Chapter 2

Your Choice

 

When Sungyeol and the ‘L’ guy were safely in the bathroom, he locked the door and turned to the tall boy.

            “What was…in that bottle?” Sungyeol asked, scared half to death. He could feel his blood drying, but his eye still hurt like crap.

            When the other wouldn’t answer, Sungyeol demanded, “Tell me. What was in that bottle? Am I going to die?” A sudden realization struck him. “WAIT. NO. I DON’T WANNA DIE. I’M TOO YOUNG TO DIE. OH, LORD, HELP ME. I DON’T WANNA DIEEEEE.”

            “Shut the up, will you?” the other jeered, his ear to the door. “I’m trying to figure out what’s going on outside, and if you won’t shut up, I swear I’m going to ing kill you.”

            “…Why don’t you just open the door? It’s not like they can see if the door’s open, you know.”

            He rolled his eyes and answered, “Did you not hear Woohyun? He told me to lock the door. And if I don’t lock it, he’ll know.”

            Sungyeol stayed quiet for a while until the other boy finally got pissed at not being able to hear anything. He stood up and walked over to Sungyeol, who was sitting on the sink counter, examining the expensive, French soaps.

            “Here, look at me,” he said, grabbing onto Sungyeol’s chin and pulling him to face him.

            Sungyeol shut both of his eyes when the other let go, rummaging through the cupboards to get something.

            “So…what’s your name? I’m Sungyeol, by the way. Lee Sungyeol. My friend’s Sunggyu hyung. I heard you say that the other guy’s name was Woohyun…right?”

            The other nodded, saying, “Yeah. He’s my older brother, Nam Woohyun.”

            “What’s your name?”

            “L Kim.”

            “…Wait what? I thought you said that Woohyun was your brother –“

            “He is,” L sneered, pulling something from the cabinet and standing up. “I don’t want to talk about it, okay?”

            “…Wait, is L even a legit name?” Sungyeol pondered, more to himself than to L. “I mean, it’s just a letter. A freaking letter. How can that be an – OW! WHAT THE -!”

            L was applying some sort of liquid with a Q-tip onto Sungyeol’s scar. Obviously, it hurt a lot. “I said I didn’t want to talk about it already, didn’t I? Now will you shut the up already before I let you die?”

            Sungyeol stayed quiet, biting his lip to prevent him from screaming loudly. He tried that thing that Sunggyu always did – staring into somebody’s eyes to intimidate them or to even ‘see’ their true feelings. Sunggyu hyung always used it on him when he knew that Sungyeol did something wrong.

            But it wouldn’t work. It just wouldn’t. Whenever Sungyeol managed to lock eyes with L, L just pushed him away by staring straight back at him, even scarier. His eyes were a light, brown color that somehow reminded Sungyeol of cold ice. That was brown. LIKE COKE ICE, Sungyeol thought, having to hold himself down from jumping up and down, remembering the distant memory of when he and Sunggyu froze Coca-Cola in ice cube trays. They were really good. Like, really good. Sungyeol wouldn’t stop making them for the next few weeks and went on a sugar high for at least a month.

            “Will you stop doing that?” L asked, sounding a little frustrated.

            “Doing what?” Sungyeol asked back. He wasn’t doing anything. Except thinking about his Coke ice.

            “Looking at me like that. You look like you’re constipated.”

            “Whaaatttttt.” Sunggyu hyung never looked like he was constipated. He just looked scary.

            L shook his head, sighing. “Lift your head back.”

            “What? Why?”

            Rolling his eyes, L showed Sungyeol the bottle in his hands. “Woohyun’s a chemist genius. He mixes different chemicals to get different reactions; I usually don’t bother to care anymore. Whatever hit your eye, that was probably one of his projects in the making. So just lean back and let me put this in your eye before it bursts out.”

            Sungyeol, scared half to death, willingly leaned back as L’s soft hands opened his eye. He felt the drops hit his cornea…and it ing burned. Burned like nothing ever had before. It was like…placing a burned match on his face and leaving it there without water.

            He pushed L away in distress, grabbing onto his eye in complete and utter pain. “OH MY GODDDD I’M GOING TO GO BLIND…WHAT…NO I NEED MY EYES. IT’S THE ONLY THING I’VE GOTTEN THAT LETS ME SEE THE WORLD…GOD, DON’T TAKE AWAY MY EYE. OH, PRAISE THE LORD, HELP ME.”

