Chapter 21

Your Choice

 

I'M SO SORRY T.T For the lack of Yadong and Hwajong...D: I'll make it up, promise!

Sunggyu knew it. He just knew it – there was something strange when Woohyun had told him he had a brother. They had known each other since they were five – there was no way that Sunggyu didn’t know Woohyun had a brother.

            And that one day. When they had met for the first time in three years at Woohyun and L’s random mansion. When they talked, Woohyun had refused to tell Sunggyu where L had come from. But he never thought that, deep down, that was the reason why. And then when Woohyun had told him that L had been through so much…

            “But…how did you never know that your mom was pregnant?” Sunggyu asked. After Woohyun had finally spilled, he burst into tears and told Sunggyu not to come near him.

            “The bastard…the mothering bastard was there at the hospital when my mom gave birth to L. My father was there, too. But neither of them knew that he was there. Dad told me that they had planned to keep L and bring him up as their own child…but he. He went and ruined everything. He took L, the ing son of a took my brother, and brought him home. He told the nurses that my father was after his child. He…he threatened everybody at the hospital. He made the doctors tell my mom that she had a miscarriage and that the baby didn’t survive.”

            Sunggyu blinked, weirded out for a second. The vulnerable Woohyun wasn’t here anymore – he was replaced by a mad, over-the-top Woohyun.

            “Then how? How’d they find L?”

            Woohyun loosened his grip on his coffee cup. The now empty cup was in shreds from his constant ripping and tearing. “His sister told him about the , about everything. And being the little genius he was, L had managed to find us.”

            “Sister?”

            “A girl. Prior to L’s birth, his father had three daughters with a woman. Apparently, the girl was the second youngest in the family. She overheard the son of a telling his friend about L’s true identity.”

            “What was her name?”

            Woohyun’s eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out why Sunggyu was asking him this question. Truthfully, Sunggyu didn’t have a reason to. He was just asking him for the sake of getting Woohyun to strive towards another subject before breaking down the entire café.

            “I don’t remember…I think it was Fei or something like that…”

            “Fei?” Sunggyu’s head shot up. Fei. Why did that name sound so familiar?

 

S – Sungyeol,” L muttered before finally opening his eyes.

            He awoke to find Sungyeol looking at him, smiling. L finally realized where he was, now – still at Sungyeol’s dorm. Sungyeol was sitting up against his bed, L laying calmly in his lap.

            “You finally awake?”

            Blinking to get used to the light, L asked, “Were you awake the entire time?”

            Sungyeol gave him a little smile and nodded. “Yeah. I had to make sure you didn’t leave without my consent.”

            “I…I should go home,” L decided, but not budging at all from his current position.

            “Are you sure?” Sungyeol’s eyes told L that he was uncertain. “I’m scared that you won’t get home safely, Myungsoo.”

            Before he could rebut about not being a little kid anymore, L froze. Did Sungyeol just call him Myungsoo?

            “What’s wrong?” Sungyeol’s eyes filled up with more worry. “Are you okay?”

            Turning his body, L buried his face in Sungyeol’s stomach as tears began to form again. “Myungsoo…that name…”

            “Oh! I’m sorry, I forgot. I won’t call you that again, promise,” Sungyeol apologized. He began to remember the first day L had come to school, how he didn’t want to be called Myungsoo. How Sungyeol was so keen on trying to figure out why.

            “No, don’t,” L finally lifted himself up, staring at Sungyeol in the eye. The older boy felt himself gulp, but ignored it. “I need that…for somebody to finally call me Myungsoo, somebody actually cares about me.”

            Instinctively, Sungyeol’s hand reached up as he swept Myungsoo’s tears away. “What happened, Myungsoo?”

            “That name…he told me…he told me that he came up with that name. That he had named me Myungsoo. He never loved me, Sungyeol. He hated every single one of us…”

            “Shh…it’s okay, Myungsoo,” Sungyeol cooed, bringing the younger boy closer to his chest. Myungsoo let out more tears, holding tightly onto Sungyeol. “I’m here…don’t worry.”

            Through his tears, Myungsoo felt himself smile. Finally…he could hear Sungyeol say his name.

 

Grabbing her hair, Fei let out a scream. What the was going on? Why was L here? Why…she’d held this off for so long…

            It was dark. Everybody was gone, left for their dorm, except for Fei. She had told Hwayoung to go back, she just needed time by herself right now.

            “…Fei?”

            Standing up, she turned to face him. L.

            “Aren’t you cold?” he asked, walking closer towards her. She shook her head, stepping back. Of course, she was freezing in a thin t-shirt and shorts, but there was no way she was going to admit that to him.

            “Fei, listen to me, I’m sorry –“

            “How could you?” She finally screamed, letting her tears fall. “I looked up to you, L! I thought you were the most amazing brother ever! Father…he was never there for us. He would always leave and come home drunk. You were the only person that kept me from thinking all men were crazy ers! But you just left. You just left, like he did.”

            “Then why’d you tell me?” L shouted back, staring at her intently. “Why’d you bother telling me that I was just a bastard and that I was the result of a ing ? Why did you tell me? You knew that I would do something about it!”

