Chapter 23

Your Choice

 

Hey you guys :3 bad news. I can't update as much as I usually do [2 times per day] because after summer class, I gotta go pick up my grandparents at Church and stay with them at their house [which, I must add, has aboely zero internet] until around 10 or 11 when my uncle + aunt gets home. And by that time when I get home, I'd be too tired to do anything...so...yeah. :P I hope you're satisfied with a daily update, though! And weekend updates will probably stay the same.

OH. AND I'M SO VERY DEEPLY SORRY FOR THE LACK OF WOOGYU. I'M SOOO SORRY. LIKE REALLY, REALLY SORRY.

“Hyung…hyung…HYUNG WAKE THE UP!”

            “What happened?!” Sunggyu shot up straight, rubbing his eyes. “Is there a fire? Who died? What happened?!”

            “You’re finally awake,” Sungyeol groaned, standing up. When Sunggyu finally looked around, he realized where they were. Still in the ing woods.

            “I feel so stupid.”

            “Why?” Sungyeol yawned, not bothering to look at his hyung.

            “We still haven’t found our way back.”

            Sungyeol rolled his eyes and took the jacket he was using as a pillow and put it on. Last night, he was totally lost in the woods when he found Sunggyu there, too. Because Sunggyu wasn’t fused up by anger, they couldn’t find their way back. In the end, the two just decided on sleeping in the woods. No, it didn’t matter how many times they’d been to this random house. Either way, they still got lost.

            “Yah, Sungyeol, what time is it?”

            “It’s…ten, hyung,” Sungyeol answered as he checked his watch. “Heh. No use of going to school now.”

            “Then what do we do?” Sunggyu pouted, holding himself. Due to going on the date with Woohyun and bringing him back home, Sunggyu was still wearing his uniform. Sungyeol, on the other hand, was wearing long, pink sweats and a large black jacket, which he had taken off to sleep with.

            “I don’t know,” Sungyeol shrugged. “Find out way back? Or I could, like, punch you to make you mad. Maybe then we’d find our way back.”

            “You’re an idiot, Sungyeol. If you punched me, I would just go off and find the way back without you.”

            “Yeah, then I’d just follow you.”

            “And then I’d kill you.”

            Pause from Sungyeol. “You’ve got a good point there, hyung.”

            “I know. So what do we do?”

            “Hyung, do you have your cell phone on you?” Sungyeol started jumping up and down at his brilliant idea.

            “SUNGYEOL, IF I HAD MY CELL PHONE, WE WOULDN’T BE HERE RIGHT HOW, WOULD WE? I would’ve called, like, Jinyoung or somebody. But no. I left my cell phone at the dorm…I haven’t been using it for months.”

            “And I left mines at home, too…I knew that I would get lost coming here, but I guess I wasn’t too prepared.”

            “Wait.” Sunggyu turned to Sungyeol, his hood tilting. “Why did you come here in the first place? To Woohyun and L’s house?”

            Sungyeol looked up high and finally said, “OOOH HYUNG. LOOK. THE SKY’S REALLY PRETTY, ISN’T IT? YEAH. THAT’S WHAT I THOUGHT, TOO.”

            “YAH.” Sunggyu hit Sungyeol head hard enough for the younger boy to fall and hold his head. “Really. Tell me what you were doing here.”

            After a while of silence, Sungyeol finally muttered, “I was bringing Myungsoo back home.”

            “Myungsoo?”

            “L, hyung. But don’t call him Myungsoo – he hates being called that,” Sungyeol said defensively.

            “Then why’d you just call him Myungsoo?”

            Sungyeol stopped, sitting up. “Woohyun hyung told you, didn’t he? Yesterday afternoon, Myungsoo told me that Woohyun would apologize to you.”

            Forgetting the question that he had asked Sungyeol, Sunggyu nodded. “Yeah. Why?”

            Breathing out, Sungyeol replied, “Because yesterday, Myungsoo told me. He broke down, he completely fell apart. He told me everything.”

            With the conversation at the café yesterday flashing through his mind, Sunggyu walked closer to Sungyeol. “Really? Why? What’d he say?”

