Chapter 7

Your Choice

 

“Yah! Somebody open the door already! HURRY.”

            Hoya sighed, standing up from the couch. It was already four and Sungyeol hadn’t come back yet. What happened? He was still pondering about why Sunggyu was so mad.

            Opening the door, Hoya found himself staring at a very suspenseful Dongwoo.

            “Is Sungyeol back yet?” Dongwoo nervously asked, looking behind Hoya and around the dorm. If it was any other day, Dongwoo would’ve been thrilled that he found Hoya in his room alone. But today – no. Today, Sunggyu and that Woohyun guy was his first priority.

            “No, he’s not back yet. Which is strange, seeing as he should be by now.”

            “Ugh, what the is this?!” Dongwoo screamed, frustrated. He punched the door frame with the side of his fist, looking up at the sky.

            “…Wanna come in and tell me what’s wrong? You can wait for Sungyeol here.”

            “Yeah, sure,” Dongwoo said quickly, walking into the dorm and throwing himself on the couch.

            “So?”
            “I don’t know what’s going on. Like seriously. I just left Sunggyu at his dorm a few minutes ago and went here to look for Sungyeol. Something’s going on, something that Sunggyu refuses to tell me. I just can’t figure out what it is!”

            Hoya flinched, a little scared to see Dongwoo like this. The Dongwoo he knew was a happy, bubbly, cheerfully, over-the-top guy. Not this…type of person. But Hoya knew why – Dongwoo really did care for his friends. That was a reason Hoya liked him so much.

            When Dongwoo noticed that the other boy hadn’t spoken a word yet, he decided it was time to calm down. “Hey…there was a new kid in your class, right?          The one that you told us about…L?”

            “Yeah…his real name’s Myungsoo, but he hates going by it. Why? Oh, I never got the chance to ask you why Sunggyu wanted to see him so badly.”

            Dongwoo paused, admitting defeat. “That was what I was going to ask you! I don’t even know. Sunggyu burst when he saw the L guy, just screaming at him, questioning why he was there. Then he threw the kid into a bookshelf…I feel so bad for Sungyeol, having to witness that. He hates seeing people get hurt…but I think it hurt Sunggyu even more when Sungyeol didn’t stand up and follow him. Aishh, seriously, what is this?!”

            “And then?”

            Looking up, Dongwoo noticed that Hoya was sitting next to him, staring at him intently. Shuddering a little, he continued. “Then…I don’t even know what happened. We were walking out of the classroom and I was just asking Sunggyu what went on in there when that Woohyun dude came out of nowhere.”

            “Woohyun?”

            “Yeah. He’s this new kid in our class. So…he punched Sunggyu –“ [cue little gasp from Hoya – nobody touched Sunggyu. Like, nobody.] “and before Sunggyu could react, he started talking smack about Sunggyu hurting his little brother.”

            “Little brother?”

            “Yeah. I was surprised too. L’s Woohyun’s little brother. And truthfully, let me tell you, they look nothing alike.”

            There was a silent pause until Dongwoo decided to continue. “Well…after that I just totally blanked out. He said something about hurting Sunggyu, something about L getting hurt a lot..I was too confused and totally out of mind to even understand.”

            Hoya let out a content smile, patting Dongwoo’s shoulder. He hated seeing Dongwoo confused – everybody did. Half because nobody wants to say goodbye to the over excited senior and half because…well, it’s mean, but half because there’s no way that Dongwoo could figure out anything on his own.

This was a short chapter...but it's my Yadong chappie~~ hehe.