Chapter 9

Your Choice

 

I was supposed to post this ch. yesterday after my summer class. But I was so pissed, I didn't. You probably don't want to listen to my ranting, so I'll just rant at the end A/N so if you don't want to read it, just skip it. :)

OH. So I was just looking through Myungyeol fanfics this morning while I was at the orthodontist (yes, I still have braces =.=) and I discovered that a lot of them had Myungsoo as the cold, hidden character. My story included. And somehow, he had an unpleasant past. Gosh...so I decided to twist up my story a bit with Myungsoo's past. He has a horrid one, yes, but at least he has a loving family :3 (I was gonna make him have a hateful family. But I wanted to un-cliche it.)

“Oh, hyung!”

            Sunggyu let out a quick wave, still traumatized at the sight of Sungyeol in bright blue one-piece pajamas, brushing his teeth.

            “Oh, Sunggyu. What’re you doing here?”

            Looking behind him, Sunggyu saw Hoya. Wearing normal clothes – a white t-shirt and red, plaid sleeping pants.

            “He came to talk to me,” Sungyeol answered for him. Sunggyu was just plain surprised at how Sungyeol could talk so perfectly with toothpaste and a toothbrush stuck in his mouth.

            “You know what, never mind. I was too busy helping Sungjong with his homework – oh Lord, help the boy – so I couldn’t come anytime sooner. But I doubt this is a good time, seeing as –“

            Interrupting Sunggyu, Sungyeol pushed him to the bed and said, “Sit there. Do not go anywhere. Let me finish brushing my teeth. You have a ton of explaining to do. Hey, Hoya, watch out for him.”

            And with that, Sungyeol happily skipped to the bathroom. Sunggyu looked up, finding Hoya staring at him scarily.

            “…What?”

            “Huh?”

            “What’s wrong? You look funny.”

            Hoya shook his head. “Nothing.” He was trying so hard to figure out what he was feeling. He half wanted to smack Sunggyu across the face to make up for turning Dongwoo into something weird, and he half wanted to hug Sunggyu – the older male had this lost, out of order look. The same look that Dongwoo had earlier that day.

            “Oh.”

            “…Hey, hyung, what happened?”

            “What do you mean? Oh, crap. Did Sungyeol tell you anything?” For a second, Sunggyu actually looked worried.

            “Oh, no. Dongwoo came earlier today looking for Sungyeol. He…he told me what happened. Well, up to when Woohyun punched you. He said he blanked out after that.”

            “Oh. Dongwoo did?”

            Hoya had to agree with the look on Sunggyu’s face – despite how kiddish Dongwoo could be, he was nothing when he was worried. Everybody was worried for Dongwoo when something happened between his friends.

            “I would check up on him, but Sungyeol told me that I should just leave him alone for now.”

            [cue little chuckle from Sunggyu]. “You really don’t know, do you?”

            “Hmm? Don’t know what?” Hoya looked at Sunggyu strangely, as if expecting him to say that later tonight, a meteor would come and destroy the entire planet.

            “About Dongwoo?”

            “What about Dongwoo?”

            “Aishh. You’re even more clueless than Sungjong, and that’s saying a lot.” Sunggyu was getting tired of how oblivious Hoya was about Dongwoo’s feelings for him. It’d been five years – five ing years. It was either Dongwoo let go of his feelings, or Hoya realize it and a) return his feelings or b) totally reject him.

            “What?”

            Before Sunggyu had a chance to confess to Hoya about Dongwoo’s unwavering love of five years for him, Sungyeol came out, bouncing like a little squirrel.

            “Hey, hyung –“

            Sunggyu grabbed Sungyeol’s wrist, dragging him away and out the door. He knew it was time – time to tell somebody what had happened all this time.

 

“I’M SO BOREEEEDDD.” L kicked his feet as he was on the couch. His shirt was off – he had finished bandaging the scars that were left by Sunggyu. He had also finished all of his homework in the minimum of an hour, seeing as it was the easiest load he’d ever gotten. Like, ever.

            “Shut up, L, and go read a book or something. Put on a shirt, too, for crying out loud.”

            “I got it.”

            When Woohyun didn’t answer, L stood up and looked around for a shirt. “Hey, hyung…is Mother of Father coming home today?”

            “Hmm? I doubt it.”

            L nodded, throwing himself back down. His parents went in and out constantly without another thought. It didn’t bother him as much as it should’ve – it was just the thought that he knew his parents cared and loved him. Every time they came home, they always had a ton of gifts for both him and Woohyun. They would sit down and tell stories of their trips…but then be gone the next day. He smiled at the thought of it, though, because half of those days they were gone and nearly all the money fund they brought with them were spent buying gifts for their two sons.

            “…Woohyun?”

            “Yeah?”

            “Do you think we’re happy now? Without…her?” L had been meaning to ask his older brother this question ever since this morning. He always thought about it; when she had been here, the thoughts of seeing his parents and having them come back was paradise for him. But now, when she wasn’t here anymore, what would fill the void? When his parents came, it wouldn’t be as special. It would only stay special if they stayed here forever.

            “I don’t know, L. Right now, I’m not happy at all. But you…L, as long as you void yourself of anything that’s bothering you, you’ll be fine. Just fine.”

            Woohyun watched as his little brother gave him a small smile and laid back on the couch. There wasn’t any way that L could forget what happened to him the years before, Woohyun knew that. But at least now, the obstacle of the was over, and he could look ahead.

            Shaking his head, Woohyun tried to forget his problems – his feelings for Sunggyu that refused to leave him alone, the thoughts and guilt that hovered over him. He had to make it up to him somehow.

 

“…WHAT THE ?!”

            “Shut up!” Sunggyu hissed, covering Sungyeol’s mouth.

            “But…he…hyung…I’m so sorry.”

            “I know, he’s a ing son of a , isn’t he?”

            Sungyeol looked at Sunggyu, scared for a second. Then he remembered – his hyung had a good reason to be. How old was Woohyun at the time? Fourteen? Who had when they were ing fourteen?

            “Wait. Hyung, you’re gay?!”

            Sunggyu groaned, putting his palm to his head. Was that seriously the only thing Sungyeol got out of the story?

            “Yes, Sungyeol. And you’re not?”

            “WHAT? I’ve never been on a date, but that doesn’t mean I’m gay.”

            Rolling his eyes, Sunggyu said, “I’ve seen the way you look at L.” While he said it, he remembered what Woohyun had said. What had L gone through so bad that it was even worst than what Sunggyu had been through?

            “L? What about L? OH. He’s Woohyun’s brother, isn’t he? Is that why you came into the room this afternoon, hyung?”

            “I really don’t believe you, Sungyeol. I really don’t.”

Hehe has a little Yadong :) and I tried making Myungsoo seem happy. As happy as he could, actually, with my plot. AND SUNGGYU HAS TOLD SUNGYEOL ABOUT HIS DRAMA WITH WOOHYUN. But Sungyeol is so off track with the way he looks at L. HAHAHA.

Oh God. So this is what happened on Friday: my friend invited me to go to the spa with her and I said no because I wanted to go home and sleep. But she made me because I lost a bet to her a while back...so I went. While we were going in, I was reading The Da Vinci Code, one of my fav books ^^ And then some there looks at me and says to her boyfriend (I'm presuming it was her bf), "Look at that . She's reading a book." OMFG. LIKE WHAT THE ? I'M SORRY I WANT AN EDUCATION, OKAY? I really hope none of you guys become es like that. Read tons of books and be ing proud of it.