Chapter 49

Your Choice

 

I originally wasn't going to update today because of my...err...issues, but I HAD TO. FIRST OF ALL, IT'S JONGIE'S BIRTHDAY IN KOREA RIGHT NOW♥ (of course I'm going to rant about it. BOTTOM A/N~~) I should also apologize. YOU GUYS WILL NEVER KNOW IF THEY MADE IT TO SCHOOL >:D

THE OTHER THING THAT GAVE ME THE POWER TO UPDATE TODAY WAS MYUNGYEOL'S TWEETS TO JONGIE~~ LAWLS I was laughing and smiling so hard! At the end of L's tweet to Sungjong, he put "I love you" and in Sungyeol's tweet to Sungjong, he put three hearts. ♥ They were also the only ones that wished him a happy birthday so far, AND it was at around 1 in the morning. Sungyeol tweeted five minutes after L did (I know because I get their tweets sent to my phone...L tweeted at 8 AM [my timezone] and Sungyeol's tweet was at 8:05 AM) bahahaha I'm such a stalker...SHAMELESS.

5 years later

“APPA!”

            Sungjong smiled as Suzy gave him a big hug.

            “School today,” she groaned as Sungjong took her bag and threw it into his car. “Ugh. So many boys.”

            Still smiling, Sungjong said, “It’s not your fault for being so pretty and irresistible. Listen, if any guys –“

            “I got it, breaks my heart, you’ll kill them,” Suzy finished, rolling her eyes. “You know I love you, Appa.”

            Suzy was the most wanted girl in her high school, despite being only a freshman at 15 years old. She had all the boys wrapped around her finger – from Kim Soo Hyun to Shin Won Ho.

            Nobody ever asked Suzy why her father was so young. Everybody recognized him; he was the one hot dude that could drive, was 21 years old, and always came for Suzy, and Suzy only. It crushed all the boys’ hearts until they realized that he was her father. They always had it in their minds, questioning on how Suzy’s father was only 6 years older than she was, but they never asked.

            Sungjong always came for parents conferences, to open houses, to everything. He was officially signed off as Suzy’s guardian when he turned 18.

            The one question was: where was Suzy’s mom? She never came. She never showed her face. Whenever Suzy was asked where her Umma was, she would say that her mom was ‘busy’ and couldn’t come. It only took the one sentence “my Umma is alive” in the 6th grade, and nobody ever asked her again if her father was a widower.

 

 “Cry,” Sungyeol demanded.

            Myungsoo just looked up at him with a torn look, not saying a word. “Sungyeol-ah…”

            “Cry.”

            “I…”

            “MYUNGSOO.”

            A tear finally fell out of Myungsoo’s eye as he crashed down onto his knees. He didn’t care if it was dirty. He didn’t care if anybody was watching. Nobody was, anyway, besides Sungyeol.

            Sungyeol let out a satisfied sigh and began to bend down next to fiancé. That’s right, fiancé. Engaged for three months, together forever.

            He played with his ring, then looked back up at Myungsoo. The younger boy was still staring, tears falling mercilessly but no noise coming out.

            Scooting over, Sungyeol hugged Myungsoo’s waist and read the carving on the gravestone out loud.

            “A man who loved everybody, but couldn’t show it. A man who wanted to protect everybody, but couldn’t do it. A man who had feelings, but destroyed them. A man named Kim Jungwoo, who will be remembered.”

            Sungyeol’s voice cracked as he remembered the event five years ago when they found out that Myungsoo’s dad was dead. He didn’t want to remember it. It was the worst thing that had happened to him in years. Myungsoo just locked everybody besides Sungyeol out completely. He wouldn’t eat unless Sungyeol fed him. He wouldn’t talk, would only answer questions that Sungyeol himself asked him. Fei couldn’t even crack the barrier between her and her brother – it was that bad.

            Nobody besides Myungsoo and Sungyeol knew Jungwoo’s real intentions. Everybody still had it in their minds that he was a heartless, meaningless bastard that deserved to die. Nearly all of Sungyeol’s friends wanted to strangle him when he made the carving.

            Yes, he made it. Not Myungsoo. He was the one that came up with it, because Myungsoo was too destroyed to do anything. Sungyeol was shunned for days with everybody thinking that he actually believed Kim Jungwoo wasn’t the worst human being alive, besides Park Gyuri, whose body was thrown in the sea and watched by dozens as it was chewed by a shark.

