as she looked at Taemin in the eyes.

Taemin narrowed his eyes on Sulli. “Are you playing around with me?! I’ve been trying to have a decent conversation with you for almost this day and yet, you…” He scowled fearlessly. Taemin looked at the others. “Are you denying me to them?” He puffed his cheeks and pouted.

“No…no way. Let me explain.” Sulli jolted upright. She squeezed Taemin’s hand. “That’s not what you think. I was just confused about…” She gulped. She noticed the pairs of eyes peering on the two of them from behind.

“Hey..hey…” Krystal made a sinister smile. “Aren’t the two of you forgetting something? Aren’t the two of you supposed to tell something about the two of you…”

“Well…the truth is…” Taemin was about to speak. Sulli was also waiting for that moment of silence when he would proudly announce that she was his girlfriend. “She’s my slave from now on.”

“WHAT?” She gasped and yanked his shoulder.

“Ouch, I was just kidding.” He pinched her cheek for revenge. “We’re going out officially.” He beamed.

The others had a knowing look. “It was faster than I expected.” Sehun thought.

“No, the two of you are really slow.”  Krystal looked at both of them. “Well…Oppa, you could have Sulli for this time only. I think the two of you are just about to discuss some few things.”

 

Sulli and Taemin went to the rooftop to keep their conversation private. Sulli told him everything about what she had found out.

“You could have just asked me about all those.” Taemin sighed. He looked at Sulli fiercely. “I could not let you meet my mom yet.”

“Why?” She deepened her gaze to him.

“Because…my family is very chaotic right now. It is not right for me to announce such a thing to them.”

“Okay.” Sulli squeezed his hand. “Everthing will be fine, trust me.”

Taemin rested his head on Sulli’s shoulders. The tall girl blinked continuously as he did that. Her heart was totally racing.


Okay, I know that all of you are wondering.

When will Kaistal ever be like Taelli already?

Hehe. Well, I know I'm not for real or anything.

So, I promised that the following chapters would circle on Kaistal already.

Mianhe~ It's hard to come across between these two adorable pairs.

HWAITING! I'm afraid I could not update tomorrow.

Because, it's my family time already.

Hopes, I could come back in writing real quick. Annyeong~