Chapter 26

Your Choice

 

If you guys were curious...I lost. LOL we lost SO BAD it was funny. Like, we knew everything, but my amazing teammate (sensing any sarcasm here, guys?) decided not to press the buzzer fast enough. Hah.

BUT I'M UPDATING BECAUSE OF TWO AMAZING THINGS: ONE, INFINITE HAD THEIR IN THE SUMMER CONCERT! My heart hurt so much to read the article on allkpop cuz, ya know, I didn't go *.* But I bet our boys were AMAZING (no sarcasm here, none at all). Two: (not that much of you will probably care) NU'EST uploaded their Not Over You MV! IT'S SO CUTE, IF YOU'RE A L.O.Λ.E, YOU HAVE TO GO WATCH IT. kay that's it. ALSO, I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF YADONG AND HWAJONG IN THIS! Because...well...I wasn't in the happiest of moods today so I just wrote this much. I'm so sorry if you guys don't like it - IK that losing isn't the best excuse but. Heh. I'm still sorry D':

“I give up. That’s it. I give up.”

            “Oh c’mon…it’s not that bad.”

            “FIFTEEN ING PAGE ESSAY ABOUT SOUTH KOREA’S ECONOMY. THERE IS NO WAY IN THIS ING WORLD THAT I’D EVER BE ABLE TO FINISH THIS BY TOMORROW!”

            Sunggyu couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of his boyfriend freaking out. “It’s your fault you didn’t finish it before. He gave us two weeks, you know.”

            “YEAH. BUT NO, NOBODY WANTED TO TELL ME ABOUT IT. Oh gosh, I am so screwed. Bye bye perfect grades…we’ll meet sometime…” Woohyun laid his head down and started fake-crying.

            “Look, even if you get an F on this essay, your grade’s still going to stay, like, an A. Seriously Woohyun, you’re smart. I don’t know how, because the last time I saw you, you were probably the stupidest person I knew – don’t hit me – but now you’re smart. So. You’ll be fine.”

            Woohyun sat up , thinking about it. No, he hadn’t been this smart three or four years ago. Now, he had the highest senior grade in the entire school. Wasn’t it obvious why? All of a sudden, the pains on his body seemed to grow even more. Why was he remembering this? No. It was good – she helped him get smarter. That was her job, wasn’t it? But she didn’t have to hurt him so much in the process…

            “Woohyun?” Sunggyu asked quietly, carefully walking towards him. “Are you okay? Woohyun, you’re crying.”

            Touching his cheek, Woohyun started laughing. He was. “It’s nothing. It’s just really hot in here, with summer coming and everything.”

            “Geez, then you shouldn’t be wearing the jacket. And what’s with the long pants? Isn’t it hot?”

            “Do. Not. Take. Off. My. Jacket,” Woohyun said, standing up. There was no way he could explain to Sunggyu why he had so many scars and bruises on his arms.

 

“So,” Sungyeol started, trying to make conversation, “where’d you get the name L from?”

            “Hmm?” Myungsoo looked up at him. They were walking hand-in-hand to his house to meet his parents, which Sungyeol wasn’t too fond of. “Well…it’s a very long and complicated process.”

            “Yeah, right,” Sungyeol snorted. “You probably just picked a random letter from the alphabet. Wait. You did, didn’t you?”

            Thinking back, Myungsoo smiled and nodded. “Jia and Fei were helping me figure out a nickname – we all had one. Well, except for Jia. None of us liked our father too much…so we decided to get rid of the names he gave us. It was fun, that time…we just sat around the computer but we couldn’t do anything. Then, Min and Suzy came in from the kitchen – they were making dinner – and Suzy wanted my name to be ‘M’ because ‘Myungsoo’ had always been too hard for her to say. Min just laughed, then suggested we pick a letter from the American alphabet. So then we wrote all 26 letters on different pieces of paper…and I chose L.”

            Sungyeol smiled, loving the happy look on Myungsoo’s face. He was usually never happy like this…

            “You must miss your sisters a lot.”

            The smile on Myungsoo’s face fell as he said, “Yeah…I haven’t seen them for a really long time. When Mother wanted custody of me, I didn’t know what to think. I was only twelve, after all. My father…he was sometimes uncomfortable with having me around. Woohyun hyung, too. I reminded them too much of the incident that happened to Mother. Eventually, Father…he managed to start liking me. But Woohyun was the worst. He hated me, he despised me so much.”

            “Then what happened?” Sungyeol asked, knowing that Myungsoo had to tell the story sooner o later.

            “I don’t know. I managed to get through him, ask him why he was so mad and depressed all the time…and then he told me. He told me everything about his boyfriend, how he was caught, how they broke up. I guess we somehow got close after that.”