            Sungyeol let go of Myungsoo’s waist to wipe his tears away, planting a soft kiss on the boy’s vulnerable lips.

            Before he could let go, Myungsoo grabbed his hands and tugged him back in. “Hi, Jungwoo. Sorry I haven’t visited in a while…last time was four months ago, am I correct?”

            Sungyeol was a bit shocked at Myungsoo’s steady voice, but ignored it. He leaned in closer, his palm being ripped apart by Myungsoo’s nails.

            “Sungyeol proposed to me,” Myungsoo said, eyes on the grave. “We’re going to get married in a few years. And we decided…we’re going to have it here.

            “We don’t want to tell anybody yet. They’re all going to think that we’re crazy, wanting to get married at a graveyard, and worst of all, at Kim Jungwoo’s gravesite.”

            “But we’re still going to do it,” Sungyeol piped up. “It doesn’t matter if nobody comes. We want you to be there when we get married. You deserve it, at the most.”

            “Hwayoung’s still brain dead,” Myungsoo said quietly. “Sungjong has gotten happier, and Suzy is now his daughter. I don’t know if she even remembers you, Jungwoo. She might not; the doctors say that you caused her enough trauma to forget about you and Gyuri completely. We never really even bothered to ask…”

            “Five years ago, when they announced you were dead, Suzy didn’t react at all. She didn’t say a word, and she carried on with her life,” Sungyeol continued. “Nobody went to your funeral, nobody but us. I invited them, but they refused to come. I still think it’s because they were hating on me for the carving, not because they didn’t want to see you.”

            Myungsoo leaned closer to the gravestone and laid a chaste kiss on it. “Wait five more years, Jungwoo. We’ll get married then, right here, I promise. It doesn’t matter if nobody will come. As long as the one man that was in the background, working the strings, was here…then it’d be perfect.”

 

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes, glaring at Woohyun as he scribbled something on a clipboard. He had to admit; he was jealous. Very.

            How on earth did the boy manage to go through community college and medical school in the span of four years?! It wasn’t humanly possible. It just…wasn’t.

            And here Sunggyu was, dying through medical school. He’s finished his four years of college and university, and he was still trying to get his medical degree. God, he hated Woohyun right now. So much.

            “Here you go,” Woohyun said, smiling as he handed the clipboard to Sunggyu. “Give this to the nurse later, will you?”

            Sunggyu growled something and took it, walking over to the group of nurses. He had a full-time volunteering job that helped him earn credits to get through medical school, so he was technically a doctor already. Sunggyu both loved and hated it. Loved it because he got to spend more time with Woohyun, but also hated it because he had to stand Woohyun’s bragging and stance over him. He just hated it.

            “DOCTOR! WOOHYUN! ROOM 123, RYU HWAYOUNG, NOW! DOCTOR NAM WOOHYUN! NOW!”

 

He couldn’t. It hurt too much to see…the red liquid, seeping out so –

            “DONGWOO, I SWEAR, JUST ING CUT THE WATERMELON AND STOP WITH YOUR MURDER ROLEPLAY.”

            “Party pooper,” Dongwoo muttered as he went to cutting the rest of the watermelon.

            “Shut up. We’re opening in a few hours, so that all better be cut by the time I get the rest of the fruits.”

            Dongwoo nodded and cut the rest of it. Five years later, he and Hoya had opened their own little fruits store. It was nice, a little store in the middle of absolutely nowhere. [A/N: You know, one of those stores you find when you drive in the freeway, and it’s smack in the middle of nowhere; like, randomly put in a humungous dirt field. Please say you know what I’m talking about. I don’t know if they have those in Korea, but there’re a ton in the USA.]

            Their store was actually a lot more visited than you’d believe. It was either because Hoya was diligent enough to go and get a fresh batch of fruits each morning, or because Dongwoo cut it so nicely, or because people just loved to stay there and chat with the owners. 

            Hoya and Dongwoo both lived in a little house to the right of the shop. They were together and they loved it, but missed their friends. Every weekend, though, they would drive down and live with either Sungjong and Suzy, Sungyeol and Myungsoo, or Sunggyu and Woohyun. Either way, they could crash somewhere.

            “DONGWOO! GET OUT HERE NOW! WE HAVE TO GO!”

