Chapter 48

Your Choice

 

Hiii :3 sorry for not updating yesterday~~ it's due to not being able to expand my imagination and having to write two fanfics with the people that have different characters/attitudes T.T (for all my HMS readers, I'm probably going to update that story TONIGHT, but I'm not too sure :3 hehe~~)

ALRIGHT, SO HERE'S HOW IT'S GOING TO GO DOWN: there's going to be exactly 2 more chapters left, excluding a final one that has nothing to do with the story. This is the last chapter that will be in this time period, the next will be in a timeskip, and the one after will be in a deeper time skip :) I'm sorry if this chapter wasn't enough to fulfill your needs, I really am T.T would this help?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qXFN847G3M&feature=g-all-u /http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb3elPYGkDU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sungyeol squirmed in his seat as he watched Myungsoo take some painkillers. The doctor injected something into his arm and, with a slight goodbye, left the room.

            “So…”

            “Gyuri’s dead, right?” Myungsoo asked nervously as he settled into his bed to be more comfortable. “You sure?”

            “I’m pretty sure…”

            “That’s good,” he sighed, staring at the ceiling. “She won’t…kill me now.”

            Sungyeol didn’t know what to do. He was a good distance away from his boyfriend, scared to even touch him. At the moment, Myungsoo was radiating this kind of ‘aura’ that said ‘if you touch me, I’m going to break. So be prepared to watch a mental breakdown if you dare lay a finger on me.’ He knew Myungsoo all too well.

            He didn’t even want to talk. He wanted to know what happened, but he knew that he couldn’t talk. Myungsoo, despite how weak he was at the moment, had to tell him on his own. Without any pressure.

            “Jungwoo…he isn’t getting out of prison anytime soon, right?”

            Still scared, Sungyeol nodded. He also noticed that Myungsoo had called his father ‘Jungwoo’ and not ‘Appa’. Well, technically, Woohyun’s dad was Myungsoo’s true father.

            “After the trial,” Myungsoo breathed out a few minutes later, “Jungwoo talked to me. Without the consent of my mom or dad.”

            Sungyeol just nodded, waiting for him to continue speaking.

            “Gyuri had been at the trial. I don’t even know why she came…she hated me so much; I wasn’t sure if she was glad to see me go or upset to know that her punching pillow was gone. It didn’t matter in the end, anyway, because she managed to trick my parents into thinking that she loved me and that she wanted to stay by my side as a teacher…

            “…Well, back to Jungwoo. I don’t know why, but for the first time, he actually tried to talk to me. Without yelling, or cursing, at me. That’s probably because he wasn’t drunk, but it still felt weird. He…apologized. He said that it was his fault, all his fault that Gyuri beat me. That he should’ve done something to stop her, drunk or not. Maybe if he’d done something to prevent it, maybe I wouldn’t have wanted to leave so badly…”

            Myungsoo looked like he needed somebody to comfort him, but Sungyeol knew that he still had to keep his distance. One touch, the boy would start crying and Sungyeol wouldn’t know how to stop him and, worst of all, he wouldn’t hear the rest of the story.

            “He said that at first, he only wanted me because I reminded him so much of Jin Ri. I had her eyes and her lips. I was like his replacement for her, just staring at me would keep him satisfied. But he yearned for more, he wanted my mother in person, not just me. I wasn’t enough. Gyuri knew this, that was…a reason why she hated me so much. Bearing four girls for him wasn’t enough for Jungwoo to stayed tied down to his wife. He tried so hard to love Gyuri, but the woman just wasn’t loveable.

            “Jungwoo told me that he loved me. Not because I was the only connection between him and Jin Ri that would ever appear, but because I was his only son and the bravest kid he knew. I could keep up with his hellish wife’s beatings and still have enough love in my heart to care for my sisters. He hadn’t known love for years, not since high school, not since my mom broke up with him. He almost forgot what love was, but then…he saw me and Gyuri’s daughters. He said that that was true love.

            “Yeol…he wasn’t a bad man. He was just ed up in the brain. He cared, I know he did. He just didn’t have the guts to do anything or the heart to love anymore…I know he loved Min, Jia, Fei, and Suzy. He just didn’t know how to show it. He loved them, it was so obvious, because no matter how drunk he was when he came home…he never, ever, not once, dared to harm them in any way.”

            He didn’t want to talk anymore. It hurt him so much to say anything about his birth father. He couldn’t take it…the man that had been in pain for years but hidden it so deeply.

            One touch. That was all he needed. Sungyeol reached out to lay a hand on Myungsoo’s tear-streaked cheek, and he broke.

            But he was happy that he broke. Happy that finally, Jungwoo’s defenseless barrier was revealed, and he didn’t have to hold up the aching of his dad.

