Chapter 30

Your Choice

 

I deeply apologize for the short chapter ._. It's because I just got home from church (Assumption of Mary, I believe?) and I'm really sleepy and tired -.- alright, I got it, not the best excuse [I don't usually have good excuses], but I'll try to make it up tomorrow♥

“Hey.”

            Gyuri looked up from the counter, finding a disappointed Sungyeol standing in front of her. “Oh! Hi. Is there anything you need?”

            “Yeah,” he said, giving her a sad smile. He nodded to the two full plates in front of him. “Can you get these to-go for me? Turns out my friends aren’t coming.”

            “Alright,” she smiled, taking the two plates and two two-go boxes in hand. “You look sad. What’s wrong?”

            “Well…” Sungyeol paused for a second, wondering if he should say anything. But whatever – freak this. “This vacation was supposed to be with my friends and my boyfriend. My boyfriend’s one of the guys that aren’t coming. I just wanted to spend some time at the beach with him, but he and his brother are really stubborn, so they stayed back at the beach house.”

            “Ah,” she nodded understandingly as she pushed the food into the boxes. “Boyfriend? Pity…I thought you were cute.”

            “I’m not gay, if you were wondering.”

            “What?” Gyuri looked up from the first box, grabbing the next plate. “But I thought you said boyfriend…wait, so you’re interested in girls?”

            “Nope.”

            “Okay, you’re totally confusing me here.”

            Sungyeol giggled a little, then answered, “I don’t know what ual orientation I am. I just know that I’m attracted to him.”

            She grinned, closing the second box and ruffling his hair. “You’re cute.”

            “That’s what they all say.”

            Grabbing a sharpie from her right, Gyuri asked, “First boy’s name?”

            “Woohyun.”
            Her hand froze as the pen pushed harder onto the lid of the box. “What?”

            “Woohyun…you asked what the first boy’s name was. Is there something wrong? You don’t look okay.”

            “I’m fine,” she said, giving him a reassuring smile. There’re a lot of Woohyun’s in this world, she reminded herself as she quickly scribbled the name down and grabbed the next boy. “And the other one?”

            “L. Wait – no, put Myungsoo,” Sungyeol told her, giving the older woman a cheeky smile. “That’s his real name, but everybody calls him L. Only I get to call him Myungsoo.”

            The box fell from her hands, crashing down as the food spilled everywhere. A nanosecond later, the sharpie clinked onto the ground, clearly heard.

            “Oh my God! Are you alright? Do you need help?” Sungyeol asked, looking at her with his wide, worried eyes.

            “No, no, I’m fine.” Gyuri, shaking, bent down to the food. “I – I’ll clean this up and g – get you another serving. Don’t worry.”

            She ran back into the kitchen, leaving a very confused Sungyeol behind.

 

“First the eggs, then the rice…WOOHYUN. THE RICE IS OVERCOOKED!”

            “What?” Woohyun rushed to L’s side, staring down at the mushy mess that was supposed to be their dinner. “Oh.”

            “I ASKED YOU TO MAKE FOUR CUPS, MEANING YOU ONLY FILL THE WATER UP TO SIXTEEN. I don’t even know why I asked you to do it…you’re virtually useless.”

            “YOU CAN’T BLAME ME. I CLEARLY TOLD YOU THAT I INHERITED MOTHER’S COOKING SKILLS.”

            L paused for a second, recalling their family’s ruined Thanksgiving last year due to his brother and mother’s destruction of the turkey, corn, cranberries, and stuffing. The only thing the family had left to eat that night was mashed potatoes and chocolate cake (which were absolutely perfect due to L and his father’s exceptional cooking skills). His mother and Woohyun had insisted that they could prove themselves that year – big turn of events that became.

            “Alright, I got it, it was partially my fault,” L sighed. “Just…get the shrimp out of the fridge and cut them to small pieces. The fried rice is going to end up being fried…soup.”

            “Why’d we even end up making fried rice?!” Woohyun asked L. “I told Sunggyu hyung that we were going to making something good, not something that you could get made at home fifty times better!”