            “What? Why?” Dongwoo finished with the watermelon and set the knife out, running outside.

            “GET IN THE CAR!” Hoya shouted, turning on the engine.

            Dongwoo nodded, and shut the shop door, locking it. “What’s wrong?”

            “WE NEED TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL – NOW!”

 

Fei yawned, forking through her university papers. She knew that she had to work hard – this was on a scholarship, for Pete’s sake! But school was just…so…tiring…

            “BAD GIRL NA NA NA GOOD GIRL NA NA NA SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING NA NA NA NA NA NA NA…”

            She growled, grabbing her phone. “Yes?”

            “FEI. HOSPITAL. NOW.”

 

“She had a seizure a few hours ago,” Woohyun explained to his friends as they watched over Hwayoung’s body.

            It was nice, in a way, to have everybody united in this hospital room. Memories, tons of them, flooded back to the day that this happened five years ago. It wasn’t like they had actually wanted to remember it, though.

            Hoya and Dongwoo were in their usual place, sitting on the right hand side of the hospital bed. Sunggyu and Woohyun and standing over Hwayoung, for they were her assigned doctors. She was the one patient that Woohyun had asked to be in charge of when he arrived at the hospital.

            Sungjong and Suzy was fidgeting nervously on the left hand side of the bed, Sungjong holding tightly onto Hwayoung’s hand. There hasn’t been a day in the history of five years that Sungjong didn’t come visit Hwayoung. And each day, he’d spend at least three hours in the hospital. The same went for Suzy.

            Myungsoo and Sungyeol were sitting at the end of her bed in two chairs. Myungsoo’s eyes were red, but nobody had bothered to ask why. Fei was sitting on the leg of Myungsoo’s chair, her brother holding her waist to prevent her from falling off.

            “Is a seizure a good thing?” Sungjong breathed out, not wanting to cry yet.

            Woohyun just nodded. He was already crying, from the moment he heard the news. “It’s the first movement she’s made in three years, Sungjong-ah.”

            “So she’ll…”

            Woohyun just nodded, handing his clipboard over to his patient’s boyfriend and daughter. The two of them examined the paper carefully, and Sungjong’s first tear fell.

            “She’s…going to…”

            “YOU GUYS!” Sungyeol screamed as he leaped off his seat. He ran over to Hwayoung, shoving his way through Sungjong and Suzy. Myungsoo let go of Fei and the two of them rushed over to the bed.

            “Her eyes…” Sungyeol breathed out. “While you were talking…her eyes…”

            “What?!” Sungjong demanded, throwing the clipboard onto the ground. “WHAT HAPPENED?!”
            As if on cue, Hwayoung’s eyes fluttered a bit. Sungjong felt the hand that was in his begin to shiver a little, and he wanted to faint.

            They closed again. Two minutes later, her eyes began to blink a little, and then they fully opened. She stared at the white ceiling, not knowing anything. She heard shouting. She heard screaming. She was confused.

            But in her heart, she was happy.

 

HOW WAS IT? HUH? DID YOU GUYS LIKE IT? HWAYOUNGIE WOKE UP. XDDDDDDDDDD YOU WELCOME~~ THAT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY PRESENT, JONGIE♥ and I really aplogize about Fei's ringtone >///< I was too depressed and too lazy to look the the romanized version of Bad Girl Good Girl so I just replaced it with my own lyrics XDD I got so many mixed reactions for Jungwoo's dead XDD I was just sitting there confused for most of them, like...did you want him to die or are you pissed at me for making him die?

comment REPLIES~ YOU GUYS. YOU SHOULD ALL COMMENT. TOMORROW'S CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE MY LAST COMMENT REPLY FOR THIS ENTIRE STORY. ALL MY SILENT READERS, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO :DD JUST DROP BY TO SAY HI. Please? Tell me how you liked the story. I'd be SO enternally grateful to you guys. PLEASE, I WANT, LIKE, 100 COMMENTS TOMORROW :DD [naw, I'm just joking. You guys don't have to, but I'd love it if you did♥]

@pripri: yep :)

@LollipopGirl01: He did anyway :P and I know right~~♥ it made my freaking day ^^

@kodiak: LOL is it considered angst? XDD well, school regestration's pretty important...I wouldn't want to miss it :P

@dojorockergirl: hmm. Is bad stuff gonna happen? XDD LOL YES, HE'S DEAD.

