Chapter 38

Your Choice

 

HII :P I'm updating right now because I gotta tell you guys something~~ from now until school starts, I can only update every other day D: I have to volunteer at my cousin's school to get extra community service credits~~ D: I'M SORRRYYY!!

And uh. Does it seem like the story isn't progressing too much? It's because it can't. The only couple that can possibly progress is Woogyu because Woohyun's the only one that's actually AWAKE. I can't really go on with the other couples without doing scenes like the ones I've been doing for the past few days unless there's a time skip. :P hehe just wanted to say to tell you guys that if you were wondering~~ :)

“Oh, here’s the picture of us at the shopping mall,” Sunggyu said, pointing to the picture on his phone.

            “Ew. Did I really wear that? Oh God…I look so fashion deprived.” Woohyun stuck out his tongue, glaring at the picture.

            Sunggyu just rolled his eyes, laughing. “Yes, you did…and that’s the end of my pictures so far.” He closed his cell phone and put it back in his pocket.

            “Hyung…”

            “Hmm?” Sunggyu looked up, a little worried when he saw the look on Woohyun’s face.

            “Why won’t you tell me? About my brother. Or how I got here…” Woohyun’s eyes got wider as he started pouting.

            Cute or not, Sunggyu didn’t want to tell him anything. Last night at the dorms, Sungyeol had told him everything. The video. Gyuri. Everything.

            When Sunggyu didn’t utter a word, Woohyun said, “The doctor told you to tell me. I need – no, I want to regain my memories. Please, hyung?”

            “Is that true?”

            Sunggyu turned around to find the doctor behind him. “W – what is true?”

            “Sunggyu, please come outside. We need to talk,” the doctor said, raising his eyebrows and pointing to the door.

            Obliging, Sunggyu nodded and stood up to follow the man outside, leaving a deranged Woohyun behind.

            “Yes?” Sunggyu asked the medic when they had reached out of Woohyun’s earshot.         

            “You haven’t told Woohyun anything? About his memories?” The doctor asked, crossing his arms.

            Blushing a bit, Sunggyu shook his head. “No…it’s just…I haven’t told him anything about his brother, or the past, or what happened in the period when we weren’t together. Heck, he doesn’t even know that we broke up! I didn’t want to tell him because…well, it has things to do with his past and brother.”

            “Sunggyu…”

            “I know, I have to tell him. But…won’t the pills help him regain his memories?”

            “Sunggyu…you have to tell him,” the man said, sighing. “I gave him the pills because it helps him cope with it. After you tell him what happened, he’d be able to comprehend it and eventually remember. It’s not like he’s going to wake up and remember everything right away – you need to tell him. That’s how the brain works [A/N: LOLOLOL no it’s not. I just made that up XD].”

            Nodding, Sunggyu took a deep breath and walked into the room behind him.

 

Sungjong was sitting on the ground, watching as the two girls in front of him had their eyes closed, both looking so peaceful. Both looking like they were sleeping, like they would wake up any minute.

            There was one small difference, though. The girl laying on the bed wasn’t going to wake up anytime soon.

            “Oh! Sungjong!”

            Looking up, he saw Jia walk in with a plastic bag in hand. “Why’re you sitting on the floor? Here, I’ll wake up Suzy –“

            “No, it’s okay,” Sungjong interrupted quickly. “I’m fine with sitting here…this way, I can watch over both of them.”

            Jia smiled, handing him the bag. “You’re such a sweet kid, I swear…here’s your food. Min was looking all over the internet trying to find the best place to buy kimchi soup and rice. That’s mainly the reason why it took us so long. You must be starving.”

            “No, it’s okay,” Sungjong said, opening the bag. “Thank you, by the way…”

            “It’s no problem. Tell me if you need anything, alright? Min and I will always be here for you, don’t worry.”

            Sungjong let out a little smile as he opened the box of food and took his chopsticks out. “Do you think Suzy’s hungry…?”

            “The girl eats too much for her own good,” Jia joked as she bent down to sit next to him.

“Hey…do you…think Hwayoung gets fed enough?” The chopsticks abruptly stopping, Sungjong lifted his tear-streaked eyes to stare at the tube that was responsible for feeding his girlfriend until she woke up from her coma. “Hwayoung…has a big appetite…she eats a lot…”

            “I’m sure she’s fine,” Jia assured, ushering him to eat the food. He nodded, slowly putting grains of rice into his mouth.

