Chapter 37

Your Choice

 

I deeply apologize if anything is medically incorrect. I did my best to search up stuff about being brain-dead though :P so hopefully that part is correct.

*sigh* I need another description. I'm going to spend the whole rest of the day at my grandmother's house trying to think of a good one...LOL even if you like my story, you gotta admit that it has a really lame description :P (anybody wanna write one for me? XD just write it in the comments and if it's good, I'll use it :P you'll win the satisfaction of knowing that you're good at writing. And it'll be the description :P)

“…Is she ever going to wake up?” Sunggyu asked quietly, staring at the sight of his dongsaeng crying over his girlfriend’s still body. “Is it possible to survive being brain dead?”

            The doctor sighed, following Sunggyu’s gaze at Sungjong. “There is. A very, very small chance. Hwayoung’s brain’s connection to oxygen wasn’t cut off completely, so she will actually have a probability of waking up. Due to the fact that both of her parents cannot be contacted, she will continue to be hooked up to machines in order to survive.”

            “…But will she ever wake up? Like, open her eyes and talk?”

            With another breath, the doctor said, “She will be in a coma for a while. My guess is five to ten years. If she does wake up, which there is a very low chance of, she will probably not wake up as the same person. She will have to be re-taught everything, similar to a baby, and need a lot of patience.”

            Sunggyu let out a little smile, even though he knew how small the chances were. If Hwayoung did wake up, though, he knew that no matter what happened, Sungjong would always be there for her.

 

Woohyun was in his bed, his heart beating fast and his body shaking. Sunggyu had left him a few minutes ago after some guy barged in and told him that a “Hwayoung” was brain dead, all before his hyung could tell him anything about his younger brother.

            But that wasn’t the reason why he was trembling so much. The reason was because he discovered something that scared him half to death.

            Woohyun’s hands tightened on the blanket as he heard the door click open. He saw a tall boy with brown-caramel hair, a shade darker than Sunggyu’s, with side bangs covering his forehead. As the boy closed the door behind him, Woohyun caught sight of six piercings on his ear.

            “W – who are you?” Woohyun asked nervously, backing away.

            The boy made a ‘shh’ motion with his lips and walked over to Woohyun, taking the seat that Sunggyu had left empty a while ago. “I’m Lee Sungyeol. Sunggyu hyung told me about your amnesia…so you probably don’t remember me.”

            Giving him a ‘duh’ look, Woohyun just calmed himself down from his paranoia and turned to face Sungyeol.

            “Sunggyu hyung also said that you don’t remember Myungsoo,” Sungyeol said quietly, fiddling with his fingers.

            “Myungsoo?”

            “L.”

            “Oh…”

            Sungyeol looked back at him, giving the older boy a slight smile. “I’m M – L’s boyfriend, if you were wondering.”

            Woohyun blinked a little, scanning Sungyeol carefully. He didn’t know why, but he had this brotherly instinct nagging at him to interrogate Sungyeol and see if he was good enough for his little brother, even if he had never met this ‘L’ guy.

            When Woohyun didn’t say anything, Sungyeol just sighed and started talking. “That’s not why I came here, though. The doctor was talking to me earlier, telling me not to call your parents.”

            “What?!” Woohyun sat up, realizing what was missing: his parents. “Why not?! I want –“

            “He said that it was because he suspected you and L of being abused by your parents,” Sungyeol interrupted him, talking in a level a bit above a whisper. “I’m pretty sure you saw your scars, judging by the scared looks on your face.”

            Silent, Woohyun nodded. It took him his everything not to lift up his shirt and look at all the scars and bruises and marks. His arms, too. Everything.

            He looked at Sungyeol’s sympathetic face that looked like it was about to cry. “W – was it my mother and father? But…they wouldn’t do that…would they?”

            Sungyeol shook his head, his breath quivering from the urge to cry but his mind resisting not to. “It wasn’t your parents.”

            “Then who was it?” Woohyun asked, a little angered up by now. “Wait…don’t tell me it was my brother?”

            Sungyeol’s eyes widened as he stood up. “What? No. You…you wouldn’t like to see L’s scars if you’re scared to see your own. L’s are much, much worse. I’ve been trying to figure out why, though…”

            “Gyuri.”

            Looking up from Sungyeol, Woohyun saw a girl at the doorway. She had hair like Sungyeol’s, though it was a shade darker than that. It was tied up in a tight ponytail that revealed the distinct structures on her face.

            “Fei!” Sungyeol called out. The two of them had been so engrossed in talking, they didn’t notice Fei standing there. He ran over to her, pulling her over and closing the door. “What’re you doing here?”

