twenty-one.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

As I got closer to the truth

That I was learning to love you

I found out that it was really very easy

To love again but so hard to forget the first

 “He quietly came into my heart, making me waver to my principles in life. He began to change the boring me, into someone worthy enough. Oh, what a nice world this is. To find someone who truly trusts you, I really want to be by his side. But, he seemed to stay far away from me as possible.”

“Taemin-o…o.” Sulli tried to spell it out. But, she couldn’t. She couldn’t even open up a conversation with him. She felt like her whole mouth was stuffed with nonsense.

“What’s with you today?” Taemin seemed to feel a little down about something. Sulli noticed it but he just shoved her away. “I’m going to the soccer field. So, better do your homework here.”

They were in the quiet library of the school. It was lunch time and they needed to finish a lot of homeworks. Sulli got pretty devastated as she looked at the piles of paper on the table, scattered around. She needed to finish this so she could hang out with Krystal at the mall just after their dismissal.

She tried to ask Taemin but he seemed to be so out of it.

Flashbacks

While staring at the drifting clouds, Sulli was humming a nice tune. She was out in the world again, travelling her eyes on someone who felt a little different since that day. She looked at him, saw him, and admired his looks. “I hope that he could smile for me.”

The teacher got a wind of what Sulli was doing. She quickly picked up a piece of chalk and threw it to the tall girl. “Miss Choi, please stand outside to compensate for your behavior.”

“Yes, Ma’am.” She pulled her chair and found her way outside of the room. She never really wanted to, but it really happened involuntarily. She tried to peek at him, like a silly child who had a crush on someone but she couldn’t anymore. The teacher would still scold her.

Somehow, she heard the door swung open. It was Kim Jong In. He held on to his pocket and let out his ipod. “Here.” He tried to make her listen to the songs so she could feel comfortable. “Sheesh. I tried to sneak with the excuse that I’d be going to the washing area, so better be happy that I’m at your side.”

“Thank you, Kai.” She bowed her head low, and tried to hold on to the earpieces. “You’re really so nice to me.”

“It’s nothing. We’ve been living in the same household together so we should get along.” Beside his charismatic eyes, anyone could fall for him instantly. But, the feeling of him now is not for her to like him, but to be a real friend to Sulli. Sulli just innocently listened and hummed along.

The teacher tried to call her again, and gave her lots of home works for tomorrow. She looked as depressed as she carried the heavy burden on her arms.

“Taemin-o..ah, can you go with the library with me?” She knew that he would say no, but he nodded.

“Well…I don’t have anything I needed to do so let’s go.” He tried to carry the piles of paper.

“Kumawo.” She smiled dazzlingly but Taemin just didn’t mind her. She continued to follow him. Still, with a happy smile, she looked at his face. “You know what? You looked so down.”

“Really? We’re here.” They were already at the entrance way and as the two of them sat against each other, Taemin became more and more down as he looked at the busy Sulli. “Sulli-yah, do you have any close relative in your family?”

“Yeah. I have a cousin. Many people said that we looked alike but I don’t have any information about her anymore.”

 

 

End of Flashbacks

Sulli, still got irritated at him pulling his chair, putting his bangs in place, looked at him with awed eyes and gape mouth as he started to make a move and leave her. She tried to bite her pencil, in the point of cracking it already. Kim Jong In came at the last minute, before the pencil broke into two pieces due to her overexerting pressure on the pooor,poor, pencil.

“What’s up?” He laughed as he looked at the research papers scattered. “Venting your anger on the pencil?” He laughed hardly but Sulli doesn’t have the thing for having to laugh right now.

“I was left yet again. I don’t know but why does it feel like he’s drifting so far away from me again?” She pouted cutely. Kai just stared at him still smiling with ears that didn’t want to listen to her talking about Taemin yet again. Sulli saw the book Kai was reading, she showed interest to it but Kai just didn’t want her to see it.

“You know, what? I’ve seen that already….AHHHH!!!” She stood up again, trying to look at the book cover. “That was my cousin’s fav---“All eyes looked at Sulli, she noticed and bowed low and tried to sit down again.

Kai had an indifferent expression.”Pabo-yah, why didn’t you notice? Is it really hard to figure it out?”

“Hey, hey, do you know where she is right now? I hardly even know her whereabouts. Can you tell me? Pretty please~” She tried to hold his hand.

“Hey, you are disgusting. Stop with all of this muttering already. I’m outta here.”

“Kai, wait up! WAIT UP!” She chased him after but she lost track of him. “Why are many people leaving me here….”

It was the afternoon session. The most awaited time, there was a big message written in the blackboard, ‘Self-Study’. Sulli got too excited and wanted to chat with Krystal just for a little while. Sulli noticed that Krystal and Sehun got pretty attached with each other. They often stole glances to each other and were always seen with each other hanging out during lunch breaks.

Setting aside the matter, Taemin and Kai looked so awkward to each other. They never had a decent conversation to each other and they looked more like meant-to-be-rivals. She just couldn’t get the hang of the situation and tried to take a nap as long as she could.

While Kai was observing the surrounding, he saw Sulli trying to yawn and stretch out her hands. She buried her face with the book and tried to fall asleep.