            “She likes strawberries,” Sungjong said quietly, recalling that one debate they had at the mall about candy flavors.

            “What was that?”

            “Nothing,” Sungjong quickly said, shaking his head. He mentally promised to buy Hwayoung as many strawberry candies as she wanted when she woke up.

 

Fei sighed, looking up at the sky, then back at the couple that was running around and chasing each other in front of her. She smiled, knowing that they were happy.

            She didn’t want to go anywhere but stay at the hospital and make sure her brother and best friend were okay, but Hoya and Dongwoo convinced her that she had to get some fresh air and take her mind off of her loved ones.

            They’d asked Jia, Min, Suzy, Sunggyu, and Sungyeol if they wanted to come. Jia didn’t want to go because she said that somebody had to watch over L and Woohyun, Min because she was scared of Sunggyu, Suzy because she wanted to stay with Hwayoung Unnie, Sunggyu because he thought Min was going and because he wanted to stay with Woohyun, and Sungyeol because he wanted to stay in the dorm alone. They hadn’t even bothered to ask Sungjong because they knew that he wanted to stick by Hwayoung no matter what.

            Fei really didn’t want to go, but now that she was watching Hoya and Dongwoo like this, she didn’t regret a thing. If her brother and Sungyeol were this happy, she’d literally melt into a puddle.

            “Hey...Fei…” Dongwoo breathed as he ran back to her. She grinned, giving him a small wave before Hoya finally tackled his boyfriend down.

            “I…got…you!” Hoya tried to say enthusiastically, but he ended up just falling down and breathing heavily. “I’m so tired…”

            Dongwoo smiled and sat up, giving Hoya a quick kiss before pulling him up, too. “C’mon. Let’s go get some ice cream, okay? I think that’d be best for the hot weather right now.”

            Again, Fei let out a smile and stood up from the bench, nodding. She followed the hand-holding couple, depressing memories of being third-wheeled from Hwayoung and Sungjong reappearing in her mind.

            Hwayoung and Sungjong…I hope that they work out, Fei thought nervously, biting her lip. I didn’t expect Father to go and do this to her…God, it’s basically our fault for letting them stay there! Why couldn’t we bring her with us?!

            “Fei?” Dongwoo turned around when he realized the girl was crying. Looking at Hoya, the two turned and walked to her. “You okay?”

            She shook her head, looking at the ground as her tears wet the concrete. “It’s…it’s our fault that Hwayoung’s like that right now. If we…hadn’t let her stay home…”

            “It’s okay,” Hoya soothed her, patting her shoulder. He and Dongwoo let go of each other’s hands as Dongwoo walked to the other side of Fei.

            “You didn’t know that that was going to happen,” Dongwoo finished.

            Fei shut her eyes, trying not to let anymore water out. While at it, though, she couldn’t help but smile at how compatible the two were together.

 

“MYUNGSOO! I’M HERE!” Sungyeol shouted, running into the room. He crashed onto the seat next to the boy as his wide smile fell, realizing that he was unconscious.

            “I was going to stay back at the dorm, but Hoya went out with Dongwoo hyung and Fei…they asked me if I wanted to come, but I really didn’t feel like going out. But when I was in the dorm, I was feeling a bit lonely, so I decided to visit you. You’re lonely too, aren’t you?”

            Beep, beep, the heart rate monitor responded.

            “Aigoo, be quiet!” Sungyeol told it. “Whenever I come here and just talk to you, I feel like I’m cheating on Soo Soo!”

            Beep, beep, beep, beep, it defended. Beep.

            “Yeah, I don’t like you either.” Sungyeol stuck a tongue out at it and turned back to face his boyfriend. “Hey, Myungie, are they feeding you well here?”

            Sungyeol sighed again, eyeing the tube that artificially fed the unconscious teenager. He had noticed that Hwayoung had one, too.

            “I’m happy you’re not brain dead,” he said, smiling sadly. “You’re going to wake up and be with me in a few weeks, right?”

            Myungsoo stayed quiet as the heart rate monitor answered Sungyeol back.