            “I…I couldn’t stand watching Hwayoung,” Fei said quietly, “So I came over here. And I heard you guys talking about L and Woohyun’s scars.”

            “You know about them?”

            Fei glanced over at Woohyun, who was looking as dead and tired as always. She nodded, turning back to look at Sungyeol. “I don’t know how you know, but L was hurt a lot by my mother. Gyuri hated him a lot, for obvious reasons. Every day that he was living with us…he couldn’t do anything. None of us knew why, of course, but we never did anything to stop it. She was always so scary around L…”

            Sungyeol felt his fist clench even harder, trying not to destroy something in the hospital this very minute. Woohyun’s voice broke through his thoughts, though.

            “Wait – what’re you guys talking about? Gyuri? L being abused? I thought that he was my brother –“

            “He’s your half brother,” Fei interrupted him. “He’s your half brother and he’s my half brother. Did….did Sunggyu really not say anything about it to you?”

            Woohyun silently shook his head, making Sungyeol and Fei look at each other a little scared, afraid of what would happen when Woohyun did find out.

 

“He looks like a doll,” Dongwoo said, poking at L’s face. “A squishy doll.”

            Hoya groaned, walking up to pull Dongwoo away from the unconscious boy. “Stop it, hyung. L wouldn’t appreciate having his face poked, you know.”

            “I know…but look at him!” Dongwoo exclaimed. “He doesn’t look like a human being! Gosh…who could be so perfect?”

            For a second, Hoya wasn’t sure if he should’ve been jealous or completely creeped out. “Um…hyung…you know I’m right here, right? And you know that that ‘perfect’ person has a boyfriend, right?”
            “Yeah, I know,” Dongwoo grinned, giving Hoya a peck on the cheek. “I really do feel bad for Sungyeol, though. He looked so guilty, or scared, or whatever when he walked out of here. The bed sheets here are literally wet from all of Sungyeol’s tears!”

            Sighing, Hoya walked over to feel the side of the blankets covering L. They were actually wet, and somehow, Hoya knew why. “L…you gotta wake up. You don’t know how much Sungyeol’s missing you right now.”

            Hoya felt a tear slide down his cheek as Dongwoo, from behind, hugged him to tell them that he wasn’t the only one wishing for that.

 

“Jongie…do you want anything to eat?” Jia asked, bending to be in eye-length of the sitting boy.

            Still holding Hwayoung’s hand, Sungjong let out a little cry. “She…she called me Jongie…”

            Jia blinked a little, shaking her head. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t know! Sungjong, do you want anything to eat? I’ll go get anything for you.”

            “…She called me Sungjong too,” he cried.

            Well, duh, Jia thought, but destroyed the thought. “I’m sorry…but do you want anything to eat? You’ve been here for a really long time. Min and I are willing to go anywhere.”

            “How…how about kimchi soup? And rice?” Sungjong asked hopefully, lifting his tear-struck face to Jia.

            Smiling, Jia patted his leg. “We’ll get you the best kimchi soup and rice in South Korea.”

            She then stood up, looking down at Hwayoung. Her father had caused this to happen to the girl – her own stupid, of a father. If she ever got her hands on him, he’d be flat-out dead.

            Walking over to the door, she opened it to a flying Suzy. Jia laughed a little, letting Suzy in, and walked out to the waiting Min.

            “Oppa…is Unnie okay?” Suzy asked hopefully, leaning over to look at Sungjong. The teenager just smiled through his blurry eyes, opening his arms to the girl.

            “S – she’ll be fine,” he replied against his wishes. Suzy’s smile got wider as she climbed up to sit on Sungjong’s lap.

            “Unnie, wake up soon,” Suzy told the unconscious girl. “You said that we could play. We haven’t played yet, Unnie. And you said that you would take me out when you went out with Sungjong Oppa. We still haven’t went out, yet, Unnie. We will, though, if you wake up. I promise I won’t make noise and I’ll eat all of my vegetables when we get to the restaurant. Just…just wake up, Unnie.”

            Sungjong’s grip around Suzy’s waist tightened as more tears starting flooding out of him.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF WOOGYU T_T D:

COMMENT REPLY TIME~~

@B1A4Katie1: shh...it's okay...you can cry...D:

@lolaurakelly: YAYY FOR EVIE♥ [omg my geometry class...I  managed to pass it with the highest grade :DD but I hated it >.> and everybody else wasn't too smart. So LOL] But boo for one direction >.> KPOP FOREVER YO. aha I sound like such a weirdo ._. LOOOOOL AND IT DOES RHYME XDD. I LIKE STUFFIES THAT RHYME.

