one.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

Every person had this very incredible story that only he or she could tell.

                                                                                               She never tried to rob her friend.

                                                                                                She never believed at love.

                                                                                                She never betrayed anyone.

                                                                                                But, she never thought what would come.

J-Min(To the Beautiful You)- Stand Up- Soundtrack

The fast-paced days of Seoul had begun to Jinri. She looked at the night sky and pondered more of its beauty. She beheld at the brightest star she could see and desired that it was part of the Orion. She looked for her Polaroid and took a shot of the magnanimous scene. She heaved out a deep sight.

“I’m going to give this to Soojung-ah, she’d be thrilled.” Getting hyped up, the overly adorable young girl hid it on her drawer. She then, took out her diary and started a somewhat different kind of love story.

The only word she had written was the word, Best Friend. It was a very meaningful word to her heart. “Soojung-ah, I hope that I could give this picture to you.” She let out the shot she had taken. This was what Jinri meant from friendship. It was sharing everything and wishing to the stars above that your friendship would last forever.

She wrote at the back of the picture, “Let your dreams abound this sky and be free to rock the world. ^^”. Jinri hid it again on her drawer. “Now, she was back again with her diary.

/I had taken a stroll with my friend, Soojung, in an all-boys school. It was really drastic and I hate to tell you this but there was this guy that I had come to hate after seeing him. It was her boyfriend, Lee Taemin. From the look of things, I got the idea that it was pretty one-sided to my poor best friend’s side. Aww.. Jung Soojung, I hate to tell this but I think you chose a boyfriend that doesn’t really like you. /

 End of the story, Jinri left reality to go to the dream land. She pictured a nice view of the ocean and she was writing her name of the seashore with a stick on her hand and on the sand she wrote, ‘Choi  Jinri will soon find her love.’ Jinri chuckled more and appreciated the scenic view. Meanwhile, there came standing a man she thought around the same age as her holding a bucket of sand.

But, she heard the *Balloons by DBSK*. She turned off her cellphone alarm and had so much bed hair on herself. “Aigoo..first day of classes and such a mess.” Jinri looked at herself in the mirror. She groomed her hair and get rid of the tangled hairs. She now brushed her teeth which was as clean as ever and got downstairs. “Mnmm..Omurice. Haha.” Sulli got the joy she had wanted from the dish her mother prepared for her.

“Sulli-ah, Krystal’s mom is going to pick you. Be aware that her parents are your dad’s boss.” Her mom glared at her. She glared due to Sulli starting to dig up again. “Mianhe, I know that already Umma.” She started to dug in again and was full.

“Jinri-ah, don’t forget your lunchbox. You’re always so forgetful of things. Mianhe, umma.” She kissed her mom goodbye and waited for Krystal’s mom’s car in front of her house.

“Mnmm…fresh air.” She said to herself.

She is just a normal girl with hopes of finding love in her new school. She braided her hair and her skirt is shorter compared to the normal ones. She likes racket sports and is the ace of her previous middle school’s tennis club for girls. “Oh..why would they take so long?” Sulli pouted adorably.

And now, here comes the white car she was waiting for. The windows of the car lowered and a woman about the same age of her mother peeped, it was Krystal’s mom after all. “Sulli-ah, here.  Let’s go.” Mrs. Jung looked at her and waved. She waved back and ran to get on the car.

“Shhh.. Kyrstal’s sleeping so please be careful not to awake her, okay?” The sleeping princess was sitting and sleeping beside Sulli. Sulli smiled as she looked at Krystal. “Sleeping beauty as always. Why does she look so tired?”

“Oh…it’s because her favorite Oppa would be transferring to the school you’d be going to. I had a call from his parents and they were very happy that the two could meet in high school. He’s really a big brother to Krystal. Jinri-ah, please report everything to me about them. I don’t want the two of them to be together. Though, they looked like they already are. She prepared a towel just for him.”

Suddenly. Krystal started to move and yawned. She rubbed her sleepy eyes and looked at Sulli. “Ohayo, annyeonghaseyo, hello, Jinri-ah.” She hugged Sulli who was frozen at the moment. “Don’t tell that I met up with him to mom, huh? I’ve heard of your conversation.” Krystal winked at her.

“Okay.” She gave an okay sign. Now, they are already in front of the school. “I’d be picking the two of you, huh? Sulli-ah, you know what to do. Krystal, introduce her to Mr. Lee. I think they suit each other.” Sulli blushed and looked at Krystal who kissed her mother in the cheek.