            Sungyeol, managing to ignore it for the first time, wiped a tear away. “I feel so bad for Sungjong…he’s always been so strong, even after his father died and his mom sent him away…he never cried. But seeing him break down like this, it really does hurt to watch…

            “Talking about parents, I’m still not sure if I should call yours. I can’t tell the doctor that it wasn’t your parents that abused you, but if I don’t, your parents will never know that you or Woohyun are hurt. I told Sunggyu hyung about the video last night and what Fei told me, though. He cried a lot…he’s probably sad that Woohyun doesn’t even remember you.

            “At least you’re still going to be unconscious by the time Woohyun has his memories back – I hope. You would be so hurt if he didn’t remember you. To be honest, I used to be a bit jealous of your relationship with Woohyun. How you guys were so close, brothers or not…but I stopped after seeing that video. Woohyun hyung really does care a lot about you, you know. You can see it in his eyes. He might’ve hated you for a while, but I swear, you’re probably his life. After Sunggyu hyung, of course.”

            Myungsoo’s hand around the IV needle, Sungyeol let out a laugh between his tears. “I’m really crazy, talking to myself like this. Can you hear me, Myungsoo?...Obviously not. It’s okay, though, because I know that even if you were here, you’d still listen to me.”

            Sungyeol laid down his head on his arms, hand still clutching Myungsoo’s. “I’m tired, Myungie. I didn’t get much sleep last night…but I guess since your lap isn’t available, this will do…”

            Slowly, Sungyeol shut his eyes, and the two lovers began to dream together.

Everybody needs a sweet Myungyeol ending. Even if Myungsoo's not even conscious. XD

And um...yesterday my little sister noticed some writing error in my past few chapters. I'm so sorry! First of all, English isn't my first language (although I'm fairly decent) and I don't proofread/edit anything (I find that I can't stand reading my writing twice, so I don't ;P), so if you guys find a mistake PLEASE tell me so I can go fix it! Thank you all~~ :)

COMMENT REPLIESS!! 

@asdfghjklomg: YOU'RE A GENIUS. A PURE GENIUS.

@inspirit-kay: LOL yeah, I told you thank you on your wall~~ :) and I fixed it! Ahaha, it's okay...thank youu though! wahhh...Sungjong and Namtree need to be strongg♥

@dojorockergirl: HAHAHA YEAHH. I'm looking back at those chapters and wondering how I ever wrote them XD well, past me would probably look at these chapters and wonder how present me ever wrote anything so depressing ;DDD LOL I LOVE THEM THE MOST RIGHT NOW CUZ THEY HAVE NO PROBLEMS.

@kpopluv7: LOL YOU'RE NOT ANNOYING~~ I COULD READ YOUR RANTS ALL DAY XDD (no kidding. I bet your rants are more interesting than my friends', and they make me read it all day ._.) WAHH NO FLUFF. HAHAHAHA. I really don't know how I managed to write that much fluff. Like really. XD WOOGYUUUUU~~ And yes, poor Sungjongie D': NO. I DO NOT APPROVE OF MYUNGJONG. NOOOO. NOOO. NOOO. I mean...why isn't there Yeoljong? I mean, there is, but it's not popular at all ._. and INFINITE advertises Yeoljong soo effing much (actually, naw, I'm just thinking about TroubleMaker right now XDD) I'm not a fan of either, though. MYUNGYEOL FTW. [LOLOLOL I MUST BE ANNOYING NOW, RANTING ON MY REPLY COMMENT TO YOU XDD] But yes ♥ YaDong makes everything better XDD

@LollipopGirl01: Sungjongie 3 YaDong can make anybody smile ^^ XD

@rahhouma: wahh, THANK YOU SO MUCH! and hopefully Woohyun will take it okay:) and yes, Hwayoung and L do need to wake up XD but they're not gonna anytime soon :P~~ (I'm so mean ._.)

@_IShipEveryCouple_: I'M SORRYYYY D: AND NOOOO. JUST RANT WHATEVER YOU WANT, I'LL STILL READ AND REPLY :P YaDong will be our happy couple for now ♥ LOOOOOL HE IS XD if you were here in the beginning chapters when Hwajong was starting to get together, the comments were all 'sungjong's straight? He looks like the gayest guy out of all of INFINITE ._.' HAHAHAH SO YEAH XDD BUT HE'S MY BIAS, I WANTED TO TRY A STRAIGHT COUPLE IN A FANFIC (it's not really anymore now that Hwajong's here...) :P 