Meanwhile, Taemin tried to call Kai’s attention by throwing pieces of crumpled papers right on his face. He had earphones back there so he couldn’t hear him not until he threw a crumpled paper. Kai got pretty pissed off with it and tried to glare at Taemin.

“Hey!” Taemin tried to gesture to go to the rooftop for now.

“We needed to…” Though hesitant, Kai still tried to follow him up to the rooftop.

Still, with the wind swiftly blowing by, Taemin tried to lean on the bars surrounding the rooftop. Kai tried to sit on the tiled floor and do his own things.

“Well…I was just wondering… what happened to you after her…death.” Taemin looked down while looking at the absent-minded Kai.

“Huh?” He knew how it would go on but got pretty stubborn to say a few things to him.

“It’s alright if you couldn’t say it….but just don’t drag Jin—Sulli here.” With a serious face, Kai tried to make a face and smirked a little.

“You’re pretty childish. Even if you’re a year older than me, you still have the same ideals such as I. “ Kai looked at the childish Taemin. “But, it was true. I really wanted to follow her, but I couldn’t. Thanks to Geun Young-noona, she helped me to recover to the trauma I had back then. But…  I promised something to Jiyeon.”

“Promise?” Taemin twitched his brows. He looked at Kai who got a straightforward face by that time.

“She wanted me to end up with Jinri so that she could be happy for me.”

“It felt like you are about to cry…” Taemin tried to joke around.

“No way. But, right now, I could only treat her as a friend.” Kai looked at Taemin’s eyes. “Because, it felt like she would be happier if she would go to someone else.”

“Who?” Taemin looked hopeless while yearning for the answer right through Kai’s mouth.

“I don’t want to spell everything just for you to know. I gotta go.” Kai tried to turn the knob of the door and went outside. Taemin followed him still speechless.

 

Sehun was trying to teach Krystal about the Intermediate Algebra lesson of theirs. He was carefully letting her to understand every nook and cranny of the subject and Krystal got so awkward with him.

Sehun tried to look at her notebook as Krystal also tried to get closer. Sehun was just an inch next to Krystal’s face. Krystal blushed with the turn of events but tried to keep her cool.

“Ah…so you needed to find x with this formula.” She tried to talk to lessen her embarrassment.

“Ah…yeah” Sehun politely answered. Krystal could feel his breath next to hers. Her heart was throbbing a little. Not until,…

All her attention diverted to the person entering the room. Simply, his aura filled her mind at that very moment. As she smiled giddily on his direction, Kai twitched his brows and laughed at her.

“Hey, what are you doing? Drooling over me, aren’t you?” Kai tried to look at the two of them. He felt like he wanted to break the two of them apart.

“No, no… Why would I?” She blushed yet again and all the girls were looking at the silly FAKE couple of their batch.

“Hey, hey, let me see what you two are doing.” Kai tried to get closer and Krystal’s chair as he pulled a seat next to hers. Sehun tried to fight back and also tried to snatch Krystal’s notebook on her table for Kai to not see what they were up to.

“I…I’m teaching her so you…you could just watch on the sidelines.” Sehun got to the point when he really wanted to grab Kai by his collar to just let him go away.

“Ah…that’s pretty easy.” While observing both of them, Kai got a clue and also tried to teach Krystal about far more easier ways than what Sehun was discussing a while ago.

“Oh…so that’s it. You could really be a good teacher.” Krystal looked happy while saying it as if it was taking her breath away.

Taemin entered the room fifteen minutes after Kai. He looked down yet again. But, as he saw Sulli drooling on her table, he couldn’t resist but to try to .

“Yah! Yah! Pabo Ji—Sulli-ah.” He tried to shake her chair. Sulli looked alarmed. Her forehead still red due to her burying her face to the book.

“Tae…Taemin-o…what is it?” She yawned loudly as the guys laughed seeing a lousy girl trying to relieve herself from being half-asleep.

“Haha.” Taemin laughed hardly. “Aish, you could call me Oppa.” Taemin wanted Sulli to get closer to him more. So that, they could know each other and be friends.

“Then….you,..you could call me Jinri.”

“Who said I couldn’t call you that?” Taemin ruffled Sulli’s hair to make it messier. “Who said that, huh? Jinri-yah?” He winked. “Look at those fools. Can’t Krystal see that both of those guys are fighting neck to neck because of her…”

“Huh?” Sulli also tried to look at the couple of people trying to impress the girl.

“No..no..” Kai tried to make his voice louder. “THIS IS A BETTER WAY.”

“Who said that? Our teacher properly explained…that..” Sehun couldn’t resist another compliment of Kai from Krystal.

Though Krystal looked a little dumbfounded because of the conflicting personalities of both of them, she seemed to be having fun while looking at their face. Then, she finally get to know something.

“I finally got to know another side of Kai…which I couldn’t see…unlike before.” Her mind circled those thoughts whenever she sees the tutor Kai surfacing.

Yay! Finally after a long break~

I finally got to muster courage just to update this

A cold night to everyone here in the Phils~

Were all of you able to watch 'MAXSTEP' of Younique Unit... Ehmeged...over Kai's scream there. Taemin-ah, really adorable, he looked so hot in the car. Ah...asdfghjkl...

Haha. Lewatch already guys~