@inspirit-kay: YES, I READ YOUR ONE SHOT! IT WAS GOOD♥ XDDDD gosh I actually like my glasses :P they make me look smart XDD YES, THEY DID FORGET.

@B1A4Katie1: guess what. SHE WOKE UP~~ PARRRRTTAAAAAYYYYYYY TIMMEEEEEEE~~~~~ LOL if I forgot about school, I'd be screwed. YES. YES. Well, no, not really, because they were always my #1 OTP :DD

@lolaurakelly: oh well 'cause he's already dead anyways~~ :)

@asdfghjklomg: aww~~ thankyouu! I'm glad my writing can be called beautiful :DD YES MYUNGYEOL IS EFFING PERFECT, SERIOUSLY. THEY'RE JUST. UGH. PERFECTION. NOTHING ELSE ABOUT IT.

@ChocoAikocream: YAY I'll stay alive ^^ ahaha it's okay~~ THANKYOUUU!!♥

@WingzOfHell: HE COMMITTED SUICIDE. AND YOU WILL NEVER KNOW >:]

@NinjaDae: aww, you like it? THANKKYOUU~~!

@chariit: omg I'm sorry!! tell me what you're confused about, I'll be glad to clear it up for you~~♥

@BalancedCuppyCake: ...alright...I won't kill anybody...geez...LOOOOOL IS HER BEING DUMPED INTO THE SEA AND CHEWED BY SHARKS ENOUGH FOR YOU? That part was especially dedicated to you. [LAWLS DO YOU HATE GYURI (rl) THAT MUCH? XDDD yes, you do.] wtf. What kind of school do you go to? o.O YES, THEY DO. HAHA. YES. Potatoes?....French fries.

@kausalluveunhae: LOOL IT'S OKAY XDD YOU LIKED GYURI DEATH? *high five* I had the time of my life writing that scene. Your devil side is amazing, do not worry. :P AWW THANK YOUUU! *starts singing*  NAEGA JEIL JAL NAGA NAEGA JEIL JAL NAGA

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: YES. BUT HE'S ALREADY DEAD XDD Gyuri did get what she deserved...and Hwayoung did wake up! ^^ LOOOL I updated ^^

@AnoBasho: YES, it actually is a lot~~ yes, Woohyun actually is very dense and stupid XDD I just made him smart because when you have Gyuri as a teacher...you have to learn. A lot. T.T I'M SORRY. D: 3

@MissAshleyCakes: I'M SORRY!! T.T YOU CAN READ MY OTHER FIC, THOUGH? XD IF YOU WANT TO...:P sowyy~~ D:

17? WELL THAT'S STILL GOOD!♥ I LUV YOU GUYSSSS~~

AND SINCE IT'S MY JONGIE'S BIRTHDAY...RANT TIME.

OH gosh I don't even know how to start. Sungjong, you are the most amazing little maknae ever. You're (one of my) biase(s) in INFINITE, and for good reasons, too. The way you play the piano is just so absolutely AMAZING. I love how you're prettier than I am, even if I'm an effing girl, and I'll admit that anytime. You have no idea how much my heart hurt when I found out that Sungjong was teased by s. He's so strong to be able to put up with it, and the members acknowledge that. I love this little diva maknae SO MUCH it hurts. The way he sings ballad songs, it literally breaks me apart. Whenever I see that smile on his face, my day literally brightens up. He's just so perfect. Do you know how deep my love for this guy is? INFINITE. FREAKING INFINITE. He's just...I don't even know how to describe it anymore. I remember when I made him my bias for the first time. My biases were already set as Myungsoo and Sungyeol after watching SUFBB and Sesame Player, but then Sungjong came in. I don't know, he gives you this feeling, like you're not alone. I don't know...like if I watch a video with him in it, I feel like there's eternal love just floating out of it. Whenever I saw a comment about Sungjong, I would just brighten up. Sure, he's third to MyungYeol [that's why I set my biases as 'MyungYeolJong] but you CAN'T SAY I love him any less. He's just...I LOVE THIS BOY, WITH ALL MY HEART. I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER AND EVER UNTIL THE WORLD ENDS. THAT'S ALL. 

[keke that was really, really long but I didn't know how to express my love for him. It's really  hard with Sungjong T.T] ♥