            “Well, please remember that they all live in dorms, where the food probably . So my conclusion is, no matter how horrid our food turns out to be, it won’t be half as bad as the food there.”

            Woohyun sighed, walking over to the freezer and pulling out the shrimp. He wrinkled his nose, unwrapping it and getting ready to defrost it in the microwave.

            “I seriously do apologize to you guys if you die from food poisoning,” Woohyun quietly said.

 

“SUNGGYU HYUNG! LOOK AT THE SANDCASTLE I BUILT!” Sungyeol shouted, standing up and jumping up and down at the poorly built box of sand.

            “It’s…very beautiful,” Sunggyu managed to swallow out, examining the ugly thing carefully. Something that he learned – never insult the choding on anything he handmade. Never.

            “And right here,” Sungyeol started, pointing at a lump in the sand, “is you, Sunggyu hyung! Isn’t it pretty?”

            Sunggyu scratched the back of his head, trying to find any resemblance whatsoever to him and the lump, but failed. “Yeah…looks exactly like me…”

            “AND THIS,” Sungyeol said, even more excited, “is Myungsoo!”

            Blinking, Sunggyu kept staring at the slab of sand next to the lump of him. “…L would…love it…”

            “Wouldn’t he? I’ll take a picture and send it to him!” Sungyeol pulled out his cell phone from his pocket.

            “W – wait, Sungyeol, don’t –“

            Sunggyu’s protests were interrupted by a large wave overcoming all of Sungyeol’s precious, hard-worked portraits and castle. He breathed a sigh of relief before seeing the sad look on his best friend’s face.

            “I…worked…so hard…” Sungyeol faltered before breaking out into tears. “Hyung…make it come back!”

            Laughing, Sunggyu just bent down to pat the choding on the back. “It’s okay.”

            “Should I make another one?”

            “NO! I mean, the first one was special. You don’t want a replacement one, right?” Sunggyu suggested, hoping that Sungyeol really wouldn’t make another freaking mush pile of sand of him and L.

            “…Alright then, hyung,” Sungyeol sighed. “Let’s go play in the water, or something. I wanna know this place so that I can show Myungsoo around tomorrow!”

            Sunggyu nodded, watching as his best friend ran over to join Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sungjong. Today was fun so far, but it really would’ve been better with Woohyun and L…

            There’s really something weird going on between those two, Sunggyu thought. He discarded it for a second, though, to go and play with his friends.

 

“I. Miss. Sungjong…” Hwayoung sighed, stabbing her spoon into the bowl of ice cream.

            “Oh my God,” Fei rolled her eyes, lowering the volume of the drama on the TV. “That’s, like, the fiftieth time you’ve said that this hour. If you were going to miss him so much, why didn’t you just go with him on the trip?!”

            “Because I wanted to stay here with you.” Hwayoung pouted, putting the spoonful into . “I hope he’s okay right now…”

            “He’s a big boy, he can take care of himself,” Fei said, patting her hand.

            “I know, it’s just –“

            “JIAAAA UNNNIIIIIIEEEE! FEIIIII! SUZYYYYY! I’M HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” A very familiar, loud voice shout out.

            Fei and Hwayoung’s eyes widened as they ran to the door, opening it to reveal a very heavily-packed Min to storm in.

            “OMG! HWAYOUNG, YOU’RE HERE TOO? IT’S LIKE THE WHOLE FAMILY, BACK TO GOOD TIMES!”

            Min laughed again, grabbing Fei and Hwayoung into a big hug. The stairs pounded with footsteps as Jia and Suzy ran down.

            “MINNIE! YOU’RE HOME!” Suzy shouted, running to her older sister. Ever since she was young, ‘Min Unnie’ had been too much for her to say, so it became ‘Minnie’.

            “Aww, how’s my little Suzy doing?” Min asked, hugging her as she pinched the little girl’s cheeks.

            “Nice to see you home, sis,” Jia said, patting Min on the head. “You’re staying here forever, right?”