“Bye!” They both say goodbye. They entered the high school and Sulli looked petrified again. "Wooww..” She circled her eyes on the school. “What are you doing Jinri-ah? The bells are ringing, come!” Krystal was already running. Sulli chased behind. “Mnmm...the scent of a high class life.” Sulli murmured.

The opening ceremony commenced and both of them yawned and giggled after due to the lengthy speech the nerdy top of the class student gave. “Haha. He looked so nervous, haha.” Krystal said to Sulli. “Yeah, I’m sure he was about to pee on his pants already.” Sulli said and gave another chuckle.

They are now at Class 1-B. Freshmen of the same class, Choi Jinri and Jung Soojung. Everyone looked at them due to their appearance. A girl stood up and asked, “Are you Jung Soojung? The heiress of the Jung Group of Companies, I’ve heard so much of you from my father.” She ran to Krystal and shook her hand. “Who are you by the way?” Krystal shook her hand. “I’m Hwang Mimi. Nice to meet you.” Krystal scanned the classroom. “Oh my god, I don’t want to have this socialite in the school.” She looked for Sulli.

Sulli just sat on a vacant chair temporarily. She looked at Krystal who was already a part of the in-crowd. “Well..this serves me as a social climber.” Meanwhile, shy boys came to Sulli.

“Are you from the tennis club of XXX Middle School? I’ve seen you competing before.” Sulli got up and shook their hands. “I’m glad, you are here. Hehe. I’ve always been your fan.” Another boy tried to get to know her. “Waahh..Choi Jinri.”

Sulli was happily talking to all of the boys in the class. Krystal was happily teaching her ‘friends’ with the kind of stitches she knows. The class was divided into two. The teacher introduced a classmate Krystal already knew. “Mnmm..well..” The teacher started the talking. This young man here is always part of the top class and has maintained a constant rank of being always at the top. But, last year, as a matter of fact, he was always absent and was not able to take tests to pass his year. So, he would be joining this class starting now. Please, introduce yourself.” The teacher looked at the man next to her.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Lee Taemin. I’m one of the competitors who joined the National Soccer Competition. I’m really happy to be with you guys.” Lee Taemin had the most wonderful smile that you cannot turn down. “Now, Mr. Lee, choose a vacant seat.”

Lee Taemin looked at the empty seats. “Oh..then, I’d go to Krystal.” Taemin giggled as he ran off to the seat next to Krystal. “Annyeong~” He greeted her politely. “Oppa~” Krystal smiled back.

“Oh…looks like you already have a companion to go around the school.” Unbeknownst to everyone, Lee Taemin and Jung Krystal recently started to go out. They had conspired of a plan to be able to be together. Krystal was head-over-heels to Taemin but with Taemin’s case, no one knew of his feelings for the girl. Sulli just randomly saw them eating with each other on the rooftop.

“Yah, care if I join?” She said to the two. Krystal replied, “No prob. We’re talking about you just before you came here.” Krystal and Taemin looked at each other.

“What are you two doing here alone?” Sulli sat beside Krystal.

“Oh. My mom’s sending me a lot of texts. What she’s in front of the school right now? What now is she going to make me attend to another boring opera play or a meeting? Bye, the two of you. “Krystal went to her mother.

There was again an awkward silence to be expected. “I always see you with Krystal. Are you two really friends?”

“No way, she’d think of me as a friend. I’m just her supporter-slash-nanny or whatever you call someone who is always by your side to serve you.” Sulli opened her lunch box.

“What is that?” Taemin looked at it. “Oh..omurice, mind sharing?” Sulli dejected herself. Taemin pouted.

“I don’t want. Your—ahem ahem” Sulli took a big spoonful  and was choking.

“Yah! You okay? Here, drink.” Taemin was kindly helping but Sulli vomited instantly on his uniform.

“What kind of woman are you really?! I’ve always been kind to you due to Krystal.” Taemin couldn’t believe the situation.

“Aish..Take off your coat and I’ll wash it for you.” Sulli forced to take off the shirt. “Lee Taemin, don’t be too proud. Aish..”

“You. You really want to mess with me?! If only you are a boy, I’d be beating you up!” Taemin cowered.

“Ah, really? Then, beat me up! Haha. You cannot, right? You are a gay.” Sulli grinned as he saw Taemin shaking.

“You, you’ll pay for this insult.” Taemin went to go home. “Mr. Kim, I wanted to go home this instant.” He was contacting their butler. “Hmm…I want to go home. Aish.” Sulli giggled as he heard his cute stomping.

“This serves you right, Lee Taemin. Why would I let you indirectly kiss me with that bottle of water you have?”

“You. You Choi Jinri. You’d be paying this with your life!!”