Chapter 6

Your Choice

 

“What was that?!” Dongwoo asked, wanting to grab onto Sunggyu’s arm so badly and twist him around. But he couldn’t. Because this was Sunggyu. One hand on him when he was mad and – bam – you’re so ing screwed.

            “YAH! KIM SUNGGYU!”

            Dongwoo stopped walking, noticing that his hyung in front also stopped dead in his tracks. The voice was so familiar, but sounded he hadn’t heard it until today…ah. Nam Woohyun. Wait what? Nam Woohyun?

            Sunggyu turned around coolly, about to just give Woohyun a quick ‘ off’. Before he could say anything, though, he got a nice punch right in the face.

            “WHAT THE –“

            Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu by the color and stared at him, eye in eye.

            “You hate me, that’s fine,” Woohyun hissed, “but you don’t dare ing mess with my little brother. He hasn’t done crap to you!”

            Woohyun hated seeing his brother get hurt – in any way, form, shape or size. He had witnessed it once – only once. That was all he needed. The had come five minutes earlier than usual to give L his lesson. Woohyun had only come in to hand L a cookie that he had just made, but instead he saw L getting hit right across the face and stumbling to the floor. He looked so powerless – the ice cold stare in his eyes completely destroyed, now overcome with fear and total helplessness.

            Being the older brother he was, Woohyun wanted so bad to just go and kill the . One touch on his little brother was what sparked him off right away. He didn’t know what made him want to kill her so bad – it wasn’t like he didn’t know L was getting abused. Hell, he was, too! But he’d seen the scars and bruises and blood on the younger boy. He didn’t know why, but they looked so much worse. And looked like a lot more than he had – which was confusing, considering that he was much more stupid than L.

            “He’s the reason you’re back isn’t it?” Sunggyu let out a smirk, throwing Woohyun’s hands off of his school uniform. “You told me yourself that you stayed with your teacher no matter how horrid she was because you knew that you couldn’t come back here. I’m not stupid, Woohyun. Who else pushed so hard to get rid of that woman? Your brother, that’s the only ing possibility.”

            “Don’t say a bad word about him. Don’t ever. Never. ing never. He’s been through hell and back countless amount of times. Just when he gets out of one, he’s into another. He got out of it, and I don’t want to ing ruin it for him again because of you!”

            “Really?” Sunggyu stared straight at him. “And I haven’t been through hell from what you’ve put me through?”

            Woohyun snickered, looking back at him. “What I’ve been you through is a complete paradise from what L’s been through. You can’t even compare the two anymore.”

            And without a look back, Woohyun walked back to the classroom to find his little brother.

 

What the did I do? L screamed in his head. He just ruined it for his hyung. Why did he tell him that it was Sunggyu?! Woohyun and Sunggyu had been through so much – who was L to go and totally destroy any chances that Woohyun had to apologize? To explain what happened? He cursed at himself, annoyed by the pure fact that he just shouldn’t have said it.

            “…L. You’ve been quiet for a while. Are you sure you’re okay?”

            L looked up at Sungyeol , whose eyes were completely wide open and so glossy L could see his own reaction.

            “I’m fine,” he whispered, grabbing his head into his hands again.

            “No, you’re not. Look at me. L, you’re not okay.”

            “ing leave me alone!” L shouted, pushing Sungyeol’s hand off of his shoulder. He didn’t know why he did it – resentment and guilt just got the better of him. He didn’t deserve to have any friends for ruining the one thing that made his older brother happy.

            “YAH YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ING SWEAR AT ME. I’M OLDER THAN YOU – I’M YOUR HYUNG. I think. BUT I PROBABLY AM. SO I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT. STOP BEING DISRESPECTFUL, YOU LITTLE TWIT.”

            L looked up at Sungyeol between his fingers, not at all surprised to find the choding standing on a table and wagging a finger at him.

            Before he knew it, L had managed a little smile that was coming from the corner. Seeing it, Sungyeol grinned and jumped down, hugging L.

            “You see, you need people to make you happy. You didn’t do anything wrong, L. I won’t ask you what happened, because you’re just gonna ing cuss at me to leave you alone again, so I’m just going to stay here to comfort you.”

            L felt himself loosen up, falling into Sungyeol’s hug. His chin rested on the older boy’s shoulder, his knees still huddled up at his chest.

            “Thanks,” he found himself whispering. He knew he wasn’t worthy of Sungyeol’s friendship, but he just wanted one moment where he wasn’t the deluded victim.

            “It’s no problem,” L heard him say. “I’m usually the one being comforted. It’s nice to know that there’s somebody out there that needs me. So call me anytime you have a problem.”

            With L quiet, Sungyeol knew something was up. Well, other than the whole scene that had happened with his best friend and everything. L just seemed so…vulnerable. You would never notice it when you saw his tough, cold, hard-to-approach image. But it was just that that made Sungyeol realize L wasn’t the type of guy everybody thought he was. Nobody ever was – and truthfully, nobody was so thoughtless and heartless for fun. Nobody’s born like that. Only people that have been through too much to bear are like that. That was something that Sungyeol, first-hand, knew.

            Grabbing a hold of L’s shoulders, Sungyeol pulled L away from him. He was shocked for a split second when he saw that L wasn’t crying – people were supposed to cry at moments like this! This wasn’t fair. He always cried when Sunggyu, Dongwoo, or Hoya comforted him. THAT WAS WHAT THE SILENT MOMENT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR. FOR TEARS. L, he never followed chick flick romance storylines.

            “You hurt anywhere?” Sungyeol asked, disregarding the thoughts going on in his mind. Which were a lot.

            L timidly shook his head. Thankfully, Sungyeol didn’t notice anything. He could feel the blood seeping through his uniform that very moment – but that was nothing. It really, seriously, was nothing.

            “That’s good,” Sungyeol smiled, ruffling L’s hair. “I would hate it if Sunggyu hurt you at all. Heh. Sunggyu hurts everybody. Hey, you wanna come back to my dorm for coffee? A few of my friends, minus Sunggyu, will probably be there.”

            Shaking his head again, L smiled a bit. “I’ve got to go home.” He was happy, for once. Not only because of Sungyeol’s invitation, but because, for the first time in thirteen years, he wouldn’t have to spend his night crying over how to memorize a formula correctly.

Some Woogyu (in a non romantic manner) and Myungyeol~~! :) if you guys are really wondering...aight, so Myungyeol's my favorite OTP, but it does seem like Woogyu's the main couple in this story, right? Well, I don't really know. They kind of are, but I don't like Myungyeol as the main couple. They're so fit for the sidekicks-who-fall-in-love kind of shiz. And main couple = more issues. So I don't want my Myungyeol to fall apart ._. (IK WHAT YOU'RE THINKING. Because I'm the author, i can make them NOT fall apart. But when I write, I don't care who's who. I just write until my heart breaks). But Myungyeol might just get more scenes than Woogyu altogether. Heh. This was long. GO AND READ CH. 7 NOW! :)