 

“I didn’t have any time…”

            “THAT’S NOT A ING EXCUSE, WOOHYUN!” Sunggyu screamed, obviously mad. “How could you…Oh my God…I don’t…I can’t even with you…”

            “Look, hyung, I entered school midway through the year!” Woohyun protested. “I didn’t do any of…this signing up .”

            “You need to go to college, Woohyun!” Groaning, Sunggyu threw himself back into the chair. “Just…ugh.”

            “I’m smart enough, right?” Woohyun shrugged. “I can just, like, go to community college or something like that. Maybe I’ll get accepted into a university after that.”

            “You’re horrible, Woohyun. Really.”

            “I know!” Woohyun grinned, inching closer to his boyfriend. After a second, though, his smile fell. “Wait…hyung…”

            “Yeah?”

            “What about…the others?”

           

Across the city, Hoya and Dongwoo were walking back to Hoya’s dorm, since Dongwoo had already graduated. They’d just come back from a nice little outing with Fei, and decided that it was time to go home…when something in the glass caught their eye.

            They stared at each other, mouths dropping open.

            “.”

 

“Appa, you need to eat more. You look like a stick.”

            “Suzy-ah!” Fei giggled. She walked over to pull Suzy away from the sleeping Sungjong. “Don’t say that!”

            “But he does!” Suzy pouted. “You can see his bones! Too skinny.”

            “Your Appa’s not skinny, he’s just a very thin, pretty boy,” Fei tried. She couldn’t help but laugh, still trying her best not to wake Sungjong up.

            “I’m beautiful,” he muttered, still asleep.

            “Yes, yes you are.” Fei chuckled a little and, after setting Suzy down, pulled the blanket cover over Hwayoung.

            “I don’t know what I’m going to do without you next year,” Fei sighed as she pushed her friend’s bangs out of her eye. “I’m going to be all alone – oh .”

            She took one glance at Suzy and, convincing herself that her little sister would be safe, grabbed the asleep Sungjong’s hand and ran out of the room, dragging her friend, who was beginning to wake up, along.

 

“YOU GUYS!”

            “What?!” Sungyeol looked up to find Hoya running into the room. L woke up right away, still a little dazed after crying himself to sleep.

            Dongwoo ran in a few seconds later, due to the fact that he didn’t really care because all of ‘this’ had nothing to do with him.

            “It’s September 1st,” Hoya huffed, breathing heavily when he reached L’s bed.

            Fei also stumbled in and crashed on the ground next to Sungyeol’s chair, a very confused Sungjong following her. “We’re so ing screwed…”

            “What?!” Sungyeol demanded, starting to freak out.

            “School starts next week,” Hoya explained. “And registration was two weeks ago.” 

            The only thing that came out of Sungyeol and L’s mouths: “.”

 

It was nice. It reflected the light from the window beautifully, shining and spreading a rainbow around the dark, dark room.

            He didn’t know if he wanted to do this. He didn’t know why he was doing this.

            Just as he was about to stop, a though overflowed his brain. He’d nearly killed a girl – heck, he did kill her. He had no right to be here. No right to live.

            The boy’s voice echoed in his head. What was his name? Lee Sungyeol, was it? He was a good boy. He was smart. He was handsome. He had guts. He was determined. He knew what he was talking about.

            …Like my son, Jungwoo thought. Wait. Did he even deserve to call him his son? No, he didn’t. Myungsoo…no, L. He hated the name Myungsoo. Why? Because Jungwoo had given it to him. L would never accept his love. Never. If L could live on his hatred for Jungwoo, the teenager would be immortal.

            “He’s dead. He died the minute you kidnapped him from the hospital.”

            One stab was all it took.

Bad? Good? Wanna kill me? Please don't D: A ton of you guys were hating on Jungwoo now that Gyuri's already dead, so I was like YAY LET'S HAVE HIM DIE TOO :D lol seriously, don't kill me. OH. I should probably mention, since a lot of you guys were telling me to finish watching Ranking King (alright, so only about three people T.T) SO I FINISHED~~ GAWD DIED WITH THE MYUNGYEOL. LIKE GEEZ. And what's up with Hoya being all over Woohyun [and not his fluffy dinasour]? HAHAHAHAHAHA I LAUGHED SO HARD. I don't even know, these guys are just so priceless♥ I love them so much~~ I would also like to apologize for the lack of Hwajong T.T it's mainly because Sungjong's asleep, so yeah. XDD

COMMENT REPLIES~~ (I really do appreciate you guys' comments, compliments or critisism. T.T I've been down a lot lately, and they influence me to work a lot harder! [lawls and INFINITE's Ranking King, too XDD])

@_IShipEveryCouple_: will Hwayoung wake up ;DD lol tbh...I've never been in a hospital before, minus the one time I was born T.T but I've had a lot of friends tell me how boring the hospital is XDD so yes!

