Chapter 15

Your Choice

 

I'M SORRY YOU GUYS FOR UPDATING SO MUCH. BUT REALLY. I swear, it was like the laptop, AFF, Myungyeol, Woogyu, Yadong, and Hwajong were calling for me D: . THAS RIGHT. SUNGJONG'S STORYLINE STARTS HERE. ALL PROPS AND CREDS ABOUT WHO THE GIRL IS GOES TO i_L :D and there's Myungyeol, indirect Yadong, and Woogyu [i'm sorry ahead of time >.<] I'M SPOILING TOO MUCH. READD.

When L had walked into the classroom that morning, his head felt out of order and he had an urge to throw up, but he couldn’t. What was going on with him?

            “Yah, L, you okay?”

            Looking up as he sat down in his seat, he noticed Sungyeol staring at him weirdly. “What? No. I’m fine. Just…tired.”

            “Alright,” Sungyeol shrugged, looking back up front. From the back of his head, he eyed L. A mixture of worry and hurt overcame his mind as he saw the younger boy grip on his stomach. But there was no way Sungyeol could do anything – it’d been a week since he’d met L and one of the only things that he had learned was do not ask L questions. He doesn’t like being questioned and he doesn’t like being interrogated.

            It’d been an hour into class when Sungyeol finally decided to look back at L…just to find him laying on the desk, looking dead. Trying his best not to be noticed, Sungyeol bent down to the ground to grab something out of his backpack, meanwhile grabbing onto L’s hand. Just as he thought. It was hot and sweaty.

            Pulling the calculator out and sitting up, Sungyeol looked back up. Miss Cho was still lecturing them about some atom crap.

            “Miss Cho?”

            Looking up, Miss Cho tried finding who had interrupted her. When she laid her eyes on Sungyeol’s arm raised up, she sighed, then asked, “Yes, Sungyeol?”

            “Can I go to the bathroom?”

            Another sigh. “Yes, Sungyeol, but don’t you dare ditch school. Or do something crazy. If you’re not back in six minutes, I swear I’m going to send the SWAT team after you.”

            Expecting a smile to appear on Sungyeol’s face, Miss Cho was surprised to see that there wasn’t. The boy was entirely serious, nodding and standing up, rushing to the bathroom as if his life had depended on it.

            From the front row, Hoya had noticed Sungyeol acting strangely, too. First of all, the Sungyeol he knew would’ve made some joke along with the request to go to the bathroom, then have some whimsical comment on what Miss Cho had said. What was going on with Sungyeol?

            Sighing, Hoya began thinking that it was because of him. He wasn’t there accompanying Sungyeol anymore and he was rarely at the dorm. Whenever Sungyeol thought they had a chance to talk, Hoya would half-listen and fall asleep. It wasn’t his fault! Sungyeol’s rants were always boring and he always came home super late and really tired.

            A smile crept on his face as he was reminded of why exactly he always came home late. Dongwoo hyung. It’d been a few days since Dongwoo [or Sungjong] had confessed to him. He never knew this moment would come, having Dongwoo as his boyfriend. It was like a dream come true – having somebody by your side who was loyal, trustworthy, loving, and friendly.

            “Aigoo, is my lesson really that entertaining for you to smile, Howon?” Miss Cho asked after finding the wide smile on Hoya’s face.

            “Yes. Of course it is, Miss Cho. What else could it be?”

 

“. How do you work this stupid sink?!” Sungyeol murmured, trying to wet a napkin. “Why the is it so hot? I pushed it to the cold…oh. No. Never mind. It’s red and…YES. IT WORKS!”

            When he figured the napkin was cool enough, Sungyeol shut the faucet and carefully folded the wet piece of paper, putting it in his pocket. Thankfully his school vest was sturdy enough not to reveal the wetness inside of it.

            He opened the door and walked out, seriously hoping that L hadn’t died yet. But really, what was wrong with him? He was fine yesterday.

            Walking through the ajar door of his classroom, Sungyeol avoided the weird stares of his classmates and went to his seat in the back.

            “Well, Sungyeol, nice to know that you haven’t burned down the school yet.”

            Looking up, Sungyeol looked at Miss Cho strangely. “No, Miss Cho, I haven’t.”

            Taken aback by his straightforward answer and face, Miss Cho went back to her lesson. Really, what was wrong with the choding today?

            When she had her back turned, though, Sungyeol let out a smirk and took the napkin from his pocket. He slowly refolded it and laid it on L’s forehead without anybody in the class noticing. L let out a little murmur, but stayed put.

            Checking L’s hand again, Sungyeol whispered, “Get better, Myungsoo.”

 

“It was you, wasn’t it?”

            Sungjong looked to his left as he walked out of the classroom. Ah. Hwayoung.  

            Giving her an innocent smile, Sungjong replied, “What did I do? I didn’t do anything, that’s all I know.”

            Rolling her eyes, Hwayoung tried her best not to laugh. “You should know by now, Sungjong, that your little ‘smile’ thingy isn’t going to work on me.”

            Sungjong was about to make another innocent face when he stopped. Who was he kidding? Hwayoung knew him better than anybody else. Except for maybe Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungyeol, and Sunggyu.

            “Alright. What’d I do?”

            Pointing to the empty bulletin board, Hwayoung replied, “The picture. It was you who took it, right? The one of Dongwoo and Hoya hyung.”

            “What makes you think I did?”

            “Duh. It’s in your dorm. Who else would be in the dorm except you? Besides, Fei told me that you were acting weird the other day. And when Fei says something, it’s usually right.”

            Mentally cursing his friend’s skills, he finally said, “Fine. It was me. But there was no way you wouldn’t have done it if you were me! I mean, it’s been five years, for Pete’s sake! How oblivious can Hoya hyung be for Dongwoo’s feelings?! It’s so tiring watching them.”

