Chapter 11

Your Choice

 

YAY. I decided to write a chapter while I was at a family party...it was so boring...with just old people (who ignored me) and my cousins, who brought their boyfriends/girlfriends along...so I was like FREAK THIS. I'M JUST GONNA IGNORE YOU GUYS, TOO. So yeah. I hope you like this chapter! And I'm just saying, I'm trying to update daily, but I also have summer classes. But it's only for two hours, so I'll post around a chapter a day...and on weekends, probably two? LOL I'M TAKING UP YOUR TIME AGAIN. Now please read and enjoy:)

Woohyun was walking into the school, eyes nearly closed and hair completely messed up. He had been up all night thinking of how to tell Sunggyu the actual, legit truth about what happened that one night.

            He was supposed to be walking with L. Supposed to. L was now ahead of him by nearly twenty feet, completely tired of having to wait for Woohyun to snap out of dreamland and concentrate on walking.

            “I need to talk to you,” a hesitant voice said in front of Woohyun. Looking up, Woohyun was staring at somebody he’d never seen before.

            Wait. No. He had seen this person before – it was the guy with Sunggyu a few days ago. The guy that was pointing a pencil at him.

            “Yes?”

            Looking around, the guy grabbed Woohyun’s wrist and dragged him to the nearest corner where they were away from everybody.

            “What’s going on?” the guy asked, pouting.

            “Before that…who the are you?”

            “I’m Dongwoo,” he sighed. “Sunggyu hyung’s friend. I seriously need you to tell me what’s going on. After Sunggyu threw your little brother and you punching him. What’s going on?”

            Woohyun was about to tell him that it was none of his business when he paused, thinking over what Dongwoo just said. “What? Sunggyu threw him? L just told me that Sunggyu asked him a few questions and left, falling on his own because he has some dizziness issues.”

            Dongwoo could only stare, looking at Woohyun’s mix of shock and confusion face. His mind flashed to that day, Sungyeol’s scared look, the L guy’s answers and face. He knew that if L had a reason to lie to Woohyun, it’d better be good. “U – uh yeah. No, Sunggyu only asked him a question. I got confused – I meant that after you threw Sunggyu. My mind’s all messed up right now, to tell you the truth. I can’t stand seeing Sunggyu like this, it’s ruining everything.

            Nodding slowly, Woohyun was trying to figure out if he wanted to hug the guy for his mistake and reasoning for it, or to just punch him silly. He couldn’t stand seeing Sunggyu like this? Imagine what Woohyun was feeling!

            “Alright then,” Woohyun finally said, deciding to do neither. “I’m just going to go to class now.”

            When Woohyun finally left, Dongwoo cursed himself. He had let Woohyun go without having him explain anything! Ugh. Back to square 1. Life really couldn’t get any more complicated.

            Or so he thought.

 

It was the end of the day. Class was over. The first person to run out of the sophomore classroom was Sungjong, with a camera in his hand.

            Time to develop some photos.

 

“WHAT THE IS THIS?!” Sungyeol groaned, looking around his dorm room kitchen. No. More. ing. Coffee.           

            Sure, he already had a cup this morning, but that one cup wasn’t enough. He had spent the entire day in class jumping up and down, waiting for school to end so that he could finally have the taste of Americano.

            Hearing a knock on the door, Sungyeol sighed and walked over to it. Hoya was a forgetful person no matter how smart he was. Eyeing the abandoned key lying next to Hoya’s bed, Sungyeol opened the door and walked back to the kitchen.

            “Hoya, remember to get more coffee. We need more coffee. I’m dying here. I ING NEED COFFEE, HOYA.” Sungyeol pulled open some more cupboard doors in hope of finding an abandoned bowl of coffee beans somewhere.

            “Um…”

            Sungyeol turned around, finding L standing there. With a cup of coffee.

            “OH MY GOD I NEEDED THAT. THANK YOU SOO ING MUCH.” Running over to him, Sungyeol grabbed the cup from L’s hands and started chugging it down.

            What…is this? L thought. He had been meaning to talk to Sungyeol during school, but the choding was too fidgety, spacing out and unable to properly contribute to a conversation. After dropping everything off at home and changing his clothes, L had come back for the sole reason of finding Sungyeol’s dorm and finally being able to actually talk to him.

            And, yes, he just did happen to get coffee on the way there.

            “Aren’t you gonna ask me why I’m here?” L asked, eyeing his hyung.