@WingzOfHell: It is, but it's possible to wake up from it :)

@eunhyuklover99: I hate her. She hates me. End of story. >.> HAHAHAHAHA I DID IT BECAUSE...well...too many soap operas >:] LOOOOL em khoe khong? 

@kodiak: It's funny because I do XDDD

@anchigyu: Myung's probably going to still be unconcious by the time Namu remembers him :P so iz all okay XDD

@kausalluveunhae: IT IS, ISN'T IT? x.x AND YES SHE IS. LOLOLOL you should've just teamed up with Fei and killed her together >:D

@chariiit: YES SHE DOESSSS. But she's already dead...so...LOL. ;D

@kpopluv7: LOL THANKYOUUUU! Heh...maybe L might still be  unconcious by the time Woohyun remembers him:PP YES. SUNGYEOL DID GIVE UP HIS COFFEE. FOR MYUNGSOO 3 I mean. I accepted Myungjong for a while because of Yeoljong. Sungjong was like Myungyeol's little boy to me :3 but then ranking king came. and then all those fanfics about Myungjong. Then all those videos. Then I burst XDDD YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YADONG XD ♥ I really can't write love triangles. I almost wrote a fanfic on a Myungyeoljong love triangle but then I stopped because I realized I was getting too obsessed by making Sungjong get hit by a bus ;_; aww thank you again!! ♥

@ZO9ZO9: ahahaha THANK YOUUU!♥~~

@AnoBasho:...I don't really know XDD I'm not a doctor, I just wanted Woohyun to regain his memory somehow. So I was like BAM. PILLS. XDD and Hwayoungie 3 let's hope they'll all be okayy

@sherasazaly: AWW THANK YOU♥ MYUNGYEOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL♥ and WOOGYU HAS TO WORK OUT. And hearbroken Hwajong ;_;

@LollipopGirl01: YAY FOR HEALTHY WOOHYUN ♥ lolol Myungsoo ain't waking up anytime soon XDD And yeah :( she is 3

@rahhouma: AWW thanks for taking the effort to XD YaDong brings everybody back to life :DD ya know. Hoya. the sweetie who's horrid at jokes XD (not in real life...LOL idk if he's good at jokes or not in rl :P) and Hwayoungie 3

@ChocoAikocream: HAHAH thankyouuu♥~~ WAHH I'M SO SORRRYYY *hands you tissue* myungyeol has that effect on people XDD <3 HAPPY ENDING? heh. maybeee.

@asdfghjklomg: HAHAH I really do like it :3 I can, like, just look at the keyboard and type it XD LOLOL does she? I'm not a KARA fan lol so I don't really know :P AWW THANK YOUUUUUU!♥~~

@dojorockergirl: ...this is what i get for trying to write an angst plotline T.T I go overboard XDDDD YAY FOR YADONGGGG♥~~

@_IShipEverCouple_: yep :P before all the drama about his mother/L's birth...when he was a normal kid with Sunggyu as his boyfriend :P is it confusing? Sorry D: MYUNGYEOL IS ASDFGHJKL AMAZING. Awuhhh, thank you!! It's been updated ^^

@deliciousyou: MYUNGYEOL IS AMAZING. PERIOD. THAT'S IT. MYUNGYEOL. MYUNGYEOL. MYUNGYEOL. NOOOO I WOULD KILL MYSELF BEFORE I MADE MYUNGSOO FORGET SUNGYEOL DX

@inspirit-kay: YEAHHH I REALIZED YOU WEREN'T THERE >.< it's okay :P we all have our moments on other stuffies XD AND YAYYY MYUNGYEOL♥ lolol no, nobody died :P hehe I do too, they're fairly interesting :) :P♥

@Aleera: ahaha well then SURPRISEEEEE! :DDDD and freaking unconcious Myungsoo >.> LOLOL I think I already said this on an above reply, but I'll just say it again. I was actually going to write a fanfic about a Myungyeoljong love triangle, but I went too overboard in hating Sungjongie for getting in between my OTP [I should probably mention that Jongie's my bias] that I got him hit by a bus. LOLOLOL THAT'S WHEN I LEARNED I can't write love triangles XDD AND YES. MYUNGYEOL IS FREAKING AMAZING. ♥

YAYY. THAT WAS...HOLY FREAKING COW THAT WAS 21 :O recorddd~~ lolol sorry you guys this was supposed to be updated a while ago but I was distracted by YouTube and Myungyeol and Myungsoo and Sungyeol and Sungjong and INFINITE AND OMFG I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH ♥ hehe~~ ♥ love you allllll! ♥

Anybody depressed? Go back and read fluffly chapters and be happy ^^ XDD