            “He broke because he saw her, hyung.” Sungyeol looked up and Sunggyu could clearly see the pain in his eyes. Whatever was going on between L and Sungyeol, it was something special.

            “Who?” Sunggyu asked, having a thought in the back of his mind of who Sungyeol was talking about.

            “His sister…Fei.”

            Right away, Sunggyu’s eyes shot open. “Woohyun told me about her! L’s little sister, right? The one that told him about his birth. Her name sounded so familiar to me the first time I heard it, but I couldn’t figure out why!”

            “Ye, hyung.” Sungyeol had to give it his everything to not break into tears thinking about last night’s scene. “Sungjong’s friend – Hwayoung’s best friend. You know, the really pretty one we met last summer? Fei Kim. She goes to our school…and Myungsoo saw her for the first time yesterday in three years.”

            “What? Really? How?!”

            “I don’t know…he was crying too hard at that point for me to understand a word he was saying.”

            “Oh.”

            “Yeah…hey hyung, how’re we gonna get out? I mean…because like…now, it’s morning. HEY – shouldn’t the school be looking for us by now? Because, like, we’re missing and everything…?”   

            His face overturning with anger, Sunggyu shook his head. “I always told Jinyoung that if I was home late, or if I didn’t come home, that he had to cover for me. I mean, I don’t regret telling him that ‘cause it’s saved my a few times, but…now…”

            “Hoya’ll notice, right?” Sungyeol perked up. He was playing with the sleeves of his big jacket, trying to think of the best options. “I mean, he probably thought I was out late last night before he came home and left early before he could wake up. But I’m not going to be in class, so he has to notice that, right? And Myungsoo, too. Myungsoo has to know that I’m not there!”

            “Unless L’s not going to school,” Sunggyu added.

            “Why wouldn’t he?”

            “Uh….traumatized? Doesn’t want to see his little sister anymore? Why do you think, Sungyeol? If I were him, I would stay home and keep getting homeschooled.”

            “No, he wouldn’t do that,” Sungyeol said quietly. “I don’t know, but I get a bad vibe whenever he talks about his homeschooling teacher. It’s just…I don’t know. He always tells me that she teaches him a lot of things and that’s why he’s smart and all those things…but I…I don’t know. The way he talks about her, it just gives me this bad feeling. I don’t know, though, it could just be me thinking weirdly.”

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Hwayoung asked for the fifth time, feeling Fei’s forehead. “I could get you another serving of soup.”

            Not uttering a word, Fei shook her head. She was laying in her bed, feeling dead and frustrated. Hwayoung had gotten special permission from the school to skip school and watch over her after she left in the middle of class.

            “So, what happened with you and Sungjong?”

            Hwayoung froze in her spot, standing still. “N – nothing. Why?”

            Fei pulled herself up, staring at Hwayoung. “It’s not nothing. Something happened, you just won’t tell me.”

            “Fine.” Hwayoung sighed, putting the empty bowl on Fei’s desk and sitting down. “I’ll tell you what happened if you tell me what happened.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Yesterday, Fei. When you were talking to Sungjong for me.”

            “Oh.”

            “Yeah, oh.”

            Fei blinked a little, then looked up at Hwayoung. “I saw him.”

            “Him? Who’s him?” Hwayoung tried thinking of a list of guys that Fei had gone out with, which wasn’t a lot. Besides, the breakups weren’t bad enough for her to go through this mild state of depression-sickness.

            “My brother, Hwayoung. L.”

            The room suddenly went completely quiet. Hwayoung sat there, still, thinking. “I thought…I thought he left after the lawsuit. That his family was taking him with them.”

            “That’s what I thought too,” Fei said quietly. “But he’s enrolled in this school now. I don’t know why…I don’t know how. I just know that he is.”

            Hwayoung stayed silent for a second, having her flash memories of Fei’s family. Fei had told her about what happened with L and her father a while ago and Hwayoung, to this day, was still conflicted whether or not to feel sorrow for L’s family or for Fei’s family. She had first-hand witnessed the pain Fei had been through, though. Every time Fei had decided to take Hwayoung home with her, Hwayoung always had to sit through Fei’s comforting talk with Suzy on how L wasn’t here anymore, then watch Suzy go through a tantrum. It hurt – it hurt a lot.