@NinjaDae: ...LOL I FEEL LIKE SUCH A LOSER NOTICING THAT XDD Look at me, the girl with nothing better to do expect notice little things hidden in comments...I'm so lonely XD AND DUH. RANDOM MYUNGYEOL MOMENTS ARE AMAZING :DDD

@lolaurakelly: wahh Lhyun brotherhood♥ and really? WELL GOOD LUCK. JUST REMEMBER ALL THE POSTULATES AND THEOREMS AND HOW TO SET UP A PROOF AND PROPERTIES AND don't fail :P you should probably just memorize everything. Yep. LOOL there was no point in making, like, a million flashcards for my geo class XD

@anchigyu: wahhh...let's hope they get happy soon~~ ♥

@ChocoAikocream: ...heartbroken Sungjongie 3 LOLOLOLOL THE GETTING SLAPPED THING reminds me of Big when Suzy slapped Shin Won Ho :P I'M SORRY. WANNA TISSUE? *hands tissue to you over the screen*

@BalancedCuppyCake: I was fine for a while. BUT THEN I COULDN'T TAKE IT. I'M SO AGAINST MYUNGJONG IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. I JUST WANNA GO ONTO THE MYUNGJONG VIDS ON YOUTUBE AND JUST SMASH THOSE MYUNGJONG SHIPPER'S HEARTS but I don't really wanna start a fanwar within a group ._. I really can't either...I wanted to cry just reading 'and then Myungsoo kissed Sungjong'. I would, like, burst into tears right there and lay on my bed and not talk to anybody. DUDE OMFG MAIII THE BLOND GIRL?! I LOVED HER TO DEATH. [half because mai's my middle name XD] I thought her and Joey were the cutest thing ever ♥ dude don't even. I wrote a fanfic about me and Kaiba. Literally. The writing's bad 'cause I was a kid, but I was so obsessed with him X3 Yeah pretty much. Pfft. Try saving 12 people from an exploding hospital. GOOD LUCK. DON'T CURSE ME OR I'M GOING TO POST UP MY YU-GI-OH FANFIC ABOUT EVIE AND KAIBA INSTEAD OF AN UPDATE NEXT TIME.

@chariit: LOOOOOL YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOUR COMMENT MADE ME LAUGH XD Myungie's a squishy doll XDD

@AnoBasho: HAHAHA there's no way I could be a doctor XD like, "oh, my patient has amnesia? Here, take these pills." "...how do you know those are going to work?" "I don't, I just read it in a fanfic." XDDD LOLOL I'M HORRIBLE. :P Myungsoo's unconcious lol so yeah, he doesn't know anything 3 and let's hope Hwayoung's okayy♥

@eunhyuklover99: yes. she most likely will XD YESS MYUNGSOO'S A SQUISH DOLL. LOLOLOLOL KHOE NHU VOI, HA? dung an nhieu nhe, con voi thi map lam. (ppfftt, I don't know if you can even read it...there's no signs or anything :P) 

@B1A4Katie1: LOL I AM AWESOME. LET'S SEE ABOUT IT THEN, SHALL WE? XD here's a tissue *hands tissue to you but you reject it 'cause you're mad at me XD*

@sherasazaly: LOOOOOL LET'S HOPE SO XDDDDDDDD myungyeooool♥ and Hwayoung does need to wake up ;_;

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: BECAUSE HE GOT HIT ON THE HEAD. THAT'S WHY. YES, A LOT OF PEOPLE DO NEED TO WAKE UP XD...and I updated ^^

@Kaiten3693: WAHHH THANK YOUU SOO ASDFGHJKL MUCH! AND HIIIIIIII! AHAHHA this chapter probably does no justice to you because it doesn't reveal anything...but I'm trying XD

@TakuShin: wahhh I'm sorry D: *hands you a tissue* Hopefully Hwayoung will wake up soon~~ 

@Sheollie: I'm so sorry! :'( tissue? ahaha~~  and I updated ^^

@ZO9ZO9: YES. YES HE DOES. XDD

ASDFGHJKL WHAT? THAT WAS 22. EFFING 22. I LOVE YOU GUYSSSSS♥ hehee~ please look forward to the next chapter, I'll try to progress the story more without doing a major time skip :)

And if any of you guys were wondering, Hwayoung and Sungjong's plotline is loosely based off of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6HBCzRt3eI it's a viet song with no eng subs, I'm so sorry T.T THANK YOUUU~~♥