Chapter 4

Your Choice

 

I believe this is where I stopped updating it...I THINK. Don't kill me if I'm wrong :)

Seeing as the seat next to Sungyeol was the only empty one in the class, L had to sit next to him. It wasn’t until he was comfortable and listening to the teacher that Sungyeol whispered, “What the are you doing here?!”

            L stayed quiet for a second, not bothering to look at him. “Your friend never told you?”

            “…You mean Sunggyu? He never told me anything.”

            “Nothing? Nothing about Woohyun? Or me? Or why I’m at school?”

            Sungyeol turned to him, shaking his head confusedly. “No. Why? Is there something that you should know? TELL MEEEE. I WANNA KNOW.”

            “SUNGYEOL.”

            “Whaatttttt.” Sungyeol turned to the teacher, looking bored out of his mind. Basically, he and Miss Cho weren’t on the best of terms.”

            “Be quiet and stop bothering L,” Miss Cho said, eyes narrowed. The entire class was looking at Sungyeol – but it was like he really cared. He always got in trouble here and then every few minutes. Whether it was for being too childish or being too mature and not caring about school.

            Rolling his eyes, he hissed to L so that nobody else could hear him. “Fine, Myungsoo.”

            From the corner of his eye, Sungyeol could see L cringe. What? Was there something bad about his real name?”

            “Don’t ever call me that,” L said. Sungyeol noticed that there was a hint of pain in his voice. “Please. Just…don’t.”

            Sungyeol was close to teasing him even more, but decided to let it go. There was something about the name ‘Myungsoo’ that L didn’t seem to like. What was it? And he was determined to find out.

 

While in his class, Sunggyu was too sleepy to notice anything. He sat in the exact same spot that Sungyeol did – back row, all the way to the left. In front of him was Jinyoung, who was constantly saying ‘sorry’ after seeing the loss of sleep that he had caused for Sunggyu. Sunggyu just nodded it off and went back to sleep.

            “Hyung. Hyung. Hyung.”

            “WHAT?!” Sunggyu nearly shouted until he realized that he was in class. He glared at Dongwoo for interrupting his sleep.

            “You just missed it…we got a new student.”

            “And I care because…?”

            Dongwoo shrugged, seeming nervous about what he was going to say. “Remember what Sungyeol said this morning? Something about a Woohyun? Well…yeah. Right there. There’s a Woohyun in our class.”

            Sunggyu shot up and looked at where Dongwoo’s pencil was pointing. He was right. In the front row, sitting smack middle, was Woohyun. That seat had always been empty for the sole reason that nobody – and I mean nobody – wanted to sit where Mr. Park was right in front of their face. Woohyun, though, didn’t seem like he cared. He was lost in his own mind, scared to death that Sunggyu would wake up and figure out that he was in the same class. Maybe he could get out of here when the bell rang before Sunggyu found out. Yeah, that seemed like a good plan.

            He shifted a little in his seat and turned to see if Sunggyu was still sleeping. His eyes shot wide open when he saw Sunggyu staring at him – because of some idiot sitting next to Sunggyu that was pointing at him with a pencil.

            Wait. What? Did Sunggyu actually tell somebody about their past? For a second, Woohyun was hurt. He didn’t want anybody to know what he had done to hurt Sunggyu so badly.

            But he knew that that wasn’t right. He had told L. But L didn’t really count, right? L was his brother. Brothers never kept secrets from each other.

            Sighing, he admitted defeat. L had tons of secrets that he never told anybody – from why he hated his real name to why he loved black so much.

            His mind went back to Sunggyu – he knew that he promised Sunggyu that he’d never come back to school…that he’d never even come face to face with him again after what he had done. But that wasn’t really possible, was it? L hated the that homeschooled them, even more than Woohyun, which didn’t seem possible. But Woohyun knew why L would get so fed up with her – he could feel the scars on his back, the blood seeping from his wrists. All that had been left there every time he failed to memorize the Declaration of Independence. When he couldn’t memorize every single atom and the order of the Periodic Table of Elements. Mother took pity on them and begged Father to let them go to a normal school. After two years, she finally convinced him. They could get out of that mansion for the first time in three years.

            He couldn’t deny that his heart hurt seeing Sunggyu. The thought of even seeing Sunggyu was the only way he survived those hell days – all 1095 of them. Yes, he did have school for every day of the year. Well, he had L too, but his younger brother wasn’t really the most talkative and entertaining to be with.

            As his mind guided him back to Sunggyu, he knew what was going on. He still loved Sunggyu – the feelings for him never disappeared. Never. Not for three years.

 

“Why do you still have it on?”

            “What?” Sungyeol turned to L, who hadn’t spoken a single word for the entire class.

            “The Band-Aid. Why do you still have it on?”

            Sungyeol lifted his hand to feel the sleek, black Band-Aid on his face. “Isn’t it obvious?”

            “You missed me so much and decided to keep it on?”

            “WHAT? NO.” Sungyeol huffed, wanting to take it off right then. But he couldn’t. “Doesn’t ANYBODY know how much it ing hurts to take off a Band-Aid? It’s like hell! You feel like your skin’s going to fall off…and it just hurts.”

            L stared at him, blinking. Never in his life had he met somebody like Sungyeol. Well, never in his life had he ever met people. He’d been homeschooled his entire life. Every single thirteen years of it (thirteen because he's sixteen right now, he starts school at the age of 3). By the same one person. 

Now it starts getting to legit drama, other than romance, because romance isn't really my type of writing :) (oh, this isn't the only plot, though. I don't wanna spoil it~!) Who do you guys want the '' to be? [My friend suggested me to do someone from T-ARA because of the whole incident. I said that was stupid -.-] but seriously, I haven't thought of a name yet. AND AREN'T BLACK BAND-AID's cool? I want one soo badd. Because my favorite color's black lol...