            “Did he know that you were here?”

            Fei shook her head, looking down at her hands. “He looked just as shocked to see me as I was to see him. He…well, he ran off somewhere towards the guy’s dorms afterwards.”

            “Guys’ dorms? Does this mean that he lives here?”

            Shrugging, Fei said, “Probably. But I wasn’t sure…because if L’s real mom and stepdad actually took as good care of him as they promised to, then he shouldn’t be living in a house dorm. He should be living in a nice house, with family…and friends…”

            Hwayoung watched as her best friend started crying, laying back down and stuffing her face into a pillow.

            “Hey…Fei, do you want to talk to him?”

            “No can do,” Fei replied, her answer muffled due to the fact that she still had a pillow squished to her face. “I met up with him last night. All I did was scream at him for how horrid of a brother he was, leaving us. God, I’m so stupid. He deserves to have a good family after what I’ve put him through.”

            “Fei, I can’t hear you. Look at me, will you?” Obviously, Hwayoung had heard everything Fei was saying, face to pillow or not. “But really. Think about it. Do you want to apologize to him? Or talk to him without terrorizing him at all?”

            Inaudibly, Fei nodded.

            “This is gonna kill me, but I’m doing it for you. Remember that.” Hwayoung walked over to her desk and pulled out her cell phone. “Good. It’s 3:04…school should be out.”

            “What’re you doing, Hwayoung?”

            “Give me a second.” Hwayoung looked through her contacts and found the right one. Giving him a call, she put the phone on speaker and walked back over to Fei.

            Fei glanced at the caller ID and pouted. “Hey – you never told me what happened between you and Sungjong this morning!”

            Waving her away, Hwayoung shrugged. “I’ll tell you later, promise. Something like he kinda knows I like him and – oh! It’s working!”

            “Hello? Hwayoung? Look –“

            “No, I don’t wanna talk about that right now,” Hwayoung interrupted quickly. “I really need to talk to you. Well, Fei does. Come over to our dorm, okay? Like, right now. It’s really urgent.”

            “Is this about –“

            “NO. NO, OPPA, JUST FORGET ABOUT THAT FOR A MINUTE AND COME OVER HERE, ALRIGHT?!”
            “…Fine. Gosh.”

            After Hwayoung hung up, she turned to Fei. “Alright. That settles that.”

            “NOW TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED THIS MORNING!” Fei jumped off her bed to sit next to Hwayoung. All of a sudden, her problems were gone.

            “I was worried about you, Unnie, so I went to talk to Sungjong about what happened yesterday to make you like that…and then, like, I kinda accidentally blurted out that I sent you to talk to him…”

            “You’re really stupid, you know that?”

            “YES. OKAY? WE’VE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THAT FACT. So he managed to figure out from what you told him, that I’ve liked him for three years.”

            “And what’d he say?” Fei asked, figuring that it wasn’t going to be good, basing it what had happened so far.

            “He just said ‘Why didn’t you tell me, Hwayoung? You know that –‘.”

            “That?”

            “That what?”

            “WHAT’D HE SAY?”

            “THAT WAS ALL HE SAID.” Hwayoung then sighed, saying, “I kinda…interrupted him and ran  out of the classroom.”

            “What? Are you serious?! Look, I swear, I’m going to –“

            Fei was interrupted by a long knock on the door. “Hello? Anybody there? Hwayoung? Fei?”
            Hwayoung eyed Fei, then stood up, opening the door to reveal a fast-breathing Sungjong. “Hey. I came as fast as I could. What happened?”

            “Come in,” Hwayoung said, nodding her head towards Fei. “She has some things to ask you.”
            Sungjong, confused, walked into the room. “Yeah?” He took a seat on Fei’s bed, looking down at her.

            “Is there a new kid in the guy’s dorm?” Fei asked, turning around to face him.