            L, on the floor, groaned. “What the is wrong with you?”

            “WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME? YOU’RE GONNA MAKE ME GO ING BLIND!”

            “What is wrong with you, seriously?” L pulled himself up, throwing the plastic bottle into the trash can. “That was immediate medic. It’s a healer for the eye when something dangerous hits it.”

            “Oh.” Sungyeol let his hand down as he realized that his eye wasn’t burning as much. Actually, it wasn’t burning at all. “Thanks, then.”

            “I’d really rather not get the thanks. Help me up. Seriously. And there’re Band-Aids in the cupboard…get one and put it on the scar.”

            Sungyeol decided to help himself to a Band-Aid instead of helping L, which earned him a “you bastard” mutter. Rummaging through the cupboard, he sighed.

            “YAH! Why’re all your Band-Aid’s black?!”

 

When Sungyeol had left with the other guy, Sunggyu had watched, mourning at the sight of his only helpful person walking away. Then he remembered…Woohyun was here. Woohyun was right in front of him.

            “Sunggyu…”

            He turned to find Woohyun grabbing onto his wrist.

            “What do you want?” Sunggyu spit out, pulling his wrist back. “You said that you wouldn’t come back. And I ing believed you. You said that you would never appear in front of my face again.”

            “Well, I wasn’t going to. I mean, you’re the one that came here and –“

            “I’m not in the mood for jokes, Woohyun.”

            “Hyung. I didn’t know that I was coming back either.”

            “How long have you been here?” Sunggyu asked, mad as hell but ignoring his mind’s constant nagging to smack Woohyun in the face.

            Silence. Pure silence.

            “…Woohyun…”

            “Three years.”

            “What?” Sunggyu’s voice was in a quiet, dangerous tone. He was mad. Very, very mad.

            Woohyun noticed this, slowly backing down. “I’m sorry, Sunggyu. I really am. I knew you didn’t want to see me, so…I ended up getting homeschooled. For three years. I never left this place. Which reminds me, how did you get here in the first place?”

            Sunggyu rolled his eyes, remembering his friend’s genius brains of not remembering how to get back, but knowing how to get here. “That isn’t important right now. But you said that you were never coming back!”

            “I didn’t know either! Why do you think I stayed here? My teacher was a . A complete, utter . L and I hated her to death. But I managed to survive with her because…because I knew that I couldn’t go back to school.”

            “L? Who’s L?” Sunggyu asked. Woohyun bit back a smile from hearing that itty, bitty hint of jealousy

            But he knew he couldn’t lie to Sunggyu. “L’s my brother. He’s the guy that you just saw.”

            “You have a brother?” Sunggyu had known Woohyun for at least twelve years, and none of those twelve years told Sunggyu that Woohyun had a brother.

            “It’s a long story,” Woohyun said, sounding a little pained. Sunggyu ignored that part of his voice – he should be pained after what he did to Sunggyu. He thought that after what Woohyun had done to him, he would never have to see that disgusting son of a ’s face again. Oh, how he was wrong.

            “…Hyung, are you okay?”

            Sunggyu turned around to face Sungyeol, whose face was full of worry. The older male dropped his look to hatred at he examined his dongsaeng’s face. His eye was slowly getting less puffy, and there was a pitch black Band-Aid on his right cheek. Black? Did they even make black Band-Aids?

            The other boy, L, walked up behind him. His face fell when his eyes landed on Woohyun.

            “Hyung.” L walked over to his older brother. Woohyun’s hands were gripped on the table, staring at the ground. Was he…crying?

            “Hyung, look at me. What happened here?” L shook his brother’s shoulder. “Hyung.”

            Woohyun stayed quiet, looking up straight at Sunggyu and only at him. Sunggyu felt his heart drop, looking at the tear-struck face of his ex-boyfriend.

So here the drama starts! (Again, I don't remember what I put last time...but I did put something about drama and Woogyu. I'm so sorry, I have the memory of a goldfish, ok?) OH. I remember. About the Coke ice - you guys should really try it. Freeze the soda you're about to drink into ice cubes and then put it in the soda later on. If you're like me and like your drinks cold, but aboely HATE it when it gets watery, you should do this. :)