@dojorockergirl: Hwayoung does need to wake upT.T will she? HAHA yeah, L's dad's dead now :) happy? XDDDD YES I DID. I'M HAPPY♥ I haven't had a lollipop for the longest time T.T...so lollipop deprived...

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: LOL should she....? She probably will though, so WHATEVS. XDD You've found out what happens to Myungyeol ♥ and I updated ^^

@LollipopGirl01: HAHA I'm sorry XDD mixed emotions: good or bad? LOL do you want me to seperate it, like all happy and all sad? ;DD

@NinjaDae: wait what. WE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY? THAT'S SO COOL ♥~~

@ZO9ZO9: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I'M LAUGHING RIGHT NOW XDDD IMAGINE IF THAT HAPPENED. THAT. WOULD. BE. SO. EFFING. EPIC. 

@MissAshleyCakes: LOL they cancel each other out~~ :)

@asdfghjklomg: HAHAHA I KNOW RIGHT XDD YES YES YES I WATCHED IT. I JUST DIED. LIKE DIED. THERE'S NO OTHER WAY TO SAY IT. I DIED. END OF SENTENCE. DEEEEEEADDDDD.

@kpoluv7: OMG YOU'RE RIGHT. Like, in a fanfic or any video of a show I'm watching, I always tend to read the comments and it ends up like WTF HE DIES?! NO. I'M NOT WATCHING THIS ANYMORE. even if it's the best thing on earth XDD Hwajong 3 but YaDong and Woogyu ^^♥ hehe THANKYOU~~

@BalancedCuppyCake: Pfft. Sungyeol looks y in ANYTHING and EVERYTHING >:DD. But...I need my glasses to see D': LOOOOL DO YOU REALLY WANT ME TO DO THAT? HAHAHA START A MINI-SERIES WHERE EVERYBODY JUST KILLS GYURI OVER AND OVER AGAIN. dude wtf. ._. what kind of school tortures you like that?

@kodiak: I'm sorry! D: I'm not that good of an angst writer to begin with, so I can't really diffrentiate the difference between angst or how to write it perfectly T.T again, sorry! :( ahaha I KNOW RIGHT?! DUDE WHEN I FRIST SAW HIM I'M LIKE...I WANT TO TOUCH THOSE CHEEKS omg they're so cute ^^ LOL

@B1A4Katie1: KK NOW FOR A LONG REPLY~~ YES I DID. I FREAKING DID AND I'M WEARING THEM RIGHT NOW AND I'M HAPPY :DD LOL DID MYUNGYEOL IS THE MOST ASDFGHJKL PERFECTEST THING EVARRRRRR.♥ asdfghjkl i want a mini Dongwoo toooo~~ if only Woolliment made one -.- THEY SHOULD MAKE MINI INFINITE DOLLS. YEAH. No, that'd be creepy, but they still should :3 LOL HWAYOUNG'S NOT GOING TO WAKE UP XDDD I mean, now anyways XDD YES I DID. AND I SEEM LIKE A WEIRDO BECAUSE I'm the only author on AFF with the 'Hwajong' tag ._. *sigh*

@chariiit: 3 myungie~~

@inspirit-kay: OHH, I don't wear contacts because I don't need them all the time. That's why I lose my glasses so easily; I just put them down wherever. I only use them to look at far-away things or the computer, so it'd be a hassle to take contacts on and off constantly. HAHAH post them quickly, kk? I wanna read it~~ ;DD YES, WOOGYU AND YADONG ARE AMAZING. ♥ heartbreaking Hwajong and cute Myungyeol ^^ LOL

@ChocoAikocream: HAHAHA...XDD they are♥ yes I did~~♥ and I do! XD I like strawberry too, though :3 hehe~~ and now you know what L's dad told him ^^ WOOGYU AND YADONG♥ and Hwayoung's still...like that 3

@WingzOfHell: Hwajong 3 now you know what Myungsoo's dad said ^^ questions...answered. ;D

@Coconuts_94: LOL there is probably some way XDD like, random pills. I mean, if Woohyun's condition got fixed by pills, can't Hwayoung's? XDD I don't even know anymore~~ D:

@AnoBasho: now you know ^^ ahaha Woohyun and Dongwoo both pissing off their lovers ;PP Hwajong's still all broken up...2 years is a lot, actually D: 3

@TakuShin: I know 3 aha sorryy! ;PP

@shersalazy: they should take a little break? ^^ haha yeah, staying cooped up in a hospital isn't that good D:

20! YAY~~ :) hehe this was supposed to be posted at around 11, now it's 1:29 PM. -.- asdfghjkl youtube and infinite distract me. XDD!! THANKYOUSS AND BYEBYE♥