            Hwayoung’s eyes widened. “Five years? Dongwoo hyung’s liked Hoya hyung since the seventh grade?!”

            Figuring that there was no way anybody would care anymore, Sungjong nodded. “Yep. Five years. That’s 1825 days, Hwayoung.”

            Nodding, Hwayoung began to understand Sungjong’s frustration.

            “Well, I’m going to go now! Bye…I’ll see you tomorrow, kay?”

            With one last wave to Sungjong, Hwayoung turned around and walked towards the girl’s dorms whispering, “Dongwoo hyung stuck with Hoya hyung for five years. I’m only at three years…I’ll keep waiting for you, Sungjong Oppa…”

 

“Hey, you free after school today?”

            “No. For the last time, Woohyun, I have a life outside of dating you,” Sunggyu sighed, frustrated at how he wasn’t able to exercise his voice for the last few days due to having to go out with Woohyun. Whenever he came home, Jinyoung would arrive at the same time as him…there was no way that anybody could find out about him singing.

            “Oh c’mon, hyung…please? I’ll do anything!” Woohyun begged. He really missed having Sunggyu around. Going out everyday after school could make up for the lost dates those past three years, right?

            Sunggyu knew that he couldn’t resist Woohyun’s cute face, but he figured he might as well get something out of it. “Fine. I’ll go out with you today…under one condition.”

            “Yeah?” Woohyun asked keenly.

            “You tell me what happened to you that one week three years ago.”

            Right away, Woohyun’s face fell. “I’m sorry, hyung…that’s something I can’t tell you,” he said quietly. “But I…I thought that we’ve gone over this. I really don’t want to talk about it. I’m sorry, hyung.”

            And with that, he turned around and walked away. Realizing what he had done, Sunggyu tried calling after him.

            But it was too late. Woohyun was already long gone by the time Sunggyu came to his senses.

 

“L…L, wake up.”

            Grunting a little, L woke up to find himself still in the classroom. Above him was Sungyeol, waking him up this time.

            “What’s going on?”

            “Yah, you fell asleep. Look, I know you’re sick, L. I don’t care if you don’t want to admit it, but there’s not way you can walk back home like this.”

            Holding his stomach, L let out a, “So? It has nothing to do with you.”

            Sungyeol rolled his eyes, frustrated. “Yes, L, it does. I can’t stand seeing people hurt like this. Seriously. I’ll help you up, but you’re coming to my dorm with me until you get better. Hoya won’t mind.”

            Before he could protest, L felt his head begin to throb. Sungyeol was right – there was no way he could walk home in one piece. But he still had Woohyun hyung! If only…wait. No. Of course, Woohyun still had Sunggyu. L was always glad to see Woohyun come home after a date with Sunggyu, which he had done for the past few days. There was no way he could ruin a day of happiness for Woohyun. Those dates with Sunggyu were the only thing keeping Woohyun alive.

            Nodding, L held onto Sungyeol’s arm as the older boy helped him up. Sungyeol actually smiled for the first time that day, happy that L was finally accepting his help.

I was supposed to post this chapter earlier...but I didn't because I told myself I had to brush my teeth first...but I kinda got into a wrestling match with the toothpaste [whereas I WON because of scissors] so...that's why it's up now ^^ heh. And I'm sorry again about the Woogyu...that's just how everything will lead into the next storyline...D:

COMMENT REPLIES. I probably should be doing this the next chapter because I might get more by then...but like...I love replying too much to put this off :D

@IAmMeMyself: YES I AM AN AJ FAN. But no, rest your KissMe heart...I read somewhere that U-KISS is gonna have a mid-september comeback without AJ...[BUT IF THEY DON'T, DON'T KILL ME....but I'm pretty sure] 3

@i_L: ohmigod you make me feel so bad ._. i'm not a faithful inspirit at all. I mean I am. It's just that...I've got other groups...OHMIGOD I'M SO SORRY INFINITE. I LOVE YOU GUYS TO DEATH. ohgosh don't remind me. I tried doing the scorpian dance once. NEVER. EVER. AGAIN. *magic wand* Gyuri is now officially the bish. AND HWAYOUNG IS HERE! And of course. Of course that's what you meant.

@B1A4Katie1: YAY YOU APPROVE. :D [but still stay down. I'm short so I like feeling tall when people bow down to me :D JAYKAY you can stand up now lol] :)

@dojorockergirl: without Sungjong...Yadong wouldn't have gotten anywhere...hehe ;3

@inspirit-kay: LOLOLOL OMG YOU HOYA FANATIC. XDD but let's see...uhh...DON'T WORRY, I DIDN'T COPY YOUR FIC~~ LOLOL YOU ALREADY DIED, LIKE, A BAJILLION TIMES. hehe :) LOL maybe you're both stalking each other. But you don't know it. (*mysterious mind blowing hand motion thingy*) AND DON'T WORRY! I'LL READ YOUR FICS :D OMG BUT SERIOUSLY, MISS HOYA FANATIC, YOU REMIND ME OF MY FRIEND XDDD...hold up, I'll follow you...OH. AND ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE READING THIS...MY TWITTER IS @KpopEvie *just came back from following you*...gosh...I haven't been on twitter since forever...*.* FOLLOW ME AND I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I POSTED UPDATES. :D Heh. I just used replying to your comment as advertisement :) omo I used to be so possesive of some of my biases...BUT REALLY...don't touch em. LOL jaykay, you probably don't even know who they are [minus Myungyeoljong~~]

@federweiss: THANKYOUU...hehe I'm trying...hope you liked this chapter as much ^^

AND...that's probably all for today. :D COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. I LOVE YOU, you  know that?