Chapter 20

Your Choice

 

Here. 

“Sungyeol!”

            Recognizing the voice, Sungyeol dropped his pencil, running towards the door and opened it. A crying L crashed onto him.

            “L? L, what’s wrong?” Sungyeol asked frantically, pulling his friend up to eye-level as him. His tears pained Sungyeol’s heart so much, but Sungyeol knew he couldn’t do anything about that now. “L! Talk to me!”

            “Sungyeol…I saw her…I didn’t think I would see her for three years…Sungyeol…” L couldn’t take it anymore and crashed down, holding onto the door frame.

            Sungyeol bent down, hugging L. He was reminded of the day in the classroom all over again – but today, L finally broke down. “Who? Saw who?”

            When Sungyeol had finally managed L to look him in the eyes, L could only manage out a small “her”.

            “Her? L, who’s her?” Sungyeol slowly pulled L away from the door, closing it. He managed to get them onto the bed, L still clinging onto Sungyeol as if his life depended on it.

            “My sister…”

            “You and Woohyun have a sister?” Sungyeol looked at L strangely, wondering what had happened to make L this distraught.           

            “No,” L answered, almost inaudible. His eyes searched around Sungyeol’s face. “Not Woohyun’s sister. My sister.”

 

“Woohyun…are you okay?” Sunggyu asked, watching his boyfriend’s hands fiddle around with the cup of coffee in his hands.

            The two of them had resulted to going into a café to talk, away from the school. Woohyun had been fine until they reached their seats – now, he was cringing, drawing weird shapes on his cup with his index finger.

            Sunggyu was seeing him again. Not the Woohyun he knew, the Woohyun he thought that he’d never have to see again. The Woohyun from three years ago.

            “Woohyun.” Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s hand to keep it from moving. “Woohyun. You told me that you would tell me what happened.”

            Nodding, Woohyun blinked a bit. He wasn’t looking at Sunggyu. He didn’t want to look at Sunggyu.

            “That one week three years ago, my parents…they came back,” he started, his voice rasp. “They told me that they were going to stay for a while. But I noticed something, something different. Mom wasn’t the same person she was before. She was quiet. She kept to herself. And sometimes, at night, I would hear her bursting into tears.”

            Sunggyu’s eyes widened. That, alone, was enough to make anybody crash for weeks. Sunggyu hadn’t seen Woohyun’s mom in years, but if it was the same lady that he knew, there was no way that she was capable of acting like that.

            “I asked Dad. I asked him what happened to Mom. I kept asking him for weeks…he wouldn’t tell me. He was different, too, but he wasn’t as bad as Mom. He tried keeping her company, but she would push everybody away. She didn’t want to see anybody. She didn’t even want to see me.”

            Another pause. When Woohyun started talking again, his voice was cracking, trying to keep himself from crying.

            “A few days later, Dad finally told me. He left for a day and said that he and Mom had to go somewhere, that they’d tell me where they were going soon enough. A few days later, Dad pulled me out and told me. He told me that they had gone to trial…they went to see a judge for a case.”

            He stopped again, and Sunggyu could hear him spit out a few curse words. Sunggyu wanted to comfort him so badly, to hug him, to tell him that nothing too bad had happened…but Woohyun managed to maintain his voice and start speaking again.

            “He told me…” Pause. “He told me that Mom had gotten . And that the man who did it was going to jail.”

            Sunggyu’s hands dropped from the table. His eyes stayed wide, staring at the shattered Woohyun in front of him. Was this why? This was why Woohyun was like that. Why…why couldn’t he be a more understanding boyfriend? He knew how much Woohyun loved and looked up to his mother. This…this would tear Woohyun to an extent that wasn’t even possible anymore.

            “How’d it happen?” Sunggyu asked an eternity later. “I mean, when? When they were in China?”

            “No,” Woohyun shook his head, a small smile appearing. He was happy for a second that Sunggyu remembered their conversation three years ago, when he told him that he missed his parents so badly when they had to go to China. But, almost a second later, his smile dropped. “No…it happened seventeen years ago.”

            “Seventeen years ago? Then why’d they bring it up then? Woohyun…did something happen that day?”

            Looking up, Woohyun’s eyes were finally visible. They were glossed up from the water that were kept in. When his first tear dropped, a sentence fell out of his mouth. “Where do you think L came from?”

 

Across town, in a certain dorm room, Sungyeol brushed his hands through L’s hair. He had cried himself to sleep, telling Sungyeol every detail of what had happened in his life.

            Sungyeol’s teeth were chattering, his right hand clutching his heart. It hurt – it hurt so much. For L, for everything that had happened to him.

            Slowly, he let his hand go and brushed at L’s dried tears. “It’s alright, Myungsoo. I’ll always be here for you. Don’t ever…ever let anything get in your way…you’re stronger than you look, Myungsoo. A lot stronger.”

No A/N for now. Quiet moment for Lhyun's family. 

 

 

BUT STILL COMMENT REPLIES. :D [hopefully it brightens the mood?]

@TabiLee: Reason's up there ^^ LOL and thankyouuu:) hehe I'll keep updating fast~~

@IAmMeMyself: ...There's what happened ^^ :) LOL and here's the connection too :)

@pripri: LOLOL NO. If you read the above...then it would've been really weird if Fei and Myungsoo dated. =.= [but yeah, I absolutely hate the clingy ex's too ;D]

@dojorockergirl: LOL is it? Since it's at night, it's starting to get cooler T.T and NO. NO. There's no way I could make my ultimate girl bias the bish ^^ :P 

@B1A4Katie1: LOL is this a cliffhanger too? And yeah. I TOTALLY WANT THEIR PARENTS~~ 

@inspirit-kay: LOL sorry about that then :P LOLOL my parents made me turn off the ac a while ago -.- FAN TIMEEEEEEE. LOLOL...and wait what? Who's older than Fei and Hwayoung? [so far, the order of all the ages are: Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Fei, Sungjong, and Hwayoung] ^^ sorryyy but if you tell me what I did wrong, I'll fix it right away!

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: LOLOLOL NO. FEI DIDN'T HURT MYUNGSOO. I DON'T THINK. LOLOL and it's updated :D

Yeah, there's more to the story...the rest of Woogyu's convo, Fei, Yadong, and Hwajong will probably be in the next chapter :) if you can wait until then lolol...I'll also resume to the normal pace of the story [this chapter's a little short, no?] :) thankyoualllll! ♥ iloveyoudearlywithallmylittleheart.