            “I told you because I thought you needed to know,” she said through her pouring tears. “I didn’t that you’d leave us. And to make that even more ing better, Father had to be haled off to prison! He was an helpless idiot, I know very well, but he was the only thing keeping us alive, L! After you left…Jia’s off in college right now, barely making it through. Min…she’s at America trying her best for an education. And Suzy, she’s still hyping through elementary school. You don’t know how much she asks for you everyday, L! She never failed to, no matter how many ing years passed!”

            L could feel the tears in his eyes start to form again. She didn’t have to do this, she didn’t have to bring the rest of his sisters into this.

            “None of us cared, L, that you were only our half brother! It’s stupid caring about something like that! You were the one that was always there for us… it if Jia and Min were older than you! Don’t act like they didn’t come to you for comfort when somebody broke their heart or they got a bad grade!”

            “Fei…”

            “I’ve tried to forget so many times, pretend that you never even existed in the first place…I can’t. Nobody can. Why did you do that?!”

            “Please, stop it!” L couldn’t take it much longer. The guilt, everything was coming back again. It was all crashing down on him. “Just…stop.”

            “If you want me to stop, then you never should’ve left in the first place!” Fei shouted before choking on her tears. Catching one last sight of her older brother, she ran off.

            L felt his eyes start watering as he finally broke down. Why…he’d never wanted to leave her. Her, or Jia, or Min, or Suzy. But he didn’t have a choice – that was how the lawsuit went. His Mother had asked for custody of L and, seeing that he was only a minor, he didn’t have a say in it.

            “I – I’m sorry,” L finally managed to whisper out, his breathing pace quickening as he let himself cry some more.

            Suddenly, he felt a pair of warm arms wrap around him. “It’s okay, Myungsoo…don’t worry, you don’t have to cry…”

            “S – Sungyeol?” Myungsoo managed to hiccup out before looking up into his hyung’s face. “ W – what are you doing here?”

            Sungyeol gave him a small smile, clearing his bangs away to reveal his eyes. “I had a feeling you couldn’t manage going home on your own…so I kinda followed you.”

            Myungsoo’s grip on Sungyeol’s shirt strengthened as he cried some more. Sungyeol, pulling him a little closer, said, “Here, I’ll walk you home, okay?”

            Having Sungyeol wipe his tears away, Myungsoo nodded and stood up, walking home with Sungyeol grasping firmly onto his hand.

:)

COMMENT REPLIES!

@B1A4Katie1: LOL hopefully this solves your cliffhanger-ness...and I hope your keyboard hasn't broken yet :P

@dojorockergirl: yep, they do! :) LOL kk, Yadong will stay happy~~ and yes. Poor her. T.T

@LollipopGirl01: Your wonders, are they cured yet? ;) and next update's right there ^^

@SarangahaeSuJuChullie: HAHAHAHAHAH I don't think anybody did. i didn't either. I just wrote it...and then I was like...dafuk did I just write? JAYKAY:) But still...you probably already read the update, no?

@eunhyuklover99: HAHAHA. YES. I UPDATE A LOT. :DD it's sad, right? :(

@IAmMeMyself: No, it was another woman. :P but you probably already know that...Fei is Myungsoo's half sister, meaning they have the same dad...and Woohyun is Myungsoo's half brother, meaning they have the same mom...and Woohyun and Fei aren't related at all :P LOLOL DON'T KILL ME. BUT I'M PRETTY SURE YOU JUST READ THE UPDATE.

@Aleera: LOL I know :DD I do that too much lolol...:) AHAHA I AGREE WITH ABOELY EVERYTHING YOU JUST WROTE...yeah, I loved writing that part :) I want their familyyy.

@federweiss: :PP well...I hope so too...but now, it's not just the past anymore T.T FEI'S BACK. LOLOL. And yeah. I do too :)

@pripri: LOLOL I REALLY DON'T THINK ANYBODY DID.

@luvkpop: hehe, now you know! AND YEP, MYUNGYEOL~~

@kpopluv7: ...I update a lot. Like...a lot. T.T LOLOL is it too much for you to follow? I'm sorry x.x LOL and here's ANOTHER update!

@MasterL: HIIIIII. AND UM. YEAH. IT'S UPDATED :) don't worry...I update a lot. Like. A lot.

@inspirit-kay: omo YES I JUST REALIZED THAT TOO. =.= FIXED IT...MIANHAE D': I really can't believe I forgot that. Feeling stupid right now...u.u  and yeah, he was ;DD

OHMYGOD. THIRTEEN? D': IT'S A RECORD YOU GUYS. LOL I LOVE YOU. ALL OF YOU. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. YOU. [yep. I'm so turning into Woohyun. There's no doubt about it.] omo and I'm at 64 subscribers for this story and 68 overall~~ I'M SO HAPPY T.T I would bow but I'm laying flat on my stomach right now...and I'm too lazy to get up =.= LOL KK THEN BYEBYE. EVIE LOVES YOU!