            Sungyeol’s smile managed to return to his face, knowing that the two brothers were close. Then, it dropped as fast as Myungsoo’s did.

            “What – oh. We’re here.”

            “C’mon. They’re not going to kill you, don’t worry.” Myungsoo led Sungyeol up the stairs, opening the unlocked door.

            “OMO! L, YOU’RE HOME! WE WERE JUST GOING TO LEAVE AND – oh. It’ Sungyeol! Come in, both of you!” L’s mother opened the door widely, revealing the same stupid hallway that Sungyeol saw that one day weeks ago. Except today, it was lit up.

            Her eyes widened as she saw L holding Sungyeol’s hand. They ended up sitting on the couch, across from L’s dad.

            “Sungyeol, was it? It’s nice to finally meet you,” he said, smiling bigger than ever. It really scared Sungyeol.

            “Y – yeah, hi.”

            “Sungyeol, would you like anything to drink?” L’s mom started walking to the kitchen. “We have everything!”

            Sungyeol pondered for a second, then answered, “Coffee?”

            “OH! Of course! Are you okay with Americano? It’s the only thing that I like.”

            “WHAT?! OMG I LOVE AMERICANO! LET’S GO!” Sungyeol screamed, letting go of L’s hand and running to the kitchen with L’s mom.

            L chuckled at Sungyeol’s choding ways and thought, Right. Scared of them, yeah.

            “So, L, you said you wanted to talk to me about something?” his dad asked him, looking a bit worried.      

            “Yeah…um…so yesterday, I met up with Fei. You remember her? My little sister?” L carefully examined the look at his father’s face. It was a mix of surprise and sadness.

            “And?”

            “Look, Father, don’t worry. I know what you’re thinking and no, I’m not going to move out,” L assured him. The look of sadness from his father’s face was now gone. “It’s just…they’re my sisters. And I wanted to ask you for a favor for them.”

            “Yes?”

            “My oldest sister, Jia, is in college right now. I was wondering, when she graduates, could she get a secure job in your company? I mean, anything like a secretary, nothing big – trust me, Jia’s one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met. You’ll know how good she is when you see her.”

            Thinking for a second, L’s father nodded. “That seems fair. Okay, then. Jia Kim – she’ll have a job.”

            “And my second oldest sister, Min. She’s not like Jia, but since she’s fluent in English now…you remember that one day a few months ago when you were complaining about the lack of Korean-English translators? Well, Min can take that job. I’m sure she’d be perfect at him.

            L’s father’s face brightened. “Oh God, I’ve been looking for one for ages! Thank you! Yes, I’ll take her!”

            “Then…Fei. You know her, right? She’s still in high school, so I was curious. Could you maybe give her a full scholarship through college?”

            For the first time, L’s dad’s face was unsure. “Well, I don’t know. A scholarship seems like a bit too much, isn’t it? I mean, first I have to go check her grades, make sure she has enough community service…I’ll be done with it by the next trip here.”

            “No – you can ‘t do that! Fei needs the scholarship now, Father. Please?”

            His father was about to say something when Sungyeol walked back in, looking happy and blissful with a cup of coffee in his hands. “What’re you talking about?”

            “Giving a scholarship for Fei through college…Father says that he needs to check her grades and community service first, though,” L said automatically.

            “Oh, Fei Kim? As in the 10th grader? She doesn’t need a scholarship – she’s probably the smartest kid in our whole school.” Sungyeol sat down, ignoring the looks of confusion of the father and son’s faces. “You don’t know? Dude, she gets, like, 100%’s on every single one of her tests. She’s one of my friend’s friend’s friend, which makes her my friend. Trust me, she’ll get into any college…well, we were talking a while back, though. She told me that her family didn’t have enough money to send her through.”

            L, smiling at Sungyeol, turned back to his father. “Good enough for you?”

            “How about community service?” his father asked Sungyeol.

            “Fei? Oh, she helps everybody. She’s a currently a TA for all the freshman teachers, and she helps out at the office all the time. Also, she volunteers as a babysitter at the daycare down the street. I’ve always told her that she should get a job and save up if she doesn’t have money for college, but she just told me that she wants to just help for now.”

            L looked back at his father, who nodded. “Alright then. I’ll sign off for a scholarship for her. Is that it, then, L?”

            “I’m pretty sure.”

            “How about your youngest sister? Suzy, was it?” L’s father knew that L couldn’t forget about her. He never forgot about any of his sisters.

            “I think growing up better than Fei, Jia, or Min did is enough. Suzy’ll be happy, I promise.” He smiled, then felt the warmth in his hand. Looking down, he saw that Sungyeol was holding his hand, grinning.

PFFT. You guys couldn't have already forgotten the bish storyline, right? NOPE. And I seriously doubt that's how L named himself...that was just my own little story. HAHA. 