            Thinking for a second, he shook his head. “Not that I can remember of. Why?”

            Fei scratched her head, trying to go over everything that she could remember. What if her brother wasn’t a new student? Maybe he’d been here all along, and they were just stupid not to notice each other.

            “Fei? You okay?”

            She snapped her head up, looking at Sungjong. “Yeah, I’m okay. Hey…is there a kid named L there, then?”

            “Oh!” Sungjong nodded. “Yeah, L Kim. Woohyun hyung’s little brother. They just came a few weeks ago.”

            “Really?” Fei then narrowed her eyes. “Wait…so he doesn’t live in the dorms?”

            “No,” Sungjong shook his head. “He visits Sungyeol hyung a lot, though. Oh, and Woohyun is Sunggyu hyung’s boyfriend. Other than that, they have no connection to the dorms.”

            “Oh…then that must’ve been where he gone to and came out of,” Fei muttered, thinking of last night.

            “Huh?”

            “Oh, nothing…”

            “Wait. Noona, why do you even want to know in the first place? Is something going on? Is he your ex-boyfriend or something? WAIT. NO. NOONA, DON’T KILL HIM. PLEASE DON’T. NOBODY DESERVES TO BE –“

            Smacking his head, Fei rolled her eyes. “No, I’m not going to kill him. And no, ew, he’s not my ex-boyfriend. That’d just be gross. I swear to God, you and Hwayoung are exactly the same.”

 

“Hoya? Hoya, look at me. What’s going on?” Dongwoo asked, trying to get a hold of his boyfriend. “Hello? You don’t look okay.”

            “Because I’m not, hyung!” Hoya said, looking worried. “Sungyeol’s missing, and so is Sunggyu hyung. Sungyeol didn’t come home last night and Jinyoung said that Sunggyu is in the dorm and doesn’t want to be disturbed, but it’s so obvious that he’s lying.”

            “It’s okay, Hoya, I bet they’re fine.”

            “No, they’re not, I –“

            Dongwoo interrupted him, pulling him into a tight hug. “Look, Hoya, it’s okay. Calm down…I bet they’re fine.”

            Hoya struggled a little, but finally surrendered to Dongwoo’s strength.

            “It’s my fault,” Hoya whispered, sounding like he was crying. “It’s my fault that Sungyeol’s lonely. I’ve been ditching him for the longest time already –“

            “Stop it, Hoya, seriously. It’s not your fault.” Dongwoo rolled his eyes, keeping his arms wrapped around his boyfriend. “I talked to Woohyun and L. They both said that Sunggyu and Sungyeol walked them home…most likely, the two idiots are lost in the woods. Again.”

            He thought about the conversation that they had that one day weeks ago when Sungyeol had told him that they’d gotten lost.

            When Hoya didn’t say anything, Dongwoo continued speaking. “Sungyeol said that Sunggyu managed to find their way out. Hopefully, he’s smart enough to remember the way out. I seriously doubt it, but I seriously hope so.”

            “Really?” Hoya squeaked.

            Sighing, Dongwoo pulled Hoya from him and stared at his boyfriend’s tear-streaked face. Wiping the tears away, Dongwoo said, “Yes, really. It’s not your fault, none of it is. Don’t think that, okay? Sungyeol and L have been really close lately, that’s all there is to it. You ditching him was a good thing, Hoya, because without it they wouldn’t be together so often.”

            Hoya gave him a small grin, and seeing that smile, Dongwoo could help but kiss the freaking breathless soul out of him.

 

“Sungyeol? SUNGYEOL. WHERE THE ARE YOU?!” Myungsoo shouted, looking around. He’d never been in the part of the woods before, but he knew his way back. Seriously, how could people get lost? You just went straight. ing straight and you could get to his house. Really. Was Sungyeol not that smart?!

            He shouldn’t have gone with Myungsoo to his house. Myungsoo knew that Sungyeol knew that he was going to get lost – but he did it anyway, for the sake of Myungsoo not crashing down in the middle of the road crying himself to death.