            “No,” Sungyeol shrugged, putting down the cup. “You brought me coffee, that’s all I needed. So…you wanna sit or something?

            Looking around the room, L finally resorted to sitting on Sungyeol’s bed. Sungyeol threw away the empty cup of Cappuccino (not that it was not Americano) and sat on the ground in front of him.

            “What do you need?”

            L looked at him, seriously wondering why Sunggyu had chosen him out of all people to confide the secret in. But he had to work with what he got.

            “I need you to tell me. Tell me everything Sunggyu told you about the night three and a half years ago.”

            “Why? Don’t you already know?”

            “Yes, Sungyeol, but I still need to know what Sunggyu told you.” Well, at least how much of the true story Sunggyu knew.

            Sungyeol flinched for a second, knowing that L had no respect for him to call him ‘hyung’. He executed that thought from his mind, though, because now he had to try to dig further back to when Sunggyu told him what happened.

            “You know. Sunggyu said in that month, Woohyun was acting strange. He was quiet and more distant, always looking worried and completely conflicted. They had been together for only a few months, but Sunggyu hyung said that he knew he was in love, or whatever romantic crap, and he thought that Woohyun felt the same way. But that month, Woohyun wasn’t being his usual greasy, teasing self. He kept to himself a lot, and so Sunggyu got worried. He would go to Woohyun’s house every night to make sure Woohyun was okay. Everything was going fine until he came to visit one day and nobody opened the door for him. Woohyun’s parents weren’t there, and it seemed like Woohyun wasn’t either. But since the light was on in your brother’s room, Sunggyu knew he was there and let himself in…just to go upstairs and find Woohyun and that girl…together.”

            Pausing, Sungyeol looked up from the ground and at L. Of course, L’s face expression was completely nothing. He sighed, continuing on.

            “He tried to figure out what was going on, but Woohyun just screamed at him to go and close the door. Sunggyu obliged and left…poor hyung….well, Woohyun didn’t go to school for the next few days and when he did, he was confronted by Sunggyu. They had a really bad argument and Sunggyu told him that they were over, that he never wanted to seem Woohyun again. But that didn’t matter because Woohyun broke the news to him – he was moving. Heck, that made Sunggyu happy. But he doubted it, so he went to visit the house that was nearly his second home…and found nobody. That was it. That was the end. Well, until that night we met. But you know what happened then.”

            L nodded, putting his head into his hands. “That’s it? He didn’t know why Woohyun was depressed?”

            “No,” Sungyeol answered. “Sunggyu hyung told me that he tried asking Woohyun countless amounts of times but to no avail. He wouldn’t answer him, so Sunggyu decided to let it go.’
            “Oh.”

            “Wait…L, do you know? You do, right? Why Woohyun was like that.”

            Silently, L nodded. His face was still staring down at only his jeans and nothing else.

            “You wanna tell me?” Sungyeol asked hopefully. He told himself that it was because Sunggyu needed to know – but he knew it was because of the way L looked right now, completely thrown off and the need to tell someone what happened.

            Still down, L slowly shook his head.

            “Alright then,” Sungyeol said quietly, standing up to sit next to L on the bed.

 

“Sunggyu. SUNGGYU.”

            Fed up, Sunggyu turned around to look at Woohyun. “You’ve been following me for the past mile. What the do you want?”

            Woohyun gulped, getting lost in Sunggyu’s face – the face that had grown up, that he hadn’t seen in over three years but still yearned so much for.

            “Sunggyu…I have something I need to tell you. And this time, you seriously have to listen to me.”

There. Now you know what happened with Sunggyu and Woohyun that night :) I'm sorry I didn't put it in Sunggyu's view. Well, it kind of is. I was trying to include Myungyeol somewhere in there:) AND YAYY WOOHYUN'S GONNA TALK TO SUNGGYU.

Comment replies here. Because I think you guys are getting sick of me replying on your wall T.T only two comments, guys? I'll take it :)

@IAmMeMyself: Aw, thank you! I replied to your wall but deleted it because...well, I was posting up a reply here anyway. Hehe glad you like Sungjong! ^^

@inspirit-kay: ikr. seriously. really? You don't mind my rants? I COULD RANT TO YOU ALL DAY. :D and uh...new update is here! It's funny because I read your comment after typing this chapter, and my last sentence...LOL you got your wish. Woohyun is gonna talk to Sunggyu. And Sunggyu'll try to listen. :)