COMMENT REPLIESS! Seeing your comments really did brighten my horrid, totally disappointed mood :) I love you guys~~

@lolaurakelly: I'M SO SORRY T.T IN THIS CHAPTER, THERE ISN'T ANY YADONG OR HWAJONG~~  :P but there was an update!

@dojorockergirl: awww, thank you ^^ hehe...and I updated :) ♥

@chariiit: I'm...cute? O.o AWW THANK YOU! AND I REMEMBERED!! yes, I do update fast...AND THANK YOU! IDK IF THE STORY LOVES YOU BUT THE AUTHOR DOES♥

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: LOLOL IDK. THAT WAS THE BEST THING I COULD THINK OF AT THE MOMENT. Sunggyu's parents? Heh. I really wonder what they're like, too. (*trying to think of Gyu's parents*) MYUNGYEOL!! And don't worry, I am TOTALLY getting there. I needed to do a few things before, though. It's coming...and it's coming good. (well, idk if it's good. I'm just saying that cuz it sounds cool ^^)

@pripri: LOLOLOLO OMFG LAUGHING ATTACK HERE. Inkigayo's confetti? LAWLS I NEVER NOTICED THEIR CONFETTI BEFORE. I JUST KNEW THAT THEY HAD CONFETTI. And ohmygosh, your Myungyeol kiss explanations. LOLOL I SERIOUSLY CAN'T STOP LAUGHING. I'm sorry it didn't go the way you wanted it to ^^ I just had to take advantage of Sungyeol's innocence and Myungsoo's sass.

@eunhyuklover99: yeah, they're both pretty strange ;DDDDD

@B1A4Katie1: AWWW. YOU WELCOME♥ apology for no Hwajong kiss though lol

@MasterL: OMG LOL YOU GOT WHAT I WAS GETTING AT! Yeah, I was trying to figure out a way to make his parents seem really weird. I started writing something about strawberries (you really don't wanna know) but it made them seem too normal so I just made them really...different lol. AND LOLOL I THINK I ALREADY PUT THIS IN ANOTHER COMMENT REPLY, BUT YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T WANT ME TO WRITE A SCENE. YOU'LL JUST YELL AT ME FOR BUTCHERING YOUR FAVORITE OTP'S...LIKE REALLY. :P if it makes you happy, though, I'll keep it in mind and try to...uh...freshen up on my -writing skills LOLOL (did you. heh. read the last sentence of ch. 25 *winks*). AWWW I LOVE YOU TOO♥

@luvkpop: YAY THEY ARE!!! And you welcome...uh...person! [LOL WHAT'S YOUR NAME? I'M SO AWKWARD HERE T.T]

@NinjaDae: MYUNGYEOL♥ And yes, they are. Very, very strange in fact.

@ZO9ZO9: (gosh I had the hardest time on your username but then I realized it was just the same thing typed twice. I'M SO STUPID X.X) was it cute? ♥ and yes, their parents are wonderful. Just wonderful. ;D AND IT WAS UPDATED!

@coolburritos: (i did it again. I wrote 'toes' instead of 'tos'...gosh I feel stupid) AND IT'S OKAY. I UPDATE TOO MUCH LOL >.< AHAHAHAH MYUNGYEOL. I'M GLAD YOU CAUGHT THAT PART. ;DDDDDD AND TABLES ARE INDEED VERY HELPFULL. DON'T YOU LOVE TABLES? *that seems like such a weird question* he would make a very pretty girl...along with a ton of guys in kpop lolol...AWW THANK YOU♥ BUT I KINDA FAILED REALLY BADLY BUT WHATEVS! And the next update was up there ^^

@rahhouma: LOL I updated the chapter, then realized you commented♥ so here I am! YAY FOR CUTE MYUNGSOO! AND TOTALLY ADORABLE MYUNGYEOL! And yes, they are. Very.

YAY FOR THIRTEEN!! LOL you guys probably have better stuffies to do on the weekends than stay cooped up on AFF reading my story, eh? LOL JAYKAY IF YOU DON'T, THEN YOU AND ME ARE EXACTLY ALIKE. If you did...then...congrats on having a social life! ♥ I mean. You guys all probably have a social life but like. Ya know. I kinda don't. HEHE. 

SO ONCE AGAIN, I'm sorry if this chapter wasn't the best out of the best...i'm still a little mopey :( ANSWERING THE COMMENTS REALLY DID CHEER ME UP, THOUGH! ~~ without you guys, I'd probably be in my room asleep, dragging on my sorrows. Gosh, I sound like such a depressed person >.> WELL, I'LL PROBABLY UPDATE LATER TODAY (*PROBABLY*) SO...YEAH. kbyebye♥