Chapter 41

Your Choice

 

YAY FOR THE REAL CHAPTER >.< ehe. Sorry about the last one. My sister was on AFF using the computer instead of her laptop and it went berserk on her. She fixed it though. (okay, first of all, she was the one that caused the problem. -.-)

This is a short chapter :3 sorry~~ I wasn't even supposed to update today, but I forgot THAT ON FRIDAY'S MY UNCLE COMES HOME EARLY :DD and I was supposed to update an hour ago. But I lost my glasses. So now I'm awkwardly staring at the computer screen close up like a freaking grandma.

“L…L…wake up…”

            No matter how much he shook his little brother, L refused to open those perfect eyes of his and look back at Woohyun. He was still, silent, not answering to a single touch.

            “Be careful, Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu said, adjusting the pipe that connected Woohyun’s hand to a pole. “You just said that you wanted to see L. Don’t stress yourself too much, okay? You need to rest. L isn’t going to wake up for another few weeks.”

            “But…but…he…”

            Sunggyu grinned at his boyfriend’s little stuttering, giving him a slight peck on the cheek. “Don’t worry. Sungyeol will be here for him.”

            “…Wait. Where’s Sungyeol?”

 

“UNNIE! UNNIE LOOK, TODAY AT DAY CARE I DREW THIS FOR YOU!”

            Suzy shoved the picture of her and her precious Unnie in front of a house into Hwayoung’s emotionless face. “Do you like it, Unnie? The Ahjumma there told me that I did a good job. Did I, Unnie?”

            “Suzy…Hwayoung can’t hear you…” Sungjong said, standing behind Suzy. His grasp on her shoulders tightened.

            Right away, Suzy whipped around. “Yes, she can, Oppa! Hwayoung Unnie can hear me no matter what! She just can’t reply. That’s all. But I know Unnie can hear me.”

            “Is that right?” Sungjong let go of her and sat in the seat next to the hospital bed that he had been warming up for hours before going to pick up Suzy. “Hwayoung? Are you there?”

            “She’s there, Oppa, she really is!”

            Sungjong smiled, forcing himself not to cry for the thousandth time that day. “Hwayoung, Suzy says you’re here. You know, Jia and Min said that when you wake up, Suzy can be our pretend daughter.”

            “Yeah!” Suzy nodded eagerly, running over to sit on Sungjong’s lap. “Jia Unnie said that she and Minnie will be busy with work and Fei Unnie will be at college by the time you wake up. So Sungjong Appa and Unnie will take care of me, right?”

            Chuckling, Sungjong said, “You remember, Hwayoung, how you always told me that I’d be too childish to ever raise a kid myself? Well guess what? You’re going to be raising a kid with me. You okay with that, Yeobo?”

            “She says okay, Appa!” Suzy giggled, warming up to her Oppa-turned-Appa’s chest.

            Sungjong froze for a second, smiling. He hugged Suzy tightly, but there was still a thought that haunted him. By the time Hwayoung woke up, if she would even wake up, Suzy would no longer need to be raised by them. She would already be 18 or 20.

 

Fei was fiddling with her phone, staring blankly at the text that was sent to her a few hours ago. She didn’t know what she was doing anymore, her hands were shaking like crazy, she felt like throwing up, and she was dizzy as . There was nowhere that she could be – Sungjong and his ‘daughter’ were visiting Hwayoung, and Woohyun and Sunggyu were privately visiting L, and Hoya and Dongwoo had gone off somewhere on their own in the hospital.

            Not that she would have wanted them to be here, though. They would’ve signed her into a mental institute if they found her like this.

            The screen on her phone went on and off as she played with the lock button. She didn’t know what she was doing anymore; the text kept reappearing on the screen.

 

I’m going to the South Korea State Prison. I have some talking to do. Tell the rest of the group not to worry about me. I’ll be back soon.

            ~Sungyeol

 

She hadn’t told anybody yet. She was still frozen there, even if the text was sent around two hours ago. She didn’t know how to react, what to do, what Sungyeol would do.

            Oppa…you really love L too much if you’re going this far…

 

The memory flooded in his head, bringing pain and terror deep within the walls of his heart.

            The way the kitchen utensil tore down. The red liquid seeping out as he stabbed it. He didn’t know why he did it. He had to. He had no other choice. It was this, or –

            “DONGWOO! STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR WATERMELON AND EAT IT ALREADY, FOR PETE’S SAKE!”

            Dongwoo looked up sheepishly as he dug the fork further into the piece of watermelon, tearing it into another million parts. “Heh. The watermelon tastes funny.”

            “You didn’t have to destroy it!” Hoya hissed at him. “Look at it, it looks like some dude’s guts now! Geez, Dongwoo, have some sense.”

            “I’m sorry, gosh. I just thought that hospitals would serve better watermelon.”

            “Please. We’re talking about a hospital, here. They have more money to spend for treating patients rather than buying good watermelon.”

            “But what if they buy bad watermelon, and the patients eat it, and DIE?! HUH, WHAT IF THAT HAPPENS?!”

            “…No watermelon is bad enough for you to die from it, hyung.”

            “BUT WHAT IF IT’S POISONED?”

            “Who the freak would poison hospital watermelon?!”

            “…I don’t know. Bad people.”

            “You’re an idiot,” Hoya groaned, leaning back after taking another sip of his Vitamin Water.

            “OH. I GOT IT. What if the watermelon isn’t cut enough, and the patient eats it, causing them to choke and ultimately leading to their deaths?” Dongwoo asked, raising his eyebrows.

            “…Then they’d just hire you to annihilate the watermelon so that it’s chewable, wouldn’t they?” Hoya asked, getting a little fed up.

            “OOH. I NEEDED A JOB. Do you think they’d hire me –“

            “You’re seriously an idiot, hyung. Seriously.”

 

Sungyeol stared, feeling nothing coming out of it. He was looking at an average-looking man, and the only thing separating them was a piece of bulletproof glass.

            “Who the are you?!” The man growled, eyeing the security cameras and securities to see which ones were the easiest to avoid when he beat up this scrawny kid for annoying him.

            “Lee Sungyeol,” the boy replied. “You’re Kim Jungwoo, if I’m not mistaken.”

            “Yes, obviously. You called for me.” The man spit onto the glass. “Now what the do you want with me?”

            “You, my friend, are a very messed up person.” 

On the poll, the most people voted for still wanting to read about them :3 so I'M STILL GONNA WRITE ABOUT EM~~ XDD and about YaDong. LOL I randomly came up with that because I was eating watermelon and thought of killing people and the blood and yeah, I'm weird T.T

I'M SO SORRY YOU GUYS, I CAN'T COMMENT REPLY. MY EYES HURT SO MUCH RIGHT NOW AND THE WORDS are freaking becoming more blurry to me -.- unless I sit wayy up close to read it, I can't see anything. And I don't wanna hurt my eyes :/ I PROMISE, I EFFING SWEAR, TO REPLY TO EVERY SINGLE COMMENT NEXT TIME if I find my glasses >.< PLEASEEEE post on my wall or inbox me if you wanna talk, though, because I can answer using my TouchPad where I don't have to wear glasses x.x AND PLEASE COMMENT, YOU GUYS. I always feel so bad to say that because I''m a silent reader myself ;_; okay I'm going, words are getting blurry and my eyes are burning =.= I NEED MY GLASSES. byebye~♥ look forward to the next chapter! (kk my eyes are all red now.)