            “Of course, yo!” She said in English, pulling her countless amount of luggages in.

            Staring at the blank faces of her sisters and friend, Min laughed. “Sorry, guys. That’s basically ‘yes’ in English. Got an offer from L’s family, I’m here right away!”

            Min looked around for a second, then asked, “Hey…where’s L? It’s summer, now. Shouldn’t he be visiting?”

            “Naw, L’s on vacation to the beach with his boyfriend and friends,” Fei told her, finishing off her spoon of ice cream.

            Right away, the bags that Min was holding dropped to the ground. “…L? Beach? But…he wouldn’t…he can’t…”

            She looked at Jia worriedly and the oldest sister nodded, just as worried as she was. Fei and Hwayoung’s eyes were both on each other, a little uncomfortable. Suzy was the only one too small to know what was going on.

            There was one thought going on simultaneously in their heads: there was no way L would survive at the beach with the scars, both physically and mentally, that their mom had given him

I hope a few of your questions are answered now ^^ hehe now you guys know who the bish is. And her connection, minus being the stupid meanie-head teacher. And about the video...I'm not going to reply to any comments about it because that's a freaking spoiler. LOL. :P

COMMENT REPLIESSS...I might now be as happy and cheerful as I usually am because, well, I'm tired. But I'm trying! :)

@pripir: haha, but if it doesn't happen *wink wink* don't kill me :PP

@dojorockergirl: isn't that the cutest thing ever? ~~ about the video. Above A/N, please :)

@NinjaDae: LOLOL nice little suspicious you got there ;P above A/N, please :)

@inspirit-kay: Sunggyu's sweet about all of them♥ about the video, above A/N, please :)

@deliciousyou: LOL I DO. :P and Gyu's gonna get mad at them either way, hahaha. about the video, above A/N please :)

@lolaurakelly: above A/N, please :)

@i_L: LOL YOUR COMMENTS ALWAYS MANAGE TO MAKE MY DAY. :DD lolololol you should do that. I completely second it. And you -.- I was really hoping you'd be the one person who'd notice that right away. It was your freaking idea, after all. ;)

@chariiit: YES, LET'S. HAHH I seriously am going to die in school~~ *sighs* if school was writing fanfics all day, I could survive. But it's not. So bleah.

@rahhouma: YES, YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE. AND HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

@Pikachu-chan: about the video? Above A/N, please :) [HAHAHA SIDENOTE, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR USERNAME!]

@B1A4Katie1: HAHA. THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT :P but like...I wasn't too sure. I should've figured, you know, from the username and everything. Yeah. I'm just stupid. Yeah, about the bish, pretty much :P

@eunhyuklover99: above A/N, please :)

@ZO9ZO9: about the video, above A/N, please :) and yeah, it was :P

@ChocoAikocream: HAHA you should feel loved :P and yeah...I hope so, too :) sometime~~

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: LOL, does it? HAHAHHAHAHA CALM DOWN, IT'LL BE OKAY!! And maybe. Sooner. Or later. ;DDDD

@MasterL: I'M SO ASDFGHJKL SORRY T.T I'LL MAKE A LONGER CHAPTER TOM, I PROMISEEEEEEEEEEEE♥ And about the video, above A/N please :)

HEHE LOL LOOK AT HOW MANY 'ABOVE A/N PLEASE :)' I PUT. ._. don't take it personally...well, I don't even know how you could take it personally. :DDD It's nice to see that people are getting suspenseful~~ lol i'm so much happier now than I was before ._. I'm looking at the top A/N's and I feel like so depressed staring at it XDD hehe~~ AND I'M SORRY AGAIN FOR THE SHORT UPDATE, I'LL TRY TO MAKE IT LONGER TOMORROW, I PROMISE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART THAT'S KINDA SMALL BUT IT'S STILL A HEART.

ohhhhh AND TODAY IS HOONIE'S BDAY♥ [U-KISS's Hoon] He's 22!! I JUST WANTED TO WISH HIM THE HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY EVARRRRRRRRR. I LOVE YOU HOON♥