            Why did Sungyeol do that in the first place? Why’d he help him home? Why’d he even go through all that trouble to listen to Myungsoo’s background crap and comfort him? Why?

            All of a sudden, a feeling tugged on Myungsoo’s heart as the urge to find Sungyeol grew.

If you guys haven't already noticed, I use both L and Myungsoo's name...thing is, Myungsoo's name is only used when it has something to do with Sungyeol or he's with Sungyeol or something. Because it's their little thing. Using his real name :3 otherwise, it's L. And again...I'M SOOO FREAKING SORRY FOR NOT ADDING IN WOOGYU. I'M SO SORRY. I'M SO SORRY. They're, like, on of my fav OTP's, don't worry, so I'll just give them a whole freaking chapter next time (probably not, but they'll get something).

COMMENT REPLIES. 

@pripri: YES HE DID. ALONG WITH SUNGGYU. And uh...Myungsoo's in his room? LOL and because...you know...she was scared and freaking out :P

@TabiLee: Myungyeol's coming along :3 like, really, they are...and yes, they should build a road ;P but then again, all you have to do is walk straight to get to his house. :DD

@IAmMeMyself: LOL Sungjong didn't go find her ;) and she ran off because...(look at pripri's comment reply ^^)

@coolburritos: it's not...i'm just a little stupid T.T and did I spell it wrong? If I did, I am SO SORRY. >.< LOLOL AND NO, Sungyeol got lost. He and Sunggyu both got freaking lost. LOLOLOL NO, IT'S NOT GONNA BE ONE-SIDED LOVE. I WON'T MAKE IT ONE-SIDED LOVE. lolol you can pair up Sungjong with about any guy and they'd still look cute together ;33 OHMYGOSH...LOLOL Yadong...:P

@dojorockergirl: It does :) and I do...I'll still be spoiling you guys...just not as much anymore :P

@inspirit-kay: LOL my writing isn't picky at all ;) but seriously, it's really well-written. AW, THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THE OFFER♥ but I'm trying to write this on my own, no matter how much I . I need to get better! LOL BUT REALLY, THANK YOU. TRUST ME, I'M GOING TO GET STUCK ON WRITING YADONG SCENES and you'll be the first person I go to for help ;) and gosh. My bias list for Infinite's all messed up. Somedays it's Myungsoo, then another it's Sungyeol, then another it's Sungjong, then another it's Sunggyu, then another it's Hoya...you get the pattern >.< but really. I do skip around a lot ;3

@eunhyuklover99: I don't think anybody can :) and Sungyeol and Sunggyu...got lost.

@B1A4Katie1: LOLOL THAT'S WHAT I WAS AIMING AT. Because calling him Myungsoo's a really big deal :) LOL and it's updated~~

@i_L: LOLOLOLOL SCHOOL HASN'T STARTED FOR ME yet. -.- ohmigosh I don't even know where to start with your comment, so I'm not gonna start with anything :P your comments always end up making me laugh and sitting here not knowing how to reply ;)) LOL

@luvkpop: HERE'S THE UPDATEEE.

@kpopluv7: he is, isn't he? ;) and uhhh. like...sunggyu didn't get home. O.O Sungyeol didn't either. LOLOL DRAMMAAAA.

@MasterL: I update it a lot because I usually have nothing to do at home besides homework :) LOL and no, it's okay :) the Hwajong and Yadong couple are mainly there for fill and sweetness to get your mind off of the drama...they usually don't have a plot, so if you don't want to read about Hwajong, you can just skip it - it's usually not relevant to the plot :) but I mean, like, LEGIT Hwajong scenes with them only...like the scene above with Fei in it, too, it's pretty relevant ;P but it's okay...AWW thank you♥ and you're not commenting weird! You can, if you want...I'll still read it ;P

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: Yadong's always worth the ending ;) LOL they alwaysss get lost. It's their 'thing' going to the Lhyun house. IT'S BEEN UPDATED!

thankyouuuu you guys SO MUCH. That was 12!! I'm so happyyy :) well...stay tuned! :) AND ONCE AGAIN. I'M SORRY FOR